• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, anyone wanna speculate what the **** they're gonna build up to for phase 5/6/7?

I really want the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom to become a good thing again. Namor's been pretty well hinted at, the Inhumans are a thing and they'll need to replace Stark, Banner and eventually Pym/Lang as the "smart people who move the plot forward with scifi bull****" characters, so integrating the FF as major players seems like the natural progression of things.

They're arguably the most recognizable property not yet introduced, other than the X-Men. But the X-Men movies have such a massive following that I'm not sure they'll want to reboot or directly integrate them anytime soon.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I just wanted to ask this, if you were to cast any characters into the MCU that haven’t been represented in that continuity yet (including characters from non-MCU Marvel films like Fantastic 4, X-Men, etc.) which actors/actresses would you cast?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, anyone wanna speculate what the **** they're gonna build up to for phase 5/6/7?

I really want the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom to become a good thing again. Namor's been pretty well hinted at, the Inhumans are a thing and they'll need to replace Stark, Banner and eventually Pym/Lang as the "smart people who move the plot forward with scifi bull****" characters, so integrating the FF as major players seems like the natural progression of things.

They're arguably the most recognizable property not yet introduced, other than the X-Men. But the X-Men movies have such a massive following that I'm not sure they'll want to reboot or directly integrate them anytime soon.
Legacy/Ultimate characters and maybe big feature films for any smaller shows like Daredevil/Punisher to integrate them into the larger universe.

Nova and Sentry are also gone when talking about the anti-"oh goddammit it's aliens again" people.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So I just wanted to ask this, if you were to cast any characters into the MCU that haven’t been represented in that continuity yet (including characters from non-MCU Marvel films like Fantastic 4, X-Men, etc.) which actors/actresses would you cast?
I forever wanted Mads Mikkelsen as Victor von Doom...

But that won't ever happen because Kaecilius

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People have argued that we can't get Sentry in the MCU because the gimmick of Sentry is that he was always there since the beginning and if they tried to do that in the movies it obviously wouldn't work out

but we're getting adam warlock, the guy for infinity stones, in a world where the infinity stones are eradicated in GOTG3.

just let the blonde superman with a :ultdarkpit: inside him be free

1556491334693.png

Besides, Sentry is one of the big players in World War Hulk. If that movie ends up being Ruffalo's final gig, Sentry has a chance to be introduced there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish we could get the Netflix heroes to appear in the movies (specifically Daredevil so he can team up with Spider-Man...I really ****ing need that)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Endgame has already made $1.2 billion in such a short timespan...Justice League feels like a bad man now
Endgame could possibly has the chance to surpass Cameron films like Titanic and Avatar.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish we could get the Netflix heroes to appear in the movies (specifically Daredevil so he can team up with Spider-Man...I really ****ing need that)
callback for their first crossover as a circus fight when

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
People have argued that we can't get Sentry in the MCU because the gimmick of Sentry is that he was always there since the beginning and if they tried to do that in the movies it obviously wouldn't work out

but we're getting adam warlock, the guy for infinity stones, in a world where the infinity stones are eradicated in GOTG3.

just let the blonde superman with a :ultdarkpit: inside him be free

View attachment 213528

Besides, Sentry is one of the big players in World War Hulk. If that movie ends up being Ruffalo's final gig, Sentry has a chance to be introduced there.
How the hell would they make a WWH story when Banner is now a one-armed Professor Hulk?

Speaking of, now I'll never get my dream big boy matchup of Hulk vs. The Thing onscreen unless they somehow DO make a WWH movie after integrating the FF into the MCU while still keeping Ruffalo under contract all that time.

EDIT: And a random followup:

Is it just me or did they significantly underpower MCU Hulk? He and Thor are basically equals, his fight with Stark's Hulk Buster was fairly even, and Captain Marvel is now apparently leagues above him, even back when he was still an uncontrollable rage machine.

We only got to see Ruffalo Hulk out in, like, two and a half movies. Then "the Hulk" went away for the other two.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do we even know if Hulk will or won’t recover from the damage the stones did?
If he does:

1) Ruffalo's only under contract for one more movie and we don't know if there are any plans to try and sign him on for more.
2) He's no longer "the Hulk", but a calm Professor Hulk. Banner, like, doesn't fight now, which is likely why they conveniently crippled his right arm via the Infinity Stones.

The way they ended things, all of the original six have completed their movie arcs. Stark died. Cap basically died. Black Widow died. Thor avenged his various family members and found a new life unburdened by his role as king. Hawkeye saved his family and can go back to retirement (he has a TV show but his movie arc is over). And Banner learned to control his Hulk persona and ruined his right arm onscreen.

It seems all by design.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How the hell would they make a WWH story when Banner is now a one-armed Professor Hulk?
Hulk has a healing factor.

It's like one of this main gimmicks in the comics, if they need to, they can always adapt it because Hulk had never been severely damaged then as he did now.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hulk has a healing factor.

It's like one of this main gimmicks in the comics, if they need to, they can always adapt it because Hulk had never been severely damaged then as he did now.
He absolutely does, but the MCU doesn't play strictly by comicbook rules. My thinking is that when a director decides specifically to use something as a major plot device, it's often for a reason. "The Hulk" as we know him was essentially written out of Infinity War and Endgame, and after everything was done they made a point to show Prof. Hulk with an arm brace, coincidentally with Ruffalo having exactly one more movie on his contract.

I just see it a a very intentional cue, rather than something they're just gonna brush under the rug one movie from now. This isn't like the ending of Iron Man 3 where we all knew Iron Man had like three movies left so obviously he'd build more suits.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He absolutely does, but the MCU doesn't play strictly by comicbook rules. My thinking is that when a director decides specifically to use something as a major plot device, it's often for a reason. "The Hulk" as we know him was essentially written out of Infinity War and Endgame, and after everything was done they made a point to show Prof. Hulk with an arm brace, coincidentally with Ruffalo having exactly one more movie on his contract.

I just see it a a very intentional cue, rather than something they're just gonna brush under the rug one movie from now. This isn't like the ending of Iron Man 3 where we all knew Iron Man had like three movies left so obviously he'd build more suits.
hey man, it's whatever mickey mouse wants to **** around with. i think the russos are heading out of the marvel game, so whoever directs anything with the hulk next can just make up a convoluted reason for anything

it's just a possibility

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was a grat film, here are my thoughts
-I liked that present Thanos was dealt quickly and the film focused on the Avengers trying to undo his snap
-Thor was a treat, he's obviously deeply affected by the loss of his family plus there's room for character development and Marvel seems to have found their groove with him starting Ragnarok
-Escaped Loki, past Nebula dead and the snapped Thanos army sure make a lot of timeline changes that Im still pondering about
-Some great moments like America's ass, Cap with Mjolnir and shield beating Thanos, Cap vs Cap, Rescue(Pepper) arriving to save Tony, Scott Lang through the ages, the other perspective of GotG opening scene
-The emotional moments like Thor talking with his mom, Tony's talk with his dad, Scott meeting with a grown up Cassie after finding his name in the memorial, Tony's death and final message
-Clint in his Ronin identity kicking ass
-Smart Hulk in general
-Satisfying endings to Tony and Steve arcs

Hopes for future phases
- Expansion of the Cosmic Marvel Universe with villains like Annihilus, the Magus and the Universal Church of truth, the Kree empire, Superskrull, Galactus, and so on...
-Earthwise, the addition of Doom, Magneto and Kang as potential villains
-Fantastic 4 anf X-men being integrated
-Potential storylines like World War Hulk and Annihilation
-Deadpool being blatantly integrated to the universe like nothing
-More Howard the Duck (now I notice he has the same name as Tony's dad)

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wish he fox deal went through earlier so that in the big fight scene, Deadpool could have just flew out of a portal and be like:

“What’s up ****ers!”

Then everyone would pause and be like who are you?

Then strange could go: He was paid to be here, it’s a long story...

The meta of it would be fun.

D

Deleted member

Gonna copy paste this here. Bit long so I'll spoiler it anyways
Ok so I went into this thinking it was gonna be "good but just to end it all" because the whole reason I liked Infinity War was that it was just one big climax with fight scene after fight scene and it felt so anime so basically, I died like, 65917 times during this move being blown away by how awesome it was

Never cared fpr Hawkeye but damnit opening the movie with THAT is still gonna hurt.

"What makes you so sure this is gonna end any different than last time?"
Carol: "Because you got me."
*Proceeds to beat the **** out of Thanos in 5 seconds*
Goddamnit I love Carol

And then Thor just chopped purple man's hand and then HIS ****ING HEAD JUST LIKE THAT WE'RE NOT EVEN HALF AN HOUR IN WHAT THE ****

And then Scott comes back and the whole scene with his daughter had me remember the two Ant-Man movies and god

Ok we're back to the future now. No, I mean the film, we were always in the future.
"Let's bring the whole team together"
*No one calls Carol*
The MCU only exists because no one ever bothers to call her you ****ing idiots

THOR DEFAULT DANCES **** NOOBMASTER

The whole Japan scene was pointless but I liked it because **** yeah swordfighting
Real talk, really impressed they made me not hate Black Widow and Hawkeye because I absolutely mever cared for them but deep platonic friendships between a man and a woman are my ****ing ****
God I'm actually moved by the Soul Stone scene because it was a fight on its own and **** it really shouldn't have went like that

Ok but the whole New York scene was so damn good
THE ELEVATOR SCENE
THEY EVEN REFERENCED THAT PANEL
I LOVED IT BUT IT ONLY GETS A 10/10 BECAUSE CAP DIDN'T PUNCH ANY NAZIS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 11/10 OTHERWISE

God****ingdamnit Sword Purple man(purple man's Echo Fighter) found out about the time shenanigans **** about to go down

The Asgard scene... happened

Tony talking with his dad was legit moving **** what the ****

Time to snap
OH THEY DID IT THEY DID IT HELL-- OH GOD **** EVERYTHING HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORST

Thor, Cap and Iron Man vs. Purple man? ****ing iconic.
DUAL WIELDING
HAMMER CAP TIME
OH HE DID THE THING, HE SLAMMED MJOLNIR ON THE SHIELD
CAP IS JUST THE GOD OF LIGHTNING NOW I'LL TAKE THAT

Nebula killing herself was easily the death that affected me the most. **** hit real deep but at the end of the day it shows how someone can truly change because while both Nebulas feared purple man, only one of them let her fear of Thanos hold her back.
"We can change."
"He won't let me."
She was given the proof of that in front of her but even then she didn't believe it.

"Cap, look to your left"
Too much to say about that beautiful scene so I'll save us all time
View attachment 213569
One image really is worth a thousand words

Peter and T'Challa are back hell yeah!
Their screentime was short but damn if I didn't love every second of it

Strange got, like, two lines but they were all so good
"If I tell you what's going to happen, it's not gonna happen"
And

Scarlet Witch kicking the purple man's ass hell yeah

Love Carol finally showing the hell up and destryoing that spaceship all by herself while everyone just looks at her like "huh we really should have called her for the time heist"

Ah yes more purple man fighting god these fight scenes are so anime I loved it
He just swings that sword and it works why didn't he have that last movie?

Petition to edit in a squishy sound effect when purple man punchs Carol
God I love Carol please marry me

Oh hey purple man was actually smart with that move, swap the hand and go boom

Tony proves he's actually Brazilian by stealing purple man's stones just like that

"I am... Iron Man"
View attachment 213574

Purple man getting dusted is karma on its finest

Ah god the epilogues were so nice
Everyone being happy
Except Tony's dead
Please remove Peter when Tony is present this boy is making me sad

Valkyrie is now Queen of New Asgard so that's cool
And hey, Thor is going to be joining the Guardians so that's nice. Guess GotG3 is gonna be them trying to find Gamora
Lots of stuff they have to deal with regarding that and I'm (not) ready for that emotional luggage

AH damnit they let Steve have some of that good life that was such a good ending scene

10/10 and I hope it'd just the third best film of this year because I want Detective Pikachu and Rise of Skywalker to be even better

Tl;dr
I could do this all day
Still not over all the purple man fight scenes
Elevator scene best scene
Cap vs Cap also extremely good
Still not over Nebula killing herself
What a goddamn book ends
Marry me Carol
GET DUSTED ON LMAO

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can we talk about how Thanos bought Cloud’s buster sword to beat the **** out of people?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can we talk about how Thanos bought Cloud’s buster sword to beat the snot out of people?
Buster sword?

It's obviously more of Palutena's bow than the buster sword. :4pit:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Gonna copy paste this here. Bit long so I'll spoiler it anyways
Ok so I went into this thinking it was gonna be "good but just to end it all" because the whole reason I liked Infinity War was that it was just one big climax with fight scene after fight scene and it felt so anime so basically, I died like, 65917 times during this move being blown away by how awesome it was

Never cared fpr Hawkeye but damnit opening the movie with THAT is still gonna hurt.

Goddamnit I love Carol

And then Thor just chopped purple man's hand and then HIS ****ING HEAD JUST LIKE THAT WE'RE NOT EVEN HALF AN HOUR IN WHAT THE ****

And then Scott comes back and the whole scene with his daughter had me remember the two Ant-Man movies and god

Ok we're back to the future now. No, I mean the film, we were always in the future.
*No one calls Carol*

THOR DEFAULT DANCES **** NOOBMASTER

The whole Japan scene was pointless but I liked it because **** yeah swordfighting
Real talk, really impressed they made me not hate Black Widow and Hawkeye because I absolutely mever cared for them but deep platonic friendships between a man and a woman are my ****ing ****
God I'm actually moved by the Soul Stone scene because it was a fight on its own and **** it really shouldn't have went like that

THE ELEVATOR SCENE
I LOVED IT BUT IT ONLY GETS A 10/10 BECAUSE CAP DIDN'T PUNCH ANY NAZIS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 11/10 OTHERWISE

God****ingdamnit Sword Purple man(purple man's Echo Fighter) found out about the time shenanigans **** about to go down

The Asgard scene... happened

Tony talking with his dad was legit moving **** what the ****

Time to snap
OH THEY DID IT THEY DID IT HELL-- OH GOD **** EVERYTHING HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORST

Thor, Cap and Iron Man vs. Purple man? ****ing iconic.
DUAL WIELDING
HAMMER CAP TIME
OH HE DID THE THING, HE SLAMMED MJOLNIR ON THE SHIELD
CAP IS JUST THE GOD OF LIGHTNING NOW I'LL TAKE THAT

Nebula killing herself was easily the death that affected me the most. **** hit real deep but at the end of the day it shows how someone can truly change because while both Nebulas feared purple man, only one of them let her fear of Thanos hold her back.
"We can change."
"He won't let me."
She was given the proof of that in front of her but even then she didn't believe it.

"Cap, look to your left"
Too much to say about that beautiful scene so I'll save us all time
View attachment 213569
One image really is worth a thousand words

Strange got, like, two lines but they were all so good
"If I tell you what's going to happen, it's not gonna happen"
And

Scarlet Witch kicking the purple man's *** hell yeah

Love Carol finally showing the hell up and destryoing that spaceship all by herself while everyone just looks at her like "huh we really should have called her for the time heist"

Ah yes more purple man fighting god these fight scenes are so anime I loved it
He just swings that sword and it works why didn't he have that last movie?

Tony proves he's actually Brazilian by stealing purple man's stones just like that

"I am... Iron Man"
View attachment 213574

Everyone being happy
Except Tony's dead

Valkyrie is now Queen of New Asgard so that's cool
And hey, Thor is going to be joining the Guardians so that's nice. Guess GotG3 is gonna be them trying to find Gamora
Lots of stuff they have to deal with regarding that and I'm (not) ready for that emotional luggage

AH damnit they let Steve have some of that good life that was such a good ending scene

10/10 and I hope it'd just the third best film of this year because I want Detective Pikachu and Rise of Skywalker to be even better

Tl;dr
I could do this all day
Still not over all the purple man fight scenes
Elevator scene best scene
Cap vs Cap also extremely good
Still not over Nebula killing herself
What a goddamn book ends
Marry me Carol
GET DUSTED ON LMAO
The fact that you call him Purple Man through this whole thing is hilarious, cause there's already a Marvel villain called The Purple Man.

Also I'd like to point out that a lot of it probably felt anime-ish cause it's really supposed to feel like you're watching a comic book, and the two styles tend to have similarities, especially with action scenes. For example, the "Avengers! ...assemble." bit with Cap really hit me- that shot with everyone together felt exactly like I was looking at a page out of the Avengers comics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that you call him Purple Man through this whole thing is hilarious, cause there's already a Marvel villain called The Purple Man.
Getting tired of all these Echo Fighters :/
Also I'd like to point out that a lot of it probably felt anime-ish cause it's really supposed to feel like you're watching a comic book, and the two styles tend to be pretty similar. Especially the "Avengers! ...assemble." bit with Cap really hit me- that shot with everyone together felt exactly like I was looking at a page out of the Avengers comics.
They really nailed the fighting choregraphy and I hope it keeps consistently good in future films

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait, why Howard? His movie was bad!

Wait, that was many years ago. In the MCU, yeah, he'd be cool.
only the MCU can make Howard a successful movie...they’ve only really ****ed up with Inhumans
Can we talk about how Thanos bought Cloud’s buster sword to beat the **** out of people?
Buster sword?

It's obviously more of Palutena's bow than the buster sword. :4pit:
It’s a mix of both

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I love how Cap does a bunch of fighting game looking moves.

Like that uppercut with the hammer, the ground-wave lightning projectile, the hammer and shield collision, and especially just calling down lightning from the sky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Like that uppercut with the hammer, the ground-wave lightning projectile, the hammer and shield collision, and especially just calling down lightning from the sky.
this is clearly shilling for the new mobile fighter marvel is making

it'll be like the fourth one

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And it won't be mahvel...

But hey at least we'll get to see Twin-blade Thanos.
Maybe.
MARVEL GACHA

WILL YOU GET THE RARE, ILLUSIVE OLD MAN STEVE ON A BENCH?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Marvel vs Capcom 4.

Featuring past Steve Rogers, Present Steve Rogers, Old Man Steve Rogers, and Steve Assgard Rogers.

And don’t other, Dante from the devil may cry series

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
marvel fighting game with old man steve rogers, and his special move is just him slow dancing you to death

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually Thor in Mortal Kombat should be a thing now.
MK is owned by the same parent company that holds DC

likely never happening

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unlikely but it’s not unprecedented:
View attachment 213604
marvel and dc are still as strong rivals as they have been before

this ain't modern nintendo and sega

now DC will easily hold out its arms for other comic bros like Image Comics, but not Marvel.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I thought Doctor Strange was using Gate of Babylon

Oh wait, wrong picture
Here you go...

Still not entirely the same since Doctor Strange creates many portals that sends everybody back to Earth rather than just weapons lol.

I understand Hawkeye was very bummed when his family and kids were affected by the snap, but I still don't get why he never contact Avengers and just went and kill bad guys around the world for 5 years.
Goddamnit I love Carol
LOL, Carol basically has little to none involvement in this entire movie, she saved Tony which was expected (Despite there were guess that Potts would go and save Tony), and how she interacts with other Avengers is pretty bland in my opinion. And she did stop Thanos snapping, until she got blast by Power Stone, lol.

*No one calls Carol*
She already pointed out there times she can't go back and save earth, which somewhat explains why Nick Fury never call her during the past Avenger movies.
And this definitely means we are gonna get another Captain Marvel movie, yes, hope the sequel can explain why she didn't help protect plant Xander from Kree's Ronan.
THE ELEVATOR SCENE
What does Nazi have to do with this? lol
Besides that, It was wise for Cap not to get into any fighting in the elevator.

Ok, you like those two but... the entire scene was basically Avengers' version of EVERYONE IS HERE.
Carol already said she wouldn't return to earth for a while, did you pay attention to that? lol I know this will be controversial but I'm glad how Russo brothers handle Carol aka Captain Marvel, less screentime of her the better while just let her handle some critical moments.

So Carol is basically Spongebob? lol
Eww....

He's Thanos, not Thor lol. He use Power Stone to blast her away, which genius and there were a lot of people in the theater cheered for that... yeah those guys were weird I know.

"I am... Iron Man"
View attachment 213574

Everyone being happy
Except Tony's dead
But, Tony was the one who made the gaunlet, so there's porbably some trick in the glove where he can just transfer all the stones to his hand.

Since you like Carol so much, would you think it would be better if she did the snap? She could survive than Tony or Bruce, but to be fair she was blast away so the chance were slim.

Too bad Thanos didn't say "I don't feel so good..." that would be really nice. An even more karma.

What's your beef with Peter? lol What's confusing was how he still needs to go to school... and most of his friend too, probably means they were all affected by Thano's snap.

hey man, it's whatever mickey mouse wants to **** around with. i think the russos are heading out of the marvel game, so whoever directs anything with the hulk next can just make up a convoluted reason for anything

it's just a possibility
Not just Disney, even Marvel themselves can mess things up sometimes, like how Ant Man was supposed to be directed by Eric Wright (Which is that awesome director who directed Baby Driver) but later quit because Marvel don't like his idea. even Taika Waititi sort of rant how Marvel tilt his direction a bit sometimes when making Thor:Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since you like Carol so much, would you think it would be better if she did the snap? She could survive than Tony or Bruce, but to be fair she was blast away so the chance were slim.
It wouldn't be better because it was impossible.

Strange's prediction could only work if Tony sacrificed himself, not Carol however strong she may be. Thor could've done it. Hulk could've used his other hand.

And Tony is like the only one with another gauntlet.

Top Bottom