• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair Punching

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Bair's hitbox extends oddly far in front of Falco (when you hit with it it looks like he's punching them :laugh:), considering its amazing speed, high priority, long length of hitbox time and its quick recovery time we can make good use of this odd hitbox.
(If you dont believe me that it it works check 1:31 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yPUAgsL9UM)

Uses:
A very good technique I've begun to mess around with is running off the stage and immediately bairing into a recovering opponent. Often after spiking them, like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1Z-65iEfM&feature=channel_page (8 seconds in)

They either:
A. Get hit with the foot of the bair and are stage spiked,
B. Get hit with the front and are knocked away far enough that Falco can grab the ledge before them ( or they can't grab it at all),
C. The hits trade and both characters are vulnerable, with Falco usually still having more time to act. (This only really happens with random really high priority recoveries: shuttle loop etc)
D. The bair is outprioritized (Marth can do this, but only with very strict timing.... otherwise he gets beaten out)

Thats it, this technique has been highly effective for me (free damage anyone?). It may seem very high risk at first, but after a while when you mess around with it you'll stop sd'ing. This really ***** certain characters (Falcon has no hope at all) so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Happy new years Falco's.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I've never actually thought about using bair like that. It's a really quick way to get that extra bit of damage and it hits pretty much all the time because of the lingering hitbox of the move.

Good find Minus.

For the hitbox in front of the Bair, that will be a nice mix up method I did not think of using before. Typically in that situation where you are following someone close to the ground from the air I do Nair > AAA combo for damage. Although using the Bair gets knockback.

Another idea for my arsenal of attack methods.

Vlade

Social Outcast

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's way too good. We were laughing about it for a long time when he actually showed us how it worked, it's ridiculous xD.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Bair punching is amazing. I used to use it just to ledge guard, but now I can just bair punch punch punch all the time!

It's really useful because Falco doesn't have too many off stage options otherwise (yes I know lasers, but bair punching is surprising!)

Top Bottom