• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

D

Deleted member

None of that sounds simple at all without distorting reality and creating multiple timelines. **** time travel.
i mean, he's just heading to the specific timelines/realities that they took the stone from. not that hard to understand

for example, he heads to the 2012!sanctum and shows up right after banner leaves so the stone was only gone for like 10 seconds max

D

Deleted member

Even the best movies with time travel feature story problems or confusing points regarding the concept itself.

Disney’s Meet The Robinsons is a neat example of this, since the movie is nice even with some minor plot problems involving time travel itself.

The good thing about Endgame is that at least the time travel or timeline problems don’t make the movie terrible or worse to watch. If they didn’t try at all we would have ended with a mess similar to the timeline of the X-Men movies by Fox which are full of worrying plot holes.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Wait, just thought of a way to put the stone's back into their previous forms. Having the ancient one use the time stone to have each stone become its old form.

D

Deleted member

Also, if Cap is smart, he'd drop the Space Stone last because he can then use it to just drop the others without having to worry about anything, really. Even makes recapturing 2012 Loki feasible.

D

Deleted member

Also, if Cap is smart, he'd drop the Space Stone last because he can then use it to just drop the others without having to worry about anything, really. Even makes recapturing 2012 Loki feasible.
don't forget, the space stone isn't in the tesseract anymore

it'll likely injure if not kill him to use

also i don't think he's gonna bother with 2012!loki, he probably thinks that the avengers ****ed with that reality enough already

also my bet is that the disney+ loki series is gonna be about 2012!loki and his shenanigans

D

Deleted member

don't forget, the space stone isn't in the tesseract anymore

it'll likely injure if not kill him to use

also i don't think he's gonna bother with 2012!loki, he probably thinks that the avengers ****ed with that reality enough already

also my bet is that the disney+ loki series is gonna be about 2012!loki and his shenanigans
Just have the Time Stone restore the Tesseract badading badadoom

D

Deleted member

Strange still had the Eye of Agamotto so badading badadoom again
counter badabingbadaboom

i can't think of a single alternate reality strange who would be comfortable using the time stone to such an extent, considering how changing up an apple could've destroyed reality and saving the universe by using it against dormammu was considered a huuuge mistake

the bill comes due, as mordo said

methinks doctor strange 2 will involve the living tribunal getting utterly and completely pissed the **** off at the sorcerers for abusing the time stone in such a way but i digress

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Can we just take a minute and thank the real hero of Endgame?

That ****ing rat that freed Ant-Man from the Quantum Realm. Without it, there would be no plot to the movie and Thanos would've won.

D

Deleted member

counter badabingbadaboom

i can't think of a single alternate reality strange who would be comfortable using the time stone to such an extent, considering how changing up an apple could've destroyed reality and saving the universe by using it against dormammu was considered a huuuge mistake

the bill comes due, as mordo said

methinks doctor strange 2 will involve the living tribunal getting utterly and completely pissed the **** off at the sorcerers for abusing the time stone in such a way but i digress
Ok maybe they just rebuilt the Tessrract, not that hard triple bababadong

D

Deleted member

Ok maybe they just rebuilt the Tessrract, not that hard triple bababadong
i could see him getting the tesseract rebuilt in 2013!asgard

so uh

you win this round

badabing
badaboom

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
These characters take breathers during the fights all the time. How about when Star Lord met past Gamora? Or when Tony hugged Peter? Or that shot in Avengers 1 after they blow up the leviathan, where they all stand in a circle posing dramatically while the Chitauri do nothing? These are comic book movies, things like this happen.

My only gripe with that scene was that they implied Captain Marvel even needed help crossing the battlefield. She should've been like "Okay that's nice of you but watch this" and plowed through Thanos's army all by herself.
This. I get taking a breather when the timing seems right. When Tony stopped for Peter, that was the most important thing to him at that moment. I don't think it made sense for all those women to stop what they were doing to declare how they would help her when she clearly didn't need their help.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
This. I get taking a breather when the timing seems right. When Tony stopped for Peter, that was the most important thing to him at that moment. I don't think it made sense for all those women to stop what they were doing to declare how they would help her when she clearly didn't need their help.
It was an overt reference to A-Force, an all female superhero group in Marvel (consisting of pretty much every significant female hero in the comics)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
captain america going back to live his life was already completely foolproofed by the fact that the russos gave peggy dementia like 6 years before endgame

these brothers are beyond woke

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I was Marvel I would try to deal something with Sony:

I (as Marvel Studios) would be able to work on live-action movies for all the Spider-Man characters owned by Sony, in exchange of giving Sony the animation rights of some Marvel properties like the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four or Inhumans.

That way, Marvel Studios would be free of expanding Holland’s version of Spider-Man in the future while Sony works on more Marvel movies related or inspired on the world of ITSV, and maybe expand that universe with more heroes or teams.
I’d stick to what we currently have as a deal
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-captain-britain-easter-egg/

Curious, but did anyone notice this easter egg in regards to an Agent named "Braddock" during the scene with Peggy Carter?
Captain Britain confirmed obviously
Loki wouldn’t have an excuse to have a show tho

D

Deleted member

Cap returning the Soul Stone to Red Skull must've been awkward af

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cap returning the Soul Stone to Red Skull must've been awkward af
He went back in 1970 too, before anyone even tried making a sacrifice. Having the stone already would cause him to have an existential crisis.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone who wasn't dead or phil coulson was there
yeah but this proves my point further

she could literally fly to return these things, what is steve doing, bouncing around in low-gravity to different planets so he can return a stone?

D

Deleted member

Cap volunteered to do it and go alone for his own self interest
That makes since. He was probably planning on going back for Peggy ever since they got it fixed. It's also implied that Bucky knew about this.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, with how Bucky was reacting to the situation it seems to me he was already informed or at least saw it coming from a mile away.

D

Deleted member

I find it very poignant how this chapter of the MCU started with the first Iron Man movie and ended with Iron Man dying.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I find it very poignant how this chapter of the MCU started with the first Iron Man movie and ended with Iron Man dying.
Technically it ends with Spider-Man Far From Home...just saying /s

D

Deleted member

Technically it ends with Spider-Man Far From Home...just saying /s
I’m actually looking forward to that movie.

Mysterio is a character who I always wanted to see on the big screen and so far he looks great in FFH.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
uh didn't joe russo confirm that cap lived with peggy in an alternate reality before he jumped back to our main timeline to give a new shield (from whatever reality he got that) to sam

idk how he did it without syncing to the machine but it's entirely possible that he just navigated the quantum realm himself

for some reason

rule of drama i guess
Yup, and I'm okay with that, because man Russo brothers did a really good job wrapping things up on almost every character.
What's cool about Endgame is that there's just so many things to expect after the movie despite there's no easter egg whatsoever. Such as what was Doctor Strange's "1" sign to Iron Man mean? Many joked around that Strange was probably telling Stark that "There can only be one Sherlock Holmes"

Yeah, it's cool how there are two MCU actors (Cumberbatch and RDJ) played recent Sherlock Holmes movies and TV series respectively, and what more awesome is both Watsons from the same Sherlock movies and TV series, Jude Law and Martin Freeman, are also in MCU as well , too bad they couldn't meet each other.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what will be the next role for RDJ now that he is out of the MCU.
Hopefully we find that out pretty soon, since literally any role could be given to him for any genre.

I’ll probably watch it too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m actually looking forward to that movie.

Mysterio is a character who I always wanted to see on the big screen and so far he looks great in FFH.
It’s a Spider-Man movie...you’re supposed to be excited for it (otherwise you’d be sinning)

Top Bottom