• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What if Nintendo calls him Waddle Dee again? :p

To be fair, there are no regular or generic "Waddle Dees" in this game. In Triple Deluxe they had to call him that to avoid confusion though since there were, but at the same time he was "Bandana Waddle Dee" so it's still his name, technically. We should still all be happy he's gotten this much representation. :)

For those who have spoiled themselves, does Bandana Dee appear in any other cutscenes than the first one?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hang on, we have Metroid stuff in MH4 (funny enough the Samus thing was fighting a dragon in the video) DEELC FOR MH4
Monster Hunter has had a lot of Nintendo crossover. Mario costumes for the cat helpers, animal crossing helpers, Link armor, Metroid armor, Megaman Feylne costume, and even stuff like Dante from Devil May Cry Feylne costumes.

I wanted a Monster Hunter rep for smash pretty bad too. Especially with so much crossing over and the games coming out on Nintendo. :D

To be fair, there are no regular or generic "Waddle Dees" in this game. In Triple Deluxe they had to call him that to avoid confusion though since there were, but at the same time he was "Bandana Waddle Dee" so it's still his name, technically. We should still all be happy he's gotten this much representation. :)

For those who have spoiled themselves, does Bandana Dee appear in any other cutscenes than the first one?
Sometimes I feel like the reasoning for this is that Bandana Waddle Dee is a long name. Still I wish they'd just call him Bandana Dee instead. They reluctant to drop that he's a Waddle Dee as well? Okay. lol.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I made a move set for Bandana Dee. There may be some moves made for brawl physics in it, so ignore them if there are.
Neutral Attack-Stabs, Stabs repeatedly, then follows up with a bigger stab
Dash Attack-Slashes with spear
Forward Tilt-Stabs
Up Tilt-Stabs upward
Down Tilt-Slides on the floor
Forward Smash-Stabs
Up Smash-Stabs overhead
Down Smash-Spins with Spear extended
Neutral Aerial-Flips with spear extended
Forward Aerial-Slashes
Back Aerial-Attacks with the butt of the spear
Up Aerial-Slashes overhead
Down Aerial-Slashes underfoot
Grab-Grabs. Very short
Pummel-Stabs with spear
Forward Throw-Throws
Back Throw-Throws backward, then attacks with the butt of the spear
Up Throw-Throws upward
Down Throw-Throws to the ground
Floor (Front)-Spins with spear extended
Floor (Back)-Spins with spear extended
Floor (Trip)-Spins with spear extended
Edge (-100%)-Stabs as he gets up
Edge (100+)-Stabs then gets up
Neutral Special-Guard Attack: Waddle Dee jabs the opponent repeatedly and throws many spears.
Custom 1-Fire Guard: Guard attack throws flaming spears
Custom 2-Retaliate: Guard attack is a counter
Side Special-Spear Throw: Waddle Dee throws his spear, this can be charged to throw three at once, and throws rapid fire in the air
Custom 1-Spear Launch: Throws the spears faster and farther
Custom 2-Spear Flight: The spears are unaffected by gravity
Up Special-Spear Copter: Waddle Dee spins his spear overhead to fly. This can damage foes
Custom 1-Tornado Copter: Spear Copter cannot be controlled, and goes farther up.
Custom 2-Shockwave Copter: Spear copter now sends shockwaves outward
Down Special-Moon Drop: Waddle Dee spins straight down damaging opponents rapidly on the way down. This launches them far when you hit the ground
Custom 1-Gum Drop: Moon Drop no longer damages rapidly going down. Instead launches enemies far and creates a shockwave when you hit the ground
Custom 2-Freeze Drop: Moon Drop will freeze opponents.
Final Smash-Mini Boss: Waddle Dee summons two mini bosses from the Kirby series to attack each other. They serve as a stage hazard until one is defeated, and blows up. The victor disappears and both Mini Bosses can be damaged by the opponents as well as Waddle Dee.
Up Taunt-Dances
Side Taunt-Does a sidestep dance
Down Taunt-Does a shuffle dance
On-Screen Appearance-Lands from a Warp Star
Cheer-Waddle-Dee--Hoo-Hoo-Hoo
Victory Fanfare-Level Clear
Winning Pose-Dances
Loosing Pose-Lies on the floor, defeated

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184

Wait… three Waddle Dees. Illuminati confirmed! Where is the Cyan Dee? Is he gone from the game?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh well, the Rayman leak is fake.

At least we can talk about decent leaks now:

:awesome:

And yeah, his name is Waddle Dee again, but I will always call him Bandana Dee thanks to this:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Yeah, we talked about this earlier. The Cyan Dee appeared in the title screen art at E3, but was absent when the multiplayer function was announced in the direct.

It's safe to assume he was scrapped mid-development, since there would be 5 players, something that isn't common for Nintendo games.

Otherwise it's possible he's still in the game, and we haven't found him. One theory I had was that there was a Bandana Dee-only mode like Dedede Tour, and that Cyan Dee would join in during the multiplayer of THAT. Judging from what I've heard, though, there is no sign of anything like that. So, he'll probably only be a memory from now on.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Yeah, we talked about this earlier. The Cyan Dee appeared in the title screen art at E3, but was absent when the multiplayer function was announced in the direct.

It's safe to assume he was scrapped mid-development, since there would be 5 players, something that isn't common for Nintendo games.

Otherwise it's possible he's still in the game, and we haven't found him. One theory I had was that there was a Bandana Dee-only mode like Dedede Tour, and that Cyan Dee would join in during the multiplayer of THAT. Judging from what I've heard, though, there is no sign of anything like that. So, he'll probably only be a memory from now on.
I remember that we talked about it. It was before Rainbow Curse came out. But that theory might be true. What would the clever name of the mode be though… apart from Deetour. What about Deelusion (Dee and illusion) since Rainbow Curse is about an art type concept?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
:(

I'm more sad that it was @HextupleyooDOT that got us again. I thought he was my friend, BUT HE STABBED ME IN THE BACK.

From now on, if you see any high quality renders, assume they are made by Hextupley.

JK, he's cool. He's super talented and I hope he does Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
:(

I'm more sad that it was @HextupleyooDOT that got us again. I thought he was my friend, BUT HE STABBED ME IN THE BACK.

From now on, if you see any high quality renders, assume they are made by Hextupley.

JK, he's cool. He's super talented and I hope he does Bandana Waddle Dee.
Yeah, I actually don't know why some of the Rayman fans are THAT mad (saying they want the guy dead ._.).
That leak just made Rayman in Smash MUCH more popular and also ... it looks awesome.

I'm with you in this one, I hope he does a Bandana Dee leak someday too XD

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah, I actually don't know why some of the Rayman fans are THAT mad (saying they want the guy dead ._.).
That leak just made Rayman in Smash MUCH more popular and also ... it looks awesome.

I'm with you in this one, I hope he does a Bandana Dee leak someday too XD
Well, he is doing a series. This crazy stunt was to promote it.

He's currently asking for what character he should do next. Try and let him know about Bandana Waddle Dee.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I spoiled myself because the game is still 2015 tba in Europe and I won't be able to play it along with the rest of the world.
I haven't spoiled myself the game completely, so it's possible that there is something more that I haven't seen, but for what I seen and what I remember, the game has no cutscenes at all other than the opening sequence. Anyway, Bandana Dee appears in some pages of the diary of Elline, and all the colored dees are drawn all around the final page of it.
There are some final sequences in the game, but they aren't cutscenes, they are in-game sequences connected to the credits scrolls, and in that part the presence of Bandana Dee depends on if you play with him or not. I'm not sure if he appears in the credits or not even if you play alone, I have to check. Checked right now, the guy was playing alone and Bandana Dee wasn't in the credits/final "cutscene".

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
To be honest, I think I would be pretty happy if Omni "leaked" Bandana Dee instead of Rayman. Bandana Dee gets some exposure and some cool art.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Hang on, we have Metroid stuff in MH4 (funny enough the Samus thing was fighting a dragon in the video) DEELC FOR MH4
Not my friend.

Featureing: DEELC OF THE YEAR!!!
Mario kart 8 new character- Bandana Dee, King Dedede and Kirby
Hyrule Warriors new weapons- Darunia with King dedede Hammer, Volga with Bandana Dee Spear and Tingle with Kirby Balloon.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate new Palicoe costume-Kirby Costume and Bandana Dee costume.
Fantasy Life new DLC Pack-Kirby costume, King Dedede Costume and Bandana Dee Costume.
Xenoblade Cronicles X New mechas- Mechas Kirby, Mechas King Dedede and Mecha Waddle Dee. and exclusive Bandana Dee spear and Gamestop exclusive Dedede Jet Hammer.
Smash bros. DEELC GODLIKE PACK- New character Bandana Dee, New stages of Return to dream Land, New Mii Hats (waddle Dee hat),Rainbow course music remix now in the new stage and Mini Ridley

What about Meta Knight, sorry kid, No one like like him anymore because it too strong or too weak, so forget meta Knight because Bandana Dee is the new Meta.
So Shut up and Give us money.

Anyway, I going to lose my life in Monster Hunter.
A prioroty about Bandana Dee moveset.

He have a Tip of the spear in every attack that deal better damage and Knock back.
Always have a Good Range but he don't hit too hard.
He need the new flying animation that he does in Rainbow course.
Some of its move too are based of Parasol and Megaton Punch, because are the most iconic for him and Iconic for any Waddle Dee.
Bandana Dee is pretty light and little bit slower than Kirby, but is Range make up for a bit.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What do you think about the "bandana parachute"? XD
After doing the Spearcopter, Bandana Dee uses his bandana as a parachute, like Mr. Game and Watch.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
What do you think about the "bandana parachute"? XD
After doing the Spearcopter, Bandana Dee uses his bandana as a parachute, like Mr. Game and Watch.
I suggested that months ago, remember?
Edit: Whoops, misunderstood you. It would be be cool.

Though if this does happen, BD's recovery is going to be godlike. XD

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
After some reasearch, I have concluded the Rainbow Curse is an absolute Godsend for the dee.

DEDEDE AND META KNIGHT ARE ONLY THERE AS FIGUIRINES, ITS PRACTICALLY A CAMEO BUT BDEE IS PLAYABLE

THEY WERE IN CANVAS CURSE SO WHY NOT THIS ONE?

BECAUSE BDEE CONFIRMED, GOD SAVE THE DEE, #yolodee #therecanonlydeeone #redee4fredee

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
wow, this game is a master piece, a gift from the heavens.

if IGN doesn't give it an 10/10, I will walk down to their head quarters and force them to.

music, gameplay, graphics, and everything is amazing.

So I took some screenshots from the gamexplain video, I had to skip parts of it to not spoil it for me.

so here we go

Chef Kawasaki

Meta Knight

King dedederp

Wierd... Kirby thing

Stages?

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I got pranked somehow...

Yay! My name's finally pink!:bluejump:
What?! I just noticed that I'm pink too, again! XD
And I changed one of my Smash 4 mains to Kirby like an hour ago, before the prank!

Bandana Dee confirmed.
So much… pink? It looks purple for me. Anyways, I'm bored so I made a ridable WarpStar on G'Mod. Off topic but its good to point out that Air-Ride made it look easy to drive a flying star. It isn't, especially if you attach a thousand thrusters on it to make it move.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So much… pink? It looks purple for me. Anyways, I'm bored so I made a ridable WarpStar on G'Mod. Off topic but its good to point out that Air-Ride made it look easy to drive a flying star. It isn't, especially if you attach a thousand thrusters on it to make it move.
Umm...magenta. I like magenta.:p

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
upload_2015-2-17_9-12-54.png

I removed a couple thrusters. I would have published it if I could see what the button was labeled. Anyways, I can make something if someone wants me to. I would have made a video but I don't have a good software for it.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
With Monster Hunter, the new 3DS, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse coming out in the same month... my budget is quite tight. I don't know that I'll have enough or not to get the new Kirby game right away. Normally as a HUGE Kirby fan I"m hyped for new Kirby games but my hype for this game hasn't been THAT high. Not that I think it's going to be bad or anything. Game looks good from a presentation stand point and solid with it's gameplay. I guess cause I've played Canvas Curse already and Canvas Curse was good but was missing some umph for me. Maybe this game has more of it. It already have several improvements. Such as the fact that collectables aren't just coins that you trade for sound test tunes but for actual collectibles which appeals to the completionist in me. It also changes up the gameplay here and there. It's too bad
several bosses seem like repeats
but that's not THAT big a deal. I don't know how I feel about the final boss either.

Still I'll be getting it at some point for sure as I own most Kirby games in some form or another. Several of them multiple copies. x_x

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
One thing i'm scared of is that if mewtwo really is the only DLC, than this thread and the others will be locked, the community thing for bandana dee fans didn't seem to work out, so I hope there is more dlc, or we can get this moved to the social forums instead.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I dunno,villains on kirby series have a cycle,everyone despises them on the beggining but after a while people start looking for their positives,and them boom,turns into a fan favorite,just looks at sectonia for example,despised because she wasn't a symbol of destruction like dark matter,now has plenty of fans because the symbol of rejuvenation,the new villan it's just matter of time,looks like a hippie to me...
Also a early theory:
Claycia and Eline may be the alternate dimension versions of Drawcia and Paintra,they could not be sisters like the latter counterparts,but the fact they need to work together to make their creations work is just a similar bond.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I dunno,villains on kirby series have a cycle,everyone despises them on the beggining but after a while people start looking for their positives,and them boom,turns into a fan favorite,just looks at sectonia for example,despised because she wasn't a symbol of destruction like dark matter,now has plenty of fans because the symbol of rejuvenation,the new villan it's just matter of time,looks like a hippie to me...
Also a early theory:
Claycia and Eline may be the alternate dimension versions of Drawcia and Paintra,they could not be sisters like the latter counterparts,but the fact they need to work together to make their creations work is just a similar bond.
I loved Sectonia *o* her forms were so beautiful, her awesome laugh, her giant pretty jewel. Her AMAZING themes. Everything, lol. The only final boss I thought was really lame was Dark Nebula of Squeak Squad. Unlike the other bosses people warmed up to, he lacks the menacing feel of bosses like Nightmare and Dark Matter and non of the memorable power of bosses like Marx or Magolor. He looks like amoeba, lol,

However this new last boss is kind of ... I dunno
Claycia is cool but she's fought the SAME exact way that Drawcia is which is too bad. Than the actualy final boss looks like cosmic vomit, lol. The fight in the skies is really cool but his form isn't attractive like Sectonia's or very menacing either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom