• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Something important should probably be brought up. If the DLC newcomers were decided after the spirits were put in the game, it's hard to say that spirits deconfirm DLC fighters. After the uproar of promo characters for the last game (Bayo was incredibly broken and hated, Corrin had massive uproar for such a noticeable promo choice), there's a low chance of the same mistake twice. Nintendo made the list, which likely means that Bandana Waddle Dee was on the table. And not to mention, there's always the possibility of a spirit being retooled into a Fighter Spirit, like what Meta Ridley has, but for DLC.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I’ve taken a backseat to smash speculation, but obvious circumstances had me decide I’d throw in my two cents.

This really isn’t much of a surprise to me, I fully expected him to be revealed as a spirit at launch or earlier, but damnit, does it hurt. I’m at least glad he’s been recognized, and while I’d like to believe spirits aren’t deconfirmations... I’m not holding my breath. I’m not switching sides just because my most wanted has been revealed as one.

I think I can finally leave smash speculation behind me. I’ll keep on hoping but... unless we get a first party DLC reveal, I’m not getting my hopes up.

T’was a good ride. But I’ll throw in the towel here.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Something important should probably be brought up. If the DLC newcomers were decided after the spirits were put in the game, it's hard to say that spirits deconfirm DLC fighters. After the uproar of promo characters for the last game (Bayo was incredibly broken and hated, Corrin had massive uproar for such a noticeable promo choice), there's a low chance of the same mistake twice. Nintendo made the list, which likely means that Bandana Waddle Dee was on the table. And not to mention, there's always the possibility of a spirit being retooled into a Fighter Spirit, like what Meta Ridley has, but for DLC.
I wouldn't rely on Nintendo being "Too Smart to do X", since with Box Theory, everyone said that "Nintendo's too smart to show off how many fighters they have left so far from release, especially with them being so predictable", but Box Theory ended up being real, so I wouldn't say that Nintendo's going to learn from their mistakes. If anything, they'll go out of their way to make sure they happen again.

I think it's time to give up on anyone that isn't Byleth, Gen 8 or leaked by Vergeben or Hitagi.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. They made a whole video on it about why Bandana shouldn't be in Smash because he's a "Hat Goomba" and have also bashed him during discussions.
"Hat Goomba"
It might be the dumbess argument. He has his own fighting style and is playable alongside Kriby, Metaknight and King Dedede.

I'm not a Bandana Dee fan myself (to be honest I don't really like kirby's games) but he would complete the quatuor perfectly and is super cute with his spear.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
TBH if spirits disconfirmed characters entirely there would not be room for ANYBODY except 3rd parties. And a full 3rd party DLC roster would be quite preposterous.

I still believe that the most requested Nintendo character (our Bandana Boy if the polls are to e believed) will not fall behind some outsiders.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Please, don't give up.
Ridley or K. Rool fans didn't and they got what they wanted after years of support.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So hypothetically if Spirits do deconfirm characters (which I doubt) who would even be left for first party characters?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace

Please, don't give up.
Ridley or K. Rool fans didn't and they got what they wanted after years of support.
I'm not sure many would have given up anyways. I like to believe the support will stay at it's peak. Spirits or not. Besides I'm pretty sure that such a conspicuous absence in the the spirits list would be too much of a big giveaway of who would be the surprise 5 DLC.

Bandana Dee's situation is nowhere as concerning as if, say, he was an AT.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So hypothetically if Spirits do deconfirm characters (which I doubt) who would even be left for first party characters?
Honestly, I can't think of any serious choices in that case. Taranza? Adeleine? Those are the only ones that I can think of for Kirby that have no known appearance as Ultimate Spirits.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
They'd all be promotional, just like Smash 4's DLC. I wouldn't expect anyone beyond an FE3H rep, a Gen 8 Rep and MAYBE a Metroid rep.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Characters from upcoming games. A FE 3 houses character and a gen 8 Pokémon are the most common names. (Even if I feel they aren't as particularly likely as alot of people say.)

At this point I believe in my initial prediction that all DLC content will be third parties from franchises without any content. I don't think it's much of a strange thought as 3/4 newcomers in 4 DLC were third party as well.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Characters from upcoming games. A FE 3 houses character and a gen 8 Pokémon are the most common names. (Even if I feel they aren't as particularly likely as alot of people say.)

At this point I believe in my initial prediction that all DLC content will be third parties from franchises without any content. I don't think it's much of a strange thought as 3/4 newcomers in 4 DLC were third party as well.
That would be some utter garbage DLC then ^^'. Not to mention costly to Nintendo in royalties. Only time will tell but I can't imagine Nintendo handing Sakurai a pick list containing only 3rd parties.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Eh, can't say I'm surprised really, literally every character with any kind of Official Art seemed to be a spirit and considering how obscure some characters are, I already knew a BWD spirit was bound to happen. :drshrug:
However, I've always been part of the "Being a spirit doesn't deconfirm a character" club so I don't feel too bad right now. :drwtf:
In fact, here's an idea I had, remember how in Smash 4 Lucas and Mewtwo were trophies before becoming playable? Well, I do think that if Bandana Dee was to be added as DLC they'd just add another BWD spirit using the Star Allies render that would work as the Fighter Spirit for the newly playable Dee. :dr^_^:
Either that or they'd just change the spirit that's already in into a Fighter Spirit, they can do anything they want really. :drflip:
For now, just don't lose hope guys.
Honestly, I can't think of any serious choices in that case. Taranza? Adeleine? Those are the only ones that I can think of for Kirby that have no known appearance as Ultimate Spirits.
I'm 100% sure Taranza and Adeleine are spirits too, we just haven't seen them. :drifloon:

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Oh I can easily see Taranza as a spirit, same with Adeleine. But we haven't seen anything to do with them.
With the sheer amound of spirits we are getting, some of which being really obscure, I kinda doubt these two wouldn't show up.

Which is also the reason why I kinda expected big characters like Elma and BWD shoiwing up while not ending their chances as DLC. I don't remember the Dixie or Geno fans giving up when revealed to be spirits.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
No he's a spirit.
Evolves from waddle dee.
I said this pages ago, no one believed me.
I even got infracted.
Unless you have actual photographic evidence, no one is going to believe you.
Plus how would you even know this info?
The general public has not tried anything related to Spirits.
So you either have insider info (which you have to prove beyond words) or you're straight up lying.
And until I see tangible proof from your sources or another official source, I'm going to assume the latter.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
No he's a spirit.
Evolves from waddle dee.
I even got infracted.
I honestly think regular Waddle Dee evolving into Parasol Waddle Dee or any of the many other Waddle Dee variations makes more sense. :drshrug:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee seriously has to be DLC. He's EXTREMELY popular inside and outside the smash bubble, and could promote any new Kirby game coming out. This guy would sell for sure. How could Nintendo pass up the opportunity?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
No he's a spirit.
Evolves from waddle dee.
I even got infracted.
Well I mean, at the time you didn't have evidence so can you blame us?

Also yea, this isn't surprising to me. Honestly with Spirits I don't know if they deconfirm. Put it this way, if the spirits for important characters were missing that would pretty much CONFIRM they were DLC. I don't think they would do that plus Trophies last game.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

I'm still going to support our boy to the very end and heck I'm even still supporting Isaac who is an Assist Trophy! Giving up like this proves nothing, don't give up please. So far we have just got lucky to evade anything so far but now we must feel what other fanbases have felt and still do feel.

The other fanbases haven't given up and neither will we!

We will get our boy in the end.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
What was Cloud's inclusion advertising?
I was talking specifically about first parties. All of the 1st party DLC was pronotional. We are probably going to get a few other 3rd parties, but anything else is going to be promotional.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
You know something I'm at least happy he got recognized. Just hoping he's in the DLC pack. I like 3rd party and all but if we don't at least see some first parties....

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not just Corrin, but also the fact that literally everyone else was either a Veteran or a 3rd party. That's not good at all for existing First Parties like Bandana Dee.
I really feel that with the vets out of the way first-parties have slightly better odds. We really do not know and have no way of predicting what route they'll go with for the DLC. For all we know these are just characters that were on the plan and pushed to a pass, or they're all third parties, or they're all for games not out yet. Or they're none of this. We really don't know yet.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Honestly, I'm kind of pleased that we got SOME kind of representation. I had a slight fear that we'd just get absolutely left behind.
However, Spirits aren't a 100% deconfirm just yet.
Keep on Dee-living! We aren't out of the running just yet!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's cool to see a spirit of all these characters.

There's so many spirits, including of fighters already in, there's no reason to think it deconfirms characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
So if spirits really do deconfirm characters, WHO IS LEFT?!?! I can't help but feel like the devs didn't think this whole spirit thing through...

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Yeah guys, let's just stay calm for now.
The ballot pretty much gave them a list of characters that that they absolutely had to include as spirits at the very least. It would be incredibly odd if a popular first party, a character with no rights issues, was left out in what is Ultimate's equivalent to trophies. Of course, we had reasons to be suspicious due to select characters not being seen before now, but that ended up just being a coincidence. If I had to guess, the bulk of spirits were decided way before DLC was being locked down. For right now, there's no reason to think we can't see something like Lucas and Mewtwo's trophies in 4 happen.

Even if this is truly bad news, let's be happy we actually got through to Sakurai this time. Remember that Bandana was absolutely nowhere to be seen in Smash 4. It's entirely possible that his presence on the ballot is what assured his role as a primary spirit rather than a supporter. Just look at what happened with K. Rool, at first the fans were given something that wasn't quite what they wanted but everything turned out fine in the end.

Top Bottom