• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

LemonManX

Smash Lord
That's awesome CAO, I'm sure you'll kick ***.

Its great to see SSBM recognised by EVO. Now, if I only I was able to go along to those events lol. Dayum.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
My gosh, when was the last time I actually posted on my own account. It must have been like 2005.

Anyways, few random things to wave around in the air.

FierceOni, I have your jacket. At least, I'm pretty sure it's your jacket. It's yellow, woolly and accidentally got flushed down the toilet.* Do you want it back?

I also have someone's towel. It's white, smallish and has thingy blue things on them. Sa Dave, is this yours? I remember you we're asking about a towel somewhere in the depths of my memory, and I can't remember if it got sorted out. If it's not, someone's lost a towel and I want permission to tie it to my door as a symbol of friendship.**

I also have someone's white earphones, Ipod like, that has no sound coming out from the left ear. It's pretty crappy, but I dunno, it may be someone's favourite pair of buggered earphones, or just modified to play out of the left ear sounds only heard by tiny animals at 3 pm by noonlight. Anyone want to raise a hand to this?

I also possess a controller. It MAY be a gc controller. I'm not saying. It's so much better then my current one I'm jacking it quietly till someone starts crying to me about it and how much they need it to cuddle at night to keep the scribbly nightmares away.

Oh yeah, I don't follow the boards much, so bring this up if any of these things are yours in the next massive msn convo (friday).

Ok, I'm done.

*goes back to lurk mode*

*Maybe
**And then burn it. Because you know, it's something you just do to random towels.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

I want to go to this!

EDIT - Awwww, you can see Boozer in the background. He looks cute.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
A-reserve Pre-Sale concession is my target. Anyone know when tickets go on sale? I am NOT missing this concert!

The VGMusic fanboy inside me will have to cry himself to sleep if I miss it, and I won't settle for that.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ok kidz.
Give me a call over this weekend if you wanna meet up for smash. I am busy friday and saturday nights.

So yeah, I won't be checking the net much at all, if at all, so I won't know if anyone wants a quick meet up or something via this online forum.

Otherwise, I'll just be enjoying this Blind Guardian concert. weeee.

Edited for GTR AND PPL <3
Phn Number: 0408 404 425

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Eminence's mailing list sucks butt, so did not know about the concert o.o

*SPAZGOCRAZEHEEEEEE <3*

The one I went to last year, they did one piece from SotC and my gosh, that was amaazing <3

zomg.

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
uh... I haven't went on this place for awhile because i was kinda busy with high school and stuff. Well anyhow I would like a few things changed in my Profile thing

Name: Daiki Kasai [Haku]
Nationality: Japan
Main: Falco
MSN/E-Mail: dkasa_hiro@hotmail.com

Thanks!!~~ ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think everyone who is going to the concert should hit me up on MSN to get ticketsies. <3!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
At least Perth's getting a Wierd Al concert :p

And happy B'day to Cella.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
My story

We had a smashfest down at Mandurah last night, which me, Mic, Quetz and Cubed went to. It was a fun day, where we played smash, Wario Ware, Wii Sports etc. We leave about 12:45 or so, on our way home, expecting to get home by 2 if I'm lucky. This car overtakes us in the right lane, so we can't put our high beams on. Then, Mic says "Kangaroo!" Just after he says it, I see the roo in the middle of the lane, and before I even have the chance to brake, the roo is under the car.

Not cute >_<

We pull over shortly after to see if there was any damage to the car. The number plate looks like the only thing damaged, but there appears to be some sort of liquid on the front of the car. We then notice that coolant is leaking out of the front of the car. The impact had punctured a hole in the radiator pipe in the front of the engine, which basically meant that if we tried to go anywhere we'd lose all the coolant and overheat.

So here's us, on the side of a country-ish road, 1am in the morning broken down. Woot.

I call the RAC, because I get something like 2 free tows within 100kms from home, which I was. The lady on the other end says that my particular coverage doesn't cover running into animals, as that is an insurance thing. She then puts me through to the towing company, who says that a tow truck will get to us in about 15 minutes. He also says that the tow will cost $350. I thought "Ok, fair enough, it is a long way" but then he asks how many of us were in the car. Since there was 4 of us, we wouldn't fit in the tow trucks cab. This left Cubed calling his dad after 1am to wake him up and apologise profusely in between getting him to pick him and Quetz up and take them back to his grandparents where his Cubed's car was.

Ok, so the truck driver gets there about 10 minutes after Cubed called his dad, and guess what? The truck is a dual-cabby or whatever they're called... the one with enough room for 5 passengers. We all decide not to tell Cubed's dad that it was a dual cabbed truck, and we drive up to the nearest service station to make it an easier land mark for Cubed's dad to find. We left them there, parting words being 'Dont get *****!' and headed off in the tow truck.

So, all's good now right? Well, on our way back from Mandurah in the truck, these other Roos jumped out in front of the truck, but luckily we were going quite slow due to roundabouts before the freeway, and the driver honked them off the road. It was then completely uneventful until we'd gotten onto Roe Highway. We hadn't even made it past Nicholson Road, when the driver says 'Talk about drama' and pulls over to the side of the road.

The tow truck had started overheating.

We waited for it to cooldown while the driver attempted to work the stupid contraption they had which allowed you to lift the passenger side seats and get to the engine. After not managing it, he decides we should just soldier on, and we all climb in and head off again. We get maybe 100 metres before he says "Nup" and we pull over again, due to the overheating. He keeps trying to get this mechanism open, so me and mic head to the boot of my car to see if I have anything that could help. Not long after that, we hear a crack! noise and then "Aw ****". The driver's torch which he was using to look at the contraption had just fallen out of the cab and broken on the ground.

We drive on again, and get about 1 or 2 kms down the road before he pulls over again. This time he uses this red light torch thing he plugs into his cigarette lighter which isn't bright at all, and he manages to get the contraption open to look at the engine. After inspecting a couple of things, he mutters something along the lines of "Well thats good, except I dont have any water to put in". So we head off again, seeing how far we can get, and I suggest maybe putting the heating on, to take the heat off the engine. He tries that, and the heat gauge starts to lower. He then fiddles with the heating some more, and turns on the air conditioning, then back off again. Lo and behold, the heat somehow levels off.

The rest of the drive home was uneventful, once we get home my mum gives the guy the money (which I have a feeling I'll be paying for later), and we give him some water to put in his engine/coolant thing or whatever. (yeah I know cars >_>)

This wasn't anywhere near as traumatizing as Jon's experience a while back, but still... I thought I'd tell everyone how bad my luck was 0_o

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
that kangaroo totally got owned

cos after ryan hit it (and then dragged it under the car for about 500m) ANOTHER CAR RAN OVER ITS CORPSE

GG right there

but yeah, i have no freaking clue how the coolant pipe managed to break, cos there was no frontal damage what so ever

but seriously, ROFL at the towtruck overheating, that shiz is hillarious

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Bringer I hope there's a grave made nearby your accident where the roo got killed. Or a tree post with flowers and a sign saying 'in memory of roo'. What happened to the other ppl who ran

But still that's some sick **** you had to go through in a night!

---
OMFG... Yoshi owned by Peach?!?!? No! WAIT... he got KILLED by Peach!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I will be driving very slowly at night when returning from Mandurah, so we should probably leave there about 7pm next Mandurahfest.
Stupid Roo, just staring staring staring at it's death coming towards it.

Should have ducked.

NG7

Smash Lord
I heard alot of animals get stunned by bright lights and just stop moving. haha

Poor Roo! not stupid Roo >.>

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Eminence tickets go on sale on Wed 21/02/07, 09:00. I think we're all going for A-reserve tickets; I have the following people 'definently' going:
Cao, Sam, Shaz, TM+her friend(s), Anf+friend, Forblaze, Adam, Kryan.

If everyone is fine with a $60 concession A-reserve ticket, we should be fine when the tickets go on sale, but everyone will need to arrange their own ticket from Ticketmaster. I'll go to the Arts Centre tomorrow to see how we can get seats all together and pass the info on to you guys.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Thats pretty gay what happened Ryan, I hit a bird once and once i nearly hit plasia's mailbox...

On the sunject of concerts anyone wanna come nine inch nails????

@ Adam: Are we still on for a bit of smash thursday?

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
****, poor car and poor roo. I'm lucky that I've never hit any wildlife because the wildlife would own my car and then it would be wildlife: 1, me and my car: 0 :chuckle: but seriously my car would act like an airbag for a roo.

And yes we are still on for Thursday Nick, where do you want to meet ?.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well... my name is Kyran :p but I'm not big on spelling errors, since in Beauty and the Beast last year I was credited twice as KYREN... lame. I mostly get Ky or Kyza... much easier lol.

But yes, I'm so in. My money is going to be so tight, I have this Eminence concert to buy a ticket for then I WANT to buy a ticket for Reel Big Fish as well :( **** you concerts which I must see!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
That sounds cool as CATS, maybe the Melbourne Smash scene should go along and show them how its done? Lol.

And TM, I envy you. There's an ever so small chance I can still get one if I get money this week.

Top Bottom