• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Honestly I think Bandana Dee is without a ****in' doubt in now.

We now know that HAL is the developer, which will help get non-Sakurai Kirby content in the game, and we already see that a ton of new Kirby stuff is in. Masked Dedede is FINALLY his final Smash, and Meta Knight has a Galacta Knight alt.

Remember, Inklings are the BIG name, Ridley is the 10+ year old meme, and Daisy helped showcase the Echo Fighter mechanic. Obviously those guys had to have the big stage E3 reveal.

Stay strong my brothers.
Wait, did they actually confirm HAL is apart of development for this game? o.o

D

Deleted member

Look like we won't be getting a character announcement until a future nintendo direct.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That's great news!
Mr. Kirby, Mr. Metanite and Daedede Great join the Nintendo Switch "Super Smash Bros. Smash Bros. SPECIAL" released on December 7!
Tsumono Although it is a tough battlefield of all but ... surely okay! Please do your best as a representative of Pupupland! !

I wonder if this means anything about Bandana Dee's chances...

*sweats uncontrollably*

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Good luck guys! I'm not sure who's going to make the cut for the base roster, but hopefully it will be Dee's time to shine.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've lost a bit of confidence in his chances. But that's only really due to the confirmation of less newcomers than normal, so I've lost confidence in pretty much everyone. It's going to be a tough fight for those newcomer spots.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m still holding out hope for my favorite Round Boi! ❤ (Aside from Kirby himself of course)

At this point, the only newcomers I feel I really NEED are Elma, Rex & Pyra, and BWD. :D maybe also a Rhythm Heaven rep but I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
When I saw Dedede's new epic Final Smash I got nervous because I thought Bandana Dee would be in the background cheering for his king like in SSU.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
When I saw Dedede's new epic Final Smash I got nervous because I thought Bandana Dee would be in the background cheering for his king like in SSU.
If anything I think it's a good indication that Mr Sakurai acknowledges Modern Kirby more. And I think I know a certain someone he now considers a legitimate fighter now ..........right?

Troykv

Smash Master
Ridley would actually help BWD appear in the game... Smash Ultimate has a more... Please the Fanbase approach instead of feeling like a game filled with recency (with some exceptions) like last time.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
But Bandana Dee is recent too, he has like everything, popularity, uniqueness, importance and recency.

The only thing that could keep him out of the game is limited time and if Sakurai just doesn't consider him worthy for a personal reason, like Ridley in Smash 4.
Saying that for him a not giant Ridley that would not be able to fly freely would not be Ridley anymore, and now look at him, that looks like Ridley to me lol.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If anything I think it's a good indication that Mr Sakurai acknowledges Modern Kirby more. And I think I know a certain someone he now considers a legitimate fighter now ..........right?
wait how is dedede's final smash a reference to modern kirby?

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
This is a poll Source gaming did in the Smash 4 days around the the DLC had begun. It's supposed to represent who they think Japan's most wanted characters are.

As you can see, it actually did a pretty decent job of predicting who Sakurai would go for when it came to Smash 4 DLC and Smash Ultimate. Although a lot are veteran fighters, it still gives some perspective. He's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of characters that got added. If you're worried that Sakurai hasn't noticed Dee, then don't be. I'm positive he's noticed him. Whether or not he decides to add him is a completely different story tho lol

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
This is a poll Source gaming did in the Smash 4 days around the the DLC had begun. It's supposed to represent who they think Japan's most wanted characters are.

As you can see, it actually did a pretty decent job of predicting who Sakurai would go for when it came to Smash 4 DLC and Smash Ultimate. Although a lot are veteran fighters, it still gives some perspective. He's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of characters that got added. If you're worried that Sakurai hasn't noticed Dee, then don't be. I'm positive he's noticed him. Whether or not he decides to add him is a completely different story tho lol
Ya Bandana Dee still has a chance. I've been keeping up newcomer discussion, popularity polls and etc Bandana Dee seems to always show up.

1. Reddit Smash Bros Mega Poll

2. Poll from Gamefaq: RotomGuy3

3. Another Source Gaming Poll

4. Here's the results from a 4chan poll they had in one of the smash threads. Although to be fair a lot of people seem to have Bandana Dee there, but that's probably due to their counter culture nature and people wanting to bait.

5. Let's not forget the merchandise.

6. On Twitter you can see a lot of love for our boy. People in the comments of the recent Smash Kirby tweet are asking for our boy just scroll down. / Lets not forget the countless posts and tweets about our boy.

Resetera is pretty much the only place where I think I have't seen Bandana Waddle Dee appear in a poll. ResetEra Poll
This is pretty much the stuff I can think of right now for showcasing Bandana Dee's popularity, but I think you guys get the point.

The E3 direct seems to have really went out of their way to try to deconfirm characters so people wouldn't get their hypes up (Waluigi, Bomberman and etc). We have yet to see Bandana Dee in any of this. On top of that with this smash going for less newcomer I assume they will go for the cream of the crop picks for newcomers (most popular, most unique moveset potential and etc) which Bandana Dee has going for him. Even if he doesn't get in the base game there is still hope for DeeLC. Don't lose hope brothers and sisters. Continue to show support and lets get him in Smash!

3d45fca700dc4960ba09e84bc6001a3c.png

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Can someone run a fact check on this? https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442 Memoryman3 apparently did a Datamine on Wooly World 3ds and found that 2 characters with only 1 amiibo (currently) have multiple amiibo that can be used in the game. One was Daisy (Because why would he bring it up) And the other was Waddle Dee. It doesn't mean He is getting into Smash, but it probably does mean they planned for him to have a second amiibo in the future, and with Star Allies out, Smash is the only thing i could see.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Ya Bandana Dee still has a chance. I've been keeping up newcomer discussion, popularity polls and etc Bandana Dee seems to always show up.

1. Reddit Smash Bros Mega Poll

2. Poll from Gamefaq: RotomGuy3

3. Another Source Gaming Poll

4. Here's the results from a 4chan poll they had in one of the smash threads. Although to be fair a lot of people seem to have Bandana Dee there, but that's probably due to their counter culture nature and people wanting to bait.

5. Let's not forget the merchandise.

6. On Twitter you can see a lot of love for our boy. People in the comments of the recent Smash Kirby tweet are asking for our boy just scroll down. / Lets not forget the countless posts and tweets about our boy.

Resetera is pretty much the only place where I think I have't seen Bandana Waddle Dee appear in a poll. ResetEra Poll
This is pretty much the stuff I can think of right now for showcasing Bandana Dee's popularity, but I think you guys get the point.

The E3 direct seems to have really went out of their way to try to deconfirm characters so people wouldn't get their hypes up (Waluigi, Bomberman and etc). We have yet to see Bandana Dee in any of this. On top of that with this smash going for less newcomer I assume they will go for the cream of the crop picks for newcomers (most popular, most unique moveset potential and etc) which Bandana Dee has going for him. Even if he doesn't get in the base game there is still hope for DeeLC. Don't lose hope brothers and sisters. Continue to show support and lets get him in Smash!

View attachment 148228
I've seen a lot of Japanese fans comment on the Kirby SSBU tweet about waddle-chan so I think we only need to wait now for him to come

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
That's great news!
Mr. Kirby, Mr. Metanite and Daedede Great join the Nintendo Switch "Super Smash Bros. Smash Bros. SPECIAL" released on December 7!
Tsumono Although it is a tough battlefield of all but ... surely okay! Please do your best as a representative of Pupupland! !

I wonder if this means anything about Bandana Dee's chances...

*sweats uncontrollably*
After scrolling a bit in the SmashBrosJP account, I can tell you, unfortunately, no.

Every series' official account is doing that. Reporting the news of the new smash, noting who of the series will join.

Not that it harmed his chance tho. Just that the tweet has no special meaning.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Rex & Pyra
Please no. Keep that awful game out of Smash :< Elma would be super cool, though.

Anyways, Waddle Dee still have a chance. Not a lot of new challengers doesn't mean no new challengers, after all.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
SSBU Prediction Roster.png

This is my final roster prediction for Smash Ultimate. 8 Newcomers for Smash Ultimate with 3 already been revealed. I'm basing this off of the popularity polls, particularly the ones by Source Gaming. We will get one new reveal per month leading up to the reveal, likely within a Nintendo Direct.

I ordered the cast based on the "Display By Series" order on the website. With the earliest series put first, then ordered by oldest-to-newest within that game series.

The only one I'm iffy about is Spring-Man, so that's the one I would replace if Simon Belmont, Banjo & Kazooie, or even sans get in before Spring Man

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
View attachment 148372

This is my final roster prediction for Smash Ultimate. 8 Newcomers for Smash Ultimate with 3 already been revealed. I'm basing this off of the popularity polls, particularly the ones by Source Gaming. We will get one new reveal per month leading up to the reveal, likely within a Nintendo Direct.

I ordered the cast based on the "Display By Series" order on the website. With the earliest series put first, then ordered by oldest-to-newest within that game series.
I have this atm order by the introducing of characters. I really feel that since they made a point between normal and echos mean we are getting more. Either way, Dee imo is probably the 2nd (3rd if you believe Simon) most likely behind K.Rool.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Bandanna Dee is on my prediction roster as well, as you can see in my signature. I 100% anticipate that this Smash will focus heavily on fanservice - it already is with every veteran returning "for the fans" and Sakurai going back on his word just to please the Ridley crowd. Bandanna Dee, as we've seen through countless polls, is an incredibly popular choice, and while he may not have the sheer star power that Ridley did, he has practically everything else going for him: relevancy, feasibility as a fighter, staying power, etc. The only way I can see Bandanna Dee missing the roster entirely is if some serious Sakurbias comes into play and/or he gets edged out by more historically requested choices like Geno and K. Rool, but even considering that slim possibility, I have a very good feeling about this lad. Which is good, because I like him a lot; Spear is one of my favorite abilities to just mess around with, and I'm excited to get to play around with it in Smash!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's been a little while since I've been here, so forgive me if it's been done before but; what's everyone's hopes for a new Kirby stage? Part of me wants a Rainbow Curse themed one as the claymation style is kind of pretty in a slightly unusual way, but I definitely wouldn't want to see Dee in that style as a fighter...;;

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Dedede no throwing Waddle Dees or having Bandana Waddle Dee in the audience of his Final Smash are good signs. I mean, they don't confirm him, but they don't put a damper on his chances like Toad's new uses hurting Captain Toad.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's been a little while since I've been here, so forgive me if it's been done before but; what's everyone's hopes for a new Kirby stage? Part of me wants a Rainbow Curse themed one as the claymation style is kind of pretty in a slightly unusual way, but I definitely wouldn't want to see Dee in that style as a fighter...;;
I want... anything from the new games!

I would like the Lor Starcutter or Another Dimension, personally, but I know Return to Dream Land is kinda old now.
Dedede's castle would be cool too.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Dedede no throwing Waddle Dees or having Bandana Waddle Dee in the audience of his Final Smash are good signs. I mean, they don't confirm him, but they don't put a damper on his chances like Toad's new uses hurting Captain Toad.
I wouldn't say that hurts Captain Toad. A normal Toad/Blue Toad sure, but i wasn't expecting Captain Toad to play like a normal toad.
I want... anything from the new games!

I would like the Lor Starcutter or Another Dimension, personally, but I know Return to Dream Land is kinda old now.
Dedede's castle would be cool too.
New Dedede Castle or Gameboy Dedede Castle from 3ds?

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Since other people are sharing their roster predictions, I guess I'll share mine too
It's somewhat realistic but probably a little too hopeful.

Daisy, Dark Pit, Lucina, Dixie Kong and Impa are echo fighters.
13 newcomers isn't so insane yeah? really as long as Bandana Dee, Qbby and Banjo get in I will be happy.
Most of these were chosen based on popularity and fan demand. but with a few other personally biased choices thrown in. Sakurai does love his out of left field oddball choices after all so anything is possible
I'm also going to predict that our fist DLC pack will be Springman with a Ribbongirl Echo. and ARMS stage and probably some Mii fighter costumes based on other ARMS characters.

as for new kirby stages for smash.... I kinda feel like the Dreamstalk could be a pretty neat stage if done correctly. maybe as some sort of vertically scrolling stage where you have to climb its vines and leaves as you go. passing Kirby's house and Dedede's castle before finally ending at the top of the tower where the screen stops scrolling and now you have to deal with a Queen Sectonia stage hazard. given i predicted the great cave offensive in smash 4. let's see if I'm right again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to see modern Kirby is getting more representation! I hope we see a modern Kirby stage, but changing King Dedede's Final Smash to Masked Dedede / his fight in Revenge of the King in KSSU is a step in the right direction for more post-Sakurai era Kirby content.

I am still hoping that Bandana Dee will be playable. Been a supporter since the beginning and I will see through to the end.

Can someone run a fact check on this? https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442 Memoryman3 apparently did a Datamine on Wooly World 3ds and found that 2 characters with only 1 amiibo (currently) have multiple amiibo that can be used in the game. One was Daisy (Because why would he bring it up) And the other was Waddle Dee. It doesn't mean He is getting into Smash, but it probably does mean they planned for him to have a second amiibo in the future, and with Star Allies out, Smash is the only thing i could see.
Minus the source of the datamine, this is an interesting find but I don't think it means that much. It's kind of a stretch to think the roster for Smash Ultimate was made that far in advance. I would be impressed if it was the case, though.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Minus the source of the datamine, this is an interesting find but I don't think it means that much. It's kind of a stretch to think the roster for Smash Ultimate was made that far in advance. I would be impressed if it was the case, though.
I wouldn't call it that far-fetched, considering Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World came out in early 2017 and the roster was likely decided in mid-2016. I wouldn't call it anything to bank on, per se, but it is something to consider.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about everyone else but I hope shulk becomes a top tier character so that kirby can use his monado art.

Top Bottom