• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ryan Reynolds is the only one coming back as Deadpool according to a lot of sources from the past 2-3 years of the deal going around..,you should be more worried about the rest of the X-Men cast
Maybe this is just me not being a huge X Men fan but I am fine if X men cast are new, concern is just will the past X Men films still be canon after joining MCU (Star Wars route) or the X men film series is gonna get an entire reboot (Spiderman route)?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe this is just me not being a huge X Men fan but I am fine if X men cast are new, concern is just will the past X Men films still be canon after joining MCU (Star Wars route) or the X men film series is gonna get an entire reboot (Spiderman route)?
They might aswell go with the full reboot for all but Deadpool (who won’t allow such a reboot to happen to him or Reynolds)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They might aswell go with the full reboot for all but Deadpool (who won’t allow such a reboot to happen to him or Reynolds)
Yeah, I'll be mad if the ditch Reynolds.
Speaking of Reynolds, can't wait to see Detective Pikachu movie.

Also, since this place is about Endgame spoiler, can we talk about how people are also going crazy when it comes to getting spoiled on? For those who already watch Endgame it is our responsibility to not spoil any of the plot, it has been sort of a 101... never spoil any movie plot.

But some are just idiots and spoil everything in front of the theater ticket booth... and got punch, not sure who should I feel sorry for lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Also, since this place is about Endgame spoiler, can we talk about how people are also going crazy when it comes to getting spoiled on? For those who already watch Endgame it is our responsibility to not spoil any of the plot, it has been sort of a 101... never spoil any movie plot.

But some are just idiots and spoil everything in front of the theater ticket booth... and got punch, not sure who should I feel sorry for lol.
Tbf the spoiler guy didn’t deserve the beating...his ***** *** deserved worse

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

reminds me of those troll videos of dudes pulling up to the deathly hallows part 2 group and screaming who dies

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Tbf the spoiler guy didn’t deserve the beating...his ***** *** deserved worse
I mean, I know it's not right to punch people in public but.. yeah... that's what you get for spoiling the plot of Endgame...

And to be even more frank, there some people who prefers watching movie after getting spoiled, which I can understand more if it's horror movies... like I just read the entire plot of It and Get Out, and now I kind of want to watch the movie despite I dislike horror films lol.
reminds me of those troll videos of dudes pulling up to the deathly hallows part 2 group and screaming who dies
You already have blurry Endgame movie clips on Youtube though (Which funny how some have Chinese subs... and yes taking these videos in theaters are illegal), I watch just to make sure I was right when talking about the plot here lol, and interesting how when I was watching those clips on the subway, many were dodging from my phone screen lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, I know it's not right to punch people in public but.. yeah... that's what you get for spoiling the plot of Endgame...

And to be even more frank, there some people who prefers watching movie after getting spoiled, which I can understand more if it's horror movies... like I just read the entire plot of It and Get Out, and now I kind of want to watch the movie despite I dislike horror films lol.
Sometimes you gotta do the right thing (beat the **** out of someone) to accomplish something even better

And I wouldn’t spoil horror movies either...unless I’m never gonna watch them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If your being that much of a **** and ruining the biggest movie of this generation, you honestly deserve the ass kicking you get.

When it costs like 30 dollars a ticket now adays it’s not cheap to go out to movies. Not to mentioning ruining the excitement of children is also pretty ****ed up.

You honestly deserve what comes to you. Like I posted in the social, this sums up that scene perfectly:

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My local theatre was only 6 bucks for a ticket.
If a ticket is 30 dollars, I'd expect it to be one of those top of the line IMAX theatres with a meal included.

D

Deleted member

How ****ing awesome was that movie, guys.
HOLY ****

My man! What the **** did I just watch!? Why am I getting so emotional over these characters and their conclusion!? Why was I clapping and cheering when literally everybody who was snapped showed up, including my boy Spiderman, even if I saw it coming!? Why was a third of the movie spent making us go back to previous movies to make me nostalgic and happy!? Why was the final fight so fun to watch!? Why was waiting in a line for an hour to watch a movie worth it!? Why am I happy Black Widow is dead finally!?

I know the answers for all of these, but I'm just too at a loss for words at the moment to articulate all of the emotions I have. All I can say is that movie was amazing. I don't give a **** about what credible complaint you have for it. I'm missing that CinemaSins crap and watching CinemaWins!

I feel it's hilarious. Before Endgame came on, we saw a trailer for Star Wars Episode 9. That ****'s cool. We're going back to the Death Star remains, Lando and the Emperor returns, and it looks visually solid... But **** that! Endgame is the conclusion that made over ten years of movies worth it. Star Wars ain't topping this ****.

I don't know where the future's going at this point when it comes to the MCU. I'll watch Spiderman 2, but that's it until something else catches my eye. I feel so emotionally content with myself right now. Out of everything, I can't believe I was having to hold back tears at the end. I'm not that big of a comic or Marvel fan, but I just grew up watching these movies with my family. While I couldn't see it with anyone this time around, I feel a chapter in my life is completed. All I gotta do now is wait for my brother to watch it.

That was just too good. I'm going to bed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so theres this yt channel called key issues and their thumbnails are barely on the spoiler levels half the time

interesting

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I'm missing that CinemaSins crap and watching CinemaWins!
I've been missing that Cinemasins crap for five years, ever since they made a twenty-minute video tearing apart every single shot of Winter Soldier, when I realized they were just padding their videos to hit the twenty-minute mark and had sold their souls to Youtube monetization like everyone else.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. Just the idea of Cinemasins getting their claws on this movie makes me upset. Seriously, like 90% of the 'sins' they find consist of them just stating something the movie does that's perfectly fine in a sarcastic voice and counting it as a sin.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Never was a fan of CinemaSins in the first place. Mostly as nitpicks are annoying. Especially, strawgrasping ones.
Is CinemaWins a different content creator, or is it the people that do CinemaSins?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When it costs like 30 dollars a ticket now adays it’s not cheap to go out to movies. Not to mentioning ruining the excitement of children is also pretty ****ed up.
Yeah, unless you are watching IMAX, IMAX 3D or Gold Class, which most of the time it doesn't worth it actually...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Never was a fan of CinemaSins in the first place. Mostly as nitpicks are annoying. Especially, strawgrasping ones.
Is CinemaWins a different content creator, or is it the people that do CinemaSins?
Different creator entirely that just uses the exact same format. He's extremely positive and coincidentally also a much better film critic. He seems to know a lot more about what he's talking about (or at least better articulates it).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All the Sins/Wins from games and shows I watch as a way to kill time...as long as the voice actually has my attention

D

Deleted member

I got converted into CinemaWins recently and all I did was watch the first few minutes of their Revenge of the Sith video and then their whole The Last Jedi video.
Probably shouls watch their Infinity War one and I can't wait for when they do Endgame

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cinema sins is satire and mostly never the true thoughts of the guy doing it outside of a few movies that he really hates. So i enjoy watching it as he can still be funny and I never take anything they say seriously.

Cinema wins also isn’t that bad of a channel but their voice is strange when compared to the former even though they are different people entirely, the fact that they concept is the same basically makes it a little weird to take in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh right this thread exists. So uhhh
Hulk was a highlight as despite the poor pacing with the beginning he kept being a cool characters because they remembered he should ****ing talk/become Banner full time
Cap was great and I feel his ending was well-deserved
Thor was great though I don't like the jokes about his weight gain. The fact he's gonna be in GotG3 finally gives me a reason to care about that movie
Iron Man's finally at an end and even if I was tired of seeing Tony everywhere, it's still sad to see him go
It's good that more people are giving Ant Man the respect the karate bug man dude deserves

Honestly my only gripes with the film were the slow pacing at the beginning, the fat jokes and the 'attempt' at LGBT representation. Could have used Sting or a Kamala cameo but I understand why they didn't

Also I see the page's topics include the guy who got beat up for saying spoilers, which no, he didn't deserve any kind of violence you manchildren, and CinemaSins being satire. What are they satirizing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly my only gripes with the film were the slow pacing at the beginning, the fat jokes and the 'attempt' at LGBT representation. Could have used Sting or a Kamala cameo but I understand why they didn't
The fact it was one of the Russos just make it seem like they were patting themselves on the back and that was gross(unless he's gay himself but I doubt so from what I heard)
Also I see the page's topics include the guy who got beat up for saying spoilers, which no, he didn't deserve any kind of violence you manchildren
He deserved to be called off but violence for some ****ing spoilers is just irrational
and CinemaSins being satire. What are they satirizing?
My own life

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The fact it was one of the Russos just make it seem like they were patting themselves on the back and that was gross(unless he's gay himself but I doubt so from what I heard)

He deserved to be called off but violence for some ****ing spoilers is just irrational

My own life
No, he's straight, it's trying to pat themselves on the back for doing less than the bare minimum. Can't believe ****ing Raia washandled significantly better

My point exactly, only manbabies would consider violence a suitable act. Reminds me of when a friend posted "Spider Man dies" on Overwatch when Infinity War came out (Granted he didn't actually know they did that and thought they wouldn't dare)

No that's CinemaWins because you're a good person

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh, one thing that I'm wondering is what the hell they're going to do next. All that's confirmed so far is a Shang Chi movie and I believe they said they're doing Eternals but what else can they do that's new?

Also because this movie means the Black Widow movie is likely a prequel I can just skip it

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So before hand the MCU timeline seemed to line up with the year each movie came out (barring period pieces like the first Cap movie.), this is also shown when they time travel to the events of the other movies, but now they are 5 years in the future compared to our calender. So in the MCU its now 2024 instead of 2019. I do wonder if they're going to keep up this idea of it being five years foward, or sync up the years again soon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, one thing that I'm wondering is what the hell they're going to do next. All that's confirmed so far is a Shang Chi movie and I believe they said they're doing Eternals but what else can they do that's new?

Also because this movie means the Black Widow movie is likely a prequel I can just skip it
We also have sequels galore and Ms.Marvel planned (then some more Spider-Man stuff besides a 3rd movie stuff depending on what Sony decides to do)
So before hand the MCU timeline seemed to line up with the year each movie came out (barring period pieces like the first Cap movie.), this is also shown when they time travel to the events of the other movies, but now they are 5 years in the future compared to our calender. So in the MCU its now 2024 instead of 2019. I do wonder if they're going to keep up this idea of it being five years foward, or sync up the years again soon.
They’ll probably sync the movies up with the year 2023 until they get near it

D

Deleted member

Technically, it's 2023. Endgame starts a few days after IW, so it's still 2018 in their time before the timeskip

D

Deleted member

I just hope Dark Phoenix is actually good
If it isn't, it'll be the second time that storyline has failed.

Indeed, it either be Strange really just forgot about her, or she was in somewhere that Strange was unable to send her to earth.

This could work, and Disney did say they will use the same actor before, but I doubt it, at least let Ryan Renolds still be Deadpool...
How could he forget about someone he didn't know about? I mean, I guess he technically could have known about her, but the rest of the cast didn't learn about her until after the Snap.

Even if he did know about her, I would just assume that he figured she can get herself there since she's like her own personal cosmic rocket ship.

Last edited by a moderator:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
7 pages. No time to read every comment. I just gotta say, I was really annoyed by that "girl power" thing that happened with Captain Marvel taking the gauntlet. If these ladies were really so useful, shouldn't they have been knee deep in the fight? Besides, in what world would a war like that allow a big group of people to just stand around posing and declaring their loyalty to one another? If it was that easy to take a breather then why was Thanos even a threat, ya know? If the guys did the same thing I'd be just as annoyed, but those poor souls were fighting for their lives while these uber-powered women stood around. SMH [end rant]

The rest of the movie was fine with me though. Lots of mid battle antics as always. They one just triggered me a little.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
7 pages. No time to read every comment. I just gotta say, I was really annoyed by that "girl power" thing that happened with Captain Marvel taking the gauntlet. If these ladies were really so useful, shouldn't they have been knee deep in the fight? Besides, in what world would a war like that allow a big group of people to just stand around posing and declaring their loyalty to one another? If it was that easy to take a breather then why was Thanos even a threat, ya know? If the guys did the same thing I'd be just as annoyed, but those poor souls were fighting for their lives while these uber-powered women stood around. SMH [end rant]
Dude, it's "fan service the movie". Relax.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I mean, it's also as simple as Nick Fury being unsnapped then immediately hitting the Captain Marvel button again.

What's more head-scratching to me is that Strange and his guys didn't think to portal Danvers in there from the start.
Didn’t her arrival take the ship’s fire away from the battlefield after Scarlet Witch fought Thanos? Strange probably saw that as a way to buy time for either Scott and Hope to get to the van, or to get Spidey and the Infinity Gauntlet to safety. Another possibility is that if she showed up earlier, they could’ve immediately concentrated all fire on her before getting as close to the ship as she did.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman

The rest of the movie was fine with me though. Lots of mid battle antics as always. They one just triggered me a little.
These characters take breathers during the fights all the time. How about when Star Lord met past Gamora? Or when Tony hugged Peter? Or that shot in Avengers 1 after they blow up the leviathan, where they all stand in a circle posing dramatically while the Chitauri do nothing? These are comic book movies, things like this happen.

My only gripe with that scene was that they implied Captain Marvel even needed help crossing the battlefield. She should've been like "Okay that's nice of you but watch this" and plowed through Thanos's army all by herself.

D

Deleted member

I've been reading some stuff in other places and it's incredible how many people can't understand the very simple time travel rules the film set for itself.
Endgame: "You can't change the past. Altering the events that happen will only create a branched timeline." *Explicitely says you can't kill baby Thanos*
Everyone: "Why don't they help people in the past? Was Steve actually Peggy's husband in the original timeline? Why don't they just kill baby Thanos? This movie was so lazy with time travel."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In terms of the future, I’d be pretty surprised if at the very least Fantastic Four doesn’t make it in phase four. They said phase four was planned out before the Disney deal so don’t expect fox so soon. But if they were adding any thing I think it would be the FF.

As for the next sage theme.

Not sure. The Russo brothers really like secret wars I hear but they made the skrull good guys so how do you do secret wars now?

The most logical choice I think would be Kang The Conquerer. They introduced time travel which is very closely associated with him.

It should be pretty interesting though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fantastic Four would be the easiest of the Marvel properties to introduce. Surprisingly, none of the Marvel movies up to this point has nailed that "fun for the whole family" thing; they've all been somewhat adult geared. I could see them wanting to take advantage of such a recognizable license and reboot it as something to fill out Marvel's movie portfolio.

Fun, goofy scifi family adventure with plenty of comedy and wholesome family drama, preferably with the FF already established rather than another origin movie. Nobody needs the FF's origins again. Just have Sue and Reed married with children already.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sleep: Thinking they're gonna show Fantastic Four because they have the rights now

Woke: Thinking they're gonna show Fantastic Four because God Emperor Doom and Avengers: Secret Wars

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fantastic Four would be the easiest of the Marvel properties to introduce. Surprisingly, none of the Marvel movies up to this point has nailed that "fun for the whole family" thing; they've all been somewhat adult geared. I could see them wanting to take advantage of such a recognizable license and reboot it as something to fill out Marvel's movie portfolio.

Fun, goofy scifi family adventure with plenty of comedy and wholesome family drama, preferably with the FF already established rather than another origin movie. Nobody needs the FF's origins again. Just have Sue and Reed married with children already.
I assume this was the intent behind the Ant-Man but it was still on the adult side.

Also, if they are gonna make a good FF movie, I want them acknowledging Doom being a magician because they have no excuse now.

Top Bottom