• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AzC Presents - AzOneTwoStep! - Phoenix Arizona!- JunE! 14th/15th SSBB - Pre-register!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uh oh there's a girl coming? I love playing smash girls lolz they make for good combo videos :)

oh ya i need housing too, casey you got me right? i might go to az early so i can get some practice in w/ AZ #1 RANKED!!!
Why won't you accept my MM? XD.

ICs vs Falco.

$10.

No Johns :).

EoW

Smash Apprentice
yeah sorry about prices, currently the one on cizber is the most up too date..... the venue fee ended up being more then expected..... ill have a confirmed finished pricing on all threads by the 10th..... again i apologize.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
sorry, NV is bringing this one home. =P

Yup, I hear all the best smashers from all over Nevada are going to this! Even some from Reno O.o

I've only heard good things about them... people should be scared...

defsithe

Smash Ace
taken from my post in the regional thread. help?

im looking to coming to this. ill be in las vegas from the 6th or 7th till the 10th. i then plan on taking a plane/bus(small price difference) tuesday to phoenix(plane) Mesa(bus). this however puts me in arizona 3 days before the tourny starts with no place to stay. so u can see my dilemma. is anyone willing to house me that many days? or no of some REALLY cheap place to stay? can some help this deep south texan?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm getting 1st at this tournament.

Sorry guys :).

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
ICs never get first at a BARLW tourney. Just keep jumping and camp with someone like Meta Knight to kill Nana.

Then outgay him with the character you're using.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
AiB tournament page anyone? I've been talking to one of the Mods, and they're up to feature this tourney for a couple weeks (until it happens, i'm assuming), but they don't have a tourney page to link to/upload results to/start AiB discussion on. I can put one up if none of the T.O.'s here want to do it, but I'd rather have one of you guys do it.... o.o

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I had a dream that I 2-0'ed Forward last night. Both matches were on Brinstar, and I was DK. I don't even play DK, but if Brinstar become a random neutral and I play Forward in tournament, Imma play DK. He was sad afterwards, though. D:

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys only three counter picks confirmed as of right now still about 4 under question. including halbred sean.......

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rainbow Cruise better be a counterpick stage.

Morty

Smash Rookie
Please no green greens, and Delfino Plaza. Delfino isn't so bad, but please for the love of god no green greens.

Mind Explosion

Smash Rookie
I live like literally two miles from the tourny. I guess I could let someone stay with me for the tourny, but under a few conditions.

1. You must be chill with smoking bud and/or drink. (I know it's weird, but I hate hanging out with nerds)

2. You're gonna have to find some way for me to trust you such as giving me something of value and/or we'll talk about it later.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I live like literally two miles from the tourny. I guess I could let someone stay with me for the tourny, but under a few conditions.

1. You must be chill with smoking bud and/or drink. (I know it's weird, but I hate hanging out with nerds)

2. You're gonna have to find some way for me to trust you such as giving me something of value and/or we'll talk about it later.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For someone that's 420 friendly, you sure sound uptight.

:confused:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Whats wrong with Lylat?
The stage tilt gimps multiple recoveries, as well as hindering a lot of projectile games. In conjunction, the layout of the stage makes it more difficult for some characters to approach from above. In short, it has as many "neutral" qualities as Halberd does. Not to mention that it greatly aids any characters that use gimping effectively, due to being able to push characters under the stage.

Seriously, not a neutral. Never has been, never should be.

forward

Smash Champion
Guys, Halberd is a neutral stage. I have no idea what people have against the stage, the claw, cell phone beam, and cannon ball? You see those coming from a mile away. The ceiling is low but that's not reason enough to disqualify it.

It is one of the most unique "neutral" designs of any other neutral level. It has a large flat ground (think FD) and a stationary mid-height platfrom (think SV). The other transformation has curved edges (opposite of melee YS style slants) and a middle platform

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I totally agree with Zealy. Lylat Cruise plains sucks.

I see nothing wrong with Halberd too. Grabbing your opponent so they get blasted by the laser is loads of fun.

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
Alright. Well I guess Haldberd could be used instead of Lylat?

Or just stick to FD, SV, and Battlefield. Thats the way it was at UCLA I believe.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
While I know it's not good enough reason to prevent Halberd being neutral alone, I think that it being such an exceptional stage for Olimar (camp under the platform whenever the slopes are present=WIN!), combining it with the ridiculous advantage it gives multijump characters (imma shark!) prevents it from really being true neutral.

I do agree with Forward. None of the stage hazards are particularly... hazardous. You see the claw and bomb from a mile away. If you get thrown into the beam, who cares? Super DI out. It's not even hard.

Still, I think that the neutrals should be Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, and FD, but that's just me, and most of CO.

EoW

Smash Apprentice
While I know it's not good enough reason to prevent Halberd being neutral alone, I think that it being such an exceptional stage for Olimar (camp under the platform whenever the slopes are present=WIN!), combining it with the ridiculous advantage it gives multijump characters (imma shark!) prevents it from really being true neutral.

I do agree with Forward. None of the stage hazards are particularly... hazardous. You see the claw and bomb from a mile away. If you get thrown into the beam, who cares? Super DI out. It's not even hard.

Still, I think that the neutrals should be Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, and FD, but that's just me, and most of CO.
Oki, lylat will be counter pick i suppose.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
EoW, I ♥ you.

Who all are you talking to about CP stages? Mebbe PM me, or something? I can give you CO's list/help discuss/defend/eliminate stages.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Just as long as Lylat Cruise is a CP and Castle Siege isn't in the tourney, I'm fine.

I mean, who honestly likes Lylat Cruise? >_>

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Vat-Zero's favorite stage is Lylat Cruise. I happen to like it too.

However, I would trade Lylat Cruise for Corneria any day. My ROB was born on Corneria.

Top Bottom