• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You find that offensive and are perfectly fine with autism jokes?

You're a troll like the other guy aren't you?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think a key point of discussion we're all forgetting here is that this character you're pining for being in a video game about nintendo all-stars is indeed called Bandanna Dee and is a waddle dee wearing a bandanna
No, he's a Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana that can FLY BY SPINNING HIS SPEAR OVER HIS HEAD.

I'm not saying he's likely to be or required/needed in the game, but I like him and I think if Kirby were to get another character it should be him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Considering how Sakurai seems to be targetting some more unique characters my hope for the little guy is being raised a bit more. Like I mentioned in the write up, he has a lot to offer to the cast.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
As ignorant and lazy as this sounds, maybe they can port his data from Return to Dreamland and tweak him?

Give him 2 jumps instead of infinite jumps for example. Make Spearcopter not chargable when in the air.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
As ignorant and lazy as this sounds, maybe they can port his data from Return to Dreamland and tweak him?

Give him 2 jumps instead of infinite jumps for example. Make Spearcopter not chargable when in the air.
that actually wouldn't be too bad, but they might need to modify a couple things. like adding attacks.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Oh, Dee... why must you tempt me so...

*Ahem*

Anyways, while I don't think he will quite make it in this time, he will get in eventually. Currently, I'd say that he's the most likely Kirby character to be a newcomer. However, Bandana Dee feels kind of out-prioritized by several other characters, like Ridley and Palutena, and I'm not sure how well he can be squeezed in.

However, he probably isn't going anywhere. For being Dedede's buddy, it is way too easy to insert him into any future plans for any Kirby games in the future. I also have a feeling that HAL Labs knows who is popular in Kirby, and they have already acknowledged that Bandana Dee is, and I do quote, "everyone’s idol."

I'm willing to wait for Smash 5 or 6 for him, but if he appears in 4, all the better.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Wow, my first thread. I've been here for a long time, I just haven't created an account until now. So, I don't know if somebody has already created a Waddle Dee thread, because I can't see it on the front page. Anyway, let's begin!

So I'm sure you're all familiar with Waddle Dee, correct? He's the adorable, cuddly enemy from the Kirby series and basically serves as their Goomba. While usually an enemy, Waddle Dees are sometimes playable in games such as Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Kirby Canvas Curse and most notably, Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Now the Waddle Dee from the latter is actually different, he wears a blue bandanna and usually wields a spear as his weapon. He first appeared in Kirby Super Star.

So let's think about it. For the Smash series in total, we've had Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight. Why not Waddle Dee? It seems that the maximum of series reps in Brawl are 4 (6 in Pokémon's case, counting Pokémon Trainer's 3 Pokémon), so he fits nicely. He's a common face in the series and a huge staple. And I know what you're all thinking. "But, one of King Dedede's attacks involve him throwing Waddle Dees so he can't be playable!" Well, guess what? Let's make the playable one wear his blue bandanna to stand out from the rest. Plus, he's got a spear in his hands.

I've already thought of a moveset, but you guys are welcome to post your own.

B Neutral: Spear Thrust
Waddle Dee just simply jabs the player with his spear. Keep pressing the button and he'll repeatedly jab.

B Side: Waddle Triple Throw
Waddle Dee throws three spears. The more you hold the button in, the stronger it is and the further it goes.

B Up: Waddle Copter
Waddle Dee twirls his spear above his head, allowing him to fly. This causes damage to anyone who falls on him.

B Down: Moon Drop
Performed in midair. Waddle Dee grabs his spear and jabs it downwards, dealing a lot of damage to players beneath him. Warning! Once this move is executed, Waddle Dee will not stop until he reaches the ground so it may cause many self destructs.

Final Smash: Waddle Bomb
Waddle Dee gets a Balloon Bomb out. Upon getting it out, the more you press the B button, the bigger and more powerful it gets. Also, the bigger it is, the longer it takes to throw, meaning opponents will have a bit of a head start to escape. If the Skull Bomb is small, Waddle Dee will throw it almost immediately. However, it doesn't do a lot of damage and if your opponent's health percentage is low, it won't KO them.

So that's it, really. Hope 'ya like. For the character selection, he could just be called "Bandanna Dee" or just simply "Waddle Dee". Feel free to post Palette Swaps and Icons! ^^

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hate to burst your bubble, but there's already a thread for him here.
Edit: Err, what Swamp said.

Not exactly active, sadly. I like your ideas, nonetheless.

I feel like Bandana Dee is essentially the same Waddle Dee that's playable in Crystal Shards, and always the main Waddle Dee at King Dedede's side. They only recently 'updated' his appearance in Super Star Ultra/Retrun To Dreamland to make him "stand out" more than generic ones.

As for a palette swap, I think Sailor Hat Dee (the one on Meta Knight's Crew in Meta Knight's Revenge) would be a good one.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Hate to burst your bubble, but there's already a thread for him here.
Edit: Err, what Swamp said.

Not exactly active, sadly. I like your ideas, nonetheless.

I feel like Bandana Dee is essentially the same Waddle Dee that's playable in Crystal Shards, and always the main Waddle Dee at King Dedede's side. They only recently 'updated' his appearance in Super Star Ultra/Retrun To Dreamland to make him "stand out" more than generic ones.

As for a palette swap, I think Sailor Hat Dee (the one on Meta Knight's Crew in Meta Knight's Revenge) would be a good one.
*Sigh* Oh well. Also, I agree with you. Bandana Dee (I don't know WHY I said "Bandanna" with two Ns) is like King Dedede's little minion and right hand man. I hope he appears in more games and occupies Player 4's slot more often.

As for the Palette Swap. I once again agree with you xD. Sailor Waddle Dee would be a good choice. There aren't many other Waddle Dees that wear hats, besides them two. How about the sleeping hat Kirby wears during the Sleep Ability? Or will that blend in with one of Jigglypuff's hats? Well, if it IS playable at least.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would think a Bandana Doo is also up there as a choice. d: Or maybe his palette swaps from Crystal Shard's minigames, with various Kirby enemy hats.

Also one with him wearing King Dedede's crown, just 'cuz.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Bandana Dee himself is here!

Swamp has already directed you to the pre-existing thread, but I do hope you'll make it into Smash 4! :grin:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Bandana Dee would also have a nice change of weapons. Most characters that wield weapons by default use swords or hammers. A spear would be fun to jab peeps with. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to seeing him in future Kirby games, and one day in a Smash game.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I really hope he gets in but yet again I am the same person that wants Kyurem and Coopa friggin' Paratroopa in so... yea...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I would hope that Bandana Dee's alternate palette swaps would probably have him switch hats too.

would be cool

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I totally want a 4th Kirby character and I think Bandana Dee is a good choice. His moveset is pretty laid out.

D

Deleted member

I support Bandana Dee to appear in SSB4. He's in my personal top 5 most wanted newcomers since I do see potential with his spear as Kirby's Return to Dream Land pretty much opened the door to a good potential moveset. He would be a very unique character in my opinion.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I support Bandana Dee to appear in SSB4. He's in my personal top 5 most wanted newcomers since I do see potential with his spear as Kirby's Return to Dream Land pretty much opened the door to a good potential moveset. He would be a very unique character in my opinion.

Thanks! :D

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Now that I know that Bandana Dee is highly requested in Japan I feel much more positive about his chances. :bee:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I like him, and you can add me as a supporter, but I think that he's only going to be making it in coming Smash 5. I could be wrong, though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys? Why are you saying that Bandana Dee uses a parasol?
That's Parasol Waddle Dee, a normal enemy, Bandana Dee is Dedede's right hand and he only use a spear.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That's Parasol Waddle Dee,a normal enemy,Bandana Dee is Dedede's right hand and he only use a spear.
it could make a good move that adds variety to the character, though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-He don't use a parasol, he uses a spear.
-I only see the parasol as a recovery move, but he has the spearcopter.

Is a bad idea in my opinion.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I like the idea of a switch weapon moveset where he has a spear and if you use his down special he has a parasol and all of his moves change although that will not happen

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even if Bandana Dee doesn't get in Smash 4, I'm expecting him to appear in future Kirby games. Hopefully his roles in the games will become more important over time.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
That's Parasol Waddle Dee,a normal enemy,Bandana Dee is Dedede's right hand and he only use a spear.
I'd honestly prefer if he pulled from generic Waddle Dee enemies for parts of his moveset. Incorporating a parasol and even a wagon cart would be interesting decisions that would help represent the Waddle Dee "species" as a whole, while also giving him a bit more unique flair to go along with all of those spear-based attacks.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee is easily one of my most wanted newcomers. I feel Kirby deserves a fourth rep, and I think he's the guy for the job-I could see his moveset being a mix of his RtD Spear based moveset and some weapons that are used by Waddle Dees and other enemies in general throughout the series-Parasols, Cannons, those missiles from Epic Yarn-he could pretty much be a rep for generic enemies if those were part of his moveset, while still being his own character. It's an idea I rather like, honestly.

Top Bottom