• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
By the way, how many soundbites do you need?
Don't know, but probably around 20-25 including grunts.
It doesn't give me any of those options. Is there a tutorial on the thread that i can look up? No one wants to reply to my thread. If not, thanks anyways.
There are no tutorials, but i can show how its done:
0.png

And thats it. Then just save it (if there is no Game ID, then put RSBE01 in that box).

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Alright. So far I've found a few good sounds that could be used with his victory animations, and one that'd be great for a taunt.

Since his base of operations in the show is a cave, I'm hoping to find a decent echoing scream that could be used for a Star KO.

It'll take me about a week to get through the series, accounting for activities like sleeping, eating, and taking breaks so that my brain doesn't turn to mashed bananas.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow the torture begins anew.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright. So far I've found a few good sounds that could be used with his victory animations, and one that'd be great for a taunt.

Since his base of operations in the show is a cave, I'm hoping to find a decent echoing scream that could be used for a Star KO.

It'll take me about a week to get through the series, accounting for activities like sleeping, eating, and taking breaks so that my brain doesn't turn to mashed bananas.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow the torture begins anew.
Good night and who needs to eat, sleep and take breaks? Thats lame. /s

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Er...don't know. Maybe have this Kraid be Fake Kraid and then have him call real thing?
YES,

Have a huge, super armored, immune to grabs Kraid fall down and bring death and destruction and stage-sized hitboxes on those that dare to defy the ALMIGHTY SPACE PIRATES! HAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha...

hrm, yep, sounds good to me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
YES,

Have a huge, super armored, immune to grabs Kraid fall down and bring death and destruction and stage-sized hitboxes on those that dare to defy the ALMIGHTY SPACE PIRATES! HAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha...

hrm, yep, sounds good to me.
...ok, now just need to figure out how to actualy do this.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Bagan, by chance would you mind making a low poly model for Ridley(N64 based)?
I can't make models, but there is something that could be used for that.
ScreenCapture152.png

Just needs to have its textures and rigging fixed and it needs to be symetrical. And probably optimized.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And its done:
Would have uploaded it to Youtube if it worked for me, but its blocked for this country again. For some reasons, audio is delayed even though it was fine in original video...thanks, Dailymotion. I missed few times, but whaddya gonna do.
If there will be video of higher quality, i doubt this one will remain.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
And its done:
Would have uploaded it to Youtube if it worked for me, but its blocked for this country again. For some reasons, audio is delayed even though it was fine in original video...thanks, Dailymotion. I missed few times, but whaddya gonna do.
Metal Face looks awesome, The only problem I have is the Trace Effect He has, It looks pretty wierd..

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Recording something. Will be ready today or tomorrow.

...i was going to make a request in that thread at some point. Then you can help. Do you want to animate certain character(s) or all of them are fine?
All are fine. Whatever I can help with. I should have a better computer soon that actually runs brawlbox 100% and hopefully runs maya when i learn how to use it

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie, I can't comment on how good or bad the moveset or animations are. He's moving too fast, it's almost instant.

For that reason, I'm withholding from giving more comments on the moveset.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
And its done:
"HEY HEY, TIME TO DIE!!!"

Oh god I can't even describe how awesome Metal Face is. I was nerding out throughout the video.

I really appreciate the quality that you place into your mods Bagan. Its not just some badly made and poorly animated atrocity that you see a lot of on the brawl vault. Hats off to you and your team and I look forward to playing as Metal Face.

(also just as a alt colour idea, what about a Metal Sonic colour. Cuz, you know..... "Metal" Face....)
(I'll see myself out...)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I seriously can't even believe how good Metal Face looks! I wish Shulk was in this game to face off against him soooo bad. Excellent work man!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"HEY HEY, TIME TO DIE!!!"

Oh god I can't even describe how awesome Metal Face is. I was nerding out throughout the video.

I really appreciate the quality that you place into your mods Bagan. Its not just some badly made and poorly animated atrocity that you see a lot of on the brawl vault. Hats off to you and your team and I look forward to playing as Metal Face.

(also just as a alt colour idea, what about a Metal Sonic colour. Cuz, you know..... "Metal" Face....)
(I'll see myself out...)
Yeah, he is awesome and thanks.

Technically, he is "Black" Face, but that could work.
I seriously can't even believe how good Metal Face looks! I wish Shulk was in this game to face off against him soooo bad. Excellent work man!
Thanks and at least there are model hacks for Shulk over Ike and voice replacement. Not same, but better than nothing.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The only problem I see is that fireball. It doesn't seem very useful in neutral for small stages, too annoying in large stages and a way to get some cheap kills. It doesn't seem to work well with the rest of his moveset either.

Other than that he looks great.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The only problem I see is that fireball. It doesn't seem very useful in neutral for small stages, too annoying in large stages and a way to get some cheap kills. It doesn't seem to work well with the rest of his moveset either.

Other than that he looks great.
Cheap kills? I don't think its possible to kill with it until very high % and it launches straight up (not 90*, but 80* is close enough), like with Pit's arrows (which at least can be angled after they are shot). But i'll admit that i just put this thing in his moveset to give him uncharged Neutral B and a way to deal with opponents from distance.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And its done:
Rambo-Likes-Machine-Gun.jpg

This look so ****ing awesome! I love it! :D
Great job as always! :)

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
And its done:
That is ridiculously cool. I can't wait to play Metal Face! Your Ridley is awesome. I'm looking forward to K. Rool too!

Is there any chance we'll be able to add your characters to 3.6 without overwriting other characters at some point? If I could give them their own slots, I'd see no reason not to have these in my regular Project M build all the time. I'd love to experiment with the characters in friendlies and really explore their balance with the rest of the cast.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He almost looks OP as derp. :V
Not when you actually hit him. He is like Ganondorf with that except worse because he falls faster and only his wings lack hurtboxes. And he can barely recover unless he is right below ledge or above it.
That is absolutely incredible. Any idea when it will be released?
No. Im working on him and K. Rool at same time, so, things are random.
what was that spinny disc move he used a couple times
Side Smash. Low knockback (because of long hitbox duration), high shield damage (usually breaks them or at least gets close to doing that) and high damage. Launches straight up, so, it can't be used to safely gimp people. Based off his Dead Way art from Xenoblade Chronicles, but modified to work like in Project X Zone 2:

Animation is still based off XC animation while disc thing itself might not be accurate to how it is in XC, but its too fast to properly replicate.
View attachment 87405
This look so ****ing awesome! I love it! :D
Great job as always! :)
Thanks.
That is ridiculously cool. I can't wait to play Metal Face! Your Ridley is awesome. I'm looking forward to K. Rool too!

Is there any chance we'll be able to add your characters to 3.6 without overwriting other characters at some point? If I could give them their own slots, I'd see no reason not to have these in my regular Project M build all the time. I'd love to experiment with the characters in friendlies and really explore their balance with the rest of the cast.
Thanks and yes. PyortLuzhin and others already work on making it possible to use clone engine properly as far as i know. The only problem would be soundbanks.

1963 views in one day? Didn't expected that. I wonder how much Kraid or even K. Rool will get...

Last edited:
Top Bottom