• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[B][/B]No Invincibility After Respawn

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
I kinda hope it was taken out for the demo... though shortening it a tad (maybe a second or so) in Brawl compared to Melee would be ideal. Otherwise we'll end up with stuff like floaty characters geting uair'd by Fox and friends.

Exactly. hence my previous suggestion.

Wence

Smash Rookie
Something i noticed in the Castle siege IGN movie. At like 1:10 in the movie mario is dead, as soon as he comes back he drops down in front of Metaknight and takes what looks like a forward smash and it just goes right thru him and he takes no damage. What do you think?

Mama

Smash Ace
Something i noticed in the Castle siege IGN movie. At like 1:10 in the movie mario is dead, as soon as he comes back he drops down in front of Metaknight and takes what looks like a forward smash and it just goes right thru him and he takes no damage. What do you think?
Its invincibility. apparently nobody reads the later posts around here because I posted earlier that Mario is still blinking after he comes down in the 7 minute preview vid. Watch it. As soon as he touches the platform you see him blinking.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
umm...no he doesnt. he has invincibility frames when hes on the platform.yes.but as soon as he gets off its gone. and the cpu keeps on doing his A-move out of the rspawn so its hard 2 tell thats y the samus vs. mario part is better proof.
You idiot, I was talking about the ledge, not after he respawns.

Njs523

Smash Cadet
honestly i find that your invicible is stupid in real life if you get knocked down are you invicible after you get up NO.
I also can't jump multiple times in mid-air in real life, and even my normal single jump is not two/three times my height. Would you prefer they change that too for the sake of realism?

Mama

Smash Ace
I also can't jump multiple times in mid-air in real life, and even my normal single jump is not two/three times my height. Would you prefer they change that too for the sake of realism?
Well I was thrown off of a cliff once during a fight and a few seconds later I came floating down from the sky. At least that part is realistic about the series. lolz

Kee Something

Smash Rookie
That's why you use your common sense to get away and then go after them after the invinciblity runs off.
Gee, thanks for pointing out the obvious. It's still cheap when you are playing one-on-one. It's like a free Starman, and playing with items it completely lame.

Anyways, I'm very please this is removed in Brawl!

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Temporary invincibility was ******** and lasted far too long in Melee. At most there should be half a second of invincibility (enough to get to the ground).
I agree with this. Just enough for someone to be able to get to the ground(and it seems like this may be the case due to the Castle siege IGN movie).

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I liked my bud AzureKiteSky's suggestion of invincible and attack lock. That way you can't do anything to gain an upper hand, but you won't have the risk of getting caught up in another juggling run (which is most likely what screwed you over in the first place and got you KOed).
Inaccurate anime-based usernames FTW!

Peace out, AKS

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Exactly what I was going to say!

QFT!

I can't wait to FC quick nair the hecka out of these noobs and then right when the come back float on level with the respawn platform and own. Seriously, this is great for use advanced players!
I really hate the term n00b...

There seems to be too many people that confuse someone that's not as good as themselves with someone who won't even make an attempt. Really the term makes the ones using it sound snobbish and overly elitist.

Either way, this feature isn't a breaker as far as a feature nor was it really a glitch... stay or go I suppose.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I guess we might find out something soon...if the demo nintendo is allowing playable today is any different than the last one.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
This widens the gap between good players and bad players. The invincibility frames helped noobs get a chance to breath when they come back from dying. Now when they comeback they'll just jump right back into the ownage again. I think I'm going to enjoy that a lot.
I love that point. Here's to hoping it's out/shortened considerably.

I'd just hate to jump right into a zero laser though.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
What in hell does respawning have to do with grabbing the ledge? I don't understand the thought process of the people on this board.
People take advantage of their respawn invincibility? People take advantage of the edge guard invincibility?

I am sure you'll get invincibility when you grab the ledge, or else they can just Down Smash you off. But hopefully they decrease the length of time you are invincible when you grab on.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There is invincibility after spawning. I'll prove it in the Advanced Technique thread later. You can see it on IGN's video of MetaKnight's Ship.
There was never invincibility in Sudden Death. There is no respawn in Sudden Death. you die... Game Set

As for invincibility in Edge Recovery, there is, but I don't remember the video. I think MetaKnight or Mario does it in GameVideo's (1up) Diddy Kong Final Smash video

Edit: Okay, I take that back. Respawn Invincibility is gone but grabbing EdgeGrab Invincibility isn't. Look at ssbros_shipbattle2_101207_wmvhd.wmv on IGN MetaKnight is invincible on an edge as an item passes him.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
This great news for some of the more advanced players but as people have already pointed out...
Beginners will be faced with a far more harsh environment...
On the other hand... Who cares? They'll just have to learn a little more quickly.

Top Bottom