• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Cancel Fortress

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
In order to AC a fortress, you have to press up-b as soon as Bowser jumps. But the timing is tricky.

Breakdown:

Press up + b 7 frames after pressing the jump button.

For the first 4 frames, Bowser stays on the ground.

On the 5th frame, Bowser goes into his jump animation.

[Up+b on the 7th frame]

Fortress hits on the 10th frame.

The whole move lasts 49 frames.

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is known also it's not really autocancelled, just small landing lag.

edit: The reason you don't see this in videos it's because it's fairly useless as an attack. I've used it a few times when I was messing around, but that's it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm afraid I don't follow. What's the point of this, in theory?

:phone:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Flayl, it actually does look autocancelled to me, I don't see any landing lag in the video at all (maybe I'm blind, but there's usually like half a second of lag time when I do that..)

In theory it's supposed to be a mixup, say if you go down to klaw someone and they spotdodge through it. You could just aerial Up-B and reset the situation/whatever you want.

If that truly is autocancelled, then that'd be pretty cool I guess...seems interesting.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wow, and what simple timing too. Compared to all the stupid Yoshi **** I do using that is.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've done this before on accident, haha.

I'm not a huge fan of this since it puts Bowser in the air, and aerial Fortress is fairly easy to SDI. I could see this as a cool rare mixup at best.

Regardless, thank you for posting, Woody. :)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Frame data is wrong, but the concept still applies.

For another explanation, aerial fortress acts the same way as MKs nado. If the ending animation plays for the same exact amount of frames regardless if you are considered airborne or grounded. You only get the special landing lag if you land on the ground after the end animation is completed.

Let's say its 30 frames of endlag from nado(I don't know exactly), if you land on the ground on the 10th frame, you'll have 20 frames until you can act. However if you time it from the air and land on the 29th-30th frame, you'll pretty much have zero lag on landing.

Same applies to the fortress. The whole animation is like 80 or 90 frames...if you time it so you land on or just before the last frame, you'll bypass the special landing lag, as bowser has landed before the animation ended.

Did that make sense at all? It makes sense in my head lol...remembering stuff when I looked at the code some time ago.

:phone:

Top Bottom