• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balance tweaks you'd like to see in the patch

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The problem with that is that X-Factor the Pokemon is killing everybody at 30%. I don't care if Lucario isn't that good; no character should be killing that early. Rage goes against everything that any competitive game, including Chess, teaches us. If you're behind, then you're getting pressured and the one ahead has all of the advantage. With Rage, you still put on an even amount of pressure because now you can send enemies flying further even though you are at 120%.
The only way Lucario will ever kill you at 30% is if A: Lucario is at high or max Aura (which you should never let him reach) B: He hits you with one of the three slowest smash attacks in the game, and C: Your DI is atrocious. If you let Lucario live that long, get hit by an attack that slow, and not DI it, you deserve to lose.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
The only way Lucario will ever kill you at 30% is if A: Lucario is at high or max Aura (which you should never let him reach) B: He hits you with one of the three slowest smash attacks in the game, and C: Your DI is atrocious. If you let Lucario live that long, get hit by an attack that slow, and not DI it, you deserve to lose.
I don't think you understand that being able to kill at that percentage because of Aura combined with Rage is not something a character should do. It's not about deserving who should lose; it's about design and Rage is an absolutely atrocious one. Granted that Lucario is the one that really reaps the benefits from it aside from others, but still a bad design nonetheless. I'll give you the Aura design even though I still find the design of it being stupid, but not Rage.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't think you understand that being able to kill at that percentage because of Aura combined with Rage is not something a character should do. It's not about deserving who should lose; it's about design and Rage is an absolutely atrocious one. Granted that Lucario is the one that really reaps the benefits from it aside from others, but still a bad design nonetheless. I'll give you the Aura design even though I still find the design of it being stupid, but not Rage.
I agree that Aura + Rage is ridiculous. It's not just Lucario that benefits from Rage, I once saw a Sonic KO a Fox at 70% with an up smash. Rage is just a flawed mechanic that really shouldn't exist. Aura works for Lucario because it's the base of his character. Take it away from him and he's a character that does like 4% per hit and can't KO. It also works because the higher your Aura is, the closer you are to the end of your stock. It's a risk vs. reward factor.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Fox is relatively light. One unit weight higher than Rosalina. I'm not surprised if he was KO'd at 70% with rage. Look at Sonic's U-smash KB and you'll see the problem actually lies there.

We may have differing opinions, but IMO rage should stay. They may want to tone down Aura a bit so that Lucario doesn't get ridiculous killing power that sends you at wtf km/h at like 40%, but still, I DO think rage should stay.

Maybe decrease Lucario's weight a bit? Dunno, but other than Lucario, I don't see the problem with other characters.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Fox is relatively light. One unit weight higher than Rosalina. I'm not surprised if he was KO'd at 70% with rage. Look at Sonic's U-smash KB and you'll see the problem actually lies there.

We may have differing opinions, but IMO rage should stay. They may want to tone down Aura a bit so that Lucario doesn't get ridiculous killing power that sends you at wtf km/h at like 40%, but still, I DO think rage should stay.

Maybe decrease Lucario's weight a bit? Dunno, but other than Lucario, I don't see the problem with other characters.
It was uncharged. Ganondorf doesn't kill Fox at 70% with an up smash. There is definitely something wrong there. Aura is just fine, but Rage is just a way of artificially decreasing the length of matches (which barely works).

TriTails

Smash Lord
It was uncharged. Ganondorf doesn't kill Fox at 70% with an up smash. There is definitely something wrong there. Aura is just fine, but Rage is just a way of artificially decreasing the length of matches (which barely works).
What stage was it? Low ceiling or not? Is it 3DS or Wii U? (Probably the latter) Was Sonic in max rage (150%?)?

Uh...

Isn't decreasing length of matches is actually something good? Especially since camping game is pretty strong within the casts?

And also, it also does give players reward for staying alive for a long time, just like Aura. I don't see the problem in that, unless we are talking Aura + Rage.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What stage was it? Low ceiling or not? Is it 3DS or Wii U? (Probably the latter) Was Sonic in max rage (150%?)?

Uh...

Isn't decreasing length of matches is actually something good? Especially since camping game is pretty strong within the casts?

And also, it also does give players reward for staying alive for a long time, just like Aura. I don't see the problem in that, unless we are talking Aura + Rage.
Final Destination, Wii U, Fox was at 68%, Sonic was at 118%.
Usually decreasing the length of matches is a good thing, but this is not the way to do it. They could shrink the huge ass blast zones, that'd be a start.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Wut.

How the hell Sonic kills Fox I have no clue. Did the game just happen to glitch its contents out and thought it was a FJP?

I'll need to test this out later.

Doesn't Wii U has small BZ already? 3DS was big, but I don't think Wii U is also big.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wut.

How the hell Sonic kills Fox I have no clue. Did the game just happen to glitch its contents out and thought it was a FJP?

I'll need to test this out later.

Doesn't Wii U has small BZ already? 3DS was big, but I don't think Wii U is also big.
I wish I could tell you I was joking. Fire Jump Punch kills Fox even earlier than that, believe it or not. Damn thing is so fast though, once in a blue moon you'll ever land one on him. Anyway, the blast zones are the same on Wii U as they are on 3DS. By the way, keep in mind that up smash was uncharged. I **** you not.

Braydon

Smash Ace
:4charizard:
1) Less lag on charizards tilts
2) Vastly reduce end lag after landing a flare blitz so he can't be hit while prone after it's shielded
3) Drift further during rocksmash
4) Increased air speed on charizard
5) Reduce start up frames on Fair and Nair
:4palutena:
6) Reduce lag on palutenas tilts significantly
7) Reduce end lag on paluntenas reflect barrier
:4megaman:
8) Allow megaman to use As while leaf shield is up having it only throw when pressing B
:4falcon:
9) Decrease falcon's Fair sweetspot knockback significantly, and decrease damage by 2%
10) Remove 4 wind up frames from falcon punch and add 4 cooldown frames
11) Decrease falcons weight by 4
:4lucario:
12) Decrease the effects of lucarios aura and increase base damage to compensate, the effect is just a little to strong and makes him countered hard by characters that can kill him before he gets his aura up high, while countering any low knockback power character since it can go higher.
:4zss:
13) Add 2 startup frames to zero suits Fsmash
14) Slightly decrease ZS weight
:4sheik:
15) Add lag frames to sheik all around
:4diddy:
16) Decrease the knockback and damage of diddy's U air
17) Decrease diddy's weight significantly
:4sonic:
18) Decrease priority on dash attacks so they can be clashed easier
19) Add 2 frames of start up lag to his Fair
:4dk:
20) DKs up special now deflects projectiles, since DK hates projectiles so much
21) Decrease wind up frames on Fair and slightly increase hitbox
:4shulk:
22) Shield mode doesn't decrease damage output, but decreases move speed a small bit more
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
23) Slightly reduce end lag and start up lag on using cannon
24) Decrease duration of Fsmash, making the hits happen faster for the same damage
:4luigi:
26) Go to prone after using side special in the air
27) Slightly decrease speed of Fair making it harder to combo
:4kirby:
28) Increase range on all smashes and tilts
29) Make copied abilities more powerful than that of the copied ability, no other character has to go through the trouble of sucking someone up to get a special, so kirby should have a slight advantage with his copied ability.
:4ness:
30) Add 2 frames end lag after throwing PK fire, making it slightly harder to combo into a throw
31) Slightly decrease backthow throw power
:4littlemac:
32) Reduce super armor
33) Slightly increase weight
:4rob:
34) Decrease Uair knockback and increase startup lag slightly
:4olimar::4alph:
35) Increase pikmin health 50%
36) Increase range on all smashes
37) Increase range on all airals
38) double range of up tilt
39) Increase speed of dash attack
:4villager::4villagerf:
40) Limit the amount of time villager can hold something in his pockets
:4samus:
41) Change Fair to hit at a lower angle so it reaches in front of samus sooner
42) Increase Fsmash range a small amount
43) Increase fall speed of bombs so it's easier to drop them on people
:4dedede:
44) Increase gordo momentum so they are harder to reflect
45) Increase fall speed and jump height so he's less floaty
46) Decrease start up lag on tilts, smashes and f air

Braydon

Smash Ace
Sonic does have the strongest up-smash in the game...
I don't think that's true and even if it is Lucas will almost certainly have the strongest up-smash once he's added.

Isn't dedede's upsmash stronger than sonics?

MashPotato

Smash Cadet
NNID
StarForce1000
Smash highlights went over it. Google smash science: up-smash tiers (smash 4)

Lucas's will probably be stronger though.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Smash highlights went over it. Google smash science: up-smash tiers (smash 4)

Lucas's will probably be stronger though.
I looked it up and did some testing, smash highlights is wrong. I'm not certain why though I think sonics may have some fixed knockback making it go further at low %s.

Testing to see how early I koed a mario with dedede and sonic on final destination showed that dedede kills earlier
Full charge:
Sonic: 81%
Dedede: 76%

Min charge:
Sonic: 117%
Dedede:114%

MashPotato

Smash Cadet
NNID
StarForce1000
hmmm… okay. I don't have anything i can test it out on right now. I'll try it out later. Does DDD have a sweet spot?

Braydon

Smash Ace
hmmm… okay. I don't have anything i can test it out on right now. I'll try it out later. Does DDD have a sweet spot?
Think he just has a sourspot on the end, not really sure haven't spent any real time on him since he's so bad. Anyway I was just hitting with mario beside me while I was on the ground and it killed earlier than sonics

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sonic's up smash KOs at 109% uncharged.
Fox's up smash KOs at 100% uncharged.
Lucario at high to max Aura KOs earlier than that.
Ike's up smash KOs at 89%.
Sonic does not have the strongest up smash in the game.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Sonic's up smash KOs at 109% uncharged.
Fox's up smash KOs at 100% uncharged.
Lucario at high to max Aura KOs earlier than that.
Ike's up smash KOs at 89%.
Sonic does not have the strongest up smash in the game.
Didn't I just say something with the same point?

MashPotato

Smash Cadet
NNID
StarForce1000
Yeah, just two people instead of one and more examples. Once again, my error and sorry for getting off topic.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
2) Vastly reduce end lag after landing a flare blitz so he can't be hit while prone after it's shielded
:4palutena:
6) Reduce lag on palutenas tilts significantly
7) Reduce end lag on paluntenas reflect barrier
:4megaman:
8) Allow megaman to use As while leaf shield is up having it only throw when pressing B
:4falcon:
9) Decrease falcon's Fair sweetspot knockback significantly, and decrease damage by 2%
10) Remove 4 wind up frames from falcon punch and add 4 cooldown frames
11) Decrease falcons weight by 4
:4lucario:
12) Decrease the effects of lucarios aura and increase base damage to compensate, the effect is just a little to strong and makes him countered hard by characters that can kill him before he gets his aura up high, while countering any low knockback power character since it can go higher.
:4zss:
13) Add 2 startup frames to zero suits Fsmash
14) Slightly decrease ZS weight
:4sheik:
15) Add lag frames to sheik all around
:4diddy:
16) Decrease the knockback and damage of diddy's U air
17) Decrease diddy's weight significantly
:4sonic:
18) Decrease priority on dash attacks so they can be clashed easier
19) Add 2 frames of start up lag to his Fair
:4dk:
20) DKs up special now deflects projectiles, since DK hates projectiles so much
21) Decrease wind up frames on Fair and slightly increase hitbox
:4shulk:
22) Shield mode doesn't decrease damage output, but decreases move speed a small bit more
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
23) Slightly reduce end lag and start up lag on using cannon
24) Decrease duration of Fsmash, making the hits happen faster for the same damage
:4kirby:
28) Increase range on all smashes and tilts
29) Make copied abilities more powerful than that of the copied ability, no other character has to go through the trouble of sucking someone up to get a special, so kirby should have a slight advantage with his copied ability.
:4ness:
30) Add 2 frames end lag after throwing PK fire, making it slightly harder to combo into a throw
31) Slightly decrease backthow throw power
:4littlemac:
32) Reduce super armor
33) Slightly increase weight
:4rob:
34) Decrease Uair knockback and increase startup lag slightly
:4olimar::4alph:
35) Increase pikmin health 50%
36) Increase range on all smashes
37) Increase range on all airals
38) double range of up tilt
39) Increase speed of dash attack
:4villager::4villagerf:
40) Limit the amount of time villager can hold something in his pockets
:4samus:
41) Change Fair to hit at a lower angle so it reaches in front of samus sooner
42) Increase Fsmash range a small amount
43) Increase fall speed of bombs so it's easier to drop them on people
:4dedede:
44) Increase gordo momentum so they are harder to reflect
45) Increase fall speed and jump height so he's less floaty
46) Decrease start up lag on tilts, smashes and f air
You lost me at nerf the Knee. Considering all the trouble you have to go through to land it, why would you nerf it? Especially given all the other ridiculous stuff about him, like his Jab, the fact that 3 of his 4 throws can KO, Falcon Kicks unnecessary strength, that up air, and his up tilt spike. The Knee is pretty fair. And making Luigi go helpless after using Green Missile would be a pretty stupid idea.
Didn't I just say something with the same point?
Your information was off.

Braydon

Smash Ace
You lost me at nerf the Knee. Considering all the trouble you have to go through to land it, why would you nerf it? Especially given all the other ridiculous stuff about him, like his Jab, the fact that 3 of his 4 throws can KO, Falcon Kicks unnecessary strength, that up air, and his up tilt spike. The Knee is pretty fair. And making Luigi go helpless after using Green Missile would be a pretty stupid idea.
The knee KOs way to soon, it's not hard enough to land to justify just how soon it can ko. Also why is being helpless after missile a bad idea? Currently luigi can use it and still use his up special, it gives him really great recovery on a character that already has tons of combos some that kill.
No, my information was right for fighting mario on final destination, my guess is you tested on someone lighter.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The knee KOs way to soon, it's not hard enough to land to justify just how soon it can ko. Also why is being helpless after missile a bad idea? Currently luigi can use it and still use his up special, it gives him really great recovery on a character that already has tons of combos some that kill.

No, my information was right for fighting mario on final destination, my guess is you tested on someone lighter.
His recovery was already hit hard enough as it is from Brawl to the point where Luigi essentially becomes Mac without his double jump. He doesn't need a recovery nerf. Why don't we nerf Fox's recovery too, since he can combo? What about Falcon? Better get Sonic too, while we're at it.
You tested on Mario, I tested on Robin, because Robin is the definitive middleweight of the game, not Mario. And considering how you have to be pretty much frame perfect with the Knee, I'd say it's fine.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
His recovery was already hit hard enough as it is from Brawl to the point where Luigi essentially becomes Mac without his double jump. He doesn't need a recovery nerf. Why don't we nerf Fox's recovery too, since he can combo? What about Falcon? Better get Sonic too, while we're at it.
I didn't say that any char that can combo needs to have bad recovery, I just feel like luigi is a little to powerful to be able to recover from anything.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Holy **** his Up air spikes?
Or maybe I'm reading it wrong :p

I didn't say that any char that can combo needs to have bad recovery, I just feel like luigi is a little to powerful to be able to recover from anything.
:4ganondorf: Sweet-spotted Dair.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Holy **** his Up air spikes?
Or maybe I'm reading it wrong :p

:4ganondorf: Sweet-spotted Dair.
You are. Up TILT spikes. God forbid Falcon had an up aerial that spikes. The back of Ganondorf's up air semi-spikes, though, so that's close.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I don't know if Charizard needs to have that big of a buff with Flare Blitz to be honest, but better air speed is definitely one he needs as it would go miles to helping his throw to aerial game. Having some shield pushback on Charizard's Side and DownSmash would be great as well considering Ganondorf and Bowser can do that and it seems fair considering how much end lag the smashes have. Although I think being able to tech out of Flare Blitz would be a nice enough buff for the Flare Blitz problem, but then we would have to also allow teching out of tripping...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was going to say WTF XD :p
I wouldn't want to live anymore if Falcon's up air spiked.
Except he can't recover from anything because of that double jump issue. And like I said, Fox can combo better than Luigi, so why aren't you complaining about his recovery?

Braydon

Smash Ace
I don't know if Charizard needs to have that big of a buff with Flare Blitz to be honest, but better air speed is definitely one he needs as it would go miles to helping his throw to aerial game. Having some shield pushback on Charizard's Side and DownSmash would be great as well considering Ganondorf and Bowser can do that and it seems fair considering how much end lag the smashes have. Although I think being able to tech out of Flare Blitz would be a nice enough buff for the Flare Blitz problem, but then we would have to also allow teching out of tripping...
Honestly the flare blitz thing only comes into effect in two situations, if it's shielded, in which case you take 12% recoil and your enemy takes nothing, that seems a big enough loss without being hit afterward. Anyway it would also let you move sooner after landing but it's still not like you'll really have many new follow ups.

Edit:
Luigi combos way better than fox... also fox already has bad recovery with the wind up for his up special allowing a chance to hit him.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Not to offend, but this is the worst troll attempt I have ever seen.

Helpless Green Missile = Hello another LM recovery
F-air decreased speed = Okay, bottom tier Luigi confirmed

Seriously... What makes Luigi's recovery strong is Cyclone. His air speed is atrocious and his falling speed doesn't help much (5th floatiest, STILL doesn't help). Get hit without your double jump can mean a death sentence.

Unless you are willing to give him Rosalina's or Robin's air speed, which mean top tier Luigi confirmed.

And also, either he has combos or he becomes unusable. I **** you not.

Except he can't recover from anything because of that double jump issue. And like I said, Fox can combo better than Luigi, so why aren't you complaining about his recovery?
Luigi can recover from bottom of the 3DS' FD (Off-screen, but not into the point where he is inches away from the BZ, that'd be ridiculous) with Cyclone + SJP. As long as he has his double jump, as long as he is not interrupted you can bet 98% he is coming back.

And also, Luigi is the best comboer in the game.

Luigi's recovery has been worsened from Brawl, no need to hit him even more. It's very gimpable for some characters (Hello:4ganondorf: and his ridiculous Wizkick and F-air gimps. Hello :4jigglypuff: and her N-air that out-prioritizes almost everything).

If anything, his Cyclone recovery needs less mashing so you don't have to get a machine-gun fingers to pull off a Jumpless Cyclone.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll go through this sequentially and detail what I'd change:

:4bowser: No changes
:4bowserjr: Ability to store cannonball, faster smashes, shield-break sweetspot on f-smash, Ludwig is always default skin
:4falcon: No changes
:4charizard: Greater range on f-smash
:4darkpit: Stronger attacks, slower movement
:4dedede: Slightly faster smashes
:4diddy: Let Hoo-Ha kill 20% later, nerf Monkey Flip's range
:4dk: Heavy armour, ability to act out of dash attack
:4drmario: Faster running speed, slightly better vertical recovery
:4duckhunt: Just make the f-smash's hitboxes more consistent
:4falco: Less lag, more speed
:4fox: No changes
:4ganondorf: No changes
:4gaw: Stronger moves across the board, better knockback
:4greninja: Less endlag on smashes, retain Shadow Sneak movement
:4myfriends: Faster u-tilt
:4jigglypuff: Sing has a consistent hitbox, ability to cancel Rollout
:4kirby: No changes
:4littlemac: Faster aerial mobility, slightly better vertical recovery
:4link: No changes
:4lucario: Endlag increases proportionately with Aura
:4lucina: Less endlag, faster movement, greater damage, lighter body
:4luigi: No changes
:4mario: No changes
:4marth: Less endlag, greater damage
:4megaman: Leaf Shield reflects projectiles while held, less endlag on d-smash
:4metaknight: Stronger b-throw, slight damage increase
:4miibrawl: No changes
:4miigun: Less endlag on all moves
:4miisword: Less endlag on all moves
:4ness: No changes
:4olimar: F-smash and d-smash's hitboxes are more consistent
:4palutena: Less endlag on f-tilt and u-tilt, stronger windbox on f-smash and d-smash
:4pacman: Passes through shields (without damaging) whilst consuming pellets, less endlag on smashes
:4peach: No changes
:4pikachu: No changes
:4pit: No changes
:4rob: No changes
:4robinf: Better grab range, faster grab
:rosalina: Luma can't act if Rosalina is helpless
:4samus: Morph Ball crouch-walk (because it's really cool), greater range on smashes
:4sheik: Throws launch further, Burst Grenade doesn't put into freefall
:4shulk: No changes
:4sonic: Lower priority on Spin Dash, weaker knockback on f-smash
:4tlink: No changes
:4villagerf: No changes
:4wario2: No changes
:4wiifit: Less endlag on smashes, Sun Salutation heals doubly if it hits
:4yoshi: Lower priority on Egg Roll, greater landing lag on d-air
:4zelda: Can store Phantom, Din's Fire doesn't put into freefall, jab combo, greater range on smashes
:4zss: Boost Kick doesn't drag upwards, greater knockback to compensate

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I do hope they buff Jigglypuff in some way. There are just so many things wrong with her.
Not to offend, but this is the worst troll attempt I have ever seen.

Helpless Green Missile = Hello another LM recovery
F-air decreased speed = Okay, bottom tier Luigi confirmed

Seriously... What makes Luigi's recovery strong is Cyclone. His air speed is atrocious and his falling speed doesn't help much (5th floatiest, STILL doesn't help). Get hit without your double jump can mean a death sentence.

Unless you are willing to give him Rosalina's or Robin's air speed, which mean top tier Luigi confirmed.

And also, either he has combos or he becomes unusable. I **** you not.

Luigi can recover from bottom of the 3DS' FD (Off-screen, but not into the point where he is inches away from the BZ, that'd be ridiculous) with Cyclone + SJP. As long as he has his double jump, as long as he is not interrupted you can bet 98% he is coming back.

And also, Luigi is the best comboer in the game.

Luigi's recovery has been worsened from Brawl, no need to hit him even more. It's very gimpable for some characters (Hello:4ganondorf: and his ridiculous Wizkick and F-air gimps. Hello :4jigglypuff: and her N-air that out-prioritizes almost everything).

If anything, his Cyclone recovery needs less mashing so you don't have to get a machine-gun fingers to pull off a Jumpless Cyclone.
Pretty much what I just said, just fancier. I'll never understand what possessed Sakurai to nerf Luigi's recovery. He could make it to the top platform in Battlefield in one Super Jump Punch in Brawl, that's a pipe dream here. Not everyone can mash like Boss, so Cyclone is just there to taunt you if you're out of a jump. Like it's saying, "Remember when I could recover in Brawl?"

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Honestly some of yall are completely ridiculous.
When I read the description for down-tilted side smash I thought that's what the move's use would be. But it's actually useless.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I'll go through this sequentially and detail what I'd change:

:4charizard: Greater range on f-smash
:4dedede: Slightly faster smashes
:4dk: Heavy armour, ability to act out of dash attack
:4drmario: Faster running speed, slightly better vertical recovery
:4falco: Less lag, more speed
:4lucario: Endlag increases proportionately with Aura
:4sheik: Throws launch further, Burst Grenade doesn't put into freefall
Now what you're saying just makes falco and dr mario closer to fox and mario. Falco needs range on smashes and or more power so he stays the slower clone. Dr mario needs his Fsmash sweetspot the same as marios because arm sweetspot basically just gives him less range. Could also use better pills, maybe a weight increase so he dies slower.

Also, why would you want a shiek buff? Please no.

Lucario would be awful with that, high auras the only time he's good, you can't nerf it without adding buffs elsewhere.

DK with heavy armor would pretty much begin to become more like any other heavy, I'd much rather see other buffs.

I also think you really underestimate what charizard and dedede need.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now what you're saying just makes falco and dr mario closer to fox and mario. Falco needs range on smashes and or more power so he stays the slower clone. Dr mario needs his Fsmash sweetspot the same as marios because arm sweetspot basically just gives him less range. Could also use better pills, maybe a weight increase so he dies slower.

Also, why would you want a shiek buff? Please no.

Lucario would be awful with that, high auras the only time he's good, you can't nerf it without adding buffs elsewhere.

DK with heavy armor would pretty much begin to become more like any other heavy, I'd much rather see other buffs.

I also think you really underestimate what charizard and dedede need.
I'm just spitballin'. You're free to disagree with me if you so choose. :3

And it's not really a Sheik buff: greater throw distance means it's more difficult to setup for Bouncing Fish combos.

Braydon

Smash Ace
It seems to me the main problem with heavies in this game is their Fairs:
:4charizard:Fairly large startup lag, not to great range
:4ganondorf:Long windup low range
:4dedede:Massive start lag
:4dk:Long start lag, low range, the swing takes a while to reach the lower hitbox
I really think that's the main reason you won't see many charizards or DKs, their air game is really lacking, especially DK. Char can at least rocksmash you in the air or flair, DK's specials aren't so good in the air.

I think the start up lag of all four of these chars Fairs should be reduced, and all but Dedede should get more range.

I'm just spitballin'. You're free to disagree with me if you so choose. :3

And it's not really a Sheik buff: greater throw distance means it's more difficult to setup for Bouncing Fish combos.
Personally I'd prefer weakening the fish, increasing throw distance could help her in some situations.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
It seems to me the main problem with heavies in this game is their Fairs:
:4charizard:Fairly large startup lag, not to great range
:4ganondorf:Long windup low range
:4dedede:Massive start lag
:4dk:Long start lag, low range, the swing takes a while to reach the lower hitbox
I really think that's the main reason you won't see many charizards or DKs, their air game is really lacking, especially DK. Char can at least rocksmash you in the air or flair, DK's specials aren't so good in the air.

I think the start up lag of all four of these chars Fairs should be reduced, and all but Dedede should get more range.

Personally I'd prefer weakening the fish, increasing throw distance could help her in some situations.
Charizard's air game is fine; it's just that Charizard has a slightly better air speed than Luigi which is a massive problem for him other than his Bair having a bit too much landing lag and his UpSmash not connectiing both hits half the time. You'd think that being a Fire/Flying type would make him move like Wario in the air, but naw. Instead, Sakurai just screws up the heavies like he always does...

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Decrease Leaf Shield's startup time, allow Megaman to shoot pellets while in it and make it resist stronger attacks.

Increase the range of Wii Fit Trainer's smashes.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Charizard's air game is definitely not fine, his Fair is laggy, low priority, and only mid range, his Nair is absurdly laggy, his down air has the lowest range of all the heavy's meteor smashes, and his air speed is atrocious.

Top Bottom