• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
I just image shovel knight and Ashley hiding in a small room and the door opens and Sakurai with a waluigi “mask”(not skin ripped off waluigi)and then throwing the characters in assist trophy’s

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
oh man... I don't think I drew a single breath during that Assist Trophy reel...... *phew*
We survived.
we still have a chance for Bandana Dee.
sad to see Shovel Knight go though, but at least he's in.
and Fountain of Dreams is back.

Sakurai is DEFINITELY drawing from the ballot with a lot of this stuff. so I think Dee has a really good shot still.

also for "not TOO many characters" geting 5 new reveals in this direct was a huge surprise (sure, 3 were echoes but still.)

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
My heart had stopped for a while during the AT slaughtering. Our hero seems to still have a chance.

I'm glad to see Fountain of Dreams back!

slambros

Smash Ace
I want to say this: I think it's interesting that the devs went out of their way to include King Dedede in a prominent role for K. Rool's reveal trailer. It may very well be a sign of things to come.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
so the new kirby is another generic enemy rather than one of the many great characters
Well,he has been proven to be a unique character with his own personality and moves and he rose above the ranks and is iconic and a mainstay in Kirby,and if you think he’s generic take a look at every Pokémon,rob,and Yoshi.so being generic doesn’t matter and plus bandana dee is not generic in the first place.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's funny to think that with the confirmation of King K. Rool and the deconfirmation of Ashley, Isaac and Bandana Dee are neck-and-neck when it comes to views/replies on Smash Boards.

With the Bandana Dee support thread having less replies and more views, with Isaac having less views and more replies.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Well,he has been proven to be a unique character with his own personality and moves and he rose above the ranks and is iconic and a mainstay in Kirby,and if you think he’s generic take a look at every Pokémon,rob,and Yoshi.so being generic doesn’t matter and plus bandana dee is not generic in the first place.
I think Fogbadge is a Bandana Dee supporter, I think he was talking about Kawasaki as the new Kirby AT, not Dee.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
no he hasnt the only time he was his own character was in the anime, pokemon have their own rules and yoshi is said to be character as well as a race

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
On the vein of Kawasaki being an AT, it's good to see more Kirby, but again, it's another Kirby character introduced in Super Star. He has the updated moveset apparently, but my god, MORE from SS is starting to be too much...

Here's to hoping bias won't be what keeps Bandana Dee from a spot.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm so glad none (or at least no more) of my wanted characters got killed off in that direct, c'mon Dixie, Bandana Dee, Elma and Impa!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
My god I LOVED the direct. So many new features (FINAL SMASH METER YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET), modes, amongst other things. K. Rool and Simon look fantastic! And the Echoes were nothing to scoff at either!

But I'm just glad.

I'm just glad we survive to fight for another day.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
On the vein of Kawasaki being an AT, it's good to see more Kirby, but again, it's another Kirby character introduced in Super Star. He has the updated moveset apparently, but my god, MORE from SS is starting to be too much...

Here's to hoping bias won't be what keeps Bandana Dee from a spot.
If you want to get technical. Bandana Dee made his debut in Super Star.

but he didn't really start to carve out a name for himself until Return to Dream Land.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I was really worried during the AT section like the rest of you. I felt relief when I saw the Chef Kawasaki Assist Trophy. I think that makes Bandanna Dee ever so slightly likelier because it's unusual for a series to get more than one AT per new game, and if Bandanna Dee wasn't going to be a playable character, he would most certainly have been the Assist Trophy.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It's funny to think that with the confirmation of King K. Rool and the deconfirmation of Ashley, Isaac and Bandana Dee are neck-and-neck when it comes to views/replies on Smash Boards.

With the Bandana Dee support thread having less replies and more views, with Isaac having more views and more replies.
It seems Smashboards DOES represent a generally accurate sample of Smash character popularity, if the current revealed characters and specifically their reveal order are any indication. With Ridley and K. Rool confirmed, that just leaves three major fan requests: Isaac, Bdee, and Geno. Incidentally, the top three threads now that Ashley is no more.

So, by this logic, Isaac will be next. Then Bdee, and finally, likely right at release, Geno. It might not be exactly that order, but I am pretty darn confident those three are in. My opinion of Isaac's chances especially has increased--I had him pegged much lower before. But all around, all three of their chances just shot up like crazy.

Gonna be a while till the next direct, though...be patient, Bandana Brigade!

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here's my prediction for Bandana Dee's trailer. It begins with a shadowy figure walking towards through a hallway with light at the end of the tunnel, you can heard crowd cheers in the distance. Little Mac appears, walking onto stage similar to that of a UFC fighter with Doc Louis by his side. The crowd is completely in shadows due to the lights, with Doc giving Mac the advice of "this isn't your normal kind of fight Mac, this is a test of strength."

You hear the ringing of a bell and it cuts to Little Mac's fist swinging into the ground, destroying the ground. The camera pans out to show that a multitude of cinderblocks were destroyed, and pans out further to reveal he audience is full of Kirby characters like Sir Kibble and Knuckle Joe. The camera then pans right, then up as a ludicrous amount of cinder-blocks are shown towering into the sky. At the top sits Bandana Dee getting ready for the Megaton Punch, and his punch breaks through it all and it then explodes into his gameplay trailer. After his trailer it cuts back to a destroyed stadium, Bandana Dee holding a trophy and Doc Louis consoling Little Mac "better luck next time".

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm more optimistic about Bandana Dee than ever before now, this game is most definitely taking from what was wanted pre-Smash 4 and during the ballot era, and Bandana Dee had a significant presence there. Just looking at the newcomer forum after the Direct I think you could even make a pretty decent argument that he's the most popular character not yet in or disconfirmed, at least among the core speculation community.

Him not showing up as an AT is also huge, because clearly other characters who did well in the ballot but didn't make it are being honored in the form of ATs instead, like Shovel Knight. Of course we might not have seen all ATs, but Chief Kawasaki's inclusion makes me think that Kirby is covered, and I'm absolutely certain Bandana Dee would be an AT if he wasn't playable.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Anyone else worried Sakurai’s bias is what’s going to be the end of Bandana Dee’s presence in Smash? At this rate, do you guys have faith he’ll even get a trophy unlike last time?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Anyone else worried Sakurai’s bias is what’s going to be the end of Bandana Dee’s presence in Smash? At this rate, do you guys have faith he’ll even get a trophy unlike last time?
I'm not sure Sakurai bias is gonna be an issue this time. K. Rool defeats the "No more western characters except Diddy" theory, along with the DK hate one. Ridley kills a lot of Sakurai bias arguments, given he caved on a character he said no to before. Chrom is in, and Dark Samus. Dedede's final smash.

There is an abundance of fan-requested stuff in, and fan issues addressed. Sakurai has shown significant interest in making this the ideal Smash for fans, regardless of consequence. If the fans want Bdee, he will be in.

And clearly, we want him. It's just a matter of time.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I still support the Dee! Seeing him remain unseen is great! Also, that HD fountain of dreams is definitely gonna be my most played stage. Kinda sad seeing that stages wont be unlockable like characters.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaah, that K. Rool trailer just makes me so happy!

In any case, it definitely raises my hopes for Bandana Dee, K. Rool and Simon have been very popular picks for Smash since Brawl, and he notes how it was demand that got in Chrom and Dark Samus. Despite his detractors, Bandana Dee remains a very popular character for Smash, and I think that Sakurai must know this by now.

Lemme tell ya, I had my breath held during the Assist Trophy bit. I was so afraid that Bandana Dee would be made an Assist, but seeing Kawasaki instead really boosted my hopes. There is a part of me that's still afraid that Sakurai just won't want to put him in, but today's reveals still have me optimistic for his chances.

Heh, now that K. Rool is in, all I need is Bandana Dee, and then this roster is golden for me. Here's hoping that the Dee will get in alongside some other popular picks!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ok, so with Kawasaki as an assist and Bandana Dee nowhere to be found, I'm starting to think he's a lock. I don't wanna be too confident though (poor Ashley). Hopefully he makes it

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Here's my prediction for Bandana Dee's trailer. It begins with a shadowy figure walking towards through a hallway with light at the end of the tunnel, you can heard crowd cheers in the distance. Little Mac appears, walking onto stage similar to that of a UFC fighter with Doc Louis by his side. The crowd is completely in shadows due to the lights, with Doc giving Mac the advice of "this isn't your normal kind of fight Mac, this is a test of strength."

You hear the ringing of a bell and it cuts to Little Mac's fist swinging into the ground, destroying the ground. The camera pans out to show that a multitude of cinderblocks were destroyed, and pans out further to reveal he audience is full of Kirby characters like Sir Kibble and Knuckle Joe. The camera then pans right, then up as a ludicrous amount of cinder-blocks are shown towering into the sky. At the top sits Bandana Dee getting ready for the Megaton Punch, and his punch breaks through it all and it then explodes into his gameplay trailer. After his trailer it cuts back to a destroyed stadium, Bandana Dee holding a trophy and Doc Louis consoling Little Mac "better luck next time".
This would literally be my dream. I love Little Mac and so Dee's trailer including him would be incredible.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

Dang, this is something I could actually see happening. I HAVE A VERY BIG NEED.

Though to be fair, if Bandana Dee's trailer is of even half the quality of King K. Rool's and Simon's I'll be more than happy. Like holy **** these two were good.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Trailer idea:in the void there is a plat form with a portal,it shows all confirmed newcomers at a desk and getting permission from master hand,and then it’s bandana dees turn.at first master hand doesn’t see him but then he jumps on the desk and it says the bandana dee title card thing and it shows a montage of him and at the end of the trailer it shows tabun getting up from a platform in subspace and looking at the world map from the new story mode confirming subspace 2:the smashining

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Bandanna Waddle Dee is in my top three most likely newcomers; so count me in!

Wouldn't it be cool if his trailer was in the aftermath of K Rool's, perhaps taking care of Dedede before arming himself and taking on K Rool for disrespecting his king?

Staarih

Smash Master
So, I was thinking, since Dedede was in K. Rool’s trailer, could that in a way lead to a Bandana Dee trailer? If we’re talking ”assets” here, with Dedede having been animated for this trailer, they have the ”groundwork” done for him to use in another trailer. I remember the likes of Bowser Jr’s and Duck Hunt’s trailers (and others here and there during Smash 4) having pretty much same characters in them which had already appeared in previous trailers, and I figured that was because they had already been animated and easier to use, similar to what Dedede would be here.

Of course I ain’t no techy person and this could be a shot in the dark, but just a thought - as I feel Dedede would likely appear in BD’s trailer (more so than in a K. Rool trailer, one would think at least haha).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I am so happy Bandana Dee is now one of the most wanted newcomers in general.

Thank you so much for your support, guys.

Keep hoping!

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Guys what would Bandana dee do in a story mode,i think he would team up with a very serious character like snake for contrasting personalitys

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I was completely SHAKING during that Assist Trophy segment. Nevertheless, our little tangerine with a spear is still in the safe zone.

Little Mac looks up before BD breaks the cinder blocks as if to say: "Uh, really? This is my opponent?"
And when Bandana Dee shows his strength, Little Mac's expression completely changes. This is golden, and definitely something believable. Interesting to read!

I'm more optimistic about Bandana Dee than ever before now, this game is most definitely taking from what was wanted pre-Smash 4 and during the ballot era, and Bandana Dee had a significant presence there. Just looking at the newcomer forum after the Direct I think you could even make a pretty decent argument that he's the most popular character not yet in or disconfirmed, at least among the core speculation community.

Him not showing up as an AT is also huge, because clearly other characters who did well in the ballot but didn't make it are being honored in the form of ATs instead, like Shovel Knight. Of course we might not have seen all ATs, but Chief Kawasaki's inclusion makes me think that Kirby is covered, and I'm absolutely certain Bandana Dee would be an AT if he wasn't playable.
That's exactly my line of thinking. I'm not doubting his inclusion anymore. I have so much faith, it's ridiculous.

I know it. I can feel it! Smash Ultimate is his time to shine!

This game just screams fan service.

I am sure Bandana Dee will have at least a trophy, unlike last time.
I'm with you on that one, pal.

So, I was thinking, since Dedede was in K. Rool’s trailer, could that in a way lead to a Bandana Dee trailer? If we’re talking ”assets” here, with Dedede having been animated for this trailer, they have the ”groundwork” done for him to use in another trailer. I remember the likes of Bowser Jr’s and Duck Hunt’s trailers (and others here and there during Smash 4) having pretty much same characters in them which had already appeared in previous trailers, and I figured that was because they had already been animated and easier to use, similar to what Dedede would be here.

Of course I ain’t no techy person and this could be a shot in the dark, but just a thought - as I feel Dedede would likely appear in BD’s trailer (more so than in a K. Rool trailer, one would think at least haha).
I see this happening, too. In fact, I was wondering if BD's trailer would pick up exactly where K. Rool's left off. (Or rather, King Dedede fighting another line of royalty at least.)
I can see BD acting as the humble aid, and still serving as his own source of strength at that.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Top Bottom