• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[B][/B]No Invincibility After Respawn

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I noticed while i was watching those gameplay videos that whenever u died and respawned u werent temporairily invincible, like in the previous super smash games. i personally think its better that way, it levels the playing field even more, no unfair advantages. well i just wanted to know what you all thought about or if u even cared.
this is kinda an over view vid found it on youtube ull see wat im talkin bout: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CH2NkT-1Qy0

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
this also may mean no more invincibility on ledges

which is coolio in my book

edit: of course they may have just not implemented it yet for whatever reason but that is doubtful

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
this also may mean no more invincibility on ledges

which is coolio in my book

edit: of course they may have just not implemented it yet for whatever reason but that is doubtful
What in hell does respawning have to do with grabbing the ledge? I don't understand the thought process of the people on this board.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
What in hell does respawning have to do with grabbing the ledge? I don't understand the thought process of the people on this board.
you got invincibility frames from respawning

you got invincibility frames when grabbing the ledge

pretty simple stuff here

Ryota

Smash Rookie
It's in the Sudden Death Video. And no, ledges still have an invincibility time, you can even see it in the same video.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace

and I explained the connection

>_>
...no, you didn't. You just named two situations in which you get invincibility frames which lolkthx I already knew.

What I would like you to explain is why you think no respawn invincibility confirms no ledge invincibility. It's like saying that because Mario's down B has been changed, so have all the other characters' zomg.

now I get to do this -> >_>

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
That can't be a good idea...I can't wait to spawn inside Samus zero laser or a random Pokemon attack before I even start. :\

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm having trouble finding the video that shows that you can gte hit after you leave the "angelic" platform. The SSD video doesn't really show anything of the sorts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The temporary invincibility gives players a chance to retaliate before he/she becomes vincible again. Remember the Avenger KO bonus?

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble finding the video that shows that you can gte hit after you leave the "angelic" platform. The SSD video doesn't really show anything of the sorts.
when a charcater is invincible you can tell. they usually flash for a second or two which lets u kno that u r invincible. and if u watch closely to the chars after they die and respawn they dont flash at all, but when they grab ledges they do. which most likely means that your invincible for a short period of time when you grab a ledge but not when u respawn.

This could be changed when Brawl comes out.
this could also be true. but im just going by what i saw.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Temporary invincibility was ******** and lasted far too long in Melee. At most there should be half a second of invincibility (enough to get to the ground).

Jammer

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what happens in Melee in Sudden Death Mode? Is there invincibility after jumping off the angel platform?

I personally never really cared for that invincibility. The other person just runs away (unless they're dumb). It slows down the game, especially if both people die at the same time (then they both wait on the platform for as long as possible, if they're playing optimally). It also lets you charge up your charge shot, if you're Samus, or collect all your needles, if you're Sheik, for free.

you got invincibility frames from respawning

you got invincibility frames when grabbing the ledge

pretty simple stuff here
Um, that's no explanation. I'm sure the game still has a thing called "invincibility frames". For example, heavier characters get invincibility when doing slow moves in Brawl.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This is a demo, things may change. You had only 2 min to fight, and if you were wasting time fighting invincible characters, it wouldn't be efficient. It may have been removed for the demo.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
honestly i find that your invicible is stupid in real life if you get knocked down are you invicible after you get up NO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This widens the gap between good players and bad players. The invincibility frames helped noobs get a chance to breath when they come back from dying. Now when they comeback they'll just jump right back into the ownage again. I think I'm going to enjoy that a lot.

Darqion

Smash Cadet
honestly i find that your invicible is stupid in real life if you get knocked down are you invicible after you get up NO.
I cant really tell if you are serious here.. hmmm lets see...

In real life.. did you ever shoot fireballs at people ? or big lasers ? ever see bowser irl ? ye... i didnt think so either. unless you were joking, keep "real" stuff out of it :p

Kee Something

Smash Rookie
I actually perfer what Brawl is doing. It gives players a cheap advantage to be invincible for the 3 or 4 seconds that they are after they leave the platform. I'm glad Brawl is doing away with it because once you come off the platform, you should be ready to fight.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I actually perfer what Brawl is doing. It gives players a cheap advantage to be invincible for the 3 or 4 seconds that they are after they leave the platform. I'm glad Brawl is doing away with it because once you come off the platform, you should be ready to fight.
That's why you use your common sense to get away and then go after them after the invinciblity runs off.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
...no, you didn't. You just named two situations in which you get invincibility frames which lolkthx I already knew.

What I would like you to explain is why you think no respawn invincibility confirms no ledge invincibility. It's like saying that because Mario's down B has been changed, so have all the other characters' zomg.

Kashakunaki = PopeOfChiliTown Supporter

Meh. Personally, I'm... oh dammit... what's the word... an.. APATHETIC, there we go, I'm apathetic to the whole thing. I don't see it being that big of a deal, though, I think it would be nice if you had JUST ENOUGH invincibility frames to touch the ground before you are vunerable because think about it... if you have a weak aerial game and the other person has a great juggling game, he could juggle you from the second you respawn. That's not cool.

And yeah, Sonic has invincibility frames in the Link vs. Sonic match, so 'nuff said there.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
And yeah, Sonic has invincibility frames in the Link vs. Sonic match, so 'nuff said there.
umm...no he doesnt. he has invincibility frames when hes on the platform.yes.but as soon as he gets off its gone. and the cpu keeps on doing his A-move out of the rspawn so its hard 2 tell thats y the samus vs. mario part is better proof.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman

I

I never said it "confirmed" anything

I was speculating and made it clear that my post was speculation

there is a connection, and whether or not that connection actually meant anything remained to be seen.

90% of all current brawl discussion is speculation my friend

why don't you find another post to whine about ok

Um, that's no explanation. I'm sure the game still has a thing called "invincibility frames". For example, heavier characters get invincibility when doing slow moves in Brawl.
OK first of all, we've already established that you do get invincibility frames when grabbing the ledge. again, see above; my thought process was simply that if they felt like getting rid of some instances of invincibility like respawning, why wouldn't they have possibly done the same thing in other instances as well.

Secondly, no, heavy characters do not get invincibility frames, according to what we know. It's generally accepted that they get frames of 0 knockback while still taking damage.

Mama

Smash Ace
Well watch the video again. Mario clearly has invincibility frames after he touches the ground. In the Sonic vs Link in Smashville stage Sonic clearly has invincibility frames when he grabs the ledge. I'm not sure why the invincibility frames are lacking when Sonic comes down from the platform though. But its safe to say that invincibility from the "respawn" platform are still in as well as ledge frames.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I think the removal of flashing time would be strange. Although that invincibility time may have been cheap, since it gives the person just killed a huge opening to essentially even things out again without risk, it was also a large part of most people's strategies (I know it is part of mine) so people might complain.
There is the possibility that it just hasn't been put in yet, although that is unlikely. As far as I can see it will most likely come back somehow. It's just a video game staple.
If it isn't included, than that's alright as well, I suppose. It will force people to get back into the game and thereofre make things move quicker, but it hought that Sakurai said that he wanted things to be a little slower in this game? Eh, who can understand what that crazy guy is saying half the time anyways...

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
This widens the gap between good players and bad players. The invincibility frames helped noobs get a chance to breath when they come back from dying. Now when they comeback they'll just jump right back into the ownage again. I think I'm going to enjoy that a lot.
Exactly what I was going to say!

QFT!

I can't wait to FC quick nair the hecka out of these noobs and then right when the come back float on level with the respawn platform and own. Seriously, this is great for use advanced players!

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think that making recovory easier in any way would be fun. I think it would add more skill to the aspect of directly koing an enemy.

but back on respawning, heres what I think. Invincibility+attacklock until your feet hit the ground. I admit that the respawn invincibily takes away from the consistency of the match, but respawning itself can also create an unfair positioning disadvantage .

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope it was taken out for the demo... though shortening it a tad (maybe a second or so) in Brawl compared to Melee would be ideal. Otherwise we'll end up with stuff like floaty characters geting uair'd by Fox and friends.

Top Bottom