• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I keep playing Star Allies and I still have no idea how to Bandana fly.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well, consider me a supporter, I researched on Bandana Dee and I think he would make a great addition. Sadly, I haven't played any Kirby games that feature him, I only really played Kirby 64 and apparently the Waddle Dee in that game is the same person which would be great. After playing the demo on Star Allies however, I might consider getting that sometime down the line.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Here it is. May have taken a bit of influence from other Dee movesets. Will probably update it over time with more details.
Jab: Thrusts forward with his spear. Repeatedly tapping a will make him do a flurry of stabs, finishing with a much more powerfull thrust.​
Side-tilt: A parasol emerges from the spear, which Dee swings forward. Shoots water droplets as a short range projectile. Holding A will make Dee twirl the parasol in place for a maximum of four seconds.

Up-tilt: Thrusts his spear upwards.

Down-tilt: Pokes with his spear while crouching. Can make opponents trip.

Side-smash: Quickly thrust his extending spear forward. (Similar to Corrin's side-smash)

Up-smash: Activates the Chumbrella and holds it above him.

Down-smash: Swings his spear in a circle around him.

Dash-attack: Pole vaults using his spear, sending him forward while he holds a jumpkick pose.

Neutral-air: Thrusts the tip of forward and down, then the bud of the spear back and up, the tip dorward and up and finally the bud back and down.

Forward-air: Holds his spear above him and stabs downward while doing a flip. Has a meteor effect. (Similar to DK's fair)

Up-air: Briefly stabs with his spear above him.

Back-air: Kicks behind him.

Down-air: Moon Drop, works similar to how it does in the games.

Get up-attack1: Thrust his spear forward and back.

Get up-attack:2: Pokes his spear into the grond and twirls his body around it.

Ledge-attack: Swings his spear overhead.

Grab: Holds his spear forward to hook in his opponent.

Pummel: Gives his opponent a quick poke.

Forward-throw: Opens up the spike of his spear to reveal a Beam orb and uses Capture beam to shoot his opponent forward with sparks.

Up-throw: Uses Circle Throw on the opponent, twirling them around on the parasol and throwing them upwards.

Down-throw: Slams his opponent on the ground and stabs them with his spear downwards.

Back-throw: Gets behind his opponent's back and swipes them away with his spear.

Neutral-special: Spear Throw~ Throws a spear in an an arch. Works the same like it does in the games, tho it cannot be spammed.

Side-special: Parasol Drill~ Slides forwards while twirling the parasol. Hits the opponent multiple times and launches them when Dee comes to a stop. Similar to Falcon Kick and Wizard's foort will go diagonally downwards when used mid-air. Can also deflect projectiles.

Up-special: Spear Copter~ Spins his spear above him at high speeds, causing him to fly around freely. Works similar to how it does in the games but can't be acted out of and can't be used to juggle opponents to kill-zones.

Down-special: Waddle Dee jump~ Hops forward and falls flat on this face. Is a weak attack when used on the ground but has super armor and does great shield damage. When used in the air, Bandana Dee will continue falling diagonally downwards with no way to recover but the power increases severely the higher his falling distance.

Final-Smash: Megaton Punch~ Bandana Dee uppercuts his opponent(s) to the arena where the Megaton Punch Championships are held, where they find themself infront of a pair of concrete blocks, with Bandana Dee on top. Dee is charging a punch and unleashes it as the blocks get destroyed and the ground underneath him cracks, which severely damage his opponents. After Popstar gets seen almost cracked in half, they return to the stage. Bandana Dee swipes away his sweat as his opponents are launched.​

Last edited:

DeeDz

Smash Rookie
This is my take on Bandana Dee's moveset
NORMAL ATTACKS.
Jab: Attacks with his spear 3 times and finishes it off with a blow. 2%-3% for normal and 5% for finishing blow.
Down Attack: Crouches and slides. Has a chance of tripping. Good for ledge attacks. 4%
forward Attack: Spins his spear and pecks the enemy. The farther the stronger. 4% close 5% near the handle 6% Tip of the spear. Decent knockback
Up Attack: Simply swipes his spear up. 5%-6%
Run Attack: Does the waddle dee fall. 4%-5%

AERIAL ATTACKS.
Aerial Neutral: Spins his spear around. Does multiple damages. 1% for each attack 5 attacks in 1 second.
Aerial Upward: Pecks the opponent. 5$
Aerial Forward: Spear becomes a wand and shock opponent. 5% altogether.
Aerial Backward: Dee will spin 180 degrees and kick the opponent. 6%
Aerial downward: Spins the spear downwards. Similiar to aerial neutral but it will boost you up a bit. 5%-6%

SMASH ATTACKS
Smash attack forward: Brings a parasol and attacks with it, small water droplets come out.(By ssf2). uncharged 5% 9% fully charged. Has decent knockback.
Smash attack downwards: Jumps on his spear and does a kicking spin attack. 4% uncharged, 8% charged.
Smash attack upwards: Attacks upwards with his wand and shocks the opponent. Not that strong but has amazing knockback. 3% uncharged, 7% charged.

GRABS.
Pummel: pokes the opponent with a spear.
Forward grab: Spins and smashes the opponent on the ground. If near edge it could do an instant kill for both of you.
Backward grab: Throws the enemy and stabs with a spear. Good for knockback.
Downward grab: Will put you on the ground and attacks with his fist. (megaton punch.)
Upward grab: Encases the opponent with beam and send flying in the air.

SPECIAL ATTACKS.
Neutral special: Throws his spear. Traps the enemy if on the ground. Can charge for three spears but will send a cooldown for this move. (Animation will be BD taking a really short nap.).
Forward special. Combines parasol and wand together and charges with his parasol, with a short beam surrounding the parasol. If done in the air, he will strike down.
Downward special:
Upward special: Bandana Dee will spin his spear upwards, dealing damage. Gives a boost and will make you glide down slowly.

MISCELLANEOUS:
Taunt 1: Bandana slips down on his face as he struggles to get it on properly.
Taunt 2: Does some cool spear tricks but drops it on his head. He covers his head for a short time.
Taunt 3: Jumps on his spear trying to balance on it but falls down and sheepishly stands up.
Shield: Surrounds himself with his parasol.
Evade down: Simply just goes down while putting his parasol to the side.
Evade air: Does a cool backflip.
Evade forwards. Does a summersault.
Evade back: Places his stick in front of him and jumps on top of it.
Shield brake: Sleeps... He just sleeps.
Victory win 1: Does the Kirby dance and... Fails
Victory win 2: Does a cool spin but ends up facing the wrong way.
Victory win 3: Sleeps but suddenly wakes up and struggles to find his spear. (On his back.)

FINAL SMASH.
BD final smash will be the following. Smashes the ground has a range of 3/4 of final destination. Whoever gets trapped will be stuck in space. Bandana Dee will come out with all the friends in Kirby Star Allies and they will all attack until they all leave and Bandana Dee Strikes with a largely armored spear. Everyone will comeback to the stage and fly away.

Colors: BLUE RED GREEN FOR TEAM. A PURPLE DEE WITH A PINK BANDANA, A YELLOW DEE WITH YELLOW BANDANA (banana dee lol) A BLACK EDGEY DEE WITH RED EYES AND DARK RED BANDANA.A PINK DEE WITH RED FEET AND RED BANDANA. THE 3 OTHER ONES ARE ALTERNATIVE SKINS. ONE OF THEM IS A NORMAL WADDLE DEE. THE SECOND IS A SHIP BANDANA DEE. AND THE LAST IS A KING DEDEDE SKIN WITH HIS HAT AND COLORS.
And that's all I think.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I have yet to play a single kirby game but he's one of my most wanted characters, waddle dees are cute and spears are cool

If anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears, I'm not really interested in star allies cause it's weirdly expensive over here, at least on amazon. I'm interested in planet robobot but idk if I should play triple deluxe before that or what.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Wew, I know this is from a joke wiki but this page is garbage nonetheless. Very obviously made by a Deetractor that has no idea what he's talking about. Even goes on to insult our support group. Calling us a ''cult'' and through a quote, calling Hypernovaguy64 Hypernovaguy64 ''some ret****''. Absolutely Deegusting. :glare:

Feel free to edit it. (preferably still having some jokey theme) You guys can probably do it better than I could.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have yet to play a single kirby game but he's one of my most wanted characters, waddle dees are cute and spears are cool

If anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears, I'm not really interested in star allies cause it's weirdly expensive over here, at least on amazon. I'm interested in planet robobot but idk if I should play triple deluxe before that or what.
perhaps adventure wii then, i imagine copies wont be to much by now

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
it is but I'd want a physical copy tbh
Fair enough, and you can't go wrong with Triple Deluxe anyway. I feel it's one of the best entry points to the series. Great level design and bosses, and superb music. And if you enjoy it, Planet Robobot makes for a great follow up.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Yo ho! I beat star allies so i can stop avoiding this thread now! Im here now fully yay!

I got to say i love how before the star allies update it was just bandana as the first ally, i love how much he keeps being shown as kirbies bestie and friend lately, especially in battle royale

D

Deleted member

My experience with the Kirby games has been touch and go as well I've barely played them that probably will never change. But I've what I've seen and Waddle Bandana Dee was a character I gravitated to most. So as my fondness for the pink puff grows so does my appreciation for the spear wielder which, hopefully culminates in his smash in his smash inclusion.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wew, I know this is from a joke wiki but this page is garbage nonetheless. Very obviously made by a Deetractor that has no idea what he's talking about. Even goes on to insult our support group. Calling us a ''cult'' and through a quote, calling Hypernovaguy64 Hypernovaguy64 ''some ret****''. Absolutely Deegusting. :glare:

Feel free to edit it. (preferably still having some jokey theme) You guys can probably do it better than I could.
WTF XD

It's OK, it's a joke, also a joke made by gamefaqs, home of trolls.
I wouldn't worry about it.

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It seems Bandana Dee reached a point of popularity that he has become controversial. Especially on gamefaqs where people have become bothered by his high chances and strong fanbase that they feel need to point out "Boring" "Generic" and "Kirby is fine as is" or the occasional "Xcharacter from Kirby is better"

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It seems Bandana Dee reached a point of popularity that he has become controversial. Especially on gamefaqs where people have become bothered by his high chances and strong fanbase that they feel need to point out "Boring" "Generic" and "Kirby is fine as is" or the occasional "Xcharacter from Kirby is better"
Yeah, Dee is happening first, and this is coming from a huge Marx supporter.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
You know if people want to talk **** let them. talk is cheap. If bandana dee does get in their whine will be perfect with some Cheese.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

WHOA GUYS! I'M FAMOUS!!:eek:

I'd like to thank my family, my friends, my fingers for doing the typing and-- hold on.. I'm getting... s-so emotional. *Sniff*:cry:
A-And I'd like to give a big thanks to my Uncle Chicken Nugget!

...no but seriously, I got a good chuckle out of this. 2 years ago, I would have gone nuts and tried to physically hunt down the guy who did this, but I taught myself to appreciate jokes like this. ;)
Not personally offended, but even if he was trying to insult us, let's just keep in mind we're not the only ones getting opposition for the characters we want in the game. :p

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Lol.

Don't worry about it, I've learned to just ignore that kind of negativity. I've been mocked by numerous people for supporting and liking a "goomba with a hat" since 2012 and still going strong with my support for him. ;)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think I remember Little Mac receiving similar complaints because all he does is punch. Obviously not enough to prevent getting in Smash. Here's hoping to a cool unique moveset to prove those naysayers wrong. Their salt will fuel us

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
bandana dee is doing his best and i'm proud of him, please put him in smash because he deserves it

there are other characters i particularly want more but bandana dee deserves this

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think BD has a good chance this time around. I think a small part in why he didn't make it last time was because Sakurai was getting criticized for having a Kirby bias back in Brawl (for adding 2 of the most well-known and popular characters left, seems fair). Now that people have moved on to saying that he has a bias against Kirby now, I think BD might be the perfect addition.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I think BD has a good chance this time around. I think a small part in why he didn't make it last time was because Sakurai was getting criticized for having a Kirby bias back in Brawl (for adding 2 of the most well-known and popular characters left, seems fair). Now that people have moved on to saying that he has a bias against Kirby now, I think BD might be the perfect addition.
And it's definitely time for a new kirby addition, there's been like 4 main games and a bunch of spinoffs since 2012 when smash 4's roster was planned, kirby's kinda hard to ignore at this point lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think I remember Little Mac receiving similar complaints because all he does is punch. Obviously not enough to prevent getting in Smash. Here's hoping to a cool unique moveset to prove those naysayers wrong. Their salt will fuel us
if you dont mind id rather use bandana's adorableness as fuel

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Making an insane prediction, right now.

Tomorrow a Smash Direct will be announced and will be streamed on the day Kirby's 25th Anniversary ends. And the send-off will be Bandana Dee being revealed as a newcomer for Smash Switch. Right afterwards, this account will post artwork of his inclusion being celebrated, along with the anniversary ending. (They probably will also be behind Dee's Smash Newcomer artwork, if those will still be a thing)

Screencap this.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Making a insane prediction, right now.

Tomorrow a Smash Direct will be announced and will be streamed on the day Kirby's 25th Anniversary ends. And the send-off will be Bandana Dee being revealed as a newcomer for Smash Switch. Right afterwards, this account will post artwork of his inclusion being celebrated, along with the anniversary ending. (They'll probably will also be behind Dee's Smash Newcomer artwork, if those will still be a thing)

Screencap this.
Hold up tomorrow is a smash direct!!!!!!????

Edit: False alarm.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Making a insane prediction, right now.

Tomorrow a Smash Direct will be announced and will be streamed on the day Kirby's 25th Anniversary ends. And the send-off will be Bandana Dee being revealed as a newcomer for Smash Switch. Right afterwards, this account will post artwork of his inclusion being celebrated, along with the anniversary ending. (They'll probably will also be behind Dee's Smash Newcomer artwork, if those will still be a thing)

Screencap this.
This sounds super crazy, but it's literally the first thing I thought when I saw it.

I imagined those Waddle Dees throwing those little stars as confetti for Bandana Dee's celebration lol.

I need Smash news.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I’m assuming it’s gonna be Wave 2 of Dream Friends.

In other news, Bandana Dee finally got a plush!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
More Dream Allies soon would be cool. I expect two more packs. This last pack was a Retro pack, maybe the next two could be console and handheld characters.

Console: Adeleine, Prince Fluff, Magolor
Handheld: Daroach, Taranza, Susie

Top Bottom