• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair cancel

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
How to do it:
Short hop bair ->Buf. Air dodge

What it does:
Cuts the landing animation.

You can also cancel nairs and uairs, but it is more noticable with bairs. Link has a better bair cancel imo. Has anyone used this in actual fight? If so, does it help?

Matt07

Smash Master
I didn't know about this actually, thanks! I'll use to become a little quicker/space better.

I'm fairly certain Boss does this like almost all the time, really consistently. It's why his Mario seems a lot faster then most.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I don't have much information on this, but to airdodge after a bair, the full bair animation would have to be complete, correct? If the animation was complete, there would be no lag anyway.

Why I'm asking is because there are some moves such as Ganondorf's up smash that can be cancelled during the ending animation to perform other actions. It's why Peach slide back after her dtilt iirc. I didn't know they had that for any aerials though. Even so, the lag from a bair is very little and Mario is able to second jump after a single bair. Doing an airdodge also means Mario can't do a double bair.

If it's true that Mario can cancel the ending animation, it might be useful.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I don't have much information on this, but to airdodge after a bair, the full bair animation would have to be complete, correct? If the animation was complete, there would be no lag anyway.

Why I'm asking is because there are some moves such as Ganondorf's up smash that can be cancelled during the ending animation to perform other actions. It's why Peach slide back after her dtilt iirc. I didn't know they had that for any aerials though. Even so, the lag from a bair is very little and Mario is able to second jump after a single bair. Doing an airdodge also means Mario can't do a double bair.

If it's true that Mario can cancel the ending animation, it might be useful.
Yeah, to some degree it's true because if you double jump during a bair at the right time, the double jump rings will not show. What really stands out about this is the speed at which mario is "sucked" to ground. He touches the ground faster than a normal short hop bair and when he lands, he lands in his neutral stance.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
woow this is like L- cancelling in melee......ohhh melee.......*falling in love*....anyways....let's go back to brawl^^
so when i get you right you mean it skips the landing lag that occurs when mario is falling to the ground like when ffbair??
hmmm....marios bair has nearly no lag animation but yeah it might be useful^^ i mean every half second counts ;)

Top Bottom