• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I've just realized something. In Return to Dream Land you can do that health sharing thing (face-to-face food transfer, as I have heard it called). Now, how does that work with MK (I know it works the same in game, but it seems weird)? Also, imagine MK and Bandana Dee. The two characters without visible mouths sharing food via mouth.
It isn't even restricted to that game. A lot of the helpers in Kirby Super Star don't even have a mouth.

Troykv

Smash Master
This is perfect. Ironically enough, it looks like some poor deetractors already saw it and disliked it :laugh:.

I'd react to it like this, I'd send a letter as following to the newly created Tsubasa Thread.View attachment 67670
Tsubasa's Thread? I believed that only exists a general Revelations whatever (I don't think thar I can learn the complete name xD) #FE Character Thread xD

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I think Bandana Dee should only have a tipper for his tilts and possibly smashes(My version of down-air would require a tipper for a meteor on his foot, and the up-air could have a tipper). If he had it for all moves, that kinda makes :4marth:'s playstyle less special.
And though I know that it does make sense, I don't think it should be implemented for all moves, partially because the hilt of every sword except Marth's does no less damage than the rest.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So, another question (I'm going to run out soon). What currently in smash characters do you hate the most? Mine is Mario, and by extension, Dr Mario. This is solely due to the Cape, and against AI, they ruthlessly exploit the fact that they know exactly when to use it to mess you up. This is also the reason I hate characters with counters and, to a lesser extent, reflectors.
By most hated I('m going to take it as who are you the worst at.

The characters I'm the worst at are Diddy Kong, Sonic, Fox, Sheik, and Little Mac. However, most hated is Wario. For obvious reasons.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This is the most popular drawing in the Support King Dedede section of Miiverse right now XD

I...saw this on the Miiverse stage just yesterday. I was playing a quick one-on-one battle against a CPU DDD with me as Morton Koopa Jr., and this caught my eye. A bit unsettling at first, but I got used to it.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Since i'm too lazy to make a GIF right now, do me a favor and skip to 2:49 in the video below to find out how Bandana Dee would react.
That was... lovely. Honestly I prefer a voiceless BWD.
B. D. is a good idea, but I prefer Tiki
So what are you doing on this forum if you're going to vote for someone else?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What's going on Bandana Brigade? It's been a while since I dropped by, so apologies for that.

Did anyone get the Rainbow Curse?

I'm passively interested in getting it for the multiplayer(four player, right?) but have heard mixed things.

How's it stack up against Return to Dreamland? Thought I best ask the Dreamland experts before making a final decision.

Troykv

Smash Master
That was... lovely. Honestly I prefer a voiceless BWD.

So what are you doing on this forum if you're going to vote for someone else?
Maybe he likes Bandana Dee... Or maybe just he is doing random publicity... Who knows.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
http://twishort.com/NDLic I made a new, updated moveset for Bandana Dee.

What's going on Bandana Brigade? It's been a while since I dropped by, so apologies for that.

I'm passively interested in getting it for the multiplayer(four player, right?) but have heard mixed things.

How's it stack up against Return to Dreamland? Thought I best ask the Dreamland experts before making a final decision.
Well, I joined.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
B. D. is a good idea, but I prefer Tiki
OK XD
You should go to the Tiki thread.
Would love to see another kirby character in smash nya! Plus a spear wielding character would be a great addition I think nya~
Thanks for your support!

Hi YoshiandToad!
I think Return to Dream Land is better, Rainbow Curse lacks copy abilities and the Canvas Curse style gameplay is pretty fun, but I personally prefer the normal one.
Rainbow Curse is still a great game and it sounds really cool with 4 players, I personally played it with one/two players.
The graphics are also awesome.

In summary... you should buy it.
As spin off, it's not as good as the main games, BUT it's still a great and fun game, specially with more players.
http://twishort.com/NDLic I made a new, updated moveset for Bandana Dee.
Cool!

Also, please try to not double post, you can edit your previous post to add more content to it without making a new one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's the final months before the vote closes. Make sure you and everyone you know votes. And Remember, all phones have their own IP address so disable wifi and vote with that too.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's the final months before the vote closes. Make sure you and everyone you know votes. And Remember, all phones have their own IP address so disable wifi and vote with that too.
Thanks for the information. By the way everyone how did the propaganda go while I was gone?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, wow! That phone wi-fi thing works? How?
Simple, to use the internet while roaming your device needs an IP and disabling wi-fi makes sure it doesn't use your home one. Takes a lot longer to type up on the phone but an extra vote is an extra vote.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That would be interesting. I've always wanted to know exactly what Bandanna Dee does as Dedede's bodyguard. I mean, who would actually try to attack Dedede?
Seeing it put like this, I realise that Bandana Waddle Dee has a good in-universe point that goes in his favour: He's Dedede's bodyguard.

I mean, yes, we know this, but bear with me: BWD is the bodyguard of that one big strong guy who's twice as big as everyone else on Popstar. It speaks volumes about Bandana Dee's strength and skill (and it does make me wonder how he earned the post).

Besides Meta Knight, who has a track record of spontaneously attacking people.
With a massive overkill battleship.

Actually, come to think of it, there was only one who he aimed to attack with the Halberd... Bandana Waddle Dee is strong enough to defend against the Halberd, confirmed!

This is the most popular drawing in the Support King Dedede section of Miiverse right now XD

Man, that's scary... :crazy:

Speaking of popular drawings on Miiverse, though, look what's been on the front page of the general Smash section all day!

Nice work with that request, Chandy! :smash:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Alright. Make sure you vote on ALL of your devices that can go on the internet and make sure everyone you know votes for BANDANA DEE! The ballot is nearly over-it's our last chance to get Bandana Dee in Smash!!!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Seeing it put like this, I realise that Bandana Waddle Dee has a good in-universe point that goes in his favour: He's Dedede's bodyguard.

I mean, yes, we know this, but bear with me: BWD is the bodyguard of that one big strong guy who's twice as big as everyone else on Popstar. It speaks volumes about Bandana Dee's strength and skill (and it does make me wonder how he earned the post).
I assume it was his undying loyalty that got him the job. Dedede probably gave him his spear and bandanna to signify that he was apart of what I guess you call his Royal Guard. Or Dededefenders. He is, after all, the hardest boss in existence.

With a massive overkill battleship.
You know what they say, there's no kill quite like overkill.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, there's some upcoming Kirby merchandise that's just been announced, some of which we already knew about (the keychain plushes from the Tokyo Toy Show), and most of which is new and will be sold at a temporary shop location (shopping bags, towels, an exclusive event variant plush keychain which is modelled a little bit after Kirby's older look, and some other bits and pieces). (EDIT: There's a bit more info on San-Ei's Twitter page. EDIT: And even more on the website of the store where the event taking place alongside this is being held.)

Why am I mentioning it? Well, it features Waddle Dees in hats, and who doesn't like those? Unfortunately, they're forest animal hats (and shoes), not bandanas. :laugh:

Anyway, take in the cute artwork!

I mean, how the juice was this episode green lighted?!
I wonder that about the anime itself as a whole, sometimes, where it was such a poor representation of the franchise... :p

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, there's some upcoming Kirby merchandise that's just been announced, some of which we already knew about (the keychain plushes from the Tokyo Toy Show), and most of which is new and will be sold at a temporary shop location (shopping bags, towels, an exclusive variant plush keychain which is modelled a little bit after Kirby's older look, and some other bits and pieces).

Why am I mentioning it? Well, it features Waddle Dees in hats, and who doesn't like those? Unfortunately, they're forest animal hats (and shoes), not bandanas. :laugh:

I wonder that about the anime itself as a whole, sometimes, where it was such a poor representation of the franchise... :p
SO ADORABLE!

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Seeing the Raccoon Dee just made me realize how adorable Bandana Dee would look if he grabbed the Super Leaf item in Super Smash Bros... Little ears poking out of his bandana, and a raccoon tail... Now I want him in Smash more than ever. XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Seeing the Raccoon Dee just made me realize how adorable Bandana Dee would look if he grabbed the Super Leaf item in Super Smash Bros... Little ears poking out of his bandana, and a raccoon tail... Now I want him in Smash more than ever. XD
I didn't even think of that, but now I can't get it out of my head. :laugh: (It just looks ridiculous on poor ol' Dedede.)

Anyway, the timing of the event (roughly translated, "Kirby's Dream Land Picnic", for those interested) interests me. I know it's during the summer holidays and all, but we actually haven't seen a new Kirby game in a little while, now. It makes me hopeful that we might hear about something that could have good knock-on effects for Bandana Waddle Dee's popularity sometime soon, hopefully before the ballot ends.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, there's some upcoming Kirby merchandise that's just been announced, some of which we already knew about (the keychain plushes from the Tokyo Toy Show), and most of which is new and will be sold at a temporary shop location (shopping bags, towels, an exclusive event variant plush keychain which is modelled a little bit after Kirby's older look, and some other bits and pieces). (EDIT: There's a bit more info on San-Ei's Twitter page. EDIT: And even more on the website of the store where the event taking place alongside this is being held.)

Maybe they have all these Waddle Dees to tease Bandana Dee.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
But come ya'll.
I mean:
View attachment 67770
POWER hoses!
View attachment 67772
Tear gas!
View attachment 67774
GUNS!
I mean, how the juice was this episode green lighted?!
o_o Wait...these were actual guns, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure ? Holy...now that's extreme.

That artwork can cause Cuteness Overload. ^u^

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

Those "Keychain" like things (I don't know what they are called) looked so cute. The art and such seems so adorable. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THESE THINGS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD? Why isn't the rest of the world so accepting of cuteness?

Also, I ordered a Waddle Dee plush recently. I should have it soon. I'm hoping I can gut some blue fabric cut out of a t-shirt I never wear to make into a bandana so I have a semi-homemade Bandana Dee plush. I'll let you guys know if the endeavour is successful.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Those "Keychain" like things (I don't know what they are called) looked so cute. The art and such seems so adorable. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THESE THINGS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD?
At the very least, we've always got import outfits like AmiAmi! :grin:

Also, I ordered a Waddle Dee plush recently. I should have it soon. I'm hoping I can gut some blue fabric cut out of a t-shirt I never wear to make into a bandana so I have a semi-homemade Bandana Dee plush. I'll let you guys know if the endeavour is successful.
We expect pictures. ;)

Top Bottom