• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe that's why there isn't a Waddle Dee trophy in Smash 4 because Bandana Dee will be called Waddle Dee.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Has anyone seen the videos for the rest of the secret diary yet?

Just look at Dedede and Meta Knight.:joyful:

Strofirko

Smash Master
And I could beat the game,without noticing the fact clay whispy woods don't drop apples....

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Has anyone seen the videos for the rest of the secret diary yet?

Just look at Dedede and Meta Knight.:joyful:
DLC costumes! :awesome:

Also...

Other interesting things about the diary:

-That giant squid has Meta Knight's Galaxia Sword.

-Bandana Dee likes hot drinks.

Interesting things about the figurines:

-Bandana Dee's name is Red Waddle Dee with 4 players and his friends are Green and Yellow WD.
They are probably real like Keeby, not magic clones or something, but Bandana Dee is obviously the most important.

-The word Bandana has two "N" in the game, so ... Bandanna Dee?

-The descriptions are funny.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here is the video:

An epic version of it:

And the videos with the Rainbow Curse diary and figurines, if you want to see them:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
RAINBOW CURSE IS OUT

WHY IS THIS PLACE NOT SUPER ACTIVE

ALSO I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH I PROMISE I'LL STAAAAY

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
RAINBOW CURSE IS OUT

I'm heeeeeere! Don't get your bandana in a bunch!

I'm planning to get the game soon, possibly today so HYPE! :colorful:

And did anyone see the new commercial for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
RAINBOW CURSE IS OUT

Bought it but I'm not playing it. So I have nothing to share xD

Also some people are being harsh against the gamespot review. I always stated that this sort of game play is either love it or hate it. I suppose the disempowering feeling of less control and the awkward fumbling of having to predict the trajectory of a ball Kirby, ain't for everyone's taste. It's very out there from the usual Kirby game so yeah. I sort of saw the game review from gamespot and wasn't really bothered by it much honestly. Most of the reviews are positive and detail the gameplay change so folks should know what's up by now if they're thinking of buying the game.

Personally I'm more interested in playing more Monster Hunter than I am in playing more Canvas Curse atm so I'm going to wait awhile to play the game tbh. I did purchase it anyway as I have to own all Kirby games. I'm definitely in the boat of people more hyped to play a power wielding Kirby game again.

It's too bad they couldn't try and incorporate using powers in this game like they did Canvas Curse, tbh.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I can't believe you aren't playing it. YOU'RE PLAYING MONSTER HUNTER INSTEAD OF KIRBY?

I'm gonna go cry now. KIRBYQUEEN IS NOW MONSTERHUNTERQUEEN

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yes. Absolutely. Definitely. Indubitably. Must happen. Bandanna Dee is my most wanted newcomer besides Rundas. Has Bandanna Dee ever done Rising Break and Smash Punch? Those would go great in his moveset. Imagine a Rising Break up smash... This must happen.
And can I speak to whoever came up these puns? DeeLC? I don't even...

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yes. Absolutely. Definitely. Indubitably. Must happen. Bandanna Dee is my most wanted newcomer besides Rundas. Has Bandanna Dee ever done Rising Break and Smash Punch? Those would go great in his moveset. Imagine a Rising Break up smash... This must happen.
Welcome to Dees thread and thanks for your support.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
WELCOME TO THE CLAN, FELLOW BRIGADEER

READY YOUR PUNS AND YOUR WADDLE SPEARS

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I can't believe you aren't playing it. YOU'RE PLAYING MONSTER HUNTER INSTEAD OF KIRBY?

I'm gonna go cry now. KIRBYQUEEN IS NOW MONSTERHUNTERQUEEN
HEY if this were the next installment in the action platformer titles I love most, I'd put down the New 3DS I bought with MH4U and play Kirby but yeah....

I've played Canvas Curse already. I get the gist. I can wait, lol...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
HEY if this were the next installment in the action platformer titles I love most, I'd put down the New 3DS I bought with MH4U and play Kirby but yeah....

I've played Canvas Curse already. I get the gist. I can wait, lol...
I FEEL BETRAYED

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Have you all played Return? My favorite world is Another Deemension.... No? No? Ok...
Yes I have. I liked Triple Deluxe better as its a more polished version of the gameplay in RtDL but there are things in RtDL that seriously should had come back. Like Arena battles between 2 sub-bosses, power challenge rooms, and water power!!! Also spike ability's dash attack! x_x Also the greater number of levels.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have I even made a BDee moveset before?!? Welp, I'll make one in a bit
K.Rool moveset!
King K.Rool, Kaptain K.Rool, Baron K.Roolenstein and boxing K.Rool as alts
Taller and heavier than Bowser, also a bit thicker
Speed: Mario
Jump height: ROB
Entrance animation: Jumps out of the Kruiser
Attacks
Jab: Punches straight in front of him
Ftilt: Delivers a nasty hook
Utilt: Grabs hat and swipes above head with it
Dtilt: Sticks leg out to trip foes
FSmash: Headbutts enemy
USmash: Delivers an uppercut
DSmash: Bounces on ground to create a shockwave
Nair: Body slam pose, similar to Dedede and Wario
Fair: Grabs hat and thrusts it like a knife, hat spikes enemies
Bair: Jigglypuff Bair but with tail
Dair: Violently thrusts foot downwards
Grabs and throws
Grab: Grabs his blunderbuss and uses the suction feature
Pummel: Glares with his eye hard enough to damage
Fthrow: Beats foe with blunderbuss
Bthrow: Grabs foe and suplexes them
Uthrow: Savagely bites foe and flings them upwards
Dthrow: Sits on foe
Specials
B: Throws hat, powerful and quick projectile, but obviously long cooldown
Side B: Throws vials that create acid pools damaging anyone who touches it, K.Rool also gets damaged with this
Up B: Flies on a jetpack like ROB, doesn't last nearly as long, but the flame coming out spikes
Down B: Lies down, anyone who hits him then hears laughter and gets shot by the blunderbuss
Final Smash: Charges forward in a blinded frenzy while roaring, anyone hit gets launched very far
Non attacks
Taunt1: Yells "THANK YOU THANK YOU"
Taunt2: Sings the first notes of Gangplank Galleon
Taunt3: Places hand on mouth like in his official DKC artwork while making a surprised look going "Ooh..."
Victory theme: Metal remix of DK victory theme
Victory pose1: Sits on throne twiddling thumbs while laughing
Victory pose2: Snarls and says "Any last requests?"
Victory pose3: Falls on a stash of bananas and maniacally squashes them while giggling
Guidance: Pit: Who's this fatso lady Palutena? K.Rool : Fatso is it? I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you... Palutena: Ignore him Pit, King K.Rool, while rather comical, is extremely dangerous, he has stolen Donkey Kongs bananas on multiple occasions. Pit: Bananas? Why would he want those? Are they his favourite food or something? K.Rool: Fool, I find bananas disgusting, I merely steal them to starve the kongs! Palutena: I'd watch out Pit, K.Rool's smart and although he makes the same mistakes, after he realises his current strategy doesn't work, he thinks of something different while improving on that.
Running Speed: Shulk
Jump height: Mario
Regular attacks
Jab: Swings sword in an arch, similar to Marth
FTilt: Thrusts sword
UTilt: Swings sword above head
DTilt: A slash that is similar to his jab, but less range traded for speed
Dash Attack: Jumps with a downward slash, like Link
NAir: Same as the dash attack, but without a dash and the sword reaches behind him
FAir: Pushes out his arm and stabs with sword
BAir: Same as FAir
UAir: Slashes upwards
DAir: Reversed UAir, spikes
Smash attacks
USmash:Mad Growth, heavy damage but ending lag combined with low knockback isn't ideal
SideSmash:Move, Same as Brawl, but it does deal damage, more of an edgegaurd tool, think Mega Man's Mega Buster
DSmash:Quake, Isaac makes the ground tremble, this attack isn't too powerful but can be used to stop the foe moving, it's basically a combo starter
Get-up attack: Leg sweep and then get's up
Ledge Attack: Climbs on and stabs low
Grab and throws
Grab: Catch, great range, the hand has the same height as Isaac, but a lot of endinglag, the hand will return to Isaac if it catches anyone
Pummel: Isaac knees his foe
FThrow: Slams his palm into foes stomach and uses Move, Move only has a windbox here
BThrow: Isaac uses Force and slams the opponent backwards
UThrow:Isaac does a rising Slash and it hits his opponent pretty high up
DThrow:Isaac trips his foe and uses Titan Blade, heavy damage, but low knockback and endlag
Special attacks
B: Djinn, Isaac will scroll through four elements that have multiple Djinn in a set order, Isaac will not be able to move, but pressing up or down makes him scroll through different Djinn of that element, the Djinn's name appears on Isaac's portrait under his name. After using a Djinn, pressing B will make Isaac summon Venus, Mars, Jupiter or Mercury, The Venus Djinn flies around Isaac as a pseudo Mach Tornado, Mars will be a PK Fire, Jupiter does something similar, but no lingering effect and at a different angle and Mercury acts like Fludd. After performing a summon, Isaac must wait 15 seconds to use a Djinn
Side B: Spire, has a set distance, like Palutena's fireball custom, drops a rock on foe, it will shatter on the ground and the shards also deal damage
Up B: Retreat, it works like the Sheik custom, instant, but no hitbox
Down B: Mind Read, Ivan somehow taught this to Isaac, and it's a strange kind of Counter. Poor range, but it shoots a little spark like Mewtwo's Disable, if it hits, foe is stunned and sent back with no damage to make up for the endlag, however, the next move the enemy hits Isaac with won't effect him, meaning Isaac can outright hit through combos
Final Smash: Isaac uses Quake Sphere and it hits foes and puts them in the middle of the stage, Isaac then throws a Ragnarok there, anyone hit is sent to a forest area, Isaac then summons Judgment to finish the foe off
Djinn effects
Flint: Isaac's next move has a ton of knockback
Quartz: Isaac receives less knockback the next hit
Ground: Isaac's next move stuns the enemy, ideal for Mind Read
Granite: Isaac receives less damage for 7 seconds
Sap: steals 10%
Vine: Makes an enemy slower
Bane: Poisons a foe, AKA flower
Fever: Foe hit by this will trip randomly
Scorch: Shoots out a firey explosion
Corona: Isaac will receive no knockback temporarily
Forge: Isaac's next move does more damage
Ember: Isaac basically gets a turbo mode for 3 seconds
Flash: Isaac will receive less damage and explode when hit for 5 seconds
Torch: Isaac's next move will do a lot of damage and outright ignore shields
Gust: shoots out wind to push the enemy
Breeze: lowers damage of the next move Isaac is hit with, also counts for Final Smashes
Smog: A poisonous cloud appears with a smoke ball effect
Zephyr: Increases Isaac's speed, making him lighter
Luff: Isaac's next move will outright hit twice, throws included
Flux: A Jupiter Djinn flies forward, if it hits anyone, their Special Attacks are blocked for 5 seconds, recovery included
Squall: Stuns enemy shortly but deals damage
Fizz: Isaac stands still for a few seconds and heals
Sleet: Reduces damage output of enemy
Mist: Puts a foe to sleep
Spritz: Heals Isaac more than Fizz, animation takes even longer
Hail: Isaac's moves will pretty much eat shields for 7 seconds
Tonic: Isaac will not be affected by sleep, flowers or daze for 8 seconds
Dew: Lowers knockback of moves Isaac is hit by for 4 seconds
Isaac and K.Rool movesets as a reference

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have Deecided to put that in our book of punny moments
Aw, I don't Deeserve this.
Yes I have. I liked Triple Deluxe better as its a more polished version of the gameplay in RtDL but there are things in RtDL that seriously should had come back. Like Arena battles between 2 sub-bosses, power challenge rooms, and water power!!! Also spike ability's dash attack! x_x Also the greater number of levels.
Uh, that wasn't the point of the comment but what the hell, I'll bite. I liked Return better because I felt like all of the levels bought something bigger and newer than the levels in Deluxe. And it had Magolor. And Ultra Powers. And my God, the music in that game was off the chain. C-R-O-W-N-E-D was like the second best final boss theme ever.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I haven't played Return to Dreamland(some Kirby fan I am eh?), I think that's the minority for this thread since this is about Bandana Dee.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Aw, I don't Deeserve this.

Uh, that wasn't the point of the comment but what the hell, I'll bite. I liked Return better because I felt like all of the levels bought something bigger and newer than the levels in Deluxe. And it had Magolor. And Ultra Powers. And my God, the music in that game was off the chain. C-R-O-W-N-E-D was like the second best final boss theme ever.
I thought the level design was more engaging in Triple Deluxe myself. The collection was a bigger part of it and having the different planes allowed for more reward for exploring. Having keychains made it actually worth it where as there was really no reason to check the edge of stages or other paths, since it'd mostly be stars or a tomatoes. Considering I never was in any danger cause of the level difficulty, I didn't need these items much. Triple Deluxe also had a great soundtrack as well.

I like Return to Dreamland but I personally liked Triple Deluxe better. Ultra abilities were cool but they weren't used for more diverse puzzle solving.

I do like Return to Dreamland. I just liked TD more. So yes I played it and I wanted to share the bits I loved the most as listed above that should have returned. They were great. Just want I think personally.

Top Bottom