• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, if they ever made a Kirby amiibo line, (which I think they will in the future), what amiibo do you think they will have?

Bandana Dee/Waddle Dee is a given as well as the main trio. Not to mention Waddle dee outfits do appear in Kirby games often so that would be the perfect excuse to keep adding them.

I think Magolor probably would also get one since he has been pretty important and reoccurring.
Personally, this is sort of a wish list, more-so than what I expect. (Though, I expect everyone in wave 1 on this list to appear, IF a Kirby Amiibo line does happen.)

Anyways:

Wave 1: The heroes of Dreamland set.

Kirby, King dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee.

Wave 2: Common Baddies set.

Waddle Dee, Broom Hatter, scarfy, Gordo, Bronto Burt. Blade Knight, Sir Kibble, Chilly, Poppy Bro Jr, Knuckle Joe.

Wave 3: Friendly Allies set.

Adeleine, Gooey, Elline, Prince fluff, Ribbon, Rick, Coo, Kine.

Wave 4: Mid-Bosses set.

Phan Phan, Bonkers, Bugzzy, Mr Frosty, Fire Lion, Chef Kawasaki, Mr Tick-Tock, Grand Wheelie.

Wave 5: Big Baddies set.

Whispy Woods, LoLo and LaLa, Kracko, Kabula, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright, Galacta Knight, Dyna Blade.

Wave 6: Villains Set.

Magolar, Queen sectonia, Marx, Nightmare, Drawcia, Claycia, Yin Yarn, Dark Matter, Zero/02, Daroach.

And of course, I could NOT forget:

Golden Kirby as a Publix exclusive amiibo! :troll:

Also, Hello everyone. Long time no see~

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think he has two attacks only, forward and up spear pokes.
I'm not sure because I don't have the game.

I don't know, sorry.

Tier List of Amiibo Likelihood!

SS: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee.

S: Magolor, Galacta Knight, Generic Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Gordo.

A: Whispy Woods, Bronto Burt, Shotzo, Knuckle Joe, Bonkers.

B: Cappy, Scarfy, Bouncy, Marx, Animal Buddies, Kracko, Chef Kawasaki, Elline, Claycia.

C: Daroach, Adeleine, Ribbon, Gooey.

D: Phan Phan.
Daroach and Marx would probably be in the same tier. But my God, a Galacta Knight Amiibo...

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Since Amiibo cards were confirmed, I can see a line of Kirby Amiibo cards. I would expect Bandana Dee (named waddle dee, so we prob wouldnt get a generic waddle dee one), maybe magolor for a future kirby platformer, gordos, and lots of generic enemies. I dont know what these things would do, but its an idea.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hey guys, if they ever made a Kirby amiibo line, (which I think they will in the future), what amiibo do you think they will have?

Bandana Dee/Waddle Dee is a given as well as the main trio. Not to mention Waddle dee outfits do appear in Kirby games often so that would be the perfect excuse to keep adding them.

I think Magolor probably would also get one since he has been pretty important and reoccurring.
Depends on what the next kirby game is I guess, Although I have a hunch we'll get another RTDL style game with co-op again

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Welp, my town's not gonna get a Dedede amiibo till SUMMER. Whoever is in charge of shipping things on time needs some blast processing cause they're 2 slow.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. I've been busy playing Rainbow Curse. :awesome:

I might share my thoughts on it later once I finish it, but what are everyone else's thoughts on it?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not. it's not my style. Besides, I like to go here when I can. Especially since I'm not largely ignored. (Although my move set ideas are.) It's also not very hostile(most of the time).
Anyways, If Bandana Dee was in smash I wouldn't be surprised for him to be a spacing character with his range and projectiles, as well as his light weight.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Where is everybody?
Playing Rainbow Curse? XD

:(
Playing MH4U :x

Since Rainbow Curse is out... Can someone spoil everything major about it for me? :p
Pfft I spoil Kirby games for myself always. I saw most of the gameplay via play through videos on you tube. If you really want it all spoiled just watch those honestly.

Claycia is really just possessed by another evil entity, which Kirby chases into space, defeats, eats lots of apples. The end

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I haven't been able to buy Kirby and the Rainbow Curse yet because I don't have enough money to do so at the moment.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know, I wouldn't mind a Kirby with voice acting. I'm curious at how Nintendo would portray Meta Knight and King Dedede, cause I need something other than "I NEED A MONSTAH TA CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH!" from Dedede. I guess Bandanna Dee couldn't talk, since he kind of lacks a mouth. But imagine how much more expressive Kirby could be with voice acting. Imagine possessed Magolor with a voice... O.O How do you think people like Daroach would sound?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You know, I wouldn't mind a Kirby with voice acting. I'm curious at how Nintendo would portray Meta Knight and King Dedede, cause I need something other than "I NEED A MONSTAH TA CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH!" from Dedede. I guess Bandanna Dee couldn't talk, since he kind of lacks a mouth. But imagine how much more expressive Kirby could be with voice acting. Imagine possessed Magolor with a voice... O.O How do you think people like Daroach would sound?
Well ... Magolor doesn't have a mouth, like Bandana Dee, but, in the games both can talk.

Daroach? I don't know, he would have a deep voice, maybe.

This is a weird topic XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well ... Magolor doesn't have a mouth, like Bandana Dee, but, in the games both can talk.

Daroach? I don't know, he would have a deep voice, maybe.

This is a weird topic XD
True. Then again Magolor doesn't have a face. Or neck.
I imagine Daroach would either have a high, squeaky voice, or he'd talk with a New Orleans accent kind of.
Kirby is a series about pink marshmallow inhaling faceless creatures and fighting giant eyeballs and witches, I don't think it gets much weirder than that.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, an interesting idea. I don't think I'd really want them to have full voice acting. but for the sake of discussion.

Kirby would probably sound cute hopefully not something like power puff girls bubbles level "cute" maybe closer to Brina Palencia's voice for One Piece's Chopper.
Meta Knight hmm, Steve Blum's voice for Flamedramon? maybe
King Dedede I'm honestly not sure, it needs to be serious and powerful, but also kinda goofy, but not to the extent of "DAT DERE KIRBEH"
Magolor: I feel should sound weak and diminuative, but also very wise. when he's not under the influence of the crown or whatever else may make him evil
Bandana Dee: For some reason I can't help but think THIS could work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdHBAEwFSgI (the "INTRUDER" part a voice that sounds cute but serious at the same time. yeah I'm crazy I know)
I would say who I think should play Daroach or what voice type would work, but unfortunately, I've never actually seen anything more than pics of Daroach :( I've never played any game he's appeared in. but I shall now rectify that (gonna buy a pre-owned copy of Squeak Squad online right now)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hmm, an interesting idea. I don't think I'd really want them to have full voice acting. but for the sake of discussion.

Kirby would probably sound cute hopefully not something like power puff girls bubbles level "cute" maybe closer to Brina Palencia's voice for One Piece's Chopper.
Meta Knight hmm, Steve Blum's voice for Flamedramon? maybe
King Dedede I'm honestly not sure, it needs to be serious and powerful, but also kinda goofy, but not to the extent of "DAT DERE KIRBEH"
Magolor: I feel should sound weak and diminuative, but also very wise. when he's not under the influence of the crown or whatever else may make him evil
Bandana Dee: For some reason I can't help but think THIS could work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdHBAEwFSgI (the "INTRUDER" part a voice that sounds cute but serious at the same time. yeah I'm crazy I know)
I would say who I think should play Daroach or what voice type would work, but unfortunately, I've never actually seen anything more than pics of Daroach :( I've never played any game he's appeared in. but I shall now rectify that (gonna buy a pre-owned copy of Squeak Squad online right now)
You haven't played Squeak Squad? That's one of the best games in the series!
I think Chuggaconroy's voice for Magolor voice is actually how I think he'd sound.
ErIc Newsome's voice for Meta Knight is perfect.
How ironic that I was about to say that Bandanna Dee should sound like GIR when I decided to watch that video.
I can't imagine Kirby saying more words that maybe "Hi," and "Yay!" and things of that nature.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'd personally hate to see a Kirby game voiced over. I really don't think the games really need them. The characters don't do a lot of speaking nor do the games have much heavy plot. So it's an expenditure and effort that's clearly not necessary. I can see why people would want it in a story heavy rpg, but a platoforming series like Kirby...eh. Plus it's pretty much implied that Kirby has limited speaking and is young. I also like to think the characters talk in an alien language when they do made up of sounds we can't understand. Kind of like the animal crossing chatter of Magolor's actual voice in the game.

I'd have to just say "No" to the whole thing personally. I'm way happier with the lack of voice work. It's really not even necessary for how little dialogue plays a role in the game soo... no.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'd personally hate to see a Kirby game voiced over. I really don't think the games really need them. The characters don't do a lot of speaking nor do the games have much heavy plot. So it's an expenditure and effort that's clearly not necessary. I can see why people would want it in a story heavy rpg, but a platoforming series like Kirby...eh. Plus it's pretty much implied that Kirby has limited speaking and is young. I also like to think the characters talk in an alien language when they do made up of sounds we can't understand. Kind of like the animal crossing chatter of Magolor's actual voice in the game.

I'd have to just say "No" to the whole thing personally. I'm way happier with the lack of voice work. It's really not even necessary for how little dialogue plays a role in the game soo... no.
I don't know, I think it could work. Even if a game isn't largely plot driven, dialogue can still be used to expand the experience. If they pulled it off right I think it could add some nice comic relief

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184

What if Kirby had an RPG game? O-o They might. They did make Hyrule Warriors which is way different from traditional Zelda games. I'd imagine the battle will play out like Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG. Different options like adding inhale to Kirby. Then talking Kirby characters will add more to the plot. The circle pad will also work great for this type of Kirby game better then Triple Deluxe did (which I feel wasn't the best option for attacking because of diagonal directions can use the wrong attack).

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
What if Kirby had an RPG game? O-o They might. They did make Hyrule Warriors which is way different from traditional Zelda games. I'd imagine the battle will play out like Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG. Different options like adding inhale to Kirby. Then talking Kirby characters will add more to the plot. The circle pad will also work great for this type of Kirby game better then Triple Deluxe did (which I feel wasn't the best option for attacking because of diagonal directions can use the wrong attack).
I agree to an extent, but I think there's a charm in voiceless RPG's too, like the Mario RPG's(which would probably be the closest comparisons to a Kirby RPG if it happened). if an RPG does happen it'd be more faithful as well as safe to the Kirby series to go that route rather than a full voice acted RPG.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

You seem to be implying that voice acting is exclusive to story heavy games. I think Kirby has a certain charm to it that would allow it to pull off voice acting while still maintaining its lighthearted nature (until you get to the final boss). People complained that Hyrule Warriors needed voice acting, and that games story was "Here's some things, attack them." Kirby is a series all about characters with personality, and I think voice acting could help bring that out even more. The happier scenes would be happier, the sadder scenes would be sadder, and so on. Besides, if dialogue affects the game as little as you say it does, then a little spice wouldn't harm the game at all, provided they don't Mario Sunshine it up. Kirby could be the exception, like in the anime. Even though he's been a baby for 2 decades.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I personally do not like the idea for voice acting in thhe games, folks. Sorry. It's a preference. I think the idea is a waste. Even if it can be used to enhance the experience, I don't play Kirby for THAT kind of experience. Non of what I love about the games ever involves them elaborating instructions, story, or background with voice acting. Non of that interests me. I in fact HATE the idea. I like the mystery, the visual minimal story telling, and the idea that the Characters don't make any actual human sounds or few like with Kirby. Also I am not a fan of the anime... so it already turned me off to the idea. I'd be way happier without.

If Kirby is an RPG than I seriously prefer text like a classic RPG.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen So you don't like vocalized cut scenes like in Xenoblade. (I thought they did an awesome job in those by the way.)
What does my preferences for no voice acting in kirby have to do with my preference for voice acting in Xenoblade? I'm fine with Xenoblade. It's an entirely different game,, genre, and with characters JUST established with that first game.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
She's moreso talking about Kirby, it'd be like if Mario grabbed a gun and said "Lets bust Bowser's ***** *** kneecaps"
Mario's talked plenty of times and never gotten any flak for it. I'm not asking for Kirby to start rapping, I'm just saying that voice acting would enhance the experience. Even though I would totally listen to Kirby rap.

Top Bottom