• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AvalanchE - Home of The Murt Murhs (Welcomes T.Webb)

The Bino

Smash Lord
yo RuBar, Joshizzle, me, Kizz, and this kid Alec camped out in front of Target to get our Wii

Yo but the real besting part of that was this kid bout 11pm that night went to his car and got his cube, a projection screen, multi outlet adapter, and a long as$ extension cord and we were playin GC on the ceiling for a while, it was the hottest thing that night... but the first game they were playin was of course Smash Bros Melee..... yo RuBar and I went there and watched 2 matches of FFA and ppl were wacker than that kid IPB i mean garbage like... they didn't WD, no LCancels, yet they were all tellin us they knew that they existed but noone ever spent the time to learn em cuz they said WD (which they called Slide Walk) lol did nothin at all....

Yo I went in and so did RuBar and i picked my Samus and RuBar picked his Sheik... yo they were amazed by the way we were playin (oh yeah i forgot they played wit items on, and we were playin in Hyrule for a long time) but it was a great momment cuz right b4 we started to play we made a request that if anyone there could beat us we would give em $5 and if we beat them they didn't have to pay.... but when they saw us play noone stepped up to the plate.... on kid pulled me aside later and asked what my gamertag was... i told em BarBino, and he was like --------- "from BAR Dynasty?, I've heard of u b4, but never seen any of the BAR's in action, man its a pleasure to play with u guys" ------------- dude that was the funniest part of it... plus we were playin Smash for like 2hrs and it was cold as hell... Try to WD when ur hands are freezin... or just try to play Fox or Falco for that matter..... it really hurts ur hands but anyway that was a good time

The Bino

Smash Lord
Gotta apologize to AvalanchE for the bust of a SmashFest that happened like 4 hrs into the SmashFest.... and it was really gettin good.... but we got some really good matches... im gonna watch em right now.... but im undecided what we are to do for the next SmashFest or even Crew Meeting.... the lady said if we had just talked to her b4 we just started to play and ish then they wouldn't have had that big of a prob... also we would have to put a deposit down on the place but we would get it back after we clean up and leave the room.... i'll have to do more research on that place again b4 i organize anything again im sorry

Anyway i gotta apologize to Sol and Ky mainly cuz today was a bust at like midway into the Red Steel, Gears of War, Metroid Prime 2, Smash Fest lol... i didn't know those rules for the place and Giovanni never told me plus he never knew bout em either, he said he never had probs like that with friends goin over and such, but i guess today was the most ppl that he had over there and that lady flipped... good thing it wasn't a tourney lol... but also i think she was kinda mad cuz there was like 5-6 tvs runnin at the same time lol im sorry for u guys mainly cuz the rest of us live close by and we were all upset but im sure not to the point of ur displeasure... n u guys could've came to my house and chilled til like 8pm or so til ur mom came to get u... again im sorry

Sol

Smash Lord
yeah i never got to do my 26 man cb with xbar but we had some good matches, and we had a mini tourney and we recorded the whole thing

The Bino

Smash Lord
yea there were 2 tvs that were recording matches... the thing is tho... RuBar and Ky were having an intense match in the lil tourney, but RuBar never pressed the record button so it was a lost match.... such a shame... i wanted to see it too... but i only saw the last stock, and i could tell it was an intense match up

The Bino

Smash Lord
Opportunity of a Lifetime

I just talked to Alex Strife... he said that he really wants AvalanchE to attend the Killa Fleet tourney, but also he said that being how the low tier singles and doubles tourney and the Crew Battle Tourney is on Sunday, he is willing to house ALL OF US so we can go to the Sunday part of the tourney... also he said he is already housing TA and TSA and it wouldn't be a problem to house AE.... this is an opportunity of a lifetime for majority of us... especially for us to have a Crew Battle wit TA... i don't know bout u guys but i seriously wanna have a Crew Battle wit TA... even if we lose i still wouldn't care... they are all good.. and we need to face em... and at the same time TSA as well.... we could all do mad friendlies Sat nite and have a Crew Battle wit both of those Crews... i say we do it but u guys still gotta think it over... i am willin to stay the nite at Alex's crib so i can face ppl in TA as well as TSA....

Think bout this seriously

Also Soan - for u joinin AE we gotta think it over as a Crew.. plus we gotta see where ur skills are at and wha we as a Crew can do for u

phish-it

Smash Champion
he is willing to house ALL OF US so we can go to the Sunday part of the tourney... also he said he is already housing TA and TSA and it wouldn't be a problem to house AE
Just how big is this man's house? SOunds like an opportunity not to miss but I'll just have to see if it works out.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Alex said that his house is a good size and that TA and TSA are stayin the night and that we can all stay as well.. he said there is enough room for all of us.... plus this will give us a chance to have one of the biggest Crew Battles in AvalanchE history and possibly future in Smash Melee... being how Brawl is just around the corner and we all know we are gonna hop on Brawl once it comes out and will play less and less of Melee just like we all did when Melee came out, we hopped on that and played less and less of the original

Plus i am gonna record every match we get against TA and TSA members... hoping that there will be another VCR there we would beable to record it and put it up on the boards...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Whaddup, AvalanchE.

I know you guys are busy planning for the Killa Fleet tournament (who isn't?), but I just wanted to drop a word in your thread about Battle for Western New York 3. Y'all were still the BAR Dynasty back when we had BWNY 2 and madd people wanted to come, but it didn't work out for you guys. If you guys get the opportunity, please come through. WNY loves fresh faces and fresh competition. We'd be happy to see you there. If you have questions, PM me and I'll get to you right away. Hope to see you guys there. ^_^

The Bino

Smash Lord
Shiri - I think that Phish hit that nail on the head.... it is a long drive from PK... i mean if we were to attend ur tourney... i do believe that it is like 4-5 hrs or so... and its like 300 miles... that's a lot of driving for a tourney, plus i think it's a 2day event am i correct... if not please feel free to correct me... but anyway its a long drive, plus we would be packin the car like mexicans and that ain't good for that long of a drive, i mean the 2 ppl in the front won't be bothered as much as the guys in the back, but still.... u know wha i mean... and i always love to see new faces in the Smash Scene, even tho u ain't new, but i just don't think that it would be in our best interest to travel up to Rochester and back, i would only think that a tourney is good to travel too in a car if the distance is less than like 100 miles.... and thats reasonable... a lil up and a lil down, but ur tripling that.... no offense dude... and please don't take this the wrong way or nothin, but if there is a train that goes from PK or somewhere to Rochester than ill be all for it as long as the ticket won't be all that much either

Also AE members - I have some news on the Combo vid.... i told u bout how whenever i install the program into the PC i get a virus within a couple of days... well my roommate is goin to install it for me within this week... also i found someone who is really good at editing movie clips and whatnot... my nephew (15 yrs old) he does some good work and i am goin to use his knowledge on editing and maybe we can cut the production rate from like 3-5 weeks to like 2-3 maybe.... and that would be a good thing.... now all we need is more footage of DnD, Phish, Ky, Sol, RuBar (cuz his style constantly changes and he constantly gets better), Reject, Bar Chaser, and i think XBar is gonna make his own combo vid, and then just send it to me to add it in the Combo Vid later

anyway i saw my nephews work 2day when i was at my bros house and i think he is goin to do good things for us in the future on combo vids and such, here is a link to a vid that he made which was really good.... also if u wanna see more of his just click more from this user

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kx8QxtGCPxs&mode=user&search=

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: No offense taken, sirs. Just seeing if you guys could make the trip.

I realize that the distance is quite large, but I know some people would make it while others wouldn't want to, so I figured it was worth a shot. ^_^ Hopefully I'll be able to make my way to an NYC-area tournament sometime in the near future--I'd love to get to play you guys.

Alright guys, peace. ^_^

The Bino

Smash Lord
not necessarily Ace, cuz all the Bar's never knew bout the advanced techs till we found the boards in November '05, n we had never played NYC Smashers till April '06 n we played pretty much the same as NYC Smashers, n even better then some who had been on the smash scene longer then us too, i wont say names but i think u got my point

XBar

Smash Apprentice
yo Shiri... when is this tourney?? I go to school in Binghamton so the ride wouldnt be too bad for me. Plus I dont have any competition up in Bing and it would be sick to find some good smashers

The Bino

Smash Lord
Duo - I am working on that as we speak... its just gonna take a while... but don't worry, ill put up some 1v1 vids within a week or so... being how i gotta record em to the PC then edit them and upload... plus i got mad ish to do as well... but don't worry u'll see some more vids of AvalanchE

XBar u gonna be able to make it to the Killa Fleet tourney in Feb

Sol

Smash Lord
well we can crew battle ta and tsa and maybe we'll win or maybe we'll lose but is our whole crew comin?

The Bino

Smash Lord
so far from the pok area is Rubar BAR Bino .... those r the confirmed ones, i think Phoenix might come, cant get in contact wit Bar Chaser nor Reject but we still got a month n 1/2 to go.. n wit my roommate saying that we might take 2 cars, thats a very good thing

The Bino

Smash Lord
listen everyone i may or may not go to anymore tourneys ever again... may not even pick up Brawl... im not in a good mood for games or nothin... my father passed away yesterday so games right now just ain't for me... this is what i said to Ace Marth

Anyway ... im not all that sure if im attending at all... i might just quit smash right now... not really in the mood for videogames or nothin.... so i might not even go to anymore tourney's nor even pick up Brawl... but idk... maybe its just bad timing ill see how im feeling in a month or so... but as of now i ain't goin... which would be bad for my crew cuz that would mean that majority won't be attending either

Sol

Smash Lord
does this mean it's the end to AvalanchE temperarily or is bino just quitin and everyone else still playin?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Thanks every one.... i think that it just might be me quiting smash temporarily, i mean i need time to straighten my thoughts out and get everything together.... i mean i lost my mom when i was 11 and now i lost my father at 21, im 21 and have no parents it really is something to think about and what i wanna do and when and how to accomplish goals.... idk i mean i got BAR and other ppl helping me get thru it but its def not easy.... it just seems surreal to me and it feels like its just a dream and i wanna wake up and see his face again as well as my moms but i am still in denial as of now, but i will have to take it in as the truth and thats when the real pain is gonna start....

Also sorry to AE members for not gonna do the Combo Vid Trailer or anything now, i think u understand, too much on my plate as of now....

Ace... maybe i might beable to attend ur tourney... idk still... this week has put me in the negative thinking zone and all my close friends and family members are all concerned for me and trying to keep my mind off of it and still for smash its up in the air... but at the same time i can't turn my back on talent... even if i lack a supreme amount of it.... i think that this will be the biggest turning stone in my life to put almost everything in perspective being how im 21 and everything....

IDK ill talk to ya guys later tho

Sol

Smash Lord
Soooo

Has our crew died, is there nothing left should we move on or wait cause no one has spoken in this thread for 9 days

The Bino

Smash Lord
Sol i havent really been on the pc in a while, due to getting certain things done that takes priority over Smash, but the Crew ain't disbanding @ all.... well hit up a tourney soon, n ill have 2 schedule an AvalanchE meeting in the near future

phish-it

Smash Champion
Well since I hear that we're all attending the Killer Fleet tournament in a few weeks, why don't we try to hold a smashfest before then? It's Winter break for us so we'll be free that whole week before.

Fun times they will be; Fun times.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
yooo im at new paltz again, i just let bino kno im down to play whenever. i hav a car here now, so itll make gettin together a lot easier. idk if im goin to the KF tourney, but i kno everyone wants to practice and stuff. im gettin better at more guys besides peach soooo yea hit me up.
my aim sn is imareject45

phish-it

Smash Champion
Is anyone else coming to the Toywiz Tournament on the 10th besides Me, Sol and Ky?

We started recording matches today too add to the Combo vid, so Bino if you show up to this tournament you'll get a taste of the action.

Top Bottom