• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks, another Melbourne smasher here.

Good to see some events cooking - I'll be at the smashfest for sure :)

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Hey jared whats up man? nice to see you've joined smashboards. look at the last page of this thread to check out when my fest is on. and if you can come ^_^

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh Cao I'm flying down, then when I get to N30n's place im drinking caus I would have gotten duty free booze (r) (lol) (so cuuuute).

Because I'm getting a small holiday at the start and end of Jan, I dear not ask for more holidays. So any smash meets in near future are not going to be atended by me.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Aiight gouys! reserve the 8th the 20th as im having two smashfests at my place (93 Bonds Rd Lower Plenty, Melbourne) from 12 - 6pm. any questions.. just post it

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Aiight sweet so the tourny is 27th 12 till 8pm... (get there at 11 to help set up) OK! so we need tv's, cubes, snacks, (no grog sorry),umm ok prices:
$10 for singles
$20 for doubles (10 each)

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
Aiight sweet so the tourny is 27th 12 till 8pm... (get there at 11 to help set up) OK! so we need tv's, cubes, snacks, (no grog sorry),umm ok prices:
$10 for singles
$20 for doubles (10 each)
One cube down, and some snacks too :p.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I can probably bring a Cube down as well as a copy of Smash and my Mem. Card.

My Wii will also be joining me for my adventure to Melbourne for a week so drop a line if you want that sexy little box to appear as well.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
umm, i think it would be better if you didn't bring the wii lemon, im going to try and make it smash only... dont want any wii's interfeering.. not even to run smash, just cubes and tv's xD

LemonManX

Smash Lord
*pats Wii*

Its okay, you're still coming down with me. Gotta entertain myself somehow when I'm not at a Smashfest during my Melbourne adventure.

Note: That can be read in a couple of different ways...

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'd like to get some extra smash in, and would like to get a few guys together and get some friendlies before Dohei's meet on the 8th. If anyone would like some friendlies just let me know. :)

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Ey Mikul. I have no New Years Plans for the first time, like, ever. And I'd really like to play smash. I'm willing to host, but the thing is that I don't reckon many ppl will show up coz of their own plans with new years. SO yeah, any ideas? Otherwise I'm comfortable just waiting for 7th/8th at dohei's.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Darn I nearly came to Melbourne as well, alas as of yet I don't believe I have any New Years plans yet either. Maybe I could get my crew together for Smash... *ponders*

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Ey Mikul. I have no New Years Plans for the first time, like, ever. And I'd really like to play smash. I'm willing to host, but the thing is that I don't reckon many ppl will show up coz of their own plans with new years. SO yeah, any ideas? Otherwise I'm comfortable just waiting for 7th/8th at dohei's.
I'm not particuarly fussed atm, if little people want to come it could just be a simple one on one practice really, but definately sometime this week. We'll talk about it on msn then, and arrange a day.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
My friend informed me that train travel to Melbourne today is free after 4pm (at least from Bendigo)... ZOMG is this true? If it is then maybe I could come down for a rockin' time, but then again I believe it would be slightly unexpected if I were to tell my friend I would be rockin' up in like 6 hours lol.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, count me in aswell, i really need some smashing xD, umm i also have cao comming on the 26th to help set up and then after that there will be some smash ofcourse, but if anyone wants to come help set up to make the event more enjoyable just let me know xD

I can also probably host another smashfest before the 8th if its really needed. but once again let me know so i can know if people are going to come or not and so i know if its even worth hosting..

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Alas, it could not happen tonight. But I'll tell you all what I'll look into my bank account and into the train schedules and see what day I can come down next for some random Smash enjoyment.

LemonManX feels like turning into the Incredible Hulk as its not very often there are free train rides to Melbourne.

And Dohei, if I'm able to get around to your place to help you set up the day before I will gladly lend a hand + get some nice Smash time in. It will have to depend on what my transport ends up being though. Because while I'm staying with my friend he'll be basically working ALL day which leaves me with nothing to do... sooo *drops Smash hints*

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Aiight guys, I've made up my mind, and i really CBF waiting for the 8th, not to mention the huge gap between the 8th and 20th... (12 days is too much waiting in my opinion) so im going to host a few more smashfests... can i get a Huzzah!?

Sloth

Smash Ace
Happy New Year and all that jazz. Did everyone enjoy themselfs ?.

Who got wasted ?, who got tipsy and who took off all their clothes ?.
Wasted.. and took off clothes.

Now with hangover. I love goon.
So many randoms I talked too. So many fireworks.
So much of today is going to be /throw up

Hope you guys have a fun and safe happy new year :)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sounds as though you had quite an eventful New Years, Sloth lol. Well as long as fun was had by all! Enjoy the day folks.

I'm sure many are feeling the aftermath.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Man, my alcoholic escapades last night SUCKED. I drank a few, got tipsy, drank another, got sick. No happy drunkenness in between. I didn't even crack into the Pulses that I was oh-so-much looking forward to drinking. After I threw up for the second time I felt heaps better but my mates said I shouldn't continue drinking just in case. I concurred. I don't wanna drink beer ever again, it's too sucky. Well, at least I didn't have a hangover when I woke up.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Beer is like a double edged sword.

Beer tends to be cheaper than most alcohol (at least when I go out clubbing it is) but its not the most favourable taste in the world. But hey, whatever gets the job done, right? Lol.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ahhh same thing happened to me except... I was all 'happy' and 'lolly' and 'rofly' and all that... and then the next day I was like... *dying* Seriously, it was so fking gross. Even though I said: "I'll never drink alcohol again!" ... it doesn't really stick, lol.

Getting drunk + Taking clothes off + Not remembering what you did the previous day = Fun~! Plus you can do 'anything' *nudge* and not care.

Still... the throwing up sucks like crap. I threw up like... 7 times or something... <_<;; Hmm...

You know putting lemons under your armpits while you sleep after drinking a lot makes you not get a hangover? =]

LemonManX

Smash Lord
*Hides all my lemons*

Don't even think about it! Lol.

On other notes, we should plan some regular Smash things when I'm in Melbourne between 20th-27th (besides Comrades of course lol) I don't like being bored :) lol.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aren't you supposed to get a headache with a hangover?

All i got was my stomach complaining when I rolled over at like 5:00 in the morning. After about an hour of stomach complaints I fell asleep again and was fine >_>.

I was pretty trashed too, so maybe I'm lucky and don't get strong hangovers? 0_o

Sloth

Smash Ace
Negative. I never get headache hangovers. Except this one time, it lasted 2 days.

But the main hangover you get - for me - is the stomach dead hangover. Its like, you go to move and feel like throwing up, try to eat or drink and same.

All you feel like doing is just sitting there, thinking "wtf happened last night?"

I disagree about Beer. Beer I think is more like coffee. The more you have the more the taste grows on you. Right now, I'd rather drink Carton of Coldies then anything else in the world. Heck, even if it was non-alcoholic I'd probably drink it.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
That could be more accurate. Recently I have found beer's taste more appealing, perhaps its because due to being a Uni student I have stopped throwing money for expensive spirits lol.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Some regular smash meets sound good caus now I cant go to Tassie, the people I work with can really pisss me off at times, like now. I cant be botherd explaining it now I'm too angry, check the BOO 2 thread for details.

Top Bottom