• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Hey guys! There is our secret character!

HAL, you sneaky you-know-whats. Showing Daroach's silhouette at a different angle to throw people off... Clever. Heh, I though for sure it was Dark Meta Knight. Anyway, it's pretty cool to see Daroach back. Can't wait to see how he plays.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Hope we get a spin off wave with Qbby, Fluff and Part time UFO. But that has already been said.

The rate thread has people ironically talking about Bandana Dee. And If I remember last speculation cycle he was unanimously said that he will appear in this installment. But surprise-surprise people changed their minds and said he's not relevant or what ever. We'll get our chance this E3 or some where in the year. Hopefully this E3.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I mean, everything is a possibility, but Marx was revealed as Star Allies DLC way too late IMO.
The roster was probably finalized years ago.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
To be fair to Marx, though, Super Star is still kind of “the” Kirby game, making him permanently at least slightly relevant. So, it would be Dee vs. specifically Marx’s appearance back in Super Star, assuming that they did go through a decision process between both of them.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
To be fair to Marx, though, Super Star is still kind of “the” Kirby game, making him permanently at least slightly relevant. So, it would be Dee vs. specifically Marx’s appearance back in Super Star, assuming that they did go through a decision process between both of them.
As much as I like Dee and want him in, I find it strange that he was at one point a NPC in a minigame that randomly became a recurring guy among the trio of King D3, Meta and Kirby.
Edit: And while Marx kinda would make sense in smash (sort of) I don't see it happening... I'd I totally bandwagon if he got in tho lmao

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id say bandana is more deserving than marx, marx has only just made his second appearance in the series where as bandana is pretty much kirby's sidekick

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Try not to post in all capitals. It's bad internet etiquette in general - maybe one or two words could be capitalized if you wanted to emphasize them, but otherwise, it makes the post a pain to read.

Also, there's nothing saying that we can't get both Captain Toad and Bandanna Waddle Dee - I'd love to see both of them, and I feel like they'd make for interesting choices.
out of those two Characters; I'd ONLY want Bandana Dee; Since I'm not a fan of Toad, and even less a fan of Captain Toad, and his ego in the Galaxy games.
.....wow. I'm sorry, but I just had to do this after that reveal...
Nope; You thought it'd be Jigglypuff, But it was I, Daroach
Kono Dorotche Da!

and
Yes, that IS a Jojo Reference

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A pic of Bandana Dee won the Kirby Star Allies photo contest.

Bandana Dee confirmed.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
A pic of Bandana Dee won the Kirby Star Allies photo contest.

Bandana Dee confirmed.
Actually, Dee and Kine as a duo character confirmed. Dee rides in Kine’s mouth most of the time, of course, and only comes out completely for their Final Smash. :p

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Guys what if Bandana Dee's down special was a counter but not in the traditional sense but as a way to power up his spear with elements?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Moar Daroach.

Guys what if Bandana Dee's down special was a counter but not in the traditional sense but as a way to power up his spear with elements?
Sounds cool, even it is a normal counter, it would still be cool, I like counters haha.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
That’s a very cool idea, but in practice it seems too situational to really be used often, as a lot of characters don’t have any elemental attacks at all. This may not really be that much of an issue since similarly situational moves like Oil Panic exist, but yeah. Actually, they could make up a bunch of new elements so that every character has something associated with them, but it may be too much work to assign arbitrary elements to every hitbox in the game.

For another idea, perhaps there could be a more subtle mechanic where, in a move where he throws his spear, if it hits an elemental hitbox, that one spear projectile will be infused with that element. This idea is based on how non-elemental Bomb bombs in Star Allies can be individually infused with elements if they are thrown through allies’ elemental attacks (I tried it with Bandana Dee there by the way, it didn’t work.)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It's Bandana Waddle Dee. Although it has been officially shortened to Bandana Dee before.
Please remind me, where did they use the shortened name Bandana Dee?

On another note, they’ve sometimes called him just Waddle Dee, such as in RtDL.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please remind me, where did they use the shortened name Bandana Dee?

On another note, they’ve sometimes called him just Waddle Dee, such as in RtDL.
Triple Deluxe website, in his description they just call him Bandana Dee.

I think someone else here posted another example. But I don't remember

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Triple Deluxe website, in his description they just call him Bandana Dee.

I think someone else here posted another example. But I don't remember
Ahh, okay... I wonder if that particular instance actually means anything, given that’s it’s not in-game and the site uses both his full name and then the shortened one in the description, implying that it could theoretically be a mistake.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here:

It's in the first post.

That's the only time he was officially called Bandana Dee (that I know, I haven't seen more).

I'm not sure about the origin of his name.
I don't know if it was HAL the one who started naming the character Bandana Waddle Dee instead of Waddle Dee, or it they just adopted the name that fans made.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm damn near certain that the fans made the name and HAL just adopted it. I recall fans calling him Bandana Dee before Triple Deluxe was even a thing. Maybe my memory's a little off, but that's how I remember it.

:094:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm damn near certain that the fans made the name and HAL just adopted it. I recall fans calling him Bandana Dee before Triple Deluxe was even a thing. Maybe my memory's a little off, but that's how I remember it.

:094:
Oh definitely, he was being called Bandana Dee way before it was official.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee right hand Dee to King Dedede pal of Kirby too. Pretty cool hope our Dee gets in.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I think his final smash needs to be the spiritual successor to the big gay dance. Summoning all of his brothers to combat to fight alongside him.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
The thing with marx is to consider the greninja factor from smash 4 that the smash bros roster is locked in very VERY early in development. So marx being the helper most likely wasnt even on the board yet at that time and place

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Marxs is a good character for the Kirby series but he's like that one uncle who stays single and is irresponsible. While Bandana Dee is like that young uncle who tries to keep up with his older siblings. Well that's how I see it. Well enough allegorys but I think you get my point.

I found an interesting link while searching for more moveset potential for bandana dee

https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Kirby_64:_The_Crystal_Shards

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am so lost at the allegory above.

At any rate, Marx would be cool, but I have a hard time picturing Marx in Smash as a playable character. Maybe as an assist trophy like the Nightmare Wizard.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I am so lost at the allegory above.

At any rate, Marx would be cool, but I have a hard time picturing Marx in Smash as a playable character. Maybe as an assist trophy like the Nightmare Wizard.
Basically who would you trust more in the long term. The irresponsible one or the one who is trying to be responsible? I was kind of half asleep writing it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Marxs is a good character for the Kirby series but he's like that one uncle who stays single and is irresponsible. While Bandana Dee is like that young uncle who tries to keep up with his older siblings. Well that's how I see it. Well enough allegorys but I think you get my point.

I found an interesting link while searching for more moveset potential for bandana dee

both my uncles have pretty much the same personality

Accf124

Smash Journeyman

I agree so hard, he's cool sometimes but he legit disappears for years. Bandana Dee is arguably not as "cool" but he has a lot more going for him.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
More Dream Friends!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's actually Dark Meta Knight.

It's Definitely 1 of those

P.S. I Still hope and Expect it to be Magalor!!

WTF was that half ***ed reasoning at the end?
Just Completely Making it one-sided so that Derrick Bitner loses once again!!
Apparently for some Half-Baked Reason, Judge Hand has a Vendetta against BitnerdGX, as he always rules in a way that gives the victory to WHOMEVER is Opposing Derrick!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Has anyone thought of the idea that for one of his taunts he could drink apple juice. That would be super cute!

Top Bottom