• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ayoub is the best pit in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can cancel your arrows? I didn't know stuff like that. Well no one plays Pit anyways.

Staco

Smash Champion
Who is Ayoub?

& what the heck is arrow canceling?
Lol, american Pits really dont know about this.

(I always say cancling, since my english sucks, lmao)

It´s like Pits most important technic to be played at high level.

Ayoub once took a match of Gluttony (yeah, that guy who beat Ally), by hitting him twice with arrow canceling in one match.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Wait, what?

Lol no wonder American Pits don't place nearly as well as Ayoub does. At high level competitive play, knowing how to AC (Arrow Cancel) is nothing short of being MANDATORY. Frame advantage on shield is kind of broken in this game, if people still fail to realize that after 2 full years of this game being released, I think I can safely surmise that these boards are absolutely, 100% worthless.

I'm pretty sure Ayoub ALONE could forward your metagame as much as you've been COLLECTIVELY been able to do since Brawl's release. Can't blame him if he doesn't care about you guys though. After all, what have you ever done to him except for bashing him because he's European?

Good luck with your abominable metgame.

Kind regards,

Chair

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Who needs arrowloop when you can arrowcancel.
O, and my arrowloop > yours. B)

Greward - Thats called shorthop double arrow.
Dude, I'm able to ArrowLock my opponents, jealous?
Nah my Arrow Loops are better!!!

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
You only stole that from the 3-stock replay against you I send to you so you could learn from your mistakes, wich is your whole game and usage of Pit.

Ich liebe dich.
You may have mixed me up with another "golden Pit" from Europe *cough*, hahaha. :psycho:
Ik hou van je

Btw. when does this Thread get closed?

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I dont think everyone is bashing him, but I am curios as to how ya play. Got any vids? Arrow canceling could be frame useful.. especially with power shielding.. so yeh

Judo777

Smash Master
m2k has a thread only for him. ayoub is better than him so i dont know why we should close this
Oh you mean the thread that's locked that one?

Does Masashi Arrow Cancel? Cause hes good with pit and if he doesn't i suppose its not mandatory.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
After playing Ayoub yesterday I can see how he has improved the last couple of months. In december last year we were close (I main MK, 4th on Dutch PR) and he beat me 60% of the time. Now he 2 stocks me, the arrow cancel really improved the Pit metagame, shield pressure is amazing.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I like how you guys mention Arrow Canceling a million times but no one is going to mention what it looks like or how you do it. Until I see a video, I'm in doubt of this tech, that only Link and Toon Link can do.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You shoudl ask ayoub on how to do it, I'm sure it's not done like TL. He told me you have to buffer the second one and shoot immediately so it won't lag. That's all I know.

Judo777

Smash Master
My last match on youtube was 6 months old. D:
And you expect us to have watched all ur youtube matches? I wouldnt mind hearing how this AT works if it exists but its not gonna effect me in the end i play sheik. But also you should just tell them already cause the only thing ur doing is making everyone not believe you.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
And you expect us to have watched all ur youtube matches? I wouldnt mind hearing how this AT works if it exists but its not gonna effect me in the end i play sheik. But also you should just tell them already cause the only thing ur doing is making everyone not believe you.
What are you talking about 'expect us to have watched all ur youtube matches", I just said my last match was 6 months old... I'm glad you didn't watch them, lulz. And why are you here if you play sheik, x). O, I really care if one believes me or not.

Lol dskank, I bet you wouldn't even come close beating one of Europe's top players. O, I think you'd have a hard time beating randoms aswell, rofl. Same goes for you koolaid, except for the 2nd part. Even tho ily.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Alright then, I think most of us figured you guys knew how to do this already. Timing is a bit strict, and you may consider the whole thing situational, but with decent stage control you don't have to commit to any risks: First, you MUST do a move which includes IASA frames (like dash attack, or ftilt), and you MUST make use of those IASA frame (which isn't hard, even walking means you're canceling your animation). You'll use these IASA frames to carry over on your arrows. Now comes the tricky part, buffer both the charging of an arrow AND the release of it in the 5 frame jumpsquat of a short hop, and buffer during the shooting of that arrow BOTH the charge AND the release of ANOTHER arrow. If done correctly, the amount of IASA frames you've subtracted from the move which included them will be subtracted of your arrow shooting animation, and you'll land with STANDARD landing lag (2 frames). Don't fastfall or you completely mess up the whole process. Also keep in mind that even though you're buffering everything, you cannot make use of the full 10 frame buffer window since your jumpsquat is half of that, so you should be ready for multiple inputs in a VERY small time window. Of course this is all very hard to do. If you spend at least 20 hours of focused practice in it you should be able to pull it off every once in a while, if you want to do it consistently make sure you practice a lot though that's very important. Oh if you arrow delay/arrow cancel (it's the same thing really) from the ledge on the right side of Yoshi's, you'll also extend your invincibility frames there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom