• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Smashfests

Ghostype

Smash Champion
ChozenOne - I'm not the type to believe someone is good at this game unless they consistently place in tournaments, or eat people I already thought were good.

I wouldn't doubt that AlphaZealot could come and win the tournament, if like, someone more skilled than him didn't come; but I've never heard of any of TNR's accomplishments. The only way to change my mind is for you guys to come down and destroy me though and take Baltimore's money. We could at least do a Team no Respect versus Baltimore's Finest crew battle. :chuckle:

UMBC - Hopefully someone gets you out here.

Edit: Hyrulean - Probably just stick with MLG rules.

Nurok

Smash Lord
i can probably come-if i get a ride there and back lmao.
DOSV we still need to talk about ur bro coming to pick me up...
you should talk to him
-edun

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
We could at least do a Team no Respect versus Baltimore's Finest crew battle.
Not on the 11th.. i have to go to Cheerleading States.. but the next one we'll be there... hopefully.

How does: $100 per crew, $20 per person.. 4 stock a person. 5 crew members a team... or we can do $150... Team Leaders pay $30, other members pay $20, ie. 30+20+20+20+20+20+20.. 7 v. 7 .. 5 stock a person... 35 stock a crew.

any takers besides Team Ben, and TA...

cmart

Smash Lord
Not on the 11th.. i have to go to Cheerleading States.. but the next one we'll be there... hopefully.

How does: $100 per crew, $20 per person.. 4 stock a person. 5 crew members a team... or we can do $150... Team Leaders pay $30, other members pay $20, ie. 30+20+20+20+20+20+20.. 7 v. 7 .. 5 stock a person... 35 stock a crew.

any takers besides Team Ben, and TA...
ROFL Baltimore must really suck for chozen one to make such an offer.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Bowsertree - If we do a tournament, either we can have either you or someone who knows most everyone seed us, or just draw lots for placement. And I don't know why I forgot about MLG. I think it will be fun in the end, no matter how its done.

So how many people are going to be coming? We could also use a cube and tv count, especially after last time...

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Bowsertree - If we do a tournament, either we can have either you or someone who knows most everyone seed us, or just draw lots for placement. And I don't know why I forgot about MLG. I think it will be fun in the end, no matter how its done.
Yeah we'll figure out something, the important thing is making sure it works out, and is fun.

So how many people are going to be coming? We could also use a cube and tv count, especially after last time...
I counted five people saying they'll come, and if Nurok makes it, and DOSV plus Nikk (and Nightmare), that'll bring it to nine people; ten including me. No one's said they're bringing a Cube or Tv though, besides UMBC Super Smasher.

ChozenOne - lol I wouldn't bet that much money on Bmore's Finest as we are now. We simply aren't ready for such a large money match as a crew. Maybe after we have all gotten more experience. But I'll gladly money match you one on one ($10 max).

hova

Smash Champion
i might come i dunno, good chance i won't come

but i might

dosv- use the cstick son, and no more getting up with attack everytime

nightmare- stop doing stupid pointless wavedashing back and forth, learn to approach in different ways

appletree- pick a main and such

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Choosing a main character is far more difficult than it should be for me. I think I'll just go back to Samus (Bowser is the main of my heart though).

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
No one's said they're bringing a Cube or Tv though, besides UMBC Super Smasher.
As things are now, I'm only bringing my cube. If someone is willing to bring a vehicle to UMBC, then I could definitely bring the 27" tv. I don't see why having enough cubes is even a problem though; shouldn't everyone have their own that they could bring?

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
UMBC, I'm a college student, and my cube is at home, far away from here. I don't have anything worth bringing besides my skill and my controller, unfortunately. In two weeks, though I'll *hopefully* have a Wii that's backwards compatable, although I don't know if I'll be willing to travel with it...

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Bring that gamecube to school. You know you want the distraction :D

I wouldn't take my wii anywhere if I had one. Even though my gamecube is new (two weeks old), I only paid $55 for it, and that included a bunch of accessories. But I bought it for SSBM, and bringing it to a SSBM fest counts as one of its uses. :)

I have a feeling I'll arrive at the place after a 3-4 mile walk to find that they want to drive me back to campus to pick up my tv. I'd like to prevent unnecessary work if possible by arranging this before I walk for several miles. :p

Nurok

Smash Lord
maybe somone could pick me up from my house and drive me back to my house for this sheezy? ill pay money =)
-edun

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Err, on bringing the cube, I really wanted to, and my parents didn't think I would have time to play, and left it with my brother. I've found plenty of time and it's been collecting dust. It's a very sad state of affairs, but I manage. Although having a car isn't at all practical I will admit, so I can't help anyone sadly.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Is this happening on the 11th(this saturday) cause I'll come and bring chicken for my ******

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Is this happening on the 11th(this saturday) cause I'll come and bring chicken for my ******
Yes it is. Check out Bowsertree's post on page 1 for details.

Hyrulean, you have a car? That is very practical; you can drive 5 minutes down the road to UMBC and pick up me and the tv. I'll instant message u on AIM and see what can be done. I also got Bowsertree's AIM screen name as well.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Will Anyone Please Try And Pick Me Up From My House, I Live Like 30 Min. Away From Ranma! Plz!ill Pay Money

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Bring lots of chicken! By the way, we should money match again. >_>

Hyrulean - I wouldn't take my Wii outside either, unless I have a ride.

UMBC - We definitely need Cubes from anyone who can bring them. Last time I didn't stress it enough, so only one or two people brought Cubes, so we had a lot of people waiting their turn to play matches, which had to be resolved by doing a whole lot of teams and crew battles. Don't worry about the TV though if it's inconvenient at all for you.

Nurok - Hope someone can provide you a ride

EEvisu

Smash Lord
we should get some of the matches recorded this time I'd like that

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't have a car, because I don't need it here. Smash is definately the exception to my life in Baltimore, sadly. And food is a good question. I'd be willing to pitch in a few buck for more than once slice of pizza this time.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Yeah if you guys wanna chip in for pizza this time then we can just get like five or six or whatever.

EEvisu - Hopefully this time we get a VCR going.

DOSV - Still haven't seen your remote, you think someone else might've taken it accidentally?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
FYI, if you don't wanna spend money on food, I'll put up money for a box or two myself as I did last time, since I'm the host. Whatever the case, I'll pay for at least one myself, and you guys can divide the cost of more boxes up amongst yourselves (or buy your own box), however you wanna do it.

Hova - You should come! I only played you in two matches last time.

Vince - I agree.

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'm coming, i'll bring some people.

Curio will be having another legendary catonsville smashfest next weekend...mark your calendars.

<3

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Hyrulean - Maybe four Cubes, and four TVs (I am providing three-four if I have to). Hopefully most everyone coming brings a Cube or Tv even without posting about it.

Ichor my next fest is the 25th (unless I have to bump it back), BRK coming to that?

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
good look bowser we will make an apperance up there if possible with more of us yes BRK is comin out

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Excuse my ignorance, but what is BRK and what does it stand for? Is it a crew?

Looks like we'll have a decent showing for this. As long as I feel completely humbled by 7:30 though, I'll be happy.
BRK is only short For The Black Rain Krew sir that is all yea it is a crew and we own not just because we play each other so yea we have a thread so stop by if you have any thing to say against us or for is or even just to say whats good

hova

Smash Champion
Excuse my ignorance, but what is BRK and what does it stand for? Is it a crew?

Looks like we'll have a decent showing for this. As long as I feel completely humbled by 7:30 though, I'll be happy.
you'll definitely feel humbled if jasona shows up

kid's mad good

Jasona

Smash Ace
you'll definitely feel humbled if jasona shows up

kid's mad good
"if" jasona shows? I'll definitely be there. I may be bringing undr too. he has been working on this crazy young link thats been juggling and spiking me all over the place this week

I'll have to play this Jasona. I love playing great players.
LOL @ "this" jasona

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
"if" jasona shows? I'll definitely be there. I may be bringing undr too. he has been working on this crazy young link thats been juggling and spiking me all over the place this week

LOL @ "this" jasona
What are you talking about, Jasona is amazing. Don't hate =)

Top Bottom