• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Anger - Tucson, AZ 8/15/09

forward

Smash Champion
1664 S. Research Loop #226
Tucson, AZ 85710

Their website can be found at http://www.arcadeinabox.com/te/ check it out. They have a video that shows off the location.

Schedule

The venue opens at Noon. Sign ups and friendlies will begin at noon, with the tournament starting at 1pm. Doubles first, followed by singles. We have the venue until midnight, assuming there is time after singles, we will be running a 3 on 3 crew battle tournament.

Entrance fee

Venue fee - $5
Singles - $5
Doubles - $10 per team
3 on 3 - Free

Rules

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* Double elimination bracket.
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on unless agreed upon by the other player.
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned even though it's funny.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is NOT banned
* Each player is allowed a random reset per set for the first match. A stage that is reset will not be played for the first match of a set, no matter how many times it randomly comes up.
* Each player is allowed to ban one stage from the set, neutrals may be banned.
* Pot split:
Singles- 55/30/10/5
Doubles- 60/30/10

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Kongo Jungle (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Mute City (Singles)
* Pokefloats
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
not certain if i can go, but i'd like to! and xander teams you dont want me, so dont count on me going anyway

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Do you know if Melee and brawl are going to be held on a weekly basis at AiAB:TE? The site said tourneys will be held weekly but i don't know if its just SFIV given its popularity.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
SFIV and BB on the side sounds nice. :) Maybe I'll take a gander at GG as well
---
friday: there is an event thingy that updates every now and then according to the website

refer to that

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
ooh, I want to come. my car won't have insurance by then, so i'll have to take the bus. is there anyone who can pick me up?

Edit: it would be pretty cool if I could stay with some of you tuckson guys a day or two before the tournament, so **** can ensue (not literally, but if you ask nicely anything is possible).

AXE 09

Smash Master
snaps... the 15th? i thought it was gonna be the 8th. well shoot, if this will be held on the 15th, then i just MIGHT be able to make it. i'm not 100% sure though. i'll talk to my dad about it. i'll be in phoenix at this time, i'll see if i can drive down

Jane

Smash Hero
so this is a seperate tourney from the ones taking place the 7thh, 8th, and 9th?

ill definately check the brawl one out on the 7th, and id like to go for the others but we'll see (this place is on the opposide side of the city for me >_>)

maxxx: id be so down to go get you but for now im driving momma's car so its not an option ):

forward

Smash Champion
Jane: Yes, this is a separate tournament from those on the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Axe: I hope you can make it now. But what is SV gonna do for a ride now!?

G-mo: Someone should be able to house you. Unfortunately I can't, family issues. But I'll try and make it out to the smash fests that happen pre-tourney.

If anyone can bring cubes, games, and TV's to help out, that would be cool. The venue is supplying some TV's, about 4. They said they could get more if they wanted, but it's up to you guys. More stations means more friendlies, faster tournament, etc.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
so this is a seperate tourney from the ones taking place the 7thh, 8th, and 9th?

ill definately check the brawl one out on the 7th, and id like to go for the others but we'll see (this place is on the opposide side of the city for me >_>)

maxxx: id be so down to go get you but for now im driving momma's car so its not an option ):
Glad to know someone's thinking of me, thanks. :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
oh and after the tournament we're welcome to stay at the venue playing friendlies as long as we want so don't be *****es and go home at 8PM and ****.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Jane: Yes, this is a separate tournament from those on the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Axe: I hope you can make it now. But what is SV gonna do for a ride now!?

G-mo: Someone should be able to house you. Unfortunately I can't, family issues. But I'll try and make it out to the smash fests that happen pre-tourney.

If anyone can bring cubes, games, and TV's to help out, that would be cool. The venue is supplying some TV's, about 4. They said they could get more if they wanted, but it's up to you guys. More stations means more friendlies, faster tournament, etc.
ninja'd.

oh and after the tournament we're welcome to stay at the venue playing friendlies as long as we want so don't be *****es and go home at 8PM and ****.
i'll stay for friendlies if i can. friendlies are dope.

forward

Smash Champion
Alright guys a little update.

I asked Abe (store manager) if they can provide 6 tv's and he said it can be done. We mostly just need cubes and games now.

They sell snacks there, and good ones too. Cliff bars, Tiger milk, and low carb energy drinks. Fuel for DAYZZZ.

This **** is going to be HYPE

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
how long do you think it will be going on for? Cuz the last day of my training (the 15th) gets done at like 6pm, so if i'm on top of everything ahead of time, i want to still try to go and smash for the rest of the night!!

Jane

Smash Hero
i wish arcade in a box wasnt at the edge of the east side ): otherwise i would definitely be going there much more often. place is freakin far man.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If anyone wants to buy a Falcon helmet from me for 65 dollars at AZ Anger, please PM/respond to me ASAP tomorrow. I am working on Tommy's tomorrow, and if I see your request, I'll see what I can do. I can probably do other colors other than default, but I might charge extra (5 tops) if it's anything other than default and black falcon. Please respond ASAP if you need one. These take hours to work on, and if you want a different color, my mom and I will have to rush to Lowe's to get the **** paint.

BTW

Taking most MMs at AZ Anger. $3 minimum, actual amount will be decided on how much money I have and how confident I am.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
aww come on rob don't team with sean for auto-win. make it a challenge and not a devastation for 2nd place teams like Plenip

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Well, my car's insurance expires today, so that means I can't drive to Tucson for this. I think Manny said he'd drive me, but if not, I'll take a greyhound or something.

In that case, can somebody pick me up and shiz?

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
Im going! sounds like fun. I think Joeys coming with me. Ive never really drivin interstate 10 from sv to tucson before so should be fun!!! Ill also bring one game and one cube with a sticky open button.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
ill be driving form central tucson and can pick anyone up within reason, im not driving north of river or west of I10 (exceptions can be made, text me)

520-331-9362, call or text

i have 3 seats left. EDIT: leaving at noonish.

P.S. who the **** is jane?

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
sooo ive decided to go to this tomorrow, I am not good at melee but i wanna gain experience PLUS i need to be somewhere at 8 so i might leave early, therefore if i manage to get far enough that i leave in the middle of a match someone might get a bi =)

Top Bottom