• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we can do both right? I'm looking forward to both anyways. Maybe SEAT3 will be good practise for OHN5 and a good method of preparation. Shaz can clear things up for us.

P.S Hey falcophantasm, who said anything about free do's?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey all
Mikul you have my FE: Sacred Stones and I have yours.

SEAT3 vs OHN5:
OHN5 is all good and well, but keep these things in mind when deciding
-these top players from US are just that, so don't expect you're going to pull any miracle wins in a hurry.
-OHN5 is not a smash specific event, SEAT is, and as such you will get more for your money at SEAT
-there will be americans at OHN5 (that's a good thing in most peoples eyes)
-I'm really considering going to OHN5, so it's not like I'm saying it's a bad idea
-KO will sleep with Boozer pants optional
-I will not run SEAT3 if it's money out of my pockets coz I have better things to pay for :\

Basically many smashers will make the effort from within victoria to come to SEAT, but will not for OHN5 - Victoria being the best state in general at smash due to having so many events prior to this will mean a higher AVERAGE skill level. Unless there is strong reason to not hold SEAT3 I believe it to be a good warm-up event to OHN5, and those with pockets and skill large enough should go for both ideally. Otherwise decide for yourself, and I hope to see you at either or both :)

LOL everyone seems to have a different opinion of who the best AUS smashers actually are. Let me give my opinion on top smashers based on trouble they give me
-Emily (she was at the level the other people listed here are like 2.5 years ago :O)
-Cella+Bringer (cant decide, they both pull stuff I have NFI what hit me lol)
-Jon (his games stronger than just about everyones, regardless of his average tech skill)
-Freddo+Mark (Both moving along the tech side like crazy mans....just a matter of experience and advice now)
-Gloth(get that natural WD happening Gloth! - otherwise a **** good game and strategy)+Sloth (Unknown bum with nice ownage skills, can't say more)+CATS(Luigi wont work against me -_- = stick with Pika vs Fox)
-SADave(deserves a mention - I've got vs Falco experience more than probably anything else
but he's still got my two thumbs up)
There are of course people I can't speak of since I havent played them in AGES.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
LOL! Despite the fact we spent most of the day in the pool at Shaz's, spitting water, holding our breath, doing backstroke, and rubbing our nipples, we had a great time playing smash. Pity I had to leave at 6ish, but it was fun. Thanks to Adam, who I know the name of now, for being cool. Getting half naked with me and Shaz is manly step in the right erection. Uh... Direction. =D

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe this crap when I was at Shaz's two weeks back the was no mention of a pool or nipple rubbing... well actually there was talk of nipple rubbing, manly galant man spooning and big serbian balls.... but still.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
shaz i can uair you to teleport you through the stage as pikachu but it's more fun to try and learn to kill fox with luigi. more luigi for everyone

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not saying SEAT3 is out of the question, but OHN5 looks to be a very good time of year, as they are looking to co-incide it with university and school holidays. Let's hope my uni's wierd schedule doesn't mess me up again.

OHN5 = Wes = Training for beating Hugs at smash = Hugs trash talk out the window = I'm happy ^_^

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Even though im organising OHN5, I also would prefer SEAT 3, its seems more natural being smash only, especially cause its in the home of Aussie pro smash.

I miss Melbourne, NSW sucks :(

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm glad SEAT3's getting support, so I'll continue with it :)
CATS lol that teleporting stuff owns me :O!
Zereul lol Mark sits like you more and more...I think he believes he's now changed nationality.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, so now his got another personality too :) I guess he just misses my **** "Peach" Zelda.

King Kong

Smash Lord
SEAT 3 is all well and good.

But many of us dont have the luxury of parents who give money/full time jobs so we have to choose.

I have to pick sydney over SEAT 3, flights will be cheaper, i'll have more time to save, there will be my people (Americans) there and i'll still be able to get my smash on. Heck, id go to sydney just to play bringer a few more times.

anyways, not like us QLD guys have ever brought any quality smash to Melbourne lol.

I will still try my best to come to SEAT 3, but its my no.2 choice if i have to pick.

falcophantism

Smash Apprentice
SabreAnt said:
LOL! Despite the fact we spent most of the day in the pool at Shaz's, spitting water, holding our breath, doing backstroke, and rubbing our nipples, we had a great time playing smash. Pity I had to leave at 6ish, but it was fun. Thanks to Adam, who I know the name of now, for being cool. Getting half naked with me and Shaz is manly step in the right erection. Uh... Direction. =D
^^^LOL, actually I was a little confused as my nipplage area was bigger than evryone elses and the blow up whale kept trying to comunicate with me ??!!. :chuckle:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL KK I hope you realise it's an event not a meet-esque tourney like SEAT...your chances of playing Ryan repeatedly are far better at SEAT + around it were that to be the case. QLD brings a lot to it, I appreciate your repping in the past guys. Otherwise, yeah go to OHN5 if you can do so coz I guess it'll make us look like we actually care about smash.

LOL that Whale was only inferior in classicness to the yelling trailer trash dad HAHAHAHA!

King Kong

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know that shaz, but the thing is....

So far my SEATs have consisted of me waking up early, catching a plane to Melbourne, smashing for a day, going to the actual tournament the next, smashing for a bit afterwards then waking up early the next day and flying home lol (all the while borrowing heaps of money off Toai). To me SEAT is practically an event :) and thats nobodys fault but my own hahahahaha as David has often said "Your a tool KK"

Like I said, i'll still do everythign i can to come down, you know i wouldnt miss it for the world (but I would for a chance to play Killa OR even once)

lol why am i not on your list of best aussie smashers. Nobody gets four stocked, politely thanks his opponent for the match with a beaming smile then gets all emo on the inside like I do :cry: hahahahhahaha

peace out

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cronos_Rainbow said:
What's wrong with the timing of it? I mean it's open for discussion, and it's some time away.
It's just simply too early in the year. I'm trying to get work in schools so it won't be very good after an interview to add "Oh yeah, and I'm going to melbourne in march, sorry."

Plus I've almost paid off my car, and adter I do that, I'm not going to have enough money for Melb for a while.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's in April - during holidays :\..but if you don't have the money I guess it wont make a difference. Oh well i'm sad to hear that news Mic :'( Good luck with your work and car though :)

KK you're not on the list coz you own me so if I add you it's potentially removing all chances of me being considered a good player since you got 4 stocked on vid :O Hope you understand ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I just participated in my first SoCal Tourney @ Ken's place and it was probably one of the most fun times I've ever had with Smash to date. Everyone is supercool and nice; it's hard to see how some Yanks can pull of a split personality on the boards, make themselves to be total asswipes, yet as a person ends up being everything you can hope for in a Smahser.

I came 3rd in teams with my Smashbuddy in UCSD (A Link main that's better than Mark LOL) and tied 7th in singles.

I AM IN LOVE WITH CREWS! Oh wow... we should have done something like that back at home. It's the best feeling when everyone has their role to play and the giants of Smash are teling you what to do - the encouragement and trashtalk sets up for a great atmosphere. It's prolly the most social way of actually playing Smash... I love it.

So I ended up facing Arash in Singles.... had to happen some time or another. I lost both matches with narrow losses. I was willing to concede he was my Boozer superior, but he said Boozer dittoes are really gay and doesn't really show which is better. So instead we let each other verse our Boozer counter for a couple matches (he versed my Peach and I versed his Ganon). The Boozer always lost narrowly.
Then there was also a random Kirby which versed bth our Boozers. It took out Arash but I topped it out. So you be the judge. It's fairly close as it is, I'm happy to leave it at that. :)

And I versed Ken. He was happy to verse me, suprising, seeing some of the San Diego peeps tell me they're not allowed to face Ken until they've taken down the whole of the Elite5. So it's a privledge I guess ^_^. Sooo.... only my Peach is able to take stock off his Roy/ Fox/Marth. If he uses Fox the result can be close. I had the upper hand for most part with Peach vs Roy, then he just 'got lucky' according to him and Ken comboed me to hell, lol. It's wikid stuff. Super nice guy too. And for the record, any time I touched Boozer or Roy, I asked for a 4 stocking :) TOO GOOD - believe it folks.

Ken talked to me alot about how's things like in Australia, and also if I knew Shaz and Cella. I said I was good friends with them and he happy to hear that. But yeah, I'm carrying over my Smash Directedness over to the US, cus he's asking for help with the OC2 - planned to the one of the major international tournies in the US. He expects around 250-300+ people (alot will be from SoCal I guess). ut he can't find a space to house that many people yet, so now I'm hunting with him. Australia should prolly come to this as well - Japan, Europe, Canada, and the rest of America are going to come. It's in August.

We ended up the Smash day by going to a Hamburger joint (OMG American food rerry sucks) and Mana posed the inevitable question: "Are you going to become an Aussie Traitor and join the West Coast?" CAOTIC: "I'd love to. But **** ****ing Shaz!"

EDIT - Now I'm officially an Aussie traitor just to piss off Shaz :p WEST COAST FO LYFE!!

Cheers.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CAOTIC:
EDIT - Now I'm officially an Aussie traitor just to piss off Shaz :p WEST COAST FO LYFE!!

Cheers.
dont expect us to welcome you back with open arms when the yanks backstab you
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i bought a new sword and sephiroth figurine on saturday, they are both coooooooool

still waiting for the official dates of the tourney shazzizzle

NG7

Smash Lord
CAOTIC said:

Cheers.
oh my GOD man!!! How can you do this to your country!! :mad: It's not to late to take it back. I urge you to reconsider.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL LOL LOL. I'm just joshing, cus it's funnier that way. No, but serously, WC!!!! WC is cool and all, but it doesn't have Shaz... which is just annoying. I will represent Australia when needed.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CAOTIC:
LOL LOL LOL. I'm just joshing, cus it's funnier that way. No, but serously, WC!!!! WC is cool and all, but it doesn't have Shaz... which is just annoying. I will represent Australia when needed.
pfft, what makes you think we want you back traitor boy

youve made your bed, and we aint in it

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
KO can come back to AUS only if he agrees to spoon with every european male smash player in Victoria. That is my final word :p

Link_Wins

Smash Apprentice
you guys are strange :laugh:

and i probly goin to be able to make it to OHN5 (not seat3 unfortunately) but i may be out of luck...its my dads birthday on the 1st and my step mums on the 2nd...the 2 days the tourny is on :mad: ill be there though, dont worry ;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
This Saturday - my place - smash meet - inform me if you're coming. It may be hot - theres a pool - bring stuff if you wanna go in obviously. Mark may not consume alcohol until he proves himself.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

DEL MAR WOLFENBOOZER. says:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1184044#post1184044
CUUUUTTTEEEEE
note how yanks are starting to spell it 'boozer'
<3
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
LOL! good
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
he does booze it up
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
the drunken bum
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
and spits fire
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
hes cuute
and he falls over lots
cuuteee
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
aww
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
he needs a huuuuuugggggg
and a pat on the head
there there boozer
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
aww soo cuuute
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
lol

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
do you REALLY think hes cute?
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
yes
awwwwww
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
but only not as cute as junior...but almost
lol
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
if i think he used to be like junior then hes very cute
-=> Fox Hokage <=- says:
VERRRYYY VEEEEERRRRYRYYYY CUUUTE
LOLLL

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
/Vomits

KK your not alowed to miss SEAT3 ... its a rule ... suck it up banana bender.

Zereul dude ... /Galant Mans Salute

Shaz ... Man thanks for last weekend it was pwnage .. wish I had of had some boardies to go for a dip with you ruggered manly types ... oh well next time.
and yeah ... being able to do more than one wavedash in a row might just lift my game.
your place again this weekend huh? ... the only thing that has me worried is the heat ... it really does take a slice of the fun out of things ... if only we had an aircon venue ... that would rock ... but regardless ... put me down for it ... smash is smash.

Hey Sloth ... you should come over! be a stow-away!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
bowser is ugly :3

luigi is the man! with his hotdog maneuver no one can top him! he is definately more cute/awesome/homosexual than bowser!

Sloth

Smash Ace
I would go across Gloth. If I could stay somewhere for a week and also find $100 dollars for plane tickets ^_^

I'd be happy to escape the exciting world of Tasmania. I mean just today, I woke up and looked outside and there were three cows in our backyard... seems very odd, I should go take pics.
I'm still going to try and make it to seat3, but I can't promise I'll be able to make it.

Bowser is clearly the hottest thing ever. I'd marry him in a second. Bam.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OH DEAR GOD

I'M LOSING MY AUSTRALIAN ACCENT

(****, if it only took me a month to get influenced, it's scary to think how I'd sound 11 months later...)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CAOTIC:
OH DEAR GOD

I'M LOSING MY AUSTRALIAN ACCENT

(****, if it only took me a month to get influenced, it's scary to think how I'd sound 11 months later...)
geez, why dont you just get an american blood transfusion cao

*flips everyone the bird*

King Kong

Smash Lord
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Dave, you suck. I lasted like a week before getting back my american accent (Considering i had one ages 1-12 lol) Im gonna go visit my family on the east coast so we can be east/west coast rivals hahahahahahahah.

Peace out

Top Bottom