• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

More Dream Allies soon would be cool. I expect two more packs. This last pack was a Retro pack, maybe the next two could be console and handheld characters.

Console: Adeleine, Prince Fluff, Magolor
Handheld: Daroach, Taranza, Susie
I agree with the choices (on the fence with Fluff due to him being a spinoff character, but he's the only option that makes sense), but I feel like they're gonna go for release order rather than handheld/console packs.
2000-2010: Adeleine, Daroach, Fluff
2011-2016: Magolor, Taranza, Susie

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Crazy thought: Why not both Ribbon and Adeleine? Maybe Ribbon can carry Adeleine around so she can have multiple jumps?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Ribbon and Adeleine would make go nuts because I have been hoping that they would reappear in the series since I love Kirby 64 so much.

Troykv

Smash Master

Tomorrow... Considering the hour is very likely the reveal is Wave 2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I was about to post that!

Let's hope it's something cool!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
BTW, Kirby Star Allies has already shipped over a million copies worldwide. A good performance as usual from Kirby.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I've been enjoying Star Allies quite a bit and am mind-blown at just how many valid character picks there are. Certainly no shortage of characters in the Kirby universe. Bandana Dee isn't my first pick, mainly because it's hard to get excited about him compared to other more distinctive characters like Marx or Chef Kawasaki, but he does have the edge in prominence. I think Bandana Dee's the most likely pick if there is another Kirby rep. I'd never rule out the possibility of new Kirby characters. So I'd say there's a decent chance for him.

Last edited:

Dragons Kin

Smash Cadet
Newest tweet in the series.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Looks like Ribbon is happening.
That's just pointing out rare Easter Eggs already in the game. Doesn't really mean much.

D

Deleted member

Crazy thought: Why not both Ribbon and Adeleine? Maybe Ribbon can carry Adeleine around so she can have multiple jumps?
I feel like that's what they're gonna go for, I can't really see Adeleine playing very differently fron the artist ability if Ribbon isn't involved in her moveset in some form.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Newest tweet in the series.
HOLY CRUD! DYNA BLADE IS IN STAR ALLIES?! Why am I just hearing about this now?!

Has anyone translated this tweet yet?

D

Deleted member

Has anyone translated this tweet yet?
According to google translate it says (rough translation of course):
"I feel excited when I can find Secret! It is a reporter Waddi.
"Star Allize special channel" delivered today in "Game News" of Nintendo Switch 4th!
This time it is being talked about secret hidden in "World Map"! It is a necessity check ~!"
tl;dr they're gonna reveal something big tomorrow.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
According to google translate it says (rough translation of course):
"I feel excited when I can find Secret! It is a reporter Waddi.
"Star Allize special channel" delivered today in "Game News" of Nintendo Switch 4th!
This time it is being talked about secret hidden in "World Map"! It is a necessity check ~!"
tl;dr they're gonna reveal something big tomorrow.
More than likely wave 2 for sure.

D

Deleted member

More than likely wave 2 for sure.
Sure am hoping that's the case.
New dream friends are always exciting and I'm dying to learn the identity of the wave 2 dream friend that's not Adeleine or Daroach.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
BTW, Kirby Star Allies has already shipped over a million copies worldwide. A good performance as usual from Kirby.
It sold 1.26 million units in only 2 weeks, that's amazing! It's already about to beat XC2, ARMS, and Kirby: Planet Robobot in sales soon. If it keeps going at this rate, it may even outsell Superstar Ultra, as the 2nd best selling Kirby game of all time.

I really do hope that they include Star Allies content into Smash with all this success that it's having. If too late for the base game, then DLC for sure. If it's only a bunch of Kirby content from Super Star again then I'd be SUPER disappointed...

D

Deleted member

I really do hope that they include Star Allies content into Smash with all this success that it's having. If too late for the base game, then DLC for sure. If it's only a bunch of Kirby content from Super Star again then I'd be SUPER disappointed...
You and me both. One of the things I want most from this game is some post-Superstar Kirby content besides some music. That's probably why I like the idea of Bandana Dee so much; it would just be really cool to see modern Kirby acknowledged in Smash.

It's kinda like how all that Mario got in Smash 4 was just NSMB stuff. It's not that that stuff is bad per say, it's just that those games really aren't the best showcase of the more creative and fun parts of Mario. They were all kinda generic and even more samey than some accuse Kirby games of being, lol. Granted, Kirby Superstar has a lot more creativity in it than the likes of NSMB, but I think the point remains that it's dominated too much of Kirby's Smash presence and it would be nice to see Sakurai branch out of his comfort zone a little bit.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

Kirby JP twitter posted this for the finale of Kirby's 25th anniversary. I think it translates to something about having a concert featuring the four newest games. Regardless, this is some really cool artwork (:

EDIT: Nevermind about the concert thing haha. It was just talking about the amazing year Kirby had with four games and a concert taken place.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Kirby JP twitter posted this for the finale of Kirby's 25th anniversary. I think it translates to something about having a concert featuring the four newest games. Regardless, this is some really cool artwork (:
They also officially changed the Anniversary Twitter Username to Kirby_JP

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

EDIT: Nevermind about the concert thing haha. It was just talking about the amazing year Kirby had with four games and a concert taken place.
Sakurai can't ignore modern Kirby forever.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Also I just realized in that artwork, Bandana Dee is a lot more of a darker red color than the two Waddle Dees on the right.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well... apparently the rest of the Dream Friends got leaked.

Dark Meta Knight and the Mages are definitely the most unexpected things here (though I didn't think Daroach would actually happen, I saw plenty of people think he was coming).

:094:

Dark Meta Knight and the Mages are definitely the most unexpected things here (though I didn't think Daroach would actually happen, I saw plenty of people think he was coming).

Damn I know some people who will be happy to see Adeline return.

Intersted in seeing Magalor and Susie myself.
:061:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Pretty happy to see Dark Meta Knight, hopefully between this and his appearance in Triple Deluxe it'll be enough to get a proper Dark Meta Knight costume in Smash instead of what we got in Smash 4. Adeleine is also pretty surprising, really didn't expect her to return at any time again. Magolor will also be ace, although he was completely expected.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dark Meta Knight? Other than that, nothing too suprising. Good to see that Dark Matter didn't get in, once BD gets in he's Marx's only threat. Also, where's Hyness?

D

Deleted member

Oh cool, new Dream Friend leak.

...Adeleine is in? My favorite Kirby character? OK.

...AaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAH!!! YES! Ha ha, yes! I wanted her playable sooooo bad! Hearing this news has officially made my day. I kinda wish I didn't know now, though; the wait to see her revealed officially is gonna be hard, lol.

Oh yeah, the rest are cool too. Dark Meta Knight is surprising, and Daroach is gonna be a HUGE nostalgia trip for me, seeing as how Squeak Squad was my first Kirby.

Also, the Mages are dope. I wonder if them and Hyness are planned for something bigger than just a Dream Friend update? I certainly hope so, at least; there's so much potential there!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
called three of wave 3, quite pleased to see daroach back, did hope to see fluff but oh well

D

Deleted member

Gamefaqs huh? That place is a strange bizzare place, don't matter everyone's entitled to their options but the Dee's chances are high and should not be discounted.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Huh, neat stuff! Didn't expect Dark Meta Knight of all people, but regardless, I'm excited to use all these guys.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was curious if we'd get an Amazing Mirror Character

But DAROACH!!!!!!! FORGET THE STUPID PAINTER THE LEADER OF THE SQUEAK SQUAD RISES!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I called it but OH YES MY GIRL SUSIE IS IN
The jambastion mages are a surprise, but the idea did cross my mind so it's not a complete surprise.
Dark Meta Knight was definitely the most unexpected addition though.

D

Deleted member

I called it but OH YES MY GIRL SUSIE IS IN
The jambastion mages are a surprise, but the idea did cross my mind so it's not a complete surprise.
Dark Meta Knight was definitely the most unexpected addition though.
I forgot to mention it in my last post (mainly do to me freaking out over Adeleine, lol), but I'm really happy Susie's in too. Robobot is my favorite in the franchise right now, so I'm excited to see remixed levels from it in Guest Star and to see Susie's move-set. I kinda think she'll be Marx levels of broken, though, depending on how they handle her.

Can't wait for the official reveal of this stuff! All these new characters keep me coming back to the game to beat all the modes with them, which is pretty great and helps add even more value to the game imo. I may even try my hand at legit speedrunning it when Adeleine gets added in!

My guess is that it's gonna be a part of Nintendo's E3, with Wave 2 launching during day 1 of Tree House Live and Wave 3 being sometime in the fall/early winter.

Top Bottom