• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There's many rumours of a Nintendo Direct very soon, I wonder if we'll get a surprise Dee?

gebi

Cloud Prince
Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster. But i would love to see the cute little orange dee himself make it in. He is by far my favorite kirby character and would be a simple yet fresh new character. Things are looking great for him all things considered and i just want to remind you all to not give up hope!

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo Life says that there is gonna be a Nintendo Deerect in the next 48 hours!! Cross your fingers guys!! It might be our time to get him finally :bluejump:

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
...Midnight for me.
Frick.
Well guess I'll be going to sleep extremely early to wake myself up like half an hour before the direct starts

EDIT: I already told myself I'd watch it despite having to wake up at 6AM the next morning
I'm gonna go through with that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m hoping for both Elma and our Round Boi(TM) tomorrow!!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
8am for me.. i am NOT a morning person. but I will definitely be getting up to watch this.

I wasn't expecting a direct for a few more weeks. it still feels so soon since the Smash direct.
this feels like it could be his time. I don't want to get my hopes up. but a smaller general direct to reveal a character and maybe an echo or two feels right.

It's going to be a tense day and a half while we wait for this.
Best of luck to us brigade :)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Feels like Dee's as safe a pick as any for tomorrow. He's got popularity with the Smash fans and familiarity with the more casual Nintendo fans.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hey, I just wanted to give you all good luck with your character getting into smash.

I'll always be good with more Kirby representation, so I wish you guys luck!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I feel like Dee has a chance for tomorow.
Could be any kind of reveal tho.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say Bandanna Dee's chances are the best for a reveal here. That or a Pokemon.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Still holding onto hope that my very stretchy theory is right:

Ridley, a mostly western hyped character, was revealed at a western conference.
K. Rool, arguably one of, if not the most requested character worldwide, was revealed at the smash direct.
Tokyo Game Show is soon.
I hope one of Japan's favourite picks will be revealed this time.
I'm pretty much very stretching it, as Nintendo's exhibition this year (which I believe is the first they've ever done) is at the business-only area but I can hope damnit.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Here to wish you guys good luck tomorrow, it would be amazing to see the beloved bandana boy get into Smash.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Bandees chances are indescribably high right now, we know that as a fact, but lets not get our hopes up too much. I mean, we should get hyped for tomorrow, but lets not set ourselves up for disappointment. Ya feel me?

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Bandees chances are indescribably high right now, we know that as a fact, but lets not get our hopes up too much. I mean, we should get hyped for tomorrow, but lets not set ourselves up for disappointment. Ya feel me?
I’ve considered Dee a lock for a few weeks now I’m prepared to be disappointed at this point.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Sweet I'm free all after noon. This is going to either make or break my Thursday.. well I'm lying it'll still be hype. But please be our Boi or reddish orange and blue boi. We should also not forget the echoes if they decide to show multiple characters. That reminds me what would his fan chant be? You know Roy has Roy's our Boy and Snake has the whole node to his game over thing. I wonder his will go?

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
When if Bandana Dee gets revealed tomorrow/later down the line should we try to write our own thank you letter to Sakurai like the K.Rool group did?
Yes please the man works to the bone along with the smash team to make it peak perfection. The very least we could do is thank them for all of thier work.

Maikou

Smash Ace
When if Bandana Dee gets revealed tomorrow/later down the line should we try to write our own thank you letter to Sakurai like the K.Rool group did?
Yes please the man works to the bone along with the smash team to make it peak perfection. The very least we could do is thank them for all of thier work.
Exactly. I mean, despite everything Sakurai and his team have done, a lot of people have still been ungrateful pricks. We need to show our appreciation.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I've got a personal hype wishlist for tomorrow myself; but BDee is extremely likely as well and I'd be glad to see the little guy show up! I'm just glad we'll probably get a reveal without another assist trophy massacre lol

Last edited:

Gigi14

Smash Rookie
I don't want to get my hopes up, but I could see BWD getting revealed tomorrow. But if he's not, there's still three months left anyway.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Hello I am from the Skull Kid support thread, a member by the name of Bandanna_Waddle_Dee
left a nice comment wishing us good luck, his post inspired me to tell you guys, good luck!
I also want to add, I think Waddle Dee has a great chance of getting revealed tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I really hope the Bandanna Dee dream comes true tomorrow. It just feels right to me. But hey, even if Dee isn’t revealed tomorrow, we’ve still got a long way until release, keep hope everyone!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You would be the most inducing, "LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY" thing Nintendo could do for the subscription service?

Whoever pays it gains a demo of Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Literally all of the money gone from the gaming world.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
A Deerect is on the horizon.
That is all I will look into. I will build up no false hope for myself. I am expecting his arrival, but I don't want to take every instance of Nintendo news as an opportunity for him. (Although a general direct it the perfect time to announce him-- Dang it I'm building up false hope anyways!)

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I betcha money that it's just the generic usual Pokemon newcomer. Probably that Edgy Tony the Tiger with a hard to remember name.

Do normal directs usually show actual smash content? I can't remember. I just want more Assist Trophies revealed. Rip that band-aid off ASAP please

EDIT:

Oh shoot fellows! You guys remember that ballot that the (unofficial) Smash Bros News twitter held? Well here are the results. Our boy continues to do amazingly!

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1037437559343865856

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I betcha money that it's just the generic usual Pokemon newcomer. Probably that Edgy Tony the Tiger with a hard to remember name.

Do normal directs usually show actual smash content? I can't remember. I just want more Assist Trophies revealed. Rip that band-aid off ASAP please

EDIT:

Oh shoot fellows! You guys remember that ballot that the (unofficial) Smash Bros News twitter held? Well here are the results. Our boy continues to do amazingly!

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1037437559343865856
nice to see bandana dee so high but its kind sad to see some of those third party characters so high as well

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Goodluck for tomorrow's direct guys! I'm rooting for Isaac and geno but I'd be happy to see bandana see as well, hes definitely an interesting character and the kirby franchise definitely needs more representation in smash. I'm confident that he'll be in ultimate at some point. cheers!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
nice to see bandana dee so high but its kind sad to see some of those third party characters so high as well
Which ones? I think they're all legit good character choices. except for Sans, Wright, and Shantae. The first two are meme votes and the third is literally nothing. The rest are long standing and extremely iconic figures of gaming.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I have never been an official supporter of the character but I spend enough time defending him I suppose I should join the cause, besides Kirby needs it's number 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Which ones? I think they're all legit good character choices. except for Sans, Wright, and Shantae. The first two are meme votes and the third is literally nothing. The rest are long standing and extremely iconic figures of gaming.
sans, crash, shante, that doom chap, rayman, shadow and geno i dont think they have any business in smash, expect shadow

dont see how phoenix is a meme choice, he been suggested for longer than most of the other third parties there

Top Bottom