• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I've never used that before but I've heard of it. Do you need an account to upload (I feel that is a dumb question)?
Actually, you don't have to, but, it is better to make an account so you can find your uploaded files easily if you need them later. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
=_= Oh, JP, you and your wierd stuff.

o_o I mean, HECK, they like to combine "School" and "Killing" together...so, "Cute" and "Guns" it's probably one of their things...
Weird though, cause they really don't like violence all too much, it's more looked down upon in video games then here in USA...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Weird though, cause they really don't like violence all too much, it's more looked down upon in video games then here in USA...
xD JP NOT liking violence? come on, what I have seen they do in hundreds of animes and games shows that they do.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I am making all these comments, I don't even know if I can make the homemade bandana successfully. My plush still needs to arrive and I don't even know if it will be large enough.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD JP NOT liking violence? come on, what I have seen they do in hundreds of animes and games shows that they do.
Well, it's really true when it comes to games, their rating system runs games with gore and violence as high we in USA would rule sexual content...I'm not kidding with that, I read that before a few years back when I saw one video on YT before about it.

AndreaAC

I am making all these comments, I don't even know if I can make the homemade bandana successfully. My plush still needs to arrive and I don't even know if it will be large enough.
They didn't showed size numbers of the plushie when you ordered it?

EDIT: From what I have seen on the internet, the Waddle Dee plushies are around 5'' to 6'' long.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
They didn't showed size numbers of the plushie when you ordered it?
I think it was 6" or so.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am watching a livestream and the guy was on the Miiverse stage playing as Kirby. In the background popped up a picture of Bandana Dee, Waddle Doo and Gooey saying "Go Kirby Win". I thought I would share it with you guys. Who knows, maybe one person here even done that pic.

When Bandana Dee gets in, one of the Event Matches should be called:
Waddle towards your victory!
Official description: It seems like a large group of small,orange puffballs are coming your way! They might look innocent, but they like to pick on a smaller group of people. It's time to prepare yourself and challenge your fate!
Player 1 and Player 2 can choose from:4lucina:and :4robinm:,each having three stocks. No time limit. To defeat a HUGE amount of Bandana Dees (at least 64) ,each one become larger,smarter,stronger, and faster when one is defeated.
( I know this might not happen, but just imagine.)

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
When Bandana Dee gets in, one of the Event Matches should be called:
Waddle towards your victory!
Official description: It seems like a large group of small,orange puffballs are coming your way! They might look innocent, but they like to pick on a smaller group of people. It's time to prepare yourself and challenge your fate!
Player 1 and Player 2 can choose from:4lucina:and :4robinm:,each having three stocks. No time limit. To defeat a HUGE amount of Bandana Dees (at least 64) ,each one become larger,smarter,stronger, and faster when one is defeated.
( I know this might not happen, but just imagine.)
Make it like the Dedede 64 from Fighters Deluxe. 61 little Dees, then two moderately sized ones and the Big Dee himself. When the two moderates are KO'd the normal Dee grows to a huge size till he is KO'd.

Note: All innuendos are intended.

I'm not clued in on the weapon triangle (I never played FE) but isn't it something like Sword beats Spear, Spear beats Horse(?), and Horse(?) beats Sword.

And then Frederick beats everything (BiTF joke).

This is the official weapon triangle, but nothing will defeat or be like our lord and savior, Frederick sempai.
I miss Brawl in the Family.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Question. How would you all react to Bandana Dee's trailer? Personally, I'd cry until I'm completely dehydrated, then refill myself with the tears of the Deetractors. :happysheep:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have a question (an actual one, not just an opinion one): Is Bandana Dee one of only two playable Kirby characters (in Kirby games) to not appear in a smash game, excluding characters that are just palette swaps (no brown Kirby, carbon Kirby, etc.).
Obviously Kirby, D3 and MK appear in Smash, and Gooey appears as a trophy in Melee. But Prince Fluff and BDee don't appear in any form, do they?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey guys, I have a question (an actual one, not just an opinion one): Is Bandana Dee one of only two playable Kirby characters (in Kirby games) to not appear in a smash game, excluding characters that are just palette swaps (no brown Kirby, carbon Kirby, etc.).
Obviously Kirby, D3 and MK appear in Smash, and Gooey appears as a trophy in Melee. But Prince Fluff and BDee don't appear in any form, do they?
Nope, nothing either

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, that's unfortunately true.

That said, with all the appearances he's been making in the Kirby series as of late, his total absence in Smash might become an :231: in the room.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was thinking about how a theoretical multi-jump mechanic would work for Dee.

The obvious solution is that Dee just flaps his arms as he does in the games, or jumps multiple times with a puff of sparks under his feet in the vein of helpers. That, to me, would seem shoehorned. I think there are other options that would fit Dee's character and set him apart from other multi-jumpers (most of whom either flap their wings or puff themselves up like a giant balloon).

What if Dee used his Spearcopter as a multi-jump? He can jump, then spin it up to thrice more with varying levels of intensity. This would open up more options for his up-b, but it would have to be a non-lethal hitbox to compensate.

The other option is that Dee could have a unique jump mechanic that sets him even further apart from others: he could use his Spearcopter to glide back to the stage, in a manner reminiscent of Peach's float. The difference here is that Dee drifts downwards when he uses it, rather than moving in a straight horizontal trajectory, and most importantly, he can't attack while he floats down as Peach can: doing so cancels the animation and returns him to his safe-fall. It'd be more akin to Peach's up-b in that case, but to ensure it's relatively balanced, he can't deactivate / reactivate the animation and he can only use the float for a few seconds before he falls. Maybe holding the animation for its maximum duration would send Dee into freefall to make it a relatively risky option, so he has to decide if it's best to use it or his up-b instead. Depending on how effective his up-b is, the float could even replace his double-jump, so he can jump -> float rather than jump -> jump as others can!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was thinking about how a theoretical multi-jump mechanic would work for Dee.

The obvious solution is that Dee just flaps his arms as he does in the games, or jumps multiple times with a puff of sparks under his feet in the vein of helpers. That, to me, would seem shoehorned. I think there are other options that would fit Dee's character and set him apart from other multi-jumpers (most of whom either flap their wings or puff themselves up like a giant balloon).

What if Dee used his Spearcopter as a multi-jump? He can jump, then spin it up to thrice more with varying levels of intensity. This would open up more options for his up-b, but it would have to be a non-lethal hitbox to compensate.

The other option is that Dee could have a unique jump mechanic that sets him even further apart from others: he could use his Spearcopter to glide back to the stage, in a manner reminiscent of Peach's float. The difference here is that Dee drifts downwards when he uses it, rather than moving in a straight horizontal trajectory, and most importantly, he can't attack while he floats down as Peach can: doing so cancels the animation and returns him to his safe-fall. It'd be more akin to Peach's up-b in that case, but to ensure it's relatively balanced, he can't deactivate / reactivate the animation and he can only use the float for a few seconds before he falls. Maybe holding the animation for its maximum duration would send Dee into freefall to make it a relatively risky option, so he has to decide if it's best to use it or his up-b instead. Depending on how effective his up-b is, the float could even replace his double-jump, so he can jump -> float rather than jump -> jump as others can!
You say that as if Sakurai is against shoehorning things in.

Top Bottom