• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ban every character except Meta Knight in tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Thanks to the Infinite Dimensional Cape, Meta Knight TOTALLY negates the art of camping (projectile camping in particular). When Meta Knight's matchups are analyzed again, he will probably have 8:2 matchups or better against EVERYONE, even Snake.

Frankly, the great players who use any other character will probably NEVER make it past the numerous amounts of Meta Knight players who have decent control of the IDC in the no too distant future. I say, force them to use Meta Knight so that we don't have novice MK's making it into the top 8 (those top tier bandwaggoners really get on my nerves). That, or ban the IDC/MK himself, but I see every other character banned as more likely.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
...............wow.
Your right.
IDC is the only way you get around camping.
No, no, your so right.

Do you honestly think this thread had a good point?

OverLade

Smash Hero
You're wrong.

Wario
GaW
Kirby - Chudat WTF??
Lucario
Marth
Pikachu
ROB
Snake
Wario
ZSS
Diddy

All these characters have beaten top MK's at tourneys. I hate when people expect to win just because they're MK. I did at a time, and got slapped in the face.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Yes, and NL beat M2K with his Diddy. People need to stop overreacting, especially about banned techniques.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
...............wow.
Your right.
IDC is the only way you get around camping.
No, no, your so right.

Do you honestly think this thread had a good point?
It makes camping Virtually useless against Meta Knight, which in turn, probably makes ALL of his non Snake matchups into one sided matchups in Meta's favor.

The point is, every novice (aka the people who don't take the time to even try to master their character) who goes to tournament will more than likely use Meta, while great players might use Snake or another inferior character; to perserve tournament balance (ie. the most skilled players win and the crappy ones get knocked out), every other character must be banned or Meta should be banned (which is VERY unlikely since he can still be used in tourneys).

Defeat to the NOVICE tier bandwaggoners.

. I hate when people expect to win just because they're MK. I did at a time, and got slapped in the face.
I absolutely agree. If everyone, particually the great players, uses Meta Knight, the novices will have NO chance in heck.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight has more of a chance of being banned than the whole ****ing entire cast except him

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It makes camping Virtually useless against Meta Knight, which in turn, probably makes ALL of his non Snake matchups into one sided matchups in Meta's favor.

The point is, every novice (aka the people who don't take the time to even try to master their character) who goes to tournament will more than likely use Meta, while great players might use Snake or another inferior character; to perserve tournament balance (ie. the most skilled players win and the crappy ones get knocked out), every other character must be banned or Meta should be banned (which is VERY unlikely since he can still be used in tourneys).

Defeat to the NOVICE tier bandwaggoners.
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE CHANCE TO CAMP AGAINST META-KNIGHT.
It's Meta-Knight!!! He'll be in your face in like 2 seconds.
You think everyone wants to use the same charecter?
Is it not possible to be better with someone else?
Your point makes no sense.
At all.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE CHANCE TO CAMP AGAINST META-KNIGHT.
It's Meta-Knight!!! He'll be in your face in like 2 seconds.
You think everyone wants to use the same charecter?
Is it not possible to be better with someone else?
Your point makes no sense.
At all.
It would most likely depend on how bad the matchups are for each character against Meta Knight. If someone as skilled as Sethelon used Falco and lost to a intermediate level player using Meta Knight, competetive nature would not be able to thrive unless everyone used Meta or no one used him. That is the point I am trying to make, I just did not go the conventional route and say lets ban MK.

Thank goodness Brawl does not have to come to this point (thank you IDC ban).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It would most likely depend on how bad the matchups are for each character against Meta Knight. If someone as skilled as Sethelon used Falco and lost to a intermediate level player using Meta Knight, competetive nature would not be able to thrive unless everyone used Meta or no one used him. That is the point I am trying to make, I just did not go the conventional route and say lets ban MK.

Thank goodness Brawl does not have to come to this point (thank you IDC ban).
If someones whos good losses to MK thats their fault. Get better against MK's. It's like saying ban Melee Marth was easy to use. And where would we be now if Marth was banned in Melee hmm? Who knows MK might change the world of Brawl. Don't just go taking the easy way out and ban everything.
I doubt we'd be even able to play most Melee (even N64) characters if people thought like this.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the technique is banned, so all is good. it's just the fact that the technique could SO EASILY be used to stall, it'd be difficult trying to draw a line in the sand and say "ok now you have to stop IDCing". i think that was the main reason why the broomers decided to ban. i think the facts that it makes your character ****ing DISAPPEAR, makes you infinitely invincible as long as it runs, and the opponent has no way to counter it at all also had something to do with it.

don't ban metaknight, he has a surprising amount of 50-50 or 45-55 matchups.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Really don't want to bump this, but Steeler's name is stretching the entire board and it's bothering me >_>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This tech is banned btw.

You're wrong.

Wario
GaW
Kirby - Chudat WTF??
Lucario
Marth
Pikachu
ROB
Snake
Wario
ZSS
Diddy

All these characters have beaten top MK's at tourneys. I hate when people expect to win just because they're MK. I did at a time, and got slapped in the face.
Not with this tech, having an effectively lagless attack out of an indeterminate number of invincability frames, with an enormous amount of fine control possible in those frames, and an effective range of slightly less then the top platform of battlefield... it just totally negates all those characters and more.

Then there's the spacing options, not using the attack makes it incredibly difficult to punish.

It has no other uses now does it?
an effectively lagless attack out of an indeterminate number of invincibility frames, with an enormous amount of fine control possible in those frames, and an effective range of slightly less then the top platform of battlefield.... sounds pretty useful no? Most chars would kill to have something with even a few of those attributes.

And of course, you can just space with it. Keep in mind MK's dtilt is longer then Marth's.

Defeat to the NOVICE tier bandwaggoners..
Not even Snake. Snakes advantage is that he can negate most of MK's b moves via camping. That is what makes this not a **** match-up. This tech makes it impossible.

Furthermore, past a certain percent, he's got an unpunishable, undefeatable approach, barring an absolute miracle of chance.

Snake is already barely hanging on to the estimation of an advantage, and myself and others firmly believe it's a function of MK's playstyle being "jumping into the ****", if MK abused his advantages in this match-up, it'd be snake>mk regularly.

Now force him to use only his leg game or be significantly higher then MK all the time, because that's the only defense against this tech. Suddenly, it's a **** match-up.

I think IDC should only be banned as a stalling technique. I think it could be used for movement around the stage.
Besides the obvious difficulty in drawing a line in the sand, the stalling is the least worrisome issue of this tech. It effectively negates all of MK's even-slightly good match-ups, turning them into 80-20 match-ups.

It makes MK the new Akuma.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
inb4lock

The IDC is banned, Meta Knight will get old and suddenly people will know how to beat him, like when the melee Falco craze started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom