• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AvalanchE - Home of The Murt Murhs (Welcomes T.Webb)

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
Cool trailer, I can't wait to see the whole combo video. I'm Colin(I used to be DKClap) yea I met you guys back at the July tourney I'll have to come smash with you guys some time, though I'm still a noob, but I'ld like to play people better than me.

The Bino

Smash Lord
UPDATE to AvalanchE Members... i am gonna organize a SmashFest b4 the KF tourney so we can get some practise in and get a lil sharper then we are now... also for those that will be traveling with us in the 2 cars that we are taking.... it is gonna be $7.50 for gas per person... being how we are gonna be traveling with a MAXIMUM of 5 ppl per car... in my car i got BAR Sol Ky and Phish.... in my friend Anthony's car we got RuBar confirmed and Giovanni and Kirk haven't confirmed yet... but that would mean that we would have a 1 person spot left open... now the 1st person that would get that would be an Underclassmen if they are gonna come... i've heard from RuBar that Pheonix might be coming so idk if that spot is still open... im gonna try to get everything settled b4 we have that SmashFest

The Bino

Smash Lord
I'm trying to get a lil smashfest at my house or at Giovanni's apartment complex on Sunday February 18... it would be at 2 pm to about 7 pm and being how im not 100% sure where it would be i will notify you guys 2morrow after i get outta work

peaCe

The Bino

Smash Lord
This IS gonna happen and the info is here:

13 Gifford Avenue
Poughkeepsie NY 12601
(845) 380 2332

Time : 2-7pm

Trying to get about 4-5 tvs running, i have 2 LCD TVs that are gonna be used.... and im gonna have 2-3 regular tvs, and the regular tvs are gonna have VCRs running to help with the Combo Video

Any questions or anything you can either call me (845) 380 2332 or leave me a PM or post a response

The Bino

Smash Lord
Change of Plans

Sorry to notify u all about this, but i have to cancel the smashfest cuz i gotta go out to Middletown to my brother's house and help out there.... i was just notified within the last hour or so, and im notifying all of those that were intriqued by this and wanted to attend... i am sorry for notifying you all and then having to cancel... but my family is more important to me then smash for right now... so ill try to organize one in the near future... keep checking back here

The Bino

Smash Lord
Attention AE Members

I don't believe that we are gonna be able to take 2 cars down to the KF tourney.... my roommate can't get outta work, his inspection is way oven due, and his license is suspended and only allowed to drive to and from work... Sol Ky Phish if you guys could get a ride there and back I would appreciate it as of now we only have 1 car and RuBar wants to go badly and I don't wanna pack the car like i did that last time let me know ASAP please

yo, since ur bringing two cars, can u bring one little TV for friendlies at least?
Things are changing fast and I'm trying to organize things as fast as possible (read the above statment) If i can fit a TV in my trunk than I would do it... ill let you know 2morrow being how right now im in lazy mode from a hard day at work... also Ill be at the tourney at like 930 to help set up... and I might bring 2 VCRs and i got plenty of tape... im not sure bought the 2nd VCR cuz i just started to fix it, so if it's finished by then i will bring it if not i think you know what

Where are you guys mostly from?
Mostly from Poughkeepsie... then we got Mahopac, New Paltz, and I believe Brewster..... we got Dutchess County on lock kid... noone has been able to dethrown us from the kings of Dutchess County or even Upstate NY

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I'm from virginia, fairly close to Richmond. Figured maybe a member or two of yours was near here lol. Oh well, just looking for more local competition.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I don't believe that we are gonna be able to take 2 cars down to the KF tourney.... my roommate can't get outta work, his inspection is way oven due, and his license is suspended and only allowed to drive to and from work... Sol Ky Phish if you guys could get a ride there and back I would appreciate it as of now we only have 1 car and RuBar wants to go badly and I don't wanna pack the car like i did that last time let me know ASAP please
You're.... kidding.

I don't think we can get a ride to this now.

Sol

Smash Lord
we could take a train to grand central and if you guys could pick us up from there and drive us back there after its over, i think thats the only way, its only like 2 miles away from web2zone

The Bino

Smash Lord
I just got on smash so take it easy Phish... I'm trying to get someone to drive but im pretty much relying on RuBar to talk to that person so we can still take 2 cars... don't think that I'm not thinking about you guys... The only way I see all of this happening for everyone one of us to go is that only RuBar goes and no Underclassmen, and that would allow Sol, Ky, and Phish to go still by me driving... again im basically waiting for RuBar and confirmation from him... so again don't think that im not thinking about you otherwise i wouldn't have told you guys and would've just left you there on Saturday without a phone call or nothing

phish-it

Smash Champion
I'm not doubting you bino, since you really don't have to bring us anywhere. I wouldn't even have a problem taking the train down and walking if that was the last resort, but my dad gets all overprotective and **** and thinks it's dangerous taking the train at night.... I don't know, I'll be 18 in April but until then I can't really do anything...

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
I'm not doubting you bino, since you really don't have to bring us anywhere. I wouldn't even have a problem taking the train down and walking if that was the last resort, but my dad gets all overprotective and **** and thinks it's dangerous taking the train at night.... I don't know, I'll be 18 in April but until then I can't really do anything...

if ya do decide to take the train to grand central, inside that station u can catch the downtown 6 train and take it like 4 stops and it'll leave u in astor place which is like 3o steps away from the place lol.

The Bino

Smash Lord
As long as I talk to RuBar and either get confirmation then it's def gonna be 2 cars

if not

Then I guess BAR won't go being how he hasn't given me 100% and RuBar will take his spot in the car and then Sol Ky and Phish can be in th back and we'll go to the tourney...

all awaiting a call from RuBar... ill let you know something more 2morrow

The Bino

Smash Lord
Everything is a GO

Aight Sol Ky and Phish, Im gonna get all 3 of ya.... we taking 1 car tho.. its gonna be Me RuBar Sol Ky and Phish.... no underclassmen are gonna come so we're good for goin to the tourney

Also a Reminder that for everyone in the car is gonna have to chip in $7.50 for gas (and yes this includes myself lol) and if either Sol Ky or Phish could bring that tape that you guys have I will take it into the collection and start adding your vids into the combo vid... I will be leaving my house @ 730 am on Saturday so I can be in Manny Hanny by 830-9 am to help set up and everything, plus we will get friendlies faster lol

Im gonna call Sol @ 730 am when Im leaving my house to pick all of you up...

aight peaCe

phish-it

Smash Champion
Bino, You've just made my day. Hopefully we wont end up going around in circles like last time and kill a good hour and a half heh. What happened with Bar though? Does he have plans for that day or is he giving up his seat out of the good of his heart!?

We've actually got 3 tapes recorded. Two of them are friendlies of us at Sol's house and the other one has the team and singles finals plus friendlies of the Toywiz tourney a couple weeks ago.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Im taking BARs seat away from him due to the fact that he doesn't wanna enter into teams and RuBar and I want to... he also didn't give me a confirmation on whether or not he was gonna come or not, so he gave up his seat to RuBar by default.

Don't worry about us getting lost or nothin like that... we traveling to the city in style lol GPS man, it's gonna save lives lol

Aight the ToyWiz Tournament matches eh, well i guess ill have a lot of vids to add up huh, well first things first, the KF matches, being how that's the most desired vids, and then ill put up the ToyWiz matches... i just hope that they were good

Sol

Smash Lord
by good do you mean phish-its dk gettin 4 stocked by corts peach?
btw i can bring a tv and vcr if i can fit it in the trunk

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
btw i can bring a tv and vcr if i can fit it in the trunk
that would be perfect.

I will be leaving my house @ 730 am on Saturday so I can be in Manny Hanny by 830-9 am to help set up and everything, plus we will get friendlies faster lol

Im gonna call Sol @ 730 am when Im leaving my house to pick all of you up...

aight peaCe
yo bino W2Z doesnt open till nine so u can slp for like an extra half hour or so. try to get there like 930

The Bino

Smash Lord
Wow Sol that's insane.. i didn't think that Phish's DK was bad at all... and to get 4 stocked by Cort's Peach, insane, i guess my MM against em his gonna be a good one then, better bring my A++++++++++++++++++ game to em

Aight Ace then i'll leave my house @ 8 am and Sol that means that I'll be calling you @ 8am to let you know that im leaving my house

phish-it

Smash Champion
I guess I should be there at 8:30 then. By the way, Sol just mentioned the absolute worst match I played against him, every other time he only 1 or 2 stocked me. Besides Cort has 3 and 4 stocked Sol's Fox multiple times just to point that out. He is a force to be reckoned with.

phish-it

Smash Champion
February 24, 2007: Bart Massi ( (Sendra) a former crew member) gets hit by a car and becomes hospitalized. We miss the HRP Toywiz tournament in Nanuet.

February 24, 2007
: Chris (Barbino) injures his hand and becomes hospitalized. We miss the Killer Fleet tournament in Manhattan.

February 24, 1988: Boocif is born. The world is over as we know it.

What horror could be in store next year?

Joker

Smash Ace
:p
I've played FF7 like im sure others have...
So that leaves me wondering...
How exactly did you guys decide on that Crew name???
Like does it serve any purpose?
Just curious:chuckle:

The Bino

Smash Lord
Attention Following AE Members

On Friday I had hurt myself at work and didn't feel anything wrong with my body whatsoever, towards the end of the day I started to feel pain in my right hand, which this hand was used to brace my fall. I had woke up on Saturday morning and my hand was swollen and I had to go to Medicus to have my hand looked at and have my job pay for everything. The Doctor had told me that it's not all that bad, just a little bruised and will heal within a week or so, it doesn't hurt that much and I can type so it isn't that bad, Im just upset that I missed the Killa Fleet Tourney as well as the rest of AE too, but of course I had to make sure that it wasn't broken or anything like that so I apologize to all AE members.

:p
I've played FF7 like im sure others have...
So that leaves me wondering...
How exactly did you guys decide on that Crew name???
Like does it serve any purpose?
Just curious:chuckle:
Well we had a whole discussion between this and had a massive amount of voting going on for this, the last remaining names that were to be voted on was either Templar Knights or AvalanchE... and more people decided that AvalanchE was better sounding then Templar Knights.. but if you understand history at all Templar Knights probably would've been the better choice for a Crew Name but oh well that's what we have as a Crew Name and I think we as satisfied with it

February 24, 2007: Bart Massi ( (Sendra) a former crew member) gets hit by a car and becomes hospitalized. We miss the HRP Toywiz tournament in Nanuet.
February 24, 2007: Chris (Barbino) injures his hand and becomes hospitalized. We miss the Killer Fleet tournament in Manhattan.

February 24, 1988: Boocif is born. The world is over as we know it.

What horror could be in store next year?
What are you talking about that Boocif is born and the world is over, I could've sworn that BAR had destroyed Boocif, so the world couldn't be over... here it is right here

August 29, 1983 : Roberto (BAR) is born. The world is over as we know it.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hahaha, we figured that February 24th is an unlucky day, considering Boocif was born on that day, well it just seems coincidence. BAR did wreck him though and it just made everyones day.

By the way, check out the NY power rankings.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone, leave saturday march 10th open on ur schedules, tourney/smashfest in the works here at new paltz :-O figure itll start around noon

more details coming soon, just a heads up

ill post officially within a few days.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros Melee Tourney---------by RSVP ONLY------------Potential Wii up for grabs!
SUNY New Paltz Campus
Gage Hall Basement lounge March 10th
2v2 then 1v1
Doubles starts at noon, singles starts soon after doubles is done.
People can arrive as early as 11AM for practice/warm-up

$20 entry for singles
$20 per team entry for doubles ($10 each)

Since its only one room and I’m signing it out for the day, it has to be capped for the amount of people coming. Based on the size and the amount of TVs it can hold, I decided on a 50 person cap on this tourney. This way theres a good amount of room, and it will be a lot more comfortably than the holes in the wall we are used to. There are 7 outlets (2 plugs per outlet) in the lounge, so 7 TVs/cubes could be hooked up easily. With surge protectors, there could be up to twice that many, which could allow for a good amount of tvs for friendlys on the side. The lounge has one TV, and me and Adam could each bring another, making 3 total. More tvs/cubes would need to be brought.

A great part of this tourney is that whatever the pot ends up being (50 people = $1000), that is how much the prize pot will be. Since my lounge isn’t a store, there won’t be ANY money taken out for any reason, unless people agree to have some taken out to order pizzas around dinner time.

I intend to pay through even 5th since I hope the pot will be pretty large. (first doesn’t need like $700) This way there will be more winners than just the usual three people walking away with money.

If there is DEFINITELY a large enough turnout (30 or more RSVP by March 7th), the first prize for singles will be a Nintendo wii system. I would spot the money to get the wii (if enough people are definitely attending), and the leftover cash would be used to pay for 2nd place, 3rd place, and so on.

Gage hall basement lounge
1010 hawk drive
New Paltz, NY 12561

Driving directions from 87
Take the RT-299 W exit- EXIT 18- toward NEW PALTZ
Turn LEFT onto NY-299 W / MAIN ST.
Turn LEFT on 32 after the middle school at the intersection with the bank.
Follow past the big parking lot on the left, and make the last right onto campus immediately after the white fence. Follow the road across the bridge, and continue straight at the stop sign. My dorm is GAGE, the one on the right after the stop sign.
For parking, continue straight and make a left at the next stop sign. The lot to your right is your best bet. (WEST lot). The large glass doors of Gage hall at ground level by the dumpster look right into the tourney room. Just knock on the glass and someone will let you in.

Closest train station to new paltz is Poughkeepsie. I could make one trip out there to get a few people, but my car only holds five. If train is your only option, get in touch with me earlier than saturday, or get in touch with other people going that are driving.

Another option is the bus station right in town. www.trailwaysny.com My dorm is a minute or two drive from here, but I will happily shuttle people back and forth if necessary. This is your best choice if you are coming from the city. Just take from Port Authority and its direct route to New Paltz.

Contacts: EMAIL CHRIS TO RSVP or ask any other questions
Chris (reject) peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu cell: (516)864-9187 aim: imareject45

Since myself and Adam are both in, the first 48 people to email ME back with a definite RSVP will be able to enter. I’m sorry, since it is not my room or my property, I cannot have extra people coming by. (50 is probably pushing it as it is :p )

MLG Rules

Singles and doubles seeding will be random by a tournament computer program.
There will be pools if there are close to 50 people to narrow it down to a 32 person bracket.

Double elimination

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story, Mute city, Corneria

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium

Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Doubles breakdown:
50% 25% 15% 10%
1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Singles breakdown: TBA (because of the turnout and the variable of the wii as a prize)

RSVP IS MANDTORY

My resident director is allowing all this with an unheard of ZERO% taken from the pot. He only asks for a list of everyone’s name that is attending. This is another reason why RSVP is mandatory. He is being kind enough to allow this, we have to respect this single wish.

RSVP to Chris with the following
- Definite plans to attend
- First and last real name
- Smash name
- Whether or not you can bring a TV/cube

• TO SECURE YOUR SPOT, EMAIL ME
• ONLY ONCE I RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THE INFO ABOVE WILL YOU BE ADDED TO THE RSVP LIST
• ANYONE NOT ON THE LIST CANNOT ENTER

If anything changes, contact me as soon as possible so that your spot can be given to people waiting.

RSVP by March 7th so I could know whether or not to get the Wii.

Thanks, hope to see (all 50 of you) here!

Chris Peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu

I'm posting this tomorro nite on regional or general tourney discussions, i figure id give AE people a days head start. hope to hear from everybody soon.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Oh man. This sounds like the single most amazing tournament around. But the short notice hurts... I'm going to try as hard as possible to take this day off from work. Tomorrow after school I'm going strait there.

But a Wii for 1st place and up to a 5th place prize with no money taken from the pot is incredible. I'll be sure to make it there.

Since I won't know for sure If I'm working this day until Saturday or so, should I send the email now?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Don't worry all that much Phish... Im gonna be helping Reject and this notice is for AE people only to give the Crew a days notice in advance so we can prepare ourselves for such a tourney. I will guarantee that this is gonna be a very exhilarating tourney...

let the AvalanchE Tourney's begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom