• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Autocancel Marth's Air Attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redknight7

Smash Apprentice
So i was reading a thread and a guy was saying how u ned to learn how to autocanel his attacks. what does he mean? i know what L cancelling is but i dont know if hes talking to something else.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Autocanceling is when a aerial attack finishes it's animation before you hit the ground. Therefore, you only have the 4 frame landing lag as if you just jumped and landed without doing anything. If you short hop fast fall a nair and doing everything ASAP it will autocancel before you hit the ground eliminating the need to l-cancel (although I do anyway). I'm pretty sure you can do this with a single fair as well, although you may need to wait a little bit before fastfalling.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I dunno, nair is the only thing I really see it being useful for, otherwise you'll probably get shieldgrabbed for hitting high on the shield anyway. You can fair to waveland though, that's pretty sweet.

otg

Smash Master
Use Z button with a grain of salt. The last controller I bought, I used Z for almost all of my aerials except for maybe uairs/dairs (and even with certain characters I use it for one or the other). After 9 months of beating this thing up, my Z button will sometimes stick and I'll be lightshielding randomly on the ground. This ****s with me because I'll try to wavedash and instead just roll, and a bunch of other realy lame things.

nasir123

Smash Ace
alright well this is a strat in brawl that sakuai added he took out l canceling and he added auto canceling and its is like z canceling in ssb64 how u like just land so yeah but marth can auto cncel his fair

soap

Smash Hero
rising sh nair fastfall autocancels.

full jump fastfall nair autocancels.

sh rising fair, delayed fastfall.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Autocancels have been around since Melee, it's not a new Brawl thing.

Anyway, you guys should really just take a look at the frame data. Like... I just remember the nair autocancels two frames after the last hitbox. So that's how I gauge when to fastfall.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Autocancels have been around since Melee, it's not a new Brawl thing.

Anyway, you guys should really just take a look at the frame data. Like... I just remember the nair autocancels two frames after the last hitbox. So that's how I gauge when to fastfall.
No human can possibly fathom 1/30th of a second. That's .033 seconds. Average human reaction time is around 0.2 to 0.25 seconds. That being said, you would actually have to be sending the message to your hands to push down well before you could be aware that these frames would be coming up.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No human can possibly fathom 1/30th of a second. That's .033 seconds. Average human reaction time is around 0.2 to 0.25 seconds. That being said, you would actually have to be sending the message to your hands to push down well before you could be aware that these frames would be coming up.
Taj's reaction time is like, 0.15 seconds. Random fact, but I felt like stating it.

</polejocking>

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Taj's reaction time is like, 0.15 seconds. Random fact, but I felt like stating it.

</polejocking>
Even with that (I know PC's was something around this as well), it's still FAR FAR FAR away from .03 second reaction time. I mean going "oh this move only takes 4 frames so I can probably do everything ASAP" helps, but trying to actually look for those frames will never work. Just repetition and learning muscle memory can really do this IMO.

Kadano

Magical Express
alright well this is a strat in brawl that sakuai added he took out l canceling and he added auto canceling and its is like z canceling in ssb64 how u like just land so yeah but marth can auto cncel his fair
It's not really a strategy... the attack animation is simply so short that the character returns to his normal aerial animation and lands just as if he simply fast-falled a short hop.
I do his shffa nair with A because when I try it with Z I do a jc grap most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom