• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AzOne twO Step: Brawl Tournament June 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Sorry, but no snake players will be coming from NM. We don't believe in Snake.
Then you won't win this tournament unless you play Meta Knight (which apparently you do I'm assuming). You know how to play this game.

To everyone: Enjoy fighting your cluster**** of Snakes and Meta Knights!

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, why'd the venue fee go up 5 dollars from what it used to be?
Like it says in the post all extra money made from venue cost will be put into random prizes. It went up to 10 dollars for 2 reasons

1.) They decided to charge me 800 for both days + a insurance fee.

2.) gives people more insentive to bring a wii or t.v.

but yeah all the excess money will go to 4th and 5th place prizes and random other little event prizes such as the melee tourney.

Finally: it says in the post all the same stuff i posted above please read that before randomly assuming im "pulling a mana cloud" he made like 8k rofl, me charge 10 bucks insted of 5 is nothing. Also mana clouds tourney was 75 dollars to enter..... please make more sense.

Also i lowerd the teams entry from 30 to 25 when i increased the venue fee so there was no change in the cost. But of course nobody noticed that. Just bring a wii and t.v. and you wont have to worrie about it :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Like it says in the post all extra money made from venue cost will be put into random prizes. It went up to 10 dollars for 2 reasons

1.) They decided to charge me 800 for both days + a insurance fee.

2.) gives people more insentive to bring a wii or t.v.

but yeah all the excess money will go to 4th and 5th place prizes and random other little event prizes such as the melee tourney.

Finally: it says in the post all the same stuff i posted above please read that before randomly assuming im "pulling a mana cloud" he made like 8k rofl, me charge 10 bucks insted of 5 is nothing. Also mana clouds tourney was 75 dollars to enter..... please make more sense.

Also i lowerd the teams entry from 30 to 25 when i increased the venue fee so there was no change in the cost. But of course nobody noticed that. Just bring a wii and t.v. and you wont have to worrie about it :)
Lol, I was just joking around with the Manacloud thing.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
The greatest robbery in Smash history was undertaken by Manacloud, AKA Manaclue, AKA Bananaclown at OC3. Something like 2000 dollars went unaccounted for (meaning it didn't go in the prize money) and they pinned it on van rentals and venue fees.

Except there were only like 3 vans and a crappy crowded warehouse for two days. The place wasn't even safe; there were signs warning people about ammonia poisoning all over.

But I got to meet PC Chris.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
The greatest robbery in Smash history was undertaken by Manacloud, AKA Manaclue, AKA Bananaclown at OC3. Something like 2000 dollars went unaccounted for (meaning it didn't go in the prize money) and they pinned it on van rentals and venue fees.

Except there were only like 3 vans and a crappy crowded warehouse for two days. The place wasn't even safe; there were signs warning people about ammonia poisoning all over.

But I got to meet PC Chris.
That sounds terrible. I'm actually glad I didn't go to OC3 now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hay lol hur hur the chairs cost us fifty dollars each and we paid a thousand dollars for our ****ty *** ammonia-filled venue.

Morty

Smash Rookie
no prob, I guess I'm just trying to be the best snake i can be, and mirror matches factor heavily in my confidence... after all, two good players with the same character have no character advantage and it just turns into mind games.
I think one great example as to why this isn't necessarily a good way of deciding who is actually better would be an Ice-Climbers vs. Ice-Climbers match up. Try it, it's silly.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I disagree. I think the better player usually wins.

It's a matter of counter picking. That's why it exists and is called what it is. Counter picking in order to give you an advantage over your opponent. Not only that but flukes do exist.

Oh, and Snake is balls. Screw Snake.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Person A 2-0's Person B
Person B 2-0's Person C
Person C 2-0's Person A

Who is the best?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
What I mean is, being the better player means playing better than the other person at the time of the match/set. <.<

Statistics

Smash Cadet
I think one great example as to why this isn't necessarily a good way of deciding who is actually better would be an Ice-Climbers vs. Ice-Climbers match up. Try it, it's silly.
Well, that would certainly be an extreme example :p

What if your style counters theirs?
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if both players are good enough then "style" is somewhat of a misnomer, as it adjusts to meet the challenge of the other player. A Falco who tries over and over again to outcamp an Olimar will lose, so he must adjust his "style". When two Snakes (or any matching characters) meet, however, the "styles" all but disappear because of their constant variance. Specifically, if one Snake tries to camp, then the other will approach, and vice versa. Eventually, they'll both start playing in a 'universal' manner, and the entire game hinges on mind games.

Mastery of mind games is important to me because it transfers between characters, and because at the end of the day a good deceiver can sometimes win the un-winnable matchups (like, say Ike Vs. Pit, I'm Ike)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
That's exactly how I want you to put it. It doesn't mean that Tope is THE BETTER PLAYER.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Yea but using that logic, how would we know who's better right now, if they can't play right now?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
For starters I think you just contradicted yourself and nextly I think tee hit it on the bullseye.

In that match he played better, it doesn't mean that the better player won.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
What if someone was to get hit with 3 9-hammers from a Game and Watch and lose, does that mean that the Game and watch player is better and more skilled?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The opposing player should have an understanding that a G&W is capable of doing that and should take it into consideration. Plus, if he got hit by all of them, he probably sucks anyway, rofl

In other words, yes.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
I was trying to imply an incredibly lucky situation and you try and turn it around by saying that the other person just sucks?

So you are saying back at goops a while ago, when I hit you with that 9 hammer when you were in the middle of a phantom fox that you just sucked?

yeah see! I can turn things around too.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The opposing player should have an understanding that a G&W is capable of doing that and should take it into consideration. Plus, if he got hit by all of them, he probably sucks anyway, rofl

In other words, yes.

Peach pulls eight stitchfaces and three bomb-ombs in a row.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah, if you're only SLIGHTLY better than them, you're bound to get hit by one/some of them.

Thanatos180

Smash Rookie
This is spiraling downward very, very face if not just because Kosuke is so full of himself to admit that he's wrong.

Edit: This is Kashakunaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom