• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[b]pkt2 Is Killing Me[/b]

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid/stop Lucas's/Ness's PKT2.

FYI: PKT2 is a PK Thunder that hits the owner and sends him flying w/ high knockback/damage?

Thanks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Listen to the cue of Ness/Lucas saying PK thunder. Learn to read what path it'll go from how PK thunder hits them.

don't jump into it....

Seriously, if you do not see this move coming.... quit now...

and Lucas's PKT2 doesn't kill

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Have you tried getting out of the way or putting your shield up?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Listen to the cue of Ness/Lucas saying PK thunder. Learn to read what path it'll go from how PK thunder hits them.

don't jump into it....

Seriously, if you do not see this move coming.... quit now...

and Lucas's PKT2 doesn't kill
That. Im sick of people not dealing with such a simple move. If your opponent is literally psychic then yes it's cheap but come on!

Shield it and punish.

gallax

Smash Hero
lol. this really isnt that hard to counter. there are various edgestalling techs as wells as a thing called a shield. i like esams edgestall the best though.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
haha i no, but im always misjudging the distance and the lag afterward. lucas/ness just give me trouble in general

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Seriously, this isn't really all that tough... Just shield it if you can't seem to judge the distance correctly. Otherwise, pick up Ness/Lucas and play with them until you know how far it goes, though it's easier to shield, follow, then punish them at the end of the move.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
When PK whatever starts, run away.

Then shield until the animation is over and forward smash. Oftentimes if you are too far away from the end of the move you won't be able to punish.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You cannot defeat PKT2. Just ask Simna. The move is unstoppable, unavoidable, and is impossible to predict or punish.

But seriously, for starters, just run away when you hear him scream until you get good enough at beating him to the punch and/or avoiding it naturally.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
many options.. i ll rank them in ease
0.bolt before he hits himself
1.jump away
2.Quick attack around it
3.Hold your shield
4.power shield it
5.dodge
6.Charged F smash or head butt
7.thunder
8.grab

if you merely wish to counter it but if you wanna punish
Jump, Dair, Reverse FSmash. Done and done.
is probably best

vs lucario try to remember Fair & bolt spam pika better then lucario at edge gaming so just fight near edges

Levitas

the moon
It didn't that one time I did the suicide PKT2 at ankoku. Instead it did a reverse hit and put him in towards the stage.

Seriously, though, Lucas's PKT2 doesn't kill well.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Not WELL but I've done it. EPICLY I might add. Pirate ship. I did an uptilt, followed with an uair, then PKT'd Clockwise, hit Ness to the left and launched myself at him. KILL!

The others were great too. He was charging an Fsmash and I just walked up and sticked him. ^_^ For the third I meteored him INTO a cannonball. I'm the best Lucas evar!

lolluck

Top Bottom