• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, ok. Personally, I feel it should have to be charged ala Diddy's Rocketbarrel Boost, but that's just me.

Also: should he have multiple air jumps? And if so, how many should he have?
Considering all of the other characters have multiple air jumps, and he has that ability in KRTDL, then I would think he'd have the same.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Other question about your moveset: would/should charging spear lob incrase the number of spears thrown? If it did, it would be more accurate to the game, though I'm not sure how balanced it would be. Same with having to charge the spear copter.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Waddle Dee sounds kind of like Krystal. Fourth character to a series that doesn't really need it but that's okay because he flails a stick around?

The Similarities are Striking.
The difference? It's elementary my dear Oasis, Star fox is not a popular series over all, its found fans now but nowhere near Nintendos top franchises. Kirby is a lovable character that has more games then you can count. Next to Mario Kirby is the next producer in game titles. And all of Kirby's adventures aren't spin offs. In that respect he probably comes pretty close to the plumber. How many Mario based or originated characters has mario produced?
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi. Thats 6. And as of SSB4 most likely 7. Kirby has 3 reps and a huge game base. I think they deserve a 4th rep seeing how Zelda has had 4 for two games already. Now does that mean we should hop on Bandana Dee? Not necessarily and while there is a solid arguement he isn't apparent he was playable in RTDL, and has made appearances I believe as one of Metaknight's top Dees in almost every game. So hes most likely your next best choice. Also remember the waddle dee from Crystal Shards? Hes not uncommon for a playable character.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
The difference? It's elementary my dear Oasis, Star fox is not a popular series over all, its found fans now but nowhere near Nintendos top franchises. Kirby is a lovable character that has more games then you can count. Next to Mario Kirby is the next producer in game titles. And all of Kirby's adventures aren't spin offs. In that respect he probably comes pretty close to the plumber. How many Mario based or originated characters has mario produced?
Kirby'sDreamCourseKirbyAirRideKirby'sPinballLandKirbyAvalanchKirbyTilt'N'TumbleKirby'sEpicYarnEtc.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Kirby'sDreamCourseKirbyAirRideKirby'sPinballLandKirbyAvalanchKirbyTilt'N'TumbleKirby'sEpicYarnEtc.
Nice use of spaces -.-
What I meant was the majority of mario games are spin offs. I don't mean Kirby doesn't have any... Examine the amount of legitimate mario games we get to Kirby games we get. Especially on handhelds. Also I could argue kirby's epic yarn was not a spin off. Neither is mass attack if anyone was thinking that. Heres a list of non spin off mario games in the last 5 years: Super Mario 3DLand, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, super mario bros all stars 25th anniversary edition.... so that would be 4, a remake and also 2 more are being released this year. Here are all the spin offs in 5 years I will be abbreviating these. Mario Tennis Open, Mario Party 9, Mario Kart 7, MS London 2012, Fortune Street, Mario Sports Mix, Mario vs. DK mini-land mayhem, MS Olympic Winter Games, Mario & Luigi BIS, Mario Power Tennis (new play control), Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Kart wii, Dr Mario express, Dr Mario online RX, MS Olympic Games, Mario Party DS, Itadka Street DS, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8, super paper mario. Thats 20.... isn't that just gross? a 5:1 ratio of actual games to spin offs?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Other question about your moveset: would/should charging spear lob incrase the number of spears thrown? If it did, it would be more accurate to the game, though I'm not sure how balanced it would be. Same with having to charge the spear copter.
Yes. I'm pretty sure I put that in my brief moveset concept.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Nice to see a thread for this since I was actually one of the people who contributed to Smash Flash 2 expansions and made a bandana waddle dee. It was on one of the very old sites and it got erased even though I got positive feedback. I love all of the points you make aswell. GO THE BANDANA DEE ARMY!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Side special should be wear he rides a pig like how other Waddle Dee do in R2DL

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if there's a 4th representant of the Kirby series, Bandana Waddle Dee is the best choice, since he has begun to appear alongside the other 3 characters already in Brawl as a playable character.

not that I really support him, but he's a viable choice.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As long as bandana Dee has a sailor hat as an alt costume, i don't care what the moveset is. Sailor Dee>>>>All

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Bandanna Dee has my full support. He was playable in Return to Dreamland and managed to get into the Kirby's Dream Collection trailer. Having him would also be the best way to represent the most common enemies in the Kirby series, the good ol' Waddle Dee. Although I think he's a tad unlikely, I could potentially see him as a surprise rep. And I would be overjoyed if that happened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd love to see Bandanna Dee. I actually just finished KRtD 100% (albeit with Tornado Kirby in True Arena [and people say Spark's broken...]) and tried out Bandanna Dee. I gotta say, I like what he can offer. I don't find him the most likely, due to Sakurai not wanting to overrep his own stuff, but he's the best bet for a Kirby character in my opinion.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Bandana Dee works. His main roles are games that Sakurai did not work in. Such as Kirby Return To Dreamland.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
is bandana dee in anything besides return to dream land? i feel like he should just be another thing to throw for DDD. i dont think he has enough potential as a full out character

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
is bandana dee in anything besides return to dream land? i feel like he should just be another thing to throw for DDD. i dont think he has enough potential as a full out character
He originally made a small appearance in Kirby Super Star(in Megaton Punch), was DeDeDe's sidekick/lackey in Revenge of the King(KSSU), and I believe also had a cameo in Mass Attack.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
Id really like to see him in ssb4 but he will have a hard time getting there with all the other series

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Suddenly bumped up from the depths, but glad to see it. I really support Bandana Dee in this game. He's just an adorable Kirby rep, I love Waddle Dee's in general, and his moveset would complete the Fire Emblem weapon triangle before Fire Emblem itself does, which amuses me. I think he has a lot of potential, and I hope he and Magolor continue to appear in the future.

Rukifellth

Smash Rookie
Hmm... I dunno, I think Dee would work better as an alternate costume for Kirby than a fully fledged character. I'd rather see someone expected, YET well known like Adeleine who the developers can get REALLY creative with, since she uses her brush to create things. Technically, she'd be a foil to Olimar, but perhaps she would have less control over her creations unlike Olimar. And unlike Kirby and DeDeDe, she would be a middle weight character. That and I know I was a bit flustered over not seeing her in Return to Dreamland, since the whole gang from Kirby64 was there, EXCEPT Adeleine. blah...

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I support Bandana Dee. The playable Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 is one of my favourite characters, all time.

I'd rather see Adeline though...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If he gets in, the weapon triangle will be completed in Kirby series before Fire Emblem.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Supporter of Bandanna Dee here!The Kirby Core 4 should be completed in any means as necessary and we need Bandanna for that as we might know.

Might even do a signature for you guys.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
there's a thread for this? how convenient! I support bandana dee thoroughly.

BANDANA DEE FTW

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Kirby kids, does this list contain all of Kirby's Promintent, Important, and Fan Favorites?

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Daroach
Gooey
Magolor
Marx
Prince Fluff
Yarn Kirby

I'm not looking to simply expand this list, but to add any characters that fit one of those THREE categories. Unless you have a personal fave, then I'll add them :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey Kirby kids, does this list contain all of Kirby's Promintent, Important, and Fan Favorites?

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Daroach
Gooey
Magolor
Marx
Prince Fluff
Yarn Kirby

I'm not looking to simply expand this list, but to add any characters that fit one of those THREE categories. Unless you have a personal fave, then I'll add them :)
That seems about right. maybe add knuckle Joe, since sakuri DID think about putting him in at one point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Daroach
Gooey
Magolor
Marx
Prince Fluff
Yarn Kirby

Don't let Ove see that list until you've added Adeliene. :troll:

But yeah, that just about covers everyone.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I support Waddle Dee, but not because of RtD alone. Being the fourth playable character option in only one game isn't a great résumé. I support him because a playable and/or allied Waddle Dee is a pretty prominent feature and character in several Kirby games. Kirby 64 and RtD featured a Waddle Dee allied with Kirby, Canvas Curse and RtD featured a playable Waddle Dee, and the same Waddle Dee from RtD plays a minor plot role in Kirby Super Star Ultra. Waddle Dees are also among the most well-known, recognizable Nintendo enemies; what Return to Dreamland really did for them was give them a face (which other mooks like Goomba lack). So when I support the bandanna-wearing Waddle Dee, it's because I'm supporting a representative of the species and the recurring allied/playable Waddle Dees in the Kirby series.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So. I just completed Kirby's Return to Dreamland for the first time.

It was a great game but I fell in love with one particular warrior. Bandana Dee is amazing. I hope we see more of him!

I doubt Kirby will get four characters but if it did, Bandana Dee should definitely be the 4th character.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think a key point of discussion we're all forgetting here is that this character you're pining for being in a video game about nintendo all-stars is indeed called Bandanna Dee and is a waddle dee wearing a bandanna

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think a key point of discussion we're all forgetting here is that this character you're pining for being in a video game about nintendo all-stars is indeed called Bandanna Dee and is a waddle dee wearing a bandanna
And your point is....?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
this is so offensive
How is this offensive?

Oh. Wait. You're joking with your questionable sense of humor.
Thing is. Bandana Dee actually does stuff. He's been pretty important in every game he's appeared in.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
How is this offensive?

Oh. Wait. You're joking with your questionable sense of humor.

Thing is. Bandana Dee actually does stuff. He's been pretty important in every game he's appeared in.

Top Bottom