• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Thinking King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and Isaac for the Ballot?
You know, I'd really like that result. K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee are my two main choices, and though I have no investment in Isaac (I hate RPGs, and I'm never going to play Golden Sun, though I do know it has some awesome music), I know that his fans have worked long and hard for his appearance and deserve it.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Is it wrong to support both Bandanna Dee and Magolor? After today's post from PushDustIn, I'm starting to like idea of that blue mage being in Smash a lot. Then there's the fact that I'm finally going to buy Return to Dreamland this weekend.
No way. I support them too. Bandana Dee and Magolor would be excellent additions to Smash and round out the Kirby series quite nicely.
And I hope you enjoy Return to Dreamland. It's an awesome game.

I have a question for you guys?
How old do you think Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee are?
My opinion
:4kirby:: 10
:4dedede:: Mid-60's/Early 70's
:4metaknight:: Ancient
Bandana Dee: 16-20
Also, I'm sorry for using the term, "DK Fanboys", if it offended anyone.
Kirby: 8-10
Fluctuates depending on the game but Kirby is definitely a kid.
King Dedede: 35-40
Not an old man yet. It would've taken time for him to have established himself and gain his connections. In the earlier games, he disregarded Kirby as an older adult would a child.
Meta Knight: 25-27
He used to serve King Dedede and I take his redesign as a personality change similar to how a late teenager changes to being young adult. Therefore younger than King Dedede. Meta Knight also has made impulsive decisions and is very egotistical. So a powerful mentor figure but not in a "wise old man" way.
Bandana Dee: 13-15
He acts older than Kirby but clearly looks up to King Dedede. Young teen seems like a good fit.
Magolor: Looks 25
I think his race ages slowly but have a long lifespans. He's an adult, but very immature, manipulative, etc.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Bandana Dee would. We've got Wii Fit trainer squeezed on there.
Just for the record, Wii Fit Trainer, Pikmin & Olimar (Japanese name), Rosseta & Chiko (Japanese name), Rosalina & Luma, Mr Game & Watch (if we disregard the existence of the dot), and also Pokemon Trainer share the highest number of characters with whitespace: 15.

Bandana Dee would've worked, but I suppose Bandana Waddle Dee would too. Just need to try and squeeze on into the css :/

Furret24

Smash Master
Today is national Copy-Tortilla Noggin-Day.

Tomorrow, I will have my real new profile icon.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
An idea for a move for BDee (although potentially missed) would be him using an axe. I briefly floated the idea of using the axe to chop a tree, but Villager exists. For those who miss the reference:

(in the background).

Hey guys, I have another question ( I'm having a lot questions lately, am I)
If Nintendo/HAL Laboratory made another Kirby animated series, what would like to see in it? (Story,animation,etc)
Here's my list:
1. Use the Kirby Triple Deluxe's cutscenes as the art style. But,change Dedede he looked off in Triple Deluxe. My opinion.
2. I wouldn't mind if the show creates new characters, but have Kirby be the main focus of the show. We came to watch Kirby and friends, not two annoying pair of bowling pins.
3. Bring back the characters from past games. (The Animal friends,Dark Matter, Ribbon,Adeleine,etc)
4. Make the characters stay in character.
5. Don't make Kirby speak (I think they not going to make the puffball speak anytime soon) but,they always say,"Actions speak louder than words", similar to :4tlink:in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have another question ( I'm having a lot questions lately, am I)
If Nintendo/HAL Laboratory made another Kirby animated series, what would like to see in it? (Story,animation,etc)
Here's my list:
1. Use the Kirby Triple Deluxe's cutscenes as the art style. But,change Dedede he looked off in Triple Deluxe. My opinion.
2. I wouldn't mind if the show creates new characters, but have Kirby be the main focus of the show. We came to watch Kirby and friends, not two annoying pair of bowling pins.
3. Bring back the characters from past games. (The Animal friends,Dark Matter, Ribbon,Adeleine,etc)
4. Make the characters stay in character.
5. Don't make Kirby speak (I think they not going to make the puffball speak anytime soon) but,they always say,"Actions speak louder than words", similar to :4tlink:in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
1. Have Bandana Dee as an important character in the show.

Done.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think Nintendo is better off leaving cartoons and anime alone. All three Mario cartoons were horrible, Captain N...we don't speak of that show, the Zelda cartoon was even worse, there's a reason why nobody talks about the DK cartoon, and then of course, there's Right Back at Ya. The Pokémon anime was the only thing close to good they had on TV, and even that went to **** once it got to like, Best Wishes or something.
Video game cartoons in general aren't good. The Mega Man cartoon, the Street Fighter anime, all of the Sonic cartoons except for Sonic X, which was just shy of sucking, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think Nintendo is better off leaving cartoons and anime alone. All three Mario cartoons were horrible, Captain N...we don't speak of that show, the Zelda cartoon was even worse, there's a reason why nobody talks about the DK cartoon, and then of course, there's Right Back at Ya. The Pokémon anime was the only thing close to good they had on TV, and even that went to **** once it got to like, Best Wishes or something.
Video game cartoons in general aren't good. The Mega Man cartoon, the Street Fighter anime, all of the Sonic cartoons except for Sonic X, which was just shy of sucking, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
Um, bruh, the DK cartoon is da best.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
But I like the Dkc show, along with the Earthworm Jim show (Which is actually good). Of course, this is coming from someone who really wants Pichu and Young Link to back as DLC, so what do I know?

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Yo, DK Cartoon wuz da BEZT!!!!!1111!!!1!1!
Really, it's a guilty pleasure for me (especially the songs).

EDIT: How could you forget about Earthworm Jim?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I was there at the time with all of those oldest ones, and I can tell you for a fact that The Super Mario Bros. Super Show (which got its live-action segments cut over here, for some reason), The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Captain N: The Game Master, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong Country were all enormously popular and very well-received at the time.

Donkey Kong Country actually won awards for being what it was at a time when television animation was beginning to lean more towards poorly-drawn animation and crude writing, as well as for its technological excellence - it was one of the first major (unsung) proving-grounds for motion-capture technology that is commonplace today.

I'm old enough to have seen all of the revisionist history about these shows (and some other things from the era, like the Virtual Boy, believe it or not, which was actually quite highly-anticipated at the time) materialise out of nowhere over the last ten years or so. It doesn't reflect the reality surrounding them, which rings just as true today as it ever did, and is the reason Nintendo is again considering such licensing ventures now: Television adaptations are incredibly important for brand-awareness. This applies even when they get some things wrong (and I've said before how much the getting-things-wrong is a pet peeve of mine, which should underscore just how important a point this is).

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I saw this at comic con. I'm legit crying right now. And you'll never believe this, but they were Bandana Dee supporters!

Attachments

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I have a question for you guys?
How old do you think Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee are?
My opinion
:4kirby:: 10
:4dedede:: Mid-60's/Early 70's
:4metaknight:: Ancient
Bandana Dee: 16-20
Also, I'm sorry for using the term, "DK Fanboys", if it offended anyone.
They're all immortal.:b:
No seriously, I think they're immortal.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What you're forgetting, well I have one word for you, KAMBAT TIME!!! The original Pac-Man cartoon was good, the only thing was thatthey god Pinky's gender wrong.
I saw this at comic con. I'm legit crying right now. And you'll never believe this, but they were Bandana Dee supporters!
Oh my gosh, YES!!!!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor
Untitled-1.jpg

There it is your Jigglypuff, sorry if it took me a while, I was busy with other stuff, and now, time to make the abomination I was asked to do, goddess Bandana Dee or something like that.

Top Bottom