• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Is it the fact that it's more of a suggestion box, than a most-votes-wins thing?
Omg, that's exactly what I meant. That's what I meant, number of votes don't matter, it all about popularity, uniqueness, if the character can work well, and semi-etc. If the character fits into the met criteria than they may be put into the game. You see?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Omg, that's exactly what I meant.
I'm a Dedede mainer. I share his foresight. ;)

That's what I meant, number of votes don't matter, it all about popularity, uniqueness, if the character can work well, and semi-etc. If the character fits into the met criteria than they may be put into the game. You see?
In all fairness, this has been known since the beginning (also worth noting is that the Japanese page for the ballot apparently mentions that the data will be used for the next game, as well). ;) How much any given aspect of this applies is pure conjecture, though. That said, as was recently noted in the King K. Rool thread, if a character is getting a runaway amount of votes, that would very likely mean something.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Omg, that's exactly what I meant. That's what I meant, number of votes don't matter, it all about popularity, uniqueness, if the character can work well, and semi-etc. If the character fits into the met criteria than they'll be put into the game. You see?
Ah, yes, that. Each suggestion is taken into consideration. I feel bad for those who will read them, with all the Shrek votes.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm a Dedede mainer. I share his foresight. ;)

In all fairness, this has been known since the beginning (also worth noting is that the Japanese page for the ballot apparently mentions that the data will be used for the next game, as well). ;) How much any given aspect of this applies is pure conjecture, though. That said, as was recently noted in the King K. Rool thread, if a character is getting a runaway amount of votes, that would very likely mean something.
While it's true it's been known since the beginning, not many really treated it like that, people would always say that characters like K. Rool "Won the ballot" in other words, got the most votes, and in other other words, some didn't realize that it was a suggestion box.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What if we get this as a you-know-what...
I'd probably cry...
Hm, as much as I prefer the original cute version of Bdee, EVEN after the nightmare fuels related to him, that gijinka version of him looks pretty good. :)

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Omg, that's exactly what I meant. That's what I meant, number of votes don't matter, it all about popularity, uniqueness, if the character can work well, and semi-etc. If the character fits into the met criteria than they may be put into the game. You see?
That's actually what I've been speculating recently in terms of the ballot. And, as a matter of fact, I actually HOPE the ballot works this way. And I mean, it makes sense to me. They can't make any guarantees, because there's always a possibility that the "winning" character simply won't work. The official page even states that:

Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.
Did you see it? I know I did. If you didn't notice it, then look:

You see what I'm saying here?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Let's not stray off topic now with the Shrek stuff, please. It honestly annoys me (It's basically just a repetitive and obnoxious joke that needs to stop). This is the Bandana Dee thread, after all.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
because I dont competitively play, I like mario but not the moves... stop being smart:glare:
You don't have to play competitively to use simple moves...stop being bad:glare:
Anyway, backtracking a few pages, do you know what song I really wish was in Smash? Miracle Matter's theme from Crystal Shards. That's like, the second most metal theme in the series. Crystal Shards really had some great music, didn't it?

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Let's not stray off topic now with the Shrek stuff, please. It honestly annoys me (It's basically just a repetitive and obnoxious joke that needs to stop). This is the Bandana Dee thread, after all.
You stopped the disease before it even spread, and your not even Chandelure or Falkoopa!
New Moderator confirmed.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to play competitively to use simple moves...stop being bad:glare:
Anyway, backtracking a few pages, do you know what song I really wish was in Smash? Miracle Matter's theme from Crystal Shards. That's like, the second most metal theme in the series. Crystal Shards really had some great music, didn't it?
I sorta want to hear:
Magalor (want this a lot)
CROWNED
Grand Doomer
Sectonia (first phase) Dirty and Beauty
Metaknight's theme
Galactaknight's theme
Boss battle (Kirby's Dreamland)
Dark MetaKnight
Zero and Darkmatter - Dreamland 3
Maybe a Megaton punch remix medley style
But this to much...

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be cool if there was the non-remixed version of 02's theme (original). They're both fantastic songs, although I did have to reconsider my opinion on both of them. The brawl version (I feel) loses points for adding the "Hey" sounds for most of the song.

Also, wouldn't it be great if they released more Kirby VC games on the 3DS. I mean we got Kirby's Dream Land, KDL 2, Kirby's Adventure, the Pinball game, Star Stacker, and I'm fairly certain there is one more*. I mean, Mirror is available for some people, but I would love for them to put it on the eShop.

Games I would like to be on the eShop:
KDL 3
K64
With some tweaking, Tilt 'n Tumble (maybe)
Maybe even Smash 64

*Block Ball

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin And while K. Rool got alot of votes, once again, popularity and number of votes are two different things, plus there are other things besides popularity, such as uniqueness, working in-game, balance, and semi-etc. They have to consider the character before they put that character in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
uniqueness, working in-game, balance, and semi-etc.
To be fair, a lot of these depend on how far Sakurai is interested in the character. No one considered Rosalina to be particularly unique until her Smash appearance. Working in-game and balance are subject to variable interpretation, even if they don't seem to be (People have made Ridley work in a Smash environment, however, that doesn't fit Sakurai's vision of how he should be, so he isn't playable.)

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
To be fair, a lot of these depend on how far Sakurai is interested in the character. No one considered Rosalina to be particularly unique until her Smash appearance. Working in-game and balance are subject to variable interpretation, even if they don't seem to be (People have made Ridley work in a Smash environment, however, that doesn't fit Sakurai's vision of how he should be, so he isn't playable.)

:231:
Hm, I see. That's true, so if we take that all into consideration, we have the criteria for a Smash Bros character.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee is the only main previously hostile character in Kirby that doesn't have a battle theme unique to them. Dedede easily does and I think MK does. If BD had a theme, what genre do you think it would be? Like, when I think of MK, just because of Brawl's version of Revenge of MK, I think jazz. BD strikes me with polka music for some reason.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
That is an interesting question actually, I would say the Waddle Dee's theme from Kirby's Star stacker, but I don't know how much it will fit. Due to its repetition.
Edit: Actually I think this theme sorta fits the personality and presence of Bandana, if they lengthened the song, add to, and/or adjusted the speed. It would be great main theme for Bandana Waddle Dee don't you think? :)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee is the only main previously hostile character in Kirby that doesn't have a battle theme unique to them. Dedede easily does and I think MK does. If BD had a theme, what genre do you think it would be? Like, when I think of MK, just because of Brawl's version of Revenge of MK, I think jazz. BD strikes me with polka music for some reason.
I don't know why, but I imagine something upbeat and "clumsy". If that makes sense.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wouldn't it be cool if there was the non-remixed version of 02's theme (original). They're both fantastic songs, although I did have to reconsider my opinion on both of them. The brawl version (I feel) loses points for adding the "Hey" sounds for most of the song.

Also, wouldn't it be great if they released more Kirby VC games on the 3DS. I mean we got Kirby's Dream Land, KDL 2, Kirby's Adventure, the Pinball game, Star Stacker, and I'm fairly certain there is one more*. I mean, Mirror is available for some people, but I would love for them to put it on the eShop.

Games I would like to be on the eShop:
KDL 3
K64
With some tweaking, Tilt 'n Tumble (maybe)
Maybe even Smash 64

*Block Ball
The original really wouldn't work in Smash, too slow. I like the remix. Sounds like they're saying "Bacon! Bacon!"

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
The song is a bit slow to start but the rest of it is fine.
I agree, original Zero 2 is a song that goes over the beauty of Kirby, a series that has a soft and nice tone to it, but if you look deeper it is darker and more foreboding that it seems. It would great fighting music IF WE GOT ANOTHER KIRBY STAGE THAT IS NOT ABOUT SUPER STAR....

That is an interesting question actually, I would say the Waddle Dee's theme from Kirby's Star stacker, but I don't know how much it will fit. Due to its repetition.
Edit: Actually I think this theme sorta fits the personality and presence of Bandana, if the lengthened the song and or adjusted the speed. It would be great main theme for don't you think? :)

I think this should be Bandana Dee's theme, it would be a shout out to Kirby Super Star Stacker, a game that needs some love.
Knowing how HAL likes to make shout outs to other Kirby games and other Nintendo franchises. They might do it. About the theme being repetition, just listen to Heavy Lobster's theme from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin And while K. Rool got alot of votes, once again, popularity and number of votes are two different things, plus there are other things besides popularity, such as uniqueness, working in-game, balance, and semi-etc. They have to consider the character before they put that character in.
Yep, that is true, but we also know from the previous two Japan-only polls (one of which got some Western input, which probably prompted this latest one to be made global), that the characters with the most requests do tend to get in - Bowser, Dedede, Sonic, those sorts. There has yet to be any precedent set against this - in fact, looking at it, it seems to be used as a gauge of popularity to some degree.

I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, and I sincerely apologise if I am, but it almost sounds as if you're hoping that there's some way that K. Rool's support somehow magically doesn't count or that he as a character somehow won't work, but previous ballots and the character himself speak against this. (Disclaimer: I am a K. Rool supporter first - I should point that out, since you keep mentioning him. ;))

I think this should be Bandana Dee's theme, it would be a shout out to Kirby Super Star Stacker, a game that needs some love.
Knowing how HAL likes to make shout outs to other Kirby games and other Nintendo franchises. They might do it. About the theme being repetition, just listen to Heavy Lobster's theme from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
That's not beyond the realms of possibility - the Masked Dedede theme is derived from Dedede's theme in Super Star Stacker, after all!

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If Masked D3's theme was in a smash game, that'd be an indirect reference to Super Star Stacker.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yep, that is true, but we also know from the previous two Japan-only polls (one of which got some Western input, which probably prompted this latest one to be made global), that the characters with the most requests do tend to get in - Bowser, Dedede, Sonic, those sorts. There has yet to be any precedent set against this - in fact, looking at it, it seems to be used as a gauge of popularity to some degree.

I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, and I sincerely apologise if I am, but it almost sounds as if you're hoping that there's some way that K. Rool's support somehow magically doesn't count or that he as a character somehow won't work, but previous ballots and the character himself speak against this. (Disclaimer: I am a K. Rool supporter first - I should point that out, since you keep mentioning him. ;))

That's not beyond the realms of possibility - the Masked Dedede theme is derived from Dedede's theme in Super Star Stacker, after all!
Nope, not at all, I'm just using him as an example, I'm not against him in the slightest. Also I don't know what magic has to do with any of this.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I just want people to stick Techno Factory with BWD as his theme.

BTW, my last message was the 22222nd one on this thread! :D

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Yes... Iwata's death was announced a month ago. :( I didn't notice it until I saw your post...
Sadly, I joined SmashBoards on July 11th. The same day. When I first realized that I felt bad. Not like, "I'm sad," though yes, I was sad, very, but I felt like a bad person, who picked bad bad timing. Wah.

Anyway, that was off topic.

Sadly, I joined SmashBoards on July 11th. The same day. When I first realized that I felt bad. Not like, "I'm sad," though yes, I was sad, very, but I felt like a bad person, who picked bad bad timing. Wah.

Anyway, that was off topic.
No reason to feel bad about joining here the same day as Iwata died... no one here knew about Iwata's death then, it was announced two days later.

But yes, this is off-topic.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My god, I neeeed a Dee-rect right about now
I'm goin' crazy with all these new games but no info :drshrug:

Top Bottom