• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
So Shadow Kirby and Dark Meta Knight are the ones in Smash? No wonder why Meta Knight was broken in Brawl! :0
I forgot about Shadow Kirby. Maybe he was trying to fight Dark MK from helping Tabuu. Dark MK does help prove that Amazing Mirror happens after Melee but before Brawl apart from the year it was made. During Dededetour, you find the Demential Mirror. Within you find a boss who wants revenge. Why would Dark Meta Knight want revenge on King Dedede unless they met before? He can't. So if the Mirror World is the Smash world, Dedede found out about it before Dark Meta Knight was sealed within the Mirror, making him know about him before the events of Amazing Mirror since he was not in the game. This also happens to make sense because he wasn't in the Smash universe in Melee but was in Brawl.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Master Hero Samurai has mastered the art of many...arts. But not the art of the spear, it is up to the famed Spear Master....Bandana Dee, to teach him!
But seriously, the Kirby series deserves a lot more considering the amount of games, sales, and the fact they actually celebrated it's 20th anniversary(unlike Metroid or DK), all of these makes me think Kirby deserves more respect and is among the leagues of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. It's 4th place in Nintendo franchise importance imo and so I think that should translate into it having at least one more character for Smash.

Adeleine is my most wanted Kirby character, heck even most wanted character in general but I'm behind any other Kirby character too and express my solidarity for their inclusion, from Marx to Acchi. Bandana Dee does seem the most likely however considering all the excellent reasons that have been provided throughout this thread. And he's essentially a loophole to Sakurai's fear of over-representing Kirby since he's a Kirby character yet was not created by Sakurai or during the Sakurai era.
(I'd like to be added as a supporter).
I'm not alone XD
if you want I can add you as a supporter in the Adeleine thread as well.

After the addition of Robin AND Lucina, I'd like if Bandana Dee (since it seems the most popular choice nowadays) AND someone else were added in smash. Really, Kirby deserves a lot more focus in Smash (and it's not the only underrepresented franchise, look at Metroid and Donkey Kong, or Warioland).
I know that it already has 3 characters, but unlike other franchises, Kirby has a lot of interesting and recurring characters. In DK you can add Dixie and K Rool, in Metroid you can add Ridley, Dark Samus probably, and other minor characters, like Anthony or Sylux (but they are very minor). In Kirby there are a lot more recurring characters that may be added, including the final bosses (Marx, Magolor, Dark Matter with a sword...). The 3 characters already in Smash simply aren't enough yet.
Even with Bandana Dee in, I think that Kirby would still be underrepresented, I feel like it needs at least 5 characters and some more assist trophies.
Offcourse, I'd prefer Adeleine over everyone else, but a real final boss is needed too, the real final bosses of Kirby aren't represented yet (except for Nightmare's assist trophy, but that's pretty bad to me, it's annoying and looks like Palutena in Pit's old final smash in Brawl).
The animal friends also, they appeared so many times and they deserve something in Smash, at least an assist trophy status, similar to that stage in Kirby Fighters.

(Kirby is similar to Sonic. Sonic is third party, but if it was first party, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles and Amy would have been a must, and maybe Metal Sonic too; so many of them, but they are needed in order to fully represent the Sonic universe; and I'm sure that even with all those character, some people would still complain for the absence of Shadow).

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm not alone XD
if you want I can add you as a supporter in the Adeleine thread as well.

After the addition of Robin AND Lucina, I'd like if Bandana Dee (since it seems the most popular choice nowadays) AND someone else were added in smash. Really, Kirby deserves a lot more focus in Smash (and it's not the only underrepresented franchise, look at Metroid and Donkey Kong, or Warioland).
I know that it already has 3 characters, but unlike other franchises, Kirby has a lot of interesting and recurring characters. In DK you can add Dixie and K Rool, in Metroid you can add Ridley, Dark Samus probably, and other minor characters, like Anthony or Sylux (but they are very minor). In Kirby there are a lot more recurring characters that may be added, including the final bosses (Marx, Magolor, Dark Matter with a sword...). The 3 characters already in Smash simply aren't enough yet.
Even with Bandana Dee in, I think that Kirby would still be underrepresented, I feel like it needs at least 5 characters and some more assist trophies.
Offcourse, I'd prefer Adeleine over everyone else, but a real final boss is needed too, the real final bosses of Kirby aren't represented yet (except for Nightmare's assist trophy, but that's pretty bad to me, it's annoying and looks like Palutena in Pit's old final smash in Brawl).
The animal friends also, they appeared so many times and they deserve something in Smash, at least an assist trophy status, similar to that stage in Kirby Fighters.

(Kirby is similar to Sonic. Sonic is third party, but if it was first party, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles and Amy would have been a must, and maybe Metal Sonic too; so many of them, but they are needed in order to fully represent the Sonic universe; and I'm sure that even with all those character, some people would still complain for the absence of Shadow).
Sure, add me as an Adeleine supporter. As a lurker who's noticed your Adeleine support I've also commonly felt the same as you are right now :p

Besides Bandana Dee as the 4th Kirby rep though, I think other ignored franchises deserve to have more representation before Kirby does.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think Bandana Dee is definitely a shoe-in at least for the next smash bros if a Kirby rep is added. He was important before Rainbow Curse but still had his dissenters. Now that he's revealed to be a big part of Rainbow Curse, it's getting harder to argue against him. I think he's such a cute character. I loved his role in Revenge of the King. Always supportive and loyal. Being a Waddle Dee himself, he's also a creature that has existed since the first Kirby game, created in 1992. Waddle Dee are very iconic to the franchise. He's using a weapon with a unique range. It'll be interesting to see a new weapon versus another character with plenty or projectiles which have been popular with a lot of new comers this gen. (Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Megaman, Robin, and Pac-man)

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I think Bandana Dee is definitely a shoe-in at least for the next smash bros if a Kirby rep is added. He was important before Rainbow Curse but still had his dissenters. Now that he's revealed to be a big part of Rainbow Curse, it's getting harder to argue against him. I think he's such a cute character. I loved his role in Revenge of the King. Always supportive and loyal. Being a Waddle Dee himself, he's also a creature that has existed since the first Kirby game, created in 1992. Waddle Dee are very iconic to the franchise. He's using a weapon with a unique range. It'll be interesting to see a new weapon versus another character with plenty or projectiles which have been popular with a lot of new comers this gen. (Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Megaman, Robin, and Pac-man)
What if Nintendo calls him Waddle Dee again? :p

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
I sat bandana dee should be in SSB4!! My list of charecters I want playable please: (Not in order of want most to least)
1: Bandana Dee
2: Shadow
3: Waluigi
4:princess Daisy
5: Geno
6: Steve (Minecraft)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I've noticed the perennial pattern in Smash's character choices. More often than not, a series starts off with its main character, followed by the sidekick / deuteragonist and villain / antagonist. This isn't a hard and fast rule, of course, just an interesting motif that seems to be recurrent in the roster. Beyond that, the character choices seem to focus on other main characters that may not be as innately important as the former or have only recently come into their own as main characters.

:4mario:, :4luigi: / :4peach:, :4bowser:, :rosalina:
:4pikachu:, :4jigglypuff: / :4charizard:, :mewtwomelee:, :4lucario: / :4greninja:
:4pit:, :4palutena:, :4darkpit:
:4kirby:, :4metaknight:, :4dedede:

etc.

Kirby's nicely filled in its hero / sidekick / villain prerequisites, which means the next potential character would most likely be a recurring character that's essential the series, yet has only recently been deemed a major presence in the main cast. That sums up Bandana Dee pretty nicely.

So yeah, in a nutshell, Bandana Dee seems like the most likely candidate, if not the only candidate, for a future Kirby character. And I'm okay with that.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I have been working on two things, Amazing Mirror theory and a revised version of my Bandana Dee moveset. I am only posting my moveset because I don't know how to put two spoilers (or any) to shorten it. This is my first moveset with damage percents so some may not be good.

</spoiler>
Bandana Dee Moveset

---Note---
Bandana Dee's Spear attacks are stronger and have higher Knockback at the tip of the spear

Jumps: 4
Weight: Same as Kirby
Fall Speed: Same as Pikachu's
Height: Same as Kirby
Dashing Speed: Slightly Faster than Kirby
Walking Speed: Lucario's

Attack

Neutral Attack: Multi- Spear Jab 1-2% per hit. Hits up to 16% at Tip, 11% with stick

Dash Attack: Waddle Trip, like Dedede's. 10% at Stomach

Forward Tilt: Bandana Dee does a mini punch. 2% per hit, infinite until it hits opponent 6 times.

Up Tilt: Waddle Dee jabs his spear up. 15% Sweetspot 5% Sourspot; Sourspot has no knockback

Down Tilt: Bandana Dee trips the opponent with his spear swipe below their feet. No knockback, trips opponents, 7% sweetspot, 2% sourspot.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Bandana Dee take a step in the direction and jab with his spear, great Knockback at the tip 12-24% damage

Up Smash: Upward Spear Thrust, exactly the same as Marth's in Brawl
10-17% damage

Down Smash: Bandana Dee spins in a circle with his spear out, Same as Pikachu's down smash without electrocution, bigger range, and the Spear mechanic. 1-2% damage 13% stick, 20% spear

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: Bandana Dee gets a Parasol from the spear and floats to the Ground, no helpless State

Forward Aerial: Front Kick 5%
Back Aerial: Back Kick 8%
Up Aerial: Upward Spear Slash 6% stick, 11% spear High Knockback
Down Aerial: Downward Spear Slash 6% stick, 11% spear. Meteor Smash

Grab Attacks:
F-Throw: Bandana Dee throw the opponent forward. 5-6%
D-Throw: Bandana Dee slams the opponent into the ground. 7-8%
B-Throw: Bandana Dee throws the opponent backwards and throws his spear at them. 5% Throw, +11% if spear hits

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special:
1: Waddle Jump (Won't be put in Helpless State, does damage and little knockback) 5% damage

2: Super Waddle Jump (Puts in helpless state, start up lag, Some damage and decent knockback) 3% damage

3: Strong Waddle Jump (Puts in a helpless state, decent height, Great Knockback and good damage, Big start-up lag, only can use on ground)
9% damage

Up Special:
1: Spear Copter (Puts in Helpless State) 1-2% per hit, max damage 19% damage

2: Parasol Jump (Like Peach's Move) 1% per hit, max damage 8%

3: Roped Spear (Works Like a Tether Recovery except does not have to be on an edge, doesn't put on helpless state unless you miss of hit a player with it) at stick 6%, 11% at spear

Down Special:
1: Megaton Punch (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground, can be charged) 5-17% damage

2: Parasol Twirl (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground, can bounce off of foes) 1% per bounce

3: Moon Drop (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground) 1-3% damage, max damage at stick 8%, max damage at spear is 24%.

Side Special:
1: Spear Throw (If used in air Spear Barrage) 5% at stick, 8% and spear.

2: Parasol Drill (Multi hit attack) 1-2% damage, max damage 9%

3: Triple Spear (Needs Charging) 6% at stick, 9% and spear

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I have been working on two things, Amazing Mirror theory and a revised version of my Bandana Dee moveset. I am only posting my moveset because I don't know how to put two spoilers (or any) to shorten it. This is my first moveset with damage percents so some may not be good.

</spoiler>
Bandana Dee Moveset

---Note---
Bandana Dee's Spear attacks are stronger and have higher Knockback at the tip of the spear

Jumps: 4
Weight: Same as Kirby
Fall Speed: Same as Pikachu's
Height: Same as Kirby
Dashing Speed: Slightly Faster than Kirby
Walking Speed: Lucario's

Attack

Neutral Attack: Multi- Spear Jab 1-2% per hit. Hits up to 16% at Tip, 11% with stick

Dash Attack: Waddle Trip, like Dedede's. 10% at Stomach

Forward Tilt: Bandana Dee does a mini punch. 2% per hit, infinite until it hits opponent 6 times.

Up Tilt: Waddle Dee jabs his spear up. 15% Sweetspot 5% Sourspot; Sourspot has no knockback

Down Tilt: Bandana Dee trips the opponent with his spear swipe below their feet. No knockback, trips opponents, 7% sweetspot, 2% sourspot.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Bandana Dee take a step in the direction and jab with his spear, great Knockback at the tip 12-24% damage

Up Smash: Upward Spear Thrust, exactly the same as Marth's in Brawl
10-17% damage

Down Smash: Bandana Dee spins in a circle with his spear out, Same as Pikachu's down smash without electrocution, bigger range, and the Spear mechanic. 1-2% damage 13% stick, 20% spear

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: Bandana Dee gets a Parasol from the spear and floats to the Ground, no helpless State

Forward Aerial: Front Kick 5%
Back Aerial: Back Kick 8%
Up Aerial: Upward Spear Slash 6% stick, 11% spear High Knockback
Down Aerial: Downward Spear Slash 6% stick, 11% spear. Meteor Smash

Grab Attacks:
F-Throw: Bandana Dee throw the opponent forward. 5-6%
D-Throw: Bandana Dee slams the opponent into the ground. 7-8%
B-Throw: Bandana Dee throws the opponent backwards and throws his spear at them. 5% Throw, +11% if spear hits

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special:
1: Waddle Jump (Won't be put in Helpless State, does damage and little knockback) 5% damage

2: Super Waddle Jump (Puts in helpless state, start up lag, Some damage and decent knockback) 3% damage

3: Strong Waddle Jump (Puts in a helpless state, decent height, Great Knockback and good damage, Big start-up lag, only can use on ground)
9% damage

Up Special:
1: Spear Copter (Puts in Helpless State) 1-2% per hit, max damage 19% damage

2: Parasol Jump (Like Peach's Move) 1% per hit, max damage 8%

3: Roped Spear (Works Like a Tether Recovery except does not have to be on an edge, doesn't put on helpless state unless you miss of hit a player with it) at stick 6%, 11% at spear

Down Special:
1: Megaton Punch (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground, can be charged) 5-17% damage

2: Parasol Twirl (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground, can bounce off of foes) 1% per bounce

3: Moon Drop (If used in the air, Bandana Dee heads to the ground) 1-3% damage, max damage at stick 8%, max damage at spear is 24%.

Side Special:
1: Spear Throw (If used in air Spear Barrage) 5% at stick, 8% and spear.

2: Parasol Drill (Multi hit attack) 1-2% damage, max damage 9%

3: Triple Spear (Needs Charging) 6% at stick, 9% and spear
Very nice moveset!

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
These amiibo are so hard to find it's becoming annoying.

(i'm pretty sure amiibos isn't the plural)

can anyone find dedede or meta knight under $20?
I can't even find Dedede or Meta Knight anywhere. Everything I find of those two are sold out.

I'm lucky I pre-ordered my Shulk amiibo earlier considering it sold out in a half hour after that.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I ordered King Dedede a head of time from a Walmart. However I had to order Metaknight from Japan. x_x I am paying 30 bucks for him but considering how much people are charging for the western version... well...

I already own two Kirby so no problem there.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I ordered King Dedede a head of time from a Walmart. However I had to order Metaknight from Japan. x_x I am paying 30 bucks for him but considering how much people are charging for the western version... well...

I already own two Kirby so no problem there.
I think im in the same boat too...

I pre order my King Dedede in Gamestop.

But Meta Knight... I think Im gonna spend 30$ For him, literally. I not going to find him AND im going to cry in a corner....

I pre-order the new Kirby game because, IS Kirby. Im going to play Monster Hunter for a while so I think I will go.

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
Regarding amiibo, is it just me or is it a flawed business model? I went to a Target to get a Kirby amiibo, but the only ones they had were the Mario characters (excluding Rosalina), Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Pikachu. After a while, people will not want to buy more of these characters, yet they are kept in plentiful stock, while people want more of the Wave 2 and 3 amiibo, which are nowhere to be seen. This is similar to the problem with the Gamecube Adapter, which sold out quickly but was never restocked. Does anyone else agree that odd decisions seem to follow Smash 4?

Anyway, back to Bandana Dee. If he got chosen as a fighter, I would imagine him with the following moveset, which not only uses the unique aspects of Bandana Dee, but also references the original Waddle Dees (please excuse the lack of damage percentages and the use of Gamecube Controller Buttons):

A-Short spear jab forwards.
AA- Another jab
AAA- Rapid jabs up and down
AAA Finisher- Powerful spear thrust forwards

Up Tilt- Quick spear thrust upwards (combos into itself at low percentages)
Side Tilt- Quick spear thrust sideways (can be angled up or down)
Down Tilt- Quick spear thrust close to the ground that trips opponents

Up Smash- Spins a parasol above its head, hitting opponents multiple times, like Mewtwo's up smash (since Waddle Dees often carry parasols in the game)
Side Smash- Thrusts his spear to his side (can be angled up or down); similar to Side Tilt, but with much more power and a longer reach
Down Smash- Thrusts his spear forwards while kicking behind him (similar to the Wii Fit Trainer's Down Smash); this would have better reach, do more damage, and have more knockback in front of him.

Neutral Aerial- Spins around, causing his spear to do damage in a ring around him horizontally
Forward Aerial- Slashes spear in a wide arc in front of himself
Back Aerial- Kicks behind himself, turns around, and thrusts his spear for a second hit.
Down Aerial- Drills his spear downwards, being a meteor smash on the last hit if all others connect.
Up Aerial- Drills his spear upwards, similarly to Sheik's Up Aerial.

Dash Attack- Jumps a slight distance, making himself a horizontal projectile travelling diagonally downwards (this is also in reference to the original Waddle Dees)

Floor Attack- Frantically thrusts his spear in various directions (first-the direction he faces; second- behind himself; third- up; fourth- diagonally upwards in the direction he faces; fifth- diagonally upwards behind him); none of these thrusts are particularly strong.

Ledge Attack- Flips onto the platform, kicking opponents as he flips.

Grab- Moderately low range
Pummel- Punches the enemy
Down Throw- Drills with his spear
Up Throw- Uses a parasol to drill upwards
Forward Throw- Throws his opponent in front of him and thrusts his spear at them.
Back Throw- Spins around and tosses his opponent into the ground.

B- King's Orders- Bandana Dee switches between three options: Attack, Retreat, and Defend. In Attack mode, Bandana Dee does more damage, but takes more knockback. In Retreat mode, he would be faster, but deal less damage. In Defend mode he would take less knockback and damage, but would move more slowly and do less damage. This would work similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts, but would last longer (as a result of only three being available). The title is a reference to Bandana Dee's loyalty to King Dedede, and the moves imply different commands that the King might give his loyal subject.
Up B- Helicopter- Uses his spear as a helicopter
Side B- Javelin Toss- Throws his spear as a javelin (can be angled like Yoshi's Egg Toss)
Down B- Reinforcement- Bandana Dee summons either a Waddle Dee or a Waddle Doo to fight with him. The former would walk around and jump at opponents, while the latter would use its beam attack on opponents. Both would be able to be thrown (similarly to those created by King Dedede in Brawl).

Final Smash- Megaton Punch- Bandana Dee returns to the game in which he first appeared in this attack. Any enemies within a fairly short distance (about four character lengths) of Bandana Dee would be pulled into the original minigame as spectators and watch helplessly. The attack itself would consist of Bandana Dee punching the ground, creating a shockwave that moves in a circle around him and releasing the opponents from the minigame. The damage and knockback of this move would be determined by playing Megaton Punch during the match, as previously described, requiring Bandana Dee to press B when: 1- An oscillating meter is at its peak; 2- Two crosshairs align; 3- A pendulum lines up with a green circle. The more perfectly these tasks are completed, the more damage and knockback.

Any thoughts on this moveset? Is it reasonable and original, or completely uninspired?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Regarding amiibo, is it just me or is it a flawed business model? I went to a Target to get a Kirby amiibo, but the only ones they had were the Mario characters (excluding Rosalina), Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Pikachu. After a while, people will not want to buy more of these characters, yet they are kept in plentiful stock, while people want more of the Wave 2 and 3 amiibo, which are nowhere to be seen. This is similar to the problem with the Gamecube Adapter, which sold out quickly but was never restocked. Does anyone else agree that odd decisions seem to follow Smash 4?

Anyway, back to Bandana Dee. If he got chosen as a fighter, I would imagine him with the following moveset, which not only uses the unique aspects of Bandana Dee, but also references the original Waddle Dees (please excuse the lack of damage percentages and the use of Gamecube Controller Buttons):

AA- Another jab

Up Smash- Spins a parasol above its head, hitting opponents multiple times, like Mewtwo's up smash (since Waddle Dees often carry parasols in the game)
Side Smash- Thrusts his spear to his side (can be angled up or down); similar to Side Tilt, but with much more power and a longer reach
Down Smash- Thrusts his spear forwards while kicking behind him (similar to the Wii Fit Trainer's Down Smash); this would have better reach, do more damage, and have more knockback in front of him.

Neutral Aerial- Spins around, causing his spear to do damage in a ring around him horizontally
Back Aerial- Kicks behind himself, turns around, and thrusts his spear for a second hit.
Down Aerial- Drills his spear downwards, being a meteor smash on the last hit if all others connect.

Dash Attack- Jumps a slight distance, making himself a horizontal projectile travelling diagonally downwards (this is also in reference to the original Waddle Dees)

Floor Attack- Frantically thrusts his spear in various directions (first-the direction he faces; second- behind himself; third- up; fourth- diagonally upwards in the direction he faces; fifth- diagonally upwards behind him); none of these thrusts are particularly strong.

Forward Throw- Throws his opponent in front of him and thrusts his spear at them.

B- King's Orders- Bandana Dee switches between three options: Attack, Retreat, and Defend. In Attack mode, Bandana Dee does more damage, but takes more knockback. In Retreat mode, he would be faster, but deal less damage. In Defend mode he would take less knockback and damage, but would move more slowly and do less damage. This would work similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts, but would last longer (as a result of only three being available). The title is a reference to Bandana Dee's loyalty to King Dedede, and the moves imply different commands that the King might give his loyal subject.
Side B- Javelin Toss- Throws his spear as a javelin (can be angled like Yoshi's Egg Toss)
Down B- Reinforcement- Bandana Dee summons either a Waddle Dee or a Waddle Doo to fight with him. The former would walk around and jump at opponents, while the latter would use its beam attack on opponents. Both would be able to be thrown (similarly to those created by King Dedede in Brawl).

Final Smash- Megaton Punch- Bandana Dee returns to the game in which he first appeared in this attack. Any enemies within a fairly short distance (about four character lengths) of Bandana Dee would be pulled into the original minigame as spectators and watch helplessly. The attack itself would consist of Bandana Dee punching the ground, creating a shockwave that moves in a circle around him and releasing the opponents from the minigame. The damage and knockback of this move would be determined by playing Megaton Punch during the match, as previously described, requiring Bandana Dee to press B when: 1- An oscillating meter is at its peak; 2- Two crosshairs align; 3- A pendulum lines up with a green circle. The more perfectly these tasks are completed, the more damage and knockback.

Any thoughts on this moveset? Is it reasonable and original, or completely uninspired?
King's Orders alone helps for originality

D

Deleted member

So...
Uhh... Rayman was potentially leaked.
Do you think this helps or hurts Bandana DeeLC if it's real?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So...
There looks like there isn't anymore room for DLC characters on the Wii U. I think Rayman and MewTwo are going to be the only DLC characters we get.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Since the leak also includes a shop icon, I think that there will be more characters. I think that Kirby is getting at least 1 newcomer, and any other franchise that had no newcomers in the game has chances of getting someone else. I'd say, except Mother... (because like F-Zero it's a bit obscure... F-Zero is obscure today -.- ) but who knows.
The shop icon would be useless for just 2 characters.

Kirby has high chances of getting a new characters, but I'm not sure if those chances are all for Bandana Dee. There are many possibilities. Mewtwo and Rayman already have a trophy in Smash, so I assume that other newcomers have a trophy as well. If that's the case, probably the chances of getting Magolor or Galacta Knight are very high (I think that Galacta's chances are higher for various reasons, one of which is the existence of Dark Pit). If they take the popularity route, yes Bandana Dee is the one with most chances. If Sakurai goes with his bias, it will be Chef Kawasaki's moment (I actually wouldn't mind, I like the character) (he also already have a final smash ready for him, Kirby's old final smash... Dedede's old one could be Bandana Dee's final smash as well so... maybe BDee and Kawasaki are 2 Kirby Newcomers?), or Marx?.
There is another possibility though, and it's the one that I want to be real the most. I speculated that a Kirby 64 remake is possible soon (I did some analysis in recent games and there are vague hints, but it's not for sure - or Kirby's dreamland 3 but it's a lot less likely). If that's the case, both Bandana Dee and Adeleine have big chances of being DLC (because the Dee in K64 will be replaced with BDee, I'm 99% sure).
All the characters that I mentioned above have high chances of being in as DLC, it depends on the circumstances.
Also Kirby's animal friends are appearing more and more often, so maybe, if the DLC includes stages and assists as well, an assist trophy of them is very likely.
There is also the possibility that all the DLC characters in the shop are Brawl scrapped characters (+ maybe Roy), and in that case I'm sorry but no Kirby newcomers -.- (I hope it's not this case)
And the possibility that the shop characters are the disappeared assist trophies from Brawl... (so Isaac, Jill and Ray, I can't remember if I miss someone else... Barbara the Bat?). This is another "no Kirby characters" situation :( but I'd be happy for Jill!

There are many possibilities, let's just see.

One thing is for sure: Rhythm Heaven has very high chances of finally getting someone playable :), but this is a different thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...
It definitely helps since it confirms more DLC besides Mewtwo, especially since this image was also leaked:

You can see a shop icon with the Eshop bag on it has been added to the bottom, which means you can purchase DLC. I highly doubt that Rayman would be the only purchasable DLC character (if he was I would suspect a news caption thing saying DLC is available for purchase), so it would appear more DLC will be added in the form of stages/characters, assuming that the leak is true (probably is since it has a video, which is extremely hard to fake). Although it doesn't confirm Bandana Dee, it certainly gives us a plausible chance since more DLC is on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
I'd say that this is the best news yet for Bandana DeeLC. The shop button means that there will be an actual DLC shop for this game, likely meaning that DLC characters and/or stages will be released on a fairly regular basis. The most popular characters that didn't make it into the base game will be added as DLC so that many people will buy them. This means that characters that are relatively important and well known, but not extremely difficult to make, will have a good chance of being added, hopefully including characters with original movesets and properties, like Bandana Dee, original veterans that were cut from the game, like the Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, semi-clones, like Lucas and Wolf, and the clones that were cut from Melee (Young Link, Roy, and even Pichu).

It's already been shown with amiibo that Nintendo is trying to get more money from this game, and DLC is one of the best ways to do that. Think about this: The games cost $40 and $60. Amiibo cost $13 each. It is likely that each DLC character with an original moveset would cost about $5. Clones and semi-clones would likely cost about $3. DLC stages would likely cost about $3 as well. Assume that the following characters are DLC: Mewtwo (original), Rayman (original) Bandana Dee (original), Ice Climbers (original), Snake (original), Squirtle (original), Ivysaur (original), Lucas (semi-clone), Wolf (semi-clone), Roy (clone), Young Link (clone), and Pichu (clone). That makes 7 characters with original movesets and 5 characters that are clones or semi-clones. Assume that five DLC stages are released, including Miiverse (it is difficult to determine what other stages there would be, although a Rayman stage, Metal Gear stage, and Ice Climbers stage would be included if Rayman, Snake, and Ice Climbers were to be DLC).

If one was to purchase all of the DLC characters (I would) and stages (I most likely would), assuming the characters and stages listed here, it would cost him/her $65, which is more than either one of the games. If one buys three amiibo (I assume that this is the average number that people would buy, especially since only select characters can easily be found), it would cost him/her an additional $39, which would bring the price of extra content of this game up to $104, more than both versions of Smash 4 combined. Nintendo would actually make more money from the extra content of this game (assuming a fair amount of it is bought) than from another installment in the Smash series (before DLC and extra content). Before the next game, more characters would be introduced and become popular in established Nintendo series and new ones, meaning there would not be a big problem with making the roster for the next Smash game. Therefore, Nintendo has everything to gain from this, and little, if nothing, to lose.

TL;DR Rayman gives us more hope (certainty) than ever that Bandana Dee can be added as DLC, as a shop icon is useless without a legitimate shop. Once this shop is set up, more DLC will be added in order to maintain the usefulness of the shop. DLC makes great sense from a business standpoint, as it makes people pay a fair amount of money to get extra content that Nintendo knows that people want, allowing them to profit greatly from it. The more DLC there is, the better the chance that that DLC will be DeeLC.

[/End of lengthy paragraph format post/]

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd say that this is the best news yet for Bandana DeeLC. The shop button means that there will be an actual DLC shop for this game, likely meaning that DLC characters and/or stages will be released on a fairly regular basis. The most popular characters that didn't make it into the base game will be added as DLC so that many people will buy them. This means that characters that are relatively important and well known, but not extremely difficult to make, will have a good chance of being added, hopefully including characters with original movesets and properties, like Bandana Dee, original veterans that were cut from the game, like the Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, semi-clones, like Lucas and Wolf, and the clones that were cut from Melee (Young Link, Roy, and even Pichu).

It's already been shown with amiibo that Nintendo is trying to get more money from this game, and DLC is one of the best ways to do that. Think about this: The games cost $40 and $60. Amiibo cost $13 each. It is likely that each DLC character with an original moveset would cost about $5. Clones and semi-clones would likely cost about $3. DLC stages would likely cost about $3 as well. Assume that the following characters are DLC: Mewtwo (original), Rayman (original) Bandana Dee (original), Ice Climbers (original), Snake (original), Squirtle (original), Ivysaur (original), Lucas (semi-clone), Wolf (semi-clone), Roy (clone), Young Link (clone), and Pichu (clone). That makes 7 characters with original movesets and 5 characters that are clones or semi-clones. Assume that five DLC stages are released, including Miiverse (it is difficult to determine what other stages there would be, although a Rayman stage, Metal Gear stage, and Ice Climbers stage would be included if Rayman, Snake, and Ice Climbers were to be DLC).

If one was to purchase all of the DLC characters (I would) and stages (I most likely would), assuming the characters and stages listed here, it would cost him/her $65, which is more than either one of the games. If one buys three amiibo (I assume that this is the average number that people would buy, especially since only select characters can easily be found), it would cost him/her an additional $39, which would bring the price of extra content of this game up to $104, more than both versions of Smash 4 combined. Nintendo would actually make more money from the extra content of this game (assuming a fair amount of it is bought) than from another installment in the Smash series (before DLC and extra content). Before the next game, more characters would be introduced and become popular in established Nintendo series and new ones, meaning there would not be a big problem with making the roster for the next Smash game. Therefore, Nintendo has everything to gain from this, and little, if nothing, to lose.

TL;DR Rayman gives us more hope (certainty) than ever that Bandana Dee can be added as DLC, as a shop icon is useless without a legitimate shop. Once this shop is set up, more DLC will be added in order to maintain the usefulness of the shop. DLC makes great sense from a business standpoint, as it makes people pay a fair amount of money to get extra content that Nintendo knows that people want, allowing them to profit greatly from it. The more DLC there is, the better the chance that that DLC will be DeeLC.

[/End of lengthy paragraph format post/]
I hope your theory is right. I wouldn't buy every characters, only the ones I like the most, but I'd definitely buy some characters if they are some of my favorites. This would be great.
This way there wouldn't be a limit on how many characters they would release.
The sad part is that characters that are already present as assist trophies wouldn't be playable, almost for sure.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Comparison with the mewtwo render with the50-fact mewtwo

It matches to me

Oh and theres a 3DS roster leak if real theres room for 2 more so 2 more could fit

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
WOAH. This is an interesting leak. I don't know that I'm still hopeful that there will be more characters besides mew-two. I'm still waiting for the Nintendo confirmation that states more characters for possible download. If new fighters are actually planned than I'm hype. I can see the high possibility that the characters for purchase will most likely be existing cut characters that already have data, honestly. Still if we're getting new unique reps... that would be awesome. I see Bandana Dee being highly possible if Kirby get's a new rep. If Kirby get's a rep, I'd have little doubt.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Remember guys, even if this Rayman leak turns out to be fake(gotta keep an open mind), there's still a chance and hope that there's more DLC beyond Mewtwo and that Bandana Dee will be one of them.
Just sayin'.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

AA- Another jab

This moveset...needs to happen. Also, how would Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo work? So does this mean they are basically Bandana Waddle Dee's "Wild Gunmen"? Oh, and BTW..........WE (JUST MIGHT BE) GETTIN' EVEN MORE DLC Y'ALL!!!:bluejump::bluejump::bluejump: THE HYPE.....IS...REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful: Bandana Dee is not far away, everyone! It could finally happen! One of the most heroic and loyal (and not to mention one of the cutest:love:) Nintendo heroes could finally fight alongside his friends in Smash!....and maybe even fight FOR his friends!.......and I don't just mean Ike:4myfriends:.....:smirk:

BTW, let me also just say for the record, I am (possibly) happy for all you Rayman supporters! I personally thought that with someone as left field as Rayman getting a trophy in Smash 4, I personally thought that something more was in store for him.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Keep this in mind now as the leak has been confirmed fake.
LOL so much for that. Oh well. I had my doubts. With so many "leaks" happening since Smsh's announcement until it's release and even now.... it's hard to take them all so seriously. I'm kind of fed up with the teases. I've long since felt I needed the official "ok" from Nintendo themselves. Anything else is untrustworthy,

People underestimate how talented people are at graphics an manipulations as well. There are people with basic free paint programs and drawing tablets that do amazing and convincing stuff. People with better resources can do even more. Just because people can't find the model on the internet somewhere doesn't mean that someone with great talent couldn't just have made it from scratch. It's pretty unreliable to assume if the image isn't found that it's real, either. Though I suppose the chances are a bit higher.

Anyway whatever. Here's hoping but not convinced of more DLC.

Well, back to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on my New 3DS :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
LOL so much for that. Oh well. I had my doubts. With so many "leaks" happening since Smsh's announcement until it's release and even now.... it's hard to take them all so seriously. I'm kind of fed up with the teases. I've long since felt I needed the official "ok" from Nintendo themselves. Anything else is untrustworthy,

People underestimate how talented people are at graphics an manipulations as well. There are people with basic free paint programs and drawing tablets that do amazing and convincing stuff. People with better resources can do even more. Just because people can't find the model on the internet somewhere doesn't mean that someone with great talent couldn't just have made it from scratch. It's pretty unreliable to assume if the image isn't found that it's real, either. Though I suppose the chances are a bit higher.

Anyway whatever. Here's hoping but convinced of more DLC.

Well, back to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on my New 3DS :p
Hang on, we have Metroid stuff in MH4 (funny enough the Samus thing was fighting a dragon in the video) DEELC FOR MH4

Top Bottom