• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Y'know, Chandy, I gotta ask: What newcomers would you like besides The Dee? I'm personally big rooting for Ganon, a Rhythm Heaven Character, and if it comes to it, King K. Rool because he's a more interesting choice than Dixie.
Hmmm...

Magolor :awesome: (I like his design, personality and he has potential for an interesting moveset...also more Kirby!).

Bomberman :c (the hero of my childhood, with Kirby and Mario XD).

Captain Toad (the poor guy deserves it).

King K.Rool or Dixie Kong (I want more DK content in this game, but not only characters, I want old DK content in general like music and stages, I'm tired of jungles with crappy music).

Chorus Kids (I know nothing about RH, but their design is cute and also a rhythm moveset would be interesting).

Ridley XD

Shy Guy, Emolga.

But yeah, I would be fine with just Bandana Dee :D

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Y'know, Chandy, I gotta ask: What newcomers would you like besides The Dee? I'm personally big rooting for Ganon, a Rhythm Heaven Character, and if it comes to it, King K. Rool because he's a more interesting choice than Dixie.
From Kirby, there are lots of characters that I'd like to play as. In order of priority (1 higher priority, 5 lower priority), I'd like
1-Adeleine (I think this is obvious)
2-Chef Kawasaki

3-Daroach
4-(the Dee... I support him only after the characters above)
5-Rick (and/or the animal friends - I simply can't see them in smash moveset-wise, but I'd definitely like to play as them)
I would have added Galacta Knight as well, if he wasn't so clonish.

From other series:
1-Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven (I wanted him way before all the chorus kids rumors)
2-Cpt Syrup from Warioland
3-Ganon the blue pig
4-Jill & Drill Dozer

5-Many other characters, such as Lip, Ashley, Vaati, Krystal, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Geno, etc. but I don't care too much.

The bolded ones are the characters for who I care the most.

Chef Kawasaki grown on me recently, especially after his cameos in Rainbow Curse.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Other than BD, I'm rooting for Wolf, Lucas, Inkling, Cpt. Toad ,Wonder Red, and a DK character to be DLC. And every other character people want. Because don't you love it when people are happy.:bluejump:
I would love to see this guy recover.

Anyways, anyone want to play 7 degrees of Bandana Dee or another wanted character being confirmed.
How do you play?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Magolor, Style Savvy Stylist, or a Monster Hunter franchise representative. That's it lol. For the most part I think the game has great cast and the best representatives. I think Style Savvy is a successful new IP though and really different and could have a really amusing and creative fighter. It's a great new SIM title from Nintendo and it's far from shovelware with it's generous content and addictive excessive customizing. Monster Hunter is capcom but considering Capcom is working on the game... a MH rep would be AWESOME as it's one of the BIGGEST capcom franchises right now. MH fever has swept Japan and it's slowly growing here as well. Now we have MH4U coming to the 3DS and a rep would be so amazing. The fighter could really be interesting, switching through a lot of weapon types and gear. I think having more reps for new IPs or other very successful and impactful IP would be more interesting than more side characters. The next characters to join should be more important and have more impact. I can see the Kirby franchise getting a new rep as well. There's good potential with Bandana Dee. I also think Magolor would be a cool fighter.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It changes every time I blink, but for this millisecond what I want is:

Villain Pack
Fawful
Vaati
Medusa
Bandana Dee (He still is loyal to Dedede)
King K. Rool
Porky
Bald Bull (Little Mac Clone with a Bull Charge instead of a KO punch. Stronger and slower. EVEN WORSE air game)
Weavel

And then more villains I'm forgetting.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
The thing I see is that people usually want the most popular and speculates characters (Dixie, Impa, Ridley who will never be playable, etc). People usually don't think about the unexpected, which Sakurai does a lot of.
As for who I want
Lucas and Wolf need to return
Bandana Dee obviously
Captain Toad
Shy Guy (yeah I said Shy Guy)
9-Volt
Young Cricket
Poo
Funky Kong (I don't care much for Dixie)
Anthony Higgs (Smash needs more black people)
Endou Mamoru
and others

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The only other characters that I want is Wonder Red and Doc Louis.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I only care about characters that aren't from a game not a lot of people have played, yet interesting enough for it to be a surprise to people.

I would have to say (besides bandana dee) I would want funky kong, captain toad (i'd love to see this guy recover though), doc louis, some kind of retro character, all the dead clones and characters (except young link unless they change his move set completely), and that's all I can think about really.

and remove dark pit and Lucina.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Anyone watch KSS speedruns? Apparently the game is complex to speed run requiring precise selection with power mixing to get wing or jet and needed to know certain tech or control of the powers. It's really interesting to watch and hear commentary of the game being speed run. The game has been featured in prominent speed run events for charity. I love when people clap when a person gets the right mix, a quick kill, or do a boss skip xD

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Welp, everyone is saying who they want in smash so I'll go ahead and say who I'm supporting as well.

B-Dee (Duh.)
Captain Toad
Maxwell
Lucas ( and Wolf I guess.)
And I guess Rayman?

Dats it. I don't really care about K. Rool, Krystal, Ridley (sorry TehRyuga), or Magolor (sorry Kirby Queen, Chandelure, Reserved and basically everyone else in the thread).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp, everyone is saying who they want in smash so I'll go ahead and say who I'm supporting as well.

B-Dee (Duh.)
Captain Toad
Maxwell
Lucas ( and Wolf I guess.)
And I guess Rayman?

Dats it. I don't really care about K. Rool, Krystal, Ridley (sorry TehRyuga), or Magolor (sorry Kirby Queen, Chandelure, Reserved and basically everyone else in the thread).
I don't care who someone wants, all I care is how they act! As long as no one acts like a **** I'm okay with everything

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
w-wow you dont agree with like 90% of smashboards with the first two and pretty much any kirby support thread regular visitor ever with that last one

what a rebel

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
guys wait

bandana dee has 10 letters

chandelure also has 10 letters

10 - 10 = 0

0 is the amount of bandana dee in smash

smash has 5 letters

10 - 5 = 5

kirby also has 5 letters in it

5 + 5 + 5 = 15

15 divided by 5 is 3

there are 3 sides on a triangle

illuminadee confirmed.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All the character I want are assists...(Poor Dillon and Takamaru.)

But Is really cool to see: RAY III and Sukapon---need more robots IN Smash.

AND the characters I really x 10=need in life.
Are...

Isaac and Bandana Dee. That pretty much of it.

Oh yeah I pre-order Monster Hunter 4 Ult. and FREAKING KIRBY AND THE RAINBOW COURSE! YES YES YES!!!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
LOL. Whatever. Magolor would be a interesting fighter imo but I can understand the reluctance. Bandana Dee lately has had more of the spotlight and has now reached Dedede/Metaknight levels of important side character impact. Now when you see BDee you immediately think of the Kirby franchise's entrance into 4 player action multiplayer (which he's now comes to represent). He's been playable twice now and present in all the recent titles. So I can understand people wanting him instead.

I just think Magolor's reached an interesting level of popularity and would make a cool REAL villain rep. His attacks can incorporate more projectiles, he can have a shield, interesting specials based on the ultra abilities he uses in the game, and produce those dark thorns from the ground, etc. He's indicated by Shinya himself as being alive and well and has returned a few times as of recent. However I can understand that he doesn't have the presence that BDee has for folks. So he's a harder sell. I don't expect him at all LOL.

I can understand what you mean with your disinterest in a lot of these other characters as well. I feel like Smash is about the MOST important characters from each franchise or their respective franchise. As more characters get added, people start to think all these minor side characters should now be added for whatever reason or not. Like I doubt characters like Shy Guy or Chef Kawasaki will ever make the roster. (I'm sorry people that want them). Sakurai is looking for characters with history or from new franchises that mean something and are center to their representative genre or game. Like Pac-man, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, etc. He only lets characters like Dark Pit and Doctor Mario pass by because their characters lend themselves to being easy clones. side characters that have a more unique persona aren't going to make the cut as well because they can't just be an easy cut and paste of another character yet they are not important enough to become a unique fighter. So there are a lot of characters people want that I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't been really supporting too many characters for DLC, so I can't really make a top 5. Shulk, Robin, Little Mac, and Bowser Jr. are already in the game and Mewtwo is DLC.

The characters that I want the most are Bandana Dee, Wolf, and a 3rd Donkey Kong character. Beyond that, there isn't much that I want (except for Bomberman, but that's a dream :sadeyes:).
Bandana Dee is the final member of my Elite Four that isn't in Smash (it was Shulk, Robin, Little Mac, and Bandana Dee, Bowser Jr. was the "eighth gym leader").

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've been gone for quite a while. my appolodees I was off on vacation overdees. (my ability to pun has not improved in this time)
it's great to see people are still here supporting "everyone's idol"
still a huge supporter of Bandana Dee being in Smash. he's at the top of my top five still which currently stands as

1. Bandana Dee (With Banjo/Kazooie as an unlikely even 1st with Bandana Dee)
2. Chibi Robo
3. Wonder Red
4. Ravio
5. Sukapon

I'm hoping to get back into this little group of ours now and chat about Kirby with all of you :) *raises spear*

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I can understand what you mean with your disinterest in a lot of these other characters as well. I feel like Smash is about the MOST important characters from each franchise or their respective franchise. As more characters get added, people start to think all these minor side characters should now be added for whatever reason or not. Like I doubt characters like Shy Guy or Chef Kawasaki will ever make the roster. (I'm sorry people that want them).
Chef Kawasaki minor side character? Side character maybe, but by no way minor. In Rainbow Curse, he, Dedede and Metaknight are the only characters not involved in the story who got a figure (Drawcia also, but she's partially involved), confirming him as one of the most important side characters, if not the most important. In the anime he has a big role as well; the anime is not canon to the games but it still exists in the franchise, and in that production, Chef Kawasaki is important (Nintendo is releasing an app for watching Nintendo-related anime in streaming on 3ds and Kirby is one of those anime - look at Pikachu, he is the main pokèmon only in the anime, in the games Pikachu is simply a random pokèmon). A character doesn't have to be playable in a game in order to be in smash, look at Zelda, now she is playable but when she was intruduced, she had never been playable outside from an obscure CDi game.
About the side characters, Bowser Jr and the Koopalings, and Sheik already are side characters... even Rosalina is a side character, except for her being unlockable as playable in 3D World; and she's in.
Honestly, Magolor feels a lot more like a minor side character than Kawasaki, since almost each new Kirby game has a new final boss and a new set of one shot characters (after KRTD Magolor only made some very minor appearances, mostly in minigames). Dark Matter, Marx and Drawcia are on the same level of him, and all those bosses make lots of cameos as well.
As for being an interesting character, gameplay wise, 90% of Kirby's cast is interesting, due to the creativity of the franchise itself (this is the main reason for why I support other characters over Bandana Dee, because in the Kirby franchise there are so many interesting gimmicks that I'd like to see before having a simple spear fighter; and the main reason for why I support Adeleine, because the paint concept is very recurring in Kirby and I think that she's the most representative character of that type that's not a random boss - the other one would be Drawcia but I simply can't se her in Smash).

Anyway, Sakurai choses characters with marketing and personal tastes in mind; he puts characters from recent games with higher priority; the importance of a character to the series means nothing to him (otherwise Ganon would have been playable over Ganondorf time ago).
EDIT: Also, I think that Sakurai is not alone in the choice of the characters; probably some of the characters are even imposed by Nintendo.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Chef Kawasaki minor side character? Side character maybe, but by no way minor. In Rainbow Curse, he, Dedede and Metaknight are the only characters not involved in the story who got a figure (Drawcia also, but she's partially involved), confirming him as one of the most important side characters, if not the most important. In the anime he has a big role as well; the anime is not canon to the games but it still exists in the franchise, and in that production, Chef Kawasaki is important (Nintendo is releasing an app for watching Nintendo-related anime in streaming on 3ds and Kirby is one of those anime - look at Pikachu, he is the main pokèmon only in the anime, in the games Pikachu is simply a random pokèmon). A character doesn't have to be playable in a game in order to be in smash, look at Zelda, now she is playable but when she was intruduced, she had never been playable outside from an obscure CDi game.
About the side characters, Bowser Jr and the Koopalings, and Sheik already are side characters... even Rosalina is a side character, except for her being unlockable as playable in 3D World; and she's in.
Honestly, Magolor feels a lot more like a minor side character than Kawasaki, since almost each new Kirby game has a new final boss and a new set of one shot characters (after KRTD Magolor only made some very minor appearances, mostly in minigames). Dark Matter, Marx and Drawcia are on the same level of him, and all those bosses make lots of cameos as well.
As for being an interesting character, gameplay wise, 90% of Kirby's cast is interesting, due to the creativity of the franchise itself (this is the main reason for why I support other characters over Bandana Dee, because in the Kirby franchise there are so many interesting gimmicks that I'd like to see before having a simple spear fighter; and the main reason for why I support Adeleine, because the paint concept is very recurring in Kirby and I think that she's the most representative character of that type that's not a random boss - the other one would be Drawcia but I simply can't se her in Smash).

Anyway, Sakurai choses characters with marketing and personal tastes in mind; he puts characters from recent games with higher priority; the importance of a character to the series means nothing to him (otherwise Ganon would have been playable over Ganondorf time ago).
EDIT: Also, I think that Sakurai is not alone in the choice of the characters; probably some of the characters are even imposed by Nintendo.
Lol Chef Kawasaki is an enemy in a few games or cameos... he's very minor. I'm sorry but I don't count the anime at all. It's like someone wanting that kid from the Sonic X cartoons to be in Smash just because he has a big role in the cartoon. I only think game appearances matter. This a game about video game characters with various nods to their games. You don't see anything from the live action Mario movie or Captain N himself... so... I really just don't think cartoons/shows/movies should even be mentioned in this conversation what's so ever. Drawcia has a big role in the game cause
Claycia is her implied to be her sister and the game play is based on Canvas Curse entirely

Interesting gimmicks and movesets don't = important to the overall franchise as far as being extremely iconic. I'm sure there are a lot of side characters in games with GREAT moveset potential but they aren't the main characters/bosses/other so we probably will never see them. We need characters up to Dedede and MK's level to even matter. Rosalina became important because now she's playable in a variety of Mario themed games as of late and the main representative of the the Galaxy games which are the amazing next step in the Mario 3D platformers games. Sheik only exists because Zelda does and they used to be one character. She's Zelda's alter ego and Zelda is important, period. The Koopalings have been bosses repeatedly across a variety of Mario games and are very iconic enough for their slot as a group.

Chef Kawasaki gives you cook ability in KSS... a Shy Guy is a common enemy in Yoshi games or some Mario games... So... I really just don't see how he's remotely comparable.

Also Zelda isn't playable but neither is Bowser or Ganon in the bulk of their games or Dedede Prior to Return to Dreamland but they're in because of their iconic status of their franchise. This isn't about if they're playable or not but how important they are in their respective franchises. Bowser is in because of how important he is. That's my point that it's about status as well.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Lol Chef Kawasaki is an enemy in a few games or cameos... he's very minor. I'm sorry but I don't count the anime at all. It's like someone wanting that kid from the Sonic X cartoons to be in Smash just because he has a big role in the cartoon. I only think game appearances matter. This a game about video game characters with various nods to their games. You don't see anything from the live action Mario movie or Captain N himself... so... I really just don't think cartoons/shows/movies should even be mentioned in this conversation what's so ever. Drawcia has a big role in the game cause
Claycia is her implied to be her sister and the game play is based on Canvas Curse entirely
I don't think Claycia is Drawcia's sister. In Triple Deluxe they said that Paintra and Drawcia were twins and they were both drawings. Claycia is not a drawing, she is a real character, and she was not in the same canvas where the two withces were, by the description in Triple Deluxe. Sure, it's implied that they are related somehow, but I don't think they're sisters.

This said, Chef Kawasaki's influence is a lot bigger than what it seems. If he was so minor, why they should have made a statue of him and put him near Dedede and Metaknight, in a game where nobody else appears outside from the characters involved in the game?

Also, the anime doesn't directly count, but it indirectly counts. I already made the example of Pikachu (and Jigglypuff if you want). They are just generic pokèmons, in the games. They are in Smash because Pikachu is with Ash in the anime, and Jigglypuff is a recurring annoying pokèmon in the anime as well (if Pikachu is the mascotte, Jigglypuff isn't, and it's only purpose in Smash is only related to the anime... and I'm sure that Charizard's purpose is the same as well, Pokèmon Origins). So the anime doesn't count directly, but it can raise the popularity of certain characters that appear in games as well.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
So what are your theories about why Bandana Dee is now Kirby's friend? Is this because Dedede starting to be nicer to Kirby?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think Claycia is Drawcia's sister. In Triple Deluxe they said that Paintra and Drawcia were twins and they were both drawings. Claycia is not a drawing, she is a real character, and she was not in the same canvas where the two withces were, by the description in Triple Deluxe. Sure, it's implied that they are related somehow, but I don't think they're sisters.

This said, Chef Kawasaki's influence is a lot bigger than what it seems. If he was so minor, why they should have made a statue of him and put him near Dedede and Metaknight, in a game where nobody else appears outside from the characters involved in the game?

Also, the anime doesn't directly count, but it indirectly counts. I already made the example of Pikachu (and Jigglypuff if you want). They are just generic pokèmons, in the games. They are in Smash because Pikachu is with Ash in the anime, and Jigglypuff is a recurring annoying pokèmon in the anime as well (if Pikachu is the mascotte, Jigglypuff isn't, and it's only purpose in Smash is only related to the anime... and I'm sure that Charizard's purpose is the same as well, Pokèmon Origins). So the anime doesn't count directly, but it can raise the popularity of certain characters that appear in games as well.
Pokemon is an exception because with over 700 monsters with few given a major defining role in the story outside of a gamer's starter pokemon and with players all having their own unique favorites, popularity in merch effects it. It's about the only exception. Kirby doesn't have that many character that it needs to rely on that. What characters are the most impactful and present are apparent from all it's recent titles.

Continuing to point to a statue in Rainbow Curse isn't good back up to how MAJOR this character is when Bandana Dee is in the same game representing the very 4 player aspect of the title. (with statues to boot. The statues are collectibles and not a MAJOR part of the gameplay.)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Pokemon is an exception because with over 700 monsters with few given a major defining role in the story outside of a gamer's starter pokemon and with players all having their own unique favorites, popularity in merch effects it. It's about the only exception. Kirby doesn't have that many character that it needs to rely on that. What characters are the most impactful and present are apparent from all it's recent titles.

Continuing to point to a statue in Rainbow Curse isn't good back up to how MAJOR this character is when Bandana Dee is in the same game representing the very 4 player aspect of the title. (with statues to boot. The statues are collectibles and not a MAJOR part of the gameplay.)
I know that we are in the Bandana Dee thread, but what's the point of this? You said that Chef Kawasaki is minor, I pointed that he is not minor, and you say that Bandana Dee is more important than him? We were comparing Kawasaki with a shyguy, not with Bandana Dee. Chef Kawasaki is clearly a lot more important than a shyguy, this is what I mean, and he's viable for Smash, unlike the masked "goomba" from Mario Bros 2 USA.
He appears just in minor roles, but he appears in a lot of games and it's always treated as a character, not as a random miniboss or as a "mob". Chef Kawasaki is like THE side character of Kirby, he is a constant presence that defines some aspects of the Kirby franchise in a way. He is iconic. Not as iconic as the main characters, but he is definitely a viable choice.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I know that we are in the Bandana Dee thread, but what's the point of this? You said that Chef Kawasaki is minor, I pointed that he is not minor, and you say that Bandana Dee is more important than him? We were comparing Kawasaki with a shyguy, not with Bandana Dee. Chef Kawasaki is clearly a lot more important than a shyguy, this is what I mean, and he's viable for Smash, unlike the masked "goomba" from Mario Bros 2 USA.
He appears just in minor roles, but he appears in a lot of games and it's always treated as a character, not as a random miniboss or as a "mob". Chef Kawasaki is like THE side character of Kirby, he is a constant presence that defines some aspects of the Kirby franchise in a way. He is iconic. Not as iconic as the main characters, but he is definitely a viable choice.
I don't think he even has that level of impact honestly. Barring the anime here, he's an enemy that gives you cook ability in KSS. Has cameos in collectibles like keychains and statues...

Shy guys at least have had an in game role of an enemy as recent as Yoshi's New Island 3DS and playable in Mario Kart 8 x_x That's even saying much cause I don't personally think a shy guy will be playable.

I mean if people want a shy guy, a sir kibble, or chef kawasaki, who ever... to be playable. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their desire. I just feel these characters have a low chance based on the icon status and how best they reprsent their respective franchise. I mean there's at least that clear criteria.

You can want Chef Kawasaki and that's fine. He's a cute character but I never even thought of him when I considered kirby reps , personally.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
@Kirby_queen I think that we should move somewere else. Talking with you is interesting, but since we won't ever agree with anything and every time it ends into a series of walls of text, probably we should revive that old dreamland group to continue with these discussions, I think, so we won't spam anymore.

So what are your theories about why Bandana Dee is now Kirby's friend? Is this because Dedede starting to be nicer to Kirby?
I think that aside from Kirby's Dreamland 1, King Dedede has never really been a villain anymore. He is just a bit arrogant and hot blooded, but he has always been on Kirby's side when the situation became serious.
Bandana Dee is not really an enemy to Kirby, he has never been. He just a bit more independent than other waddle dees, while at since sometimes he takes some personal decisions over the orders from Dedede; he also built a bigger friendship with Kirby in the recent games.

I think that Bandana Dee at first was a random Waddle Dee, then in Kirby 64 he helped Kirby and Dedede (I think that he's the same Waddle Dee, despite not having the bandana - if a remake was made, I think that it would definitely be replaced with Bandana Dee), and after that adventure, the king deccided to give him a special role in his army.
But this theory contraddicts my former timeline theory, since Bandana Dee appears in some gmes placed before Kirby 64 in that timeline.
Dunno.

(Maybe Revenge of the King is placed after K64 while the other chapters are placed before; Megaton Punch doesn't really count since he isn't related to Dedede in that minigame, and being a minigame, it could even be not canon).

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I will not be able to visit the forums in a week because I'm going to the beach and possibly without internet.

So...yeah XD ... See you!

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I just finished Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and thought maybe the mirror world is the Smash universe. I mean, Master Hand with Crazy Hand are in the game in a place called Candy Constellation. Final Destination is in space. Battlefield looks likes Rainbow Road. Subspace Emissary could be a part of the mirror world; the Maze could be deep inside the Dimensional Mirror. I can think of more if you guys want me to.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I just finished Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and thought maybe the mirror world is the Smash universe. I mean, Master Hand with Crazy Hand are in the game in a place called Candy Constellation. Final Destination is in space. Battlefield looks likes Rainbow Road. Subspace Emissary could be a part of the mirror world; the Maze could be deep inside the Dimensional Mirror. I can think of more if you guys want me to.
So Shadow Kirby and Dark Meta Knight are the ones in Smash? No wonder why Meta Knight was broken in Brawl! :0

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
The only four characters I really wanted in Smash 4 when I first heard it was in development were:
1: Ridley
2: Mewtwo
3: A Magic User from Fire Emblem (It's not just blue-haired swordsmen)
4: Bandana Dee

It has become clear that we almost certainly will not get Ridley this Smash due to his boss appearance and Sakurai's statement regarding why he was not chosen.
We are getting Mewtwo as DLC.
We got a Fire Emblem magic user (Robin).

Bandana Dee is the only one of these four that does not have a major role in Smash 4. He is a character that I have wanted in the game since the Brawl Era, and one that I believe deserves a spot on the roster. Bandana Dee has been growing in importance to the Kirby series for a while now, to the point where I consider him a main character. Not only is he important, but he is unique. His spear has tons of moveset potential (as a javelin, as a helicopter, and as a regular melee weapon). Bandana Dee is also unique for his physics; I imagine that he would have the speed, size, and weight of Kirby, the air mobility of Jigglypuff, and the range of Marth. Also, I believe that if Fire Emblem is capable of having four representatives, Kirby is as well. It would be very disappointing to see the opportunity to make extra money by bringing this very special character to Smash.

TL;DR Waddle Dee is important to his series and is unlike the other characters we have in Smash. If we were to have another non-clone DLC, he would be one of the best choices, if not the best choice.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Master Hero Samurai has mastered the art of many...arts. But not the art of the spear, it is up to the famed Spear Master....Bandana Dee, to teach him!
But seriously, the Kirby series deserves a lot more considering the amount of games, sales, and the fact they actually celebrated it's 20th anniversary(unlike Metroid or DK), all of these makes me think Kirby deserves more respect and is among the leagues of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. It's 4th place in Nintendo franchise importance imo and so I think that should translate into it having at least one more character for Smash.

Adeleine is my most wanted Kirby character, heck even most wanted character in general but I'm behind any other Kirby character too and express my solidarity for their inclusion, from Marx to Acchi. Bandana Dee does seem the most likely however considering all the excellent reasons that have been provided throughout this thread. And he's essentially a loophole to Sakurai's fear of over-representing Kirby since he's a Kirby character yet was not created by Sakurai or during the Sakurai era.
(I'd like to be added as a supporter).

Last edited:
Top Bottom