• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awesome use of phantom hits?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
So I was playing a jiggs today and it wasnt really serious or anything so i'd jab my friend out whenever he missed a rest. But one time I did a phantom hit, and jiggs took a little damage but was still asleep. Seeing as how jiggs is kinda hard to combo, anyone ever thought of just phantom hitting her over and over to wrack up percents before you knock her outta the sleep?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Aren't phantom hits rare occurrences? Well, that usually the case with me. If you could get them off continuously, then that'd be pretty against jiggs. (Though a fancy U-tilt or Warlock Punch could finish the job)

Mass

Smash Cadet
If you're very precise you can do that but I think its useless because you dont have the time to reflect when the Jigglitch is asleep (And if you miss your hit you just deal less damage than that you can do)

(I thought the same yesterday about phantom hitting someone who did his third jump but that would require more precision xD And that's just useless)

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I thought phantom hits weren't random, I was under the impression they occur when the hitboxes are tangential. It's all spacing.

Yeah, an u-tilt would do the trick most of the time, but if they're at a real low percent it won't kill

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, they're definitely caused by very very close hits. Anyway, you'd have to consider that Ganon's utilt and Warlock Punch take a while to charge up, so you don't want to run out of time for that.

soap

Smash Hero
I'm Magus son....

but seriously the level of knowledge on the boards compared to a couple years ago is ridiculous

Top Bottom