• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthly VIII Results! (MK banned)

Captain L

Smash Champion
umm Dawson I ran the stream lol. Thanks for the shoutout though :)

I did write some up but didn't quite finish, and then must've closed that tab at some point throughout the day, I will write them up soon though! Just gotta finish mon français project.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Captain L: Congrats on winning bro. Our games were close albeit peach, it was a fun set though. I'm going to learn Olimar, and you know I can pick up characters fast, I'm going to do this at every smashfest for now on, or maybe I'm just saying this to scare you ;)... or am I?

Drake: Super friendly guy and I love your commentating. Next time can we agree on Snake/Wario vs Rob first game? I don't like these mindgames anymore, except rock paper scissors, or in my case "scissors scissors scissors, followed by, paper scissors rock. Going in I was probably most scared of facing you, our sets were fun.

Big D: Drop DDD dude, you don't need it, except maybe for Jason.

Blue Yoshi: Had a very fun weekend with you, Team Super Awesome Dynamite Platinum Brothers FTW.

Deap: Maybe some Johns are legit, you definitely played better to than at my place. Congrats on taking out Jason and finishing 5th. :popo: all day baby

Firefly: I would like to apologize for my behavior, I know I seemed mad but hopefully you could see the smile on my face. Thanks for hosting IMO the best monthly yet. I really appreciate all the things you do for BC.

Kantrip: Congrats on 7th tied with Jason. I really enjoyed those doubles matches, the dream team was amazing. That diddy is looking good though, I saw the replays of you vs Braden, and some others, I think you just have to get over your nerves, you really are a great player.

Jason: Congrats on 7th, can't believe you were coaching against me qq. That was an intense doubles match. I guess I'm a bit better than those wifi Dededes you play ;) best of luck at the next tourney. Also salty about the random ganon ditto, I learned it hella with Rob so we're doing that next tourney.

StarWaffle: I kind of expected you'd be free in pools but you brought your game. I think you're a good player but you've got to learn how to think. You are doing everything right, but that isn't necessarily the "right" thing.

SKidd: Why did you have to beat Rob lol, gave me a hard bracket. Congrats dude, we never got to play :( but I'm glad you did well.

Crisis: I was legit scared of you going in hoping I didn't face you in bracket, shame you had to face pika early on. You are good and I think that you will take it one day...

Courier: It was fun in LT doubles, don't worry about not winning, we placed second and that's good to. As far as your main goes just pick someone who you have fun as. If you find winning fun and other characters help you do that then so be it, if not then stick with Zelda.

Sinister: We didn't get to play too much and that sucked about your bracket, I had it nearly identical. Rob and I think you keep getting screwed by brackets. It kinda sucks for a wolf main in BC, but hey, that's the price of being hella flashy.

Captain M: I really hope you enjoyed yourself, I brought you and didn't hang out much, please keep coming, and bring JM with you.

Sokr: We didn't really play too much, keep coming out. Keep practicing it, I've heard good things.

BAGS!: Our set was lolzy, kept fishing for tire lock. Snake is a fun character, I hope you remember what i said about nade shielding, it really is one of snake's best defenses/approaches. Keep at it man, and look up snake vids to see what kind of stuff they do, it helped me.

Cookieless: Thanks for running the stream, I hope it was saved. We didn't talk much but I really hope you come back, I grew a lot from that last tourney IMO.

Osirus/Default: I'm glad I finally met you, it has been like a year and a half of playing online and finally we met. Fun guy, and there's always that awkward moment when you meet someone IRL, but overall that was fun. You're still progressing, keep practicing via wifi/trevor and you'll be taking names one day.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Captain L: Dude, I don't know if you went easy on me in friendlies, but you're such a potent player. I don't know how to even compete against you. A chill dude, with mad skills. Congrats on winning, I got no johns, you're just the better player.

Big D: Thanks bro, I enjoy commentating and did my best. I would be totally down for snake/wario vs rob, it gets very stressful when half the match is lost if the guessing game is lost. Seems like a toss up on who would win :/ Not gonna lie, I didn't expect too much from you. You definitely showed my up, and threw my cockiness in my face. A potent player and a constant threat you will be *yoda voice*. Props on sissors x3 mindgames.

Blue Yoshi: I learned a lot from you, learned a whole new MU. Thanks for coming out, you sure took me for a stressful ride. Sick job 2 stocking me game 1. You got me scared there.

Deap: Good games buddy, i enjoyed the money matches and lolzy friendlies. Ya gotta stay off the stream though (my friends even muted you...some others wouldn't be afraid to simply close the stream). Good games big guy.

Firefly: Props to team kinda Nova Scotia! I'd love to review the matches together sometime and learn from our mistakes. I came that day thinking that you were definitely gonna beat me. You're quite the respectable dude, and very talented with multiple characters. I could see you taking the win next time. GGs

Kantrip: Only played you in pools, but good job man. Refine those skills that you already possess just by playing as much as possible and you'll definitely get even better then you are now. Good games big guy.

Jason: I still want to learn some stuff from you. It's always good to see a different playstyle. I enjoyed our rob dittos for sure. Try and stay alive in LT doubles and I think we can take the whole thing. Still, not bitter. It was enjoyable to see ya and team with ya :)

StarWaffle: Don't be shy big guy! mingle and play as many games as possible when playing other potent players. Good playing with ya, I hope to see ya around again. Don't go giving up for sure just because of some harder losses.

SKidd: <3

Crisis: Man oh man, another guy I thought would be a pushover...since I beat you 3-1 last time we played, but you sure stepped up your game. you were outplaying me, remember that. Just gotta land them kill moves and make some smarter choices, besides that you had me going and scared of losing.

Courier: Always good to see ya bro! I realized that you are a better player then I gave ya credit for. You don't do bad because of skill, but because of your character...friggin pick up peach man! Invest the time and start taking some strong wins.

Sinister: Always funny playing ya. Such a vocal guy, you sure speak your mind mid match. I enjoy fighting your wolf. I was so shocked when you went under smashville. Props for making wolf work, just be sure to keep the practice going and the MU experience. good **** man!

Sorry to anyone I didn't get the chance to play, I would've loved to get some friendlies in with ya. If you ever see me next time be sure to ask to play if you're interested. Good job everyone, I may have gotten second...but I know of at least 5 guys all who could have taken a my win that I had on you. Great skill pool you guys have out here.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Shoutouts!!

Drake: I try as hard as I can in friendlies, but for some reason my game is on a different level whenever there's tournament pressure. Maybe it's just because I tend to play a lot more defensively when I know there's something on the line. Great games in both doubles and singles, can't wait to play you again at the next tourney! Also can we team at least once before you go back to NS?

Big D: If only we could've executed plan "timeout every game for 2 sets worth of grand finals and keep Jake here until 1 am" if only... Don't you dare pick up olimar haha. Winners finals were sick, and all of those dubs matches were as well. Mindgames >__> also also also also yeah shoutouts this is a big shoutout for big D I heard you have a big wii? Is this true? Confirm or deny. We should team sometime. I heard that you were pretty good. Sick job wrecking such a hard bracket. Did you beat Deap with your dedede? Sources report that this is indeed the case. Yea I'm Captain L. Everyone is a little cocky. Risk it to get the biscuit. Stay legit. Stuff like that. How long is this shoutout now? I think it's kind of long, probably the longest out of all of my shoutouts. Woooo.

Blue Yoshi: I still haven't beaten you in a singles bracket set, I gotta get on that bracket manipulating for next tourney :p Really fun games throughout doubles though, thanks for being dedicated enough to come all the way out here again!

Deap: Olimar is pretty dumb... Your singing on stream was lulz though. Nice job on getting 5th!

Firefly: Best TO evarrrrrrrrrrrr thanks for running this monthly Jake! And also thanks for making me lamb and taking the only singles game off me all tournament :p

Jason: Thanks for teaming with me, I'd say we did pretty well! You might be the first person I ever team with twice in tournament if we team again next time, though I also want try a team with Drake or Big D one of these days. Sorry about your loss to deap in singles :/

Kantrip: Grats on 7th! I think our only game was in doubles, wish we'd been able to play some singles. Also, thanks for bringing your friends out, it's nice to see new interest in the game.

Starwaffle: Had lots of fun in those Pika dittos! Sad that you had to leave early :(

SKidd: Those car rides... That pizza... That limerick...

Crisis: We didn't get a chance to play I don't think, but glad you could make it for this one

Courier: You're better than you give yourself credit for. Not saying you should drop zelda, but try using peach in bracket matches next time as well! Even if you go back to solo zelda, I'm told that experience with another character can help your main out in the long run.

also

HUGEEEEEEEEE THANKS FOR UPLOADING THE VIDEOS :bee:

Sinister: Had fun in pools, spacies always freak me out unless I chaingrab them. Glad you came!

Captain M: Nice tag ;)

Sokr: Hope you keep coming out to more of these! I would've tried to play more matches against you if I wasn't busy either playing matches or doing stream commentary.

BAGS! Same as above

Cookieless: Good to see you again! It's a shame you had to leave early, hope you can stay for a full tourney next time :bee:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I guess i should make proper shoutouts

Crisis- Hey sorry bout singles. I saw Falco, panicked and chaingrabbed all day... then left early. I feel scummy about that =[

Catain L- It's always a blast playing your pikachu. We should team up for some doubles friendlies one day just for lulz.

Drake- Thanks for playing those friendlies with me at the start. Sorry i was such a mess.. I was feeling terrible and was probably a little high on all the extra drugs i took that day. I am normally shy but I can usually speak properly >.>

Big D- Your skill in so many different characters astonished me >.< I know snake lives forever but didnt you get to like 250% or something. ****s crazy. Thanks for the matches =D

Kantrip- Thanks so much for the doubles. They are my favorite and since I didn't play in the actual doubles bracket I was all the more excited to play with ya =D I can't remember if we even won once though D=

Blue Yoshi- I agree with whoever said you are the biggest doubles troll =P you are very fun to watch play!

Firefly- Thanks for all the hard work you put into everything!

Skidd- Thanks for the super awkward question about my sister being attractive =D

StarWaffle- Yeah you gotta be more social, you barely know anyone >.>

Captain L

Smash Champion
Double pika is so good in teams, Thunder > thunder combos all day!

SKidd

Smash Master
"There once was a man named Landon
Who found something he could put his hand in"

Crisis

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

Captain L: GJ winning! we didn't play but it wouldn't be very pretty if we did. #1 on BC pr =P

Drake: gaaah ggs. i choked so hard ;_;. but you were ripping through losers and beating everyone. good job on 2nd

Big D: I said you'd get 3rd...didn't I? should be winning doh. guess we didn't quite figure out pika or rob

Blue Yoshi: lol at you showing up, and trolling our pool =P . ggs, twas fun. Big D wouldn't tell me who his partner was.

Deap: didn't play much but gj on fifth :)

Firefly: thanks a lot for hosting. you should main dk :troll:

kantrip: didn't get to play much. but you brought ppl and got 7th ... :D

Jason: wouldn't even play friendlies with me </3, except mk dittos <3

Starwaffle: it's okay. i should do something about pikachu anyways. ggs

F10G: first seeds should be placing higher. lol ggs

Crisis:free~

Courier:repping zelda! we'll play soon

Sinister: you're improving for sure. doing less sinister combos and such... i think. i forgot
to use mario in lt doubles LOL

Captain M: Didn't play, but hope you had fun

Sokr: I think we played, but weren't you the g&w player? if you were then ggs! g&w is pretty awkward to play against as falco.

Bags: lol i might have you confused with above. Otherwise hope you had fun.

Cookieless: marth trips were fun =P.

Meta Knight :metaknight:

Drake12

Smash Ace
@ Capt L I'd love to do some dubz, I don't know if me and Firefly are staying teams assuming breez is a no show. I just feel like he takes first pick or so since we already teamed, if he says that he's gonna be with breez I would love to team with mister 1st place :p You got all da skillz.

@ Crisis Idk if this helps much, but when you were walling me out with your laser was when you were doing best...so I would recommend that you continue doing that, and be less predictable with your kill moves I would also say is a good idea. BEsides that you were doing great man, besides the few bad decisions you made.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw thanks everybody for being so encouraging. If you guys missed my shoutouts they were posted early in the thread.

I wish I had time to work on Peach (or to even play) but so far she's done wonders for my item game :p

Drake12

Smash Ace
Peeaaachhhh. I don't care if you don't practice, she is still giving you wins, or getting you closer. Did you not 3 stock my bowser with her? You also did some good work against my lucario (who I mained when I was a scrub).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was planning to main Zelda until SSB4 comes out. She's so bad she'll be severely buffed in the next game and I'll be able to get my revenge then :(

Seriously, watch out for my 30% sweetspot lightning kicks that last a zillion frames with huger hitboxes. No more silly SDI-ing my f/u smash, and no more cancelling my Din's Fire which will have a major range and priority upgrade.

Lagless recovery, less skill lag and maybe a dacus too (yes, an approach). :c

Ganondorf has more rep and more results. If the tier list is a representation of character success in real life, why isn't Zelda last? :(

Top Bottom