• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Brawl Tier List Discussion Thread(?)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
So Brawl is relatively new. Seeing the first tier list should be quite interesting. Above all we shouldn't follow the PAL tier list and we should make one of our own. Australia is a unique country and should have a unique tier list.

Or we can have a ranking system. Characters who are seen to have more potential are closer to the top.

Discuss.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Captain Falcon should be at the very top, Jeez.

Bjay

Smash Lord
PAL tier list.
Yes, and this it:

Tier 1

Sheik
Falco
Fox
Marth
Peach

Tier 2

Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario

Tier 3

Luigi
Link
Yoshi
Roy
Donkey Kong
Pikachu

Tier 4

Young Link
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Tier 1

Geedubya
Boozer
Cute
Laserz
Foxywoxy
Marth's sword
Peach's ***

Tier 2

Zelda's manly side
Two many hammers
Spammer of spamness
Jigglypuffs jumps
Pills
Wizard Foot
In every Nintendo game

Tier 3

Marios Shadow
Hyrule guy
Egg guy
The one with TEH PH1R3
U-throw to U-air
THUNDERBOLT

Tier 4

Smaller Gyrule Guy
Female hyrule
Sparklies
Jaz
Smaller THUNDERBOLT
Most powerful pokemon ever somehow becomes worst character in melee..... sense much?

Sirias

Smash Champion
... Lol to Zac. XD

I don't think Australia itself should have it's own Tier List.
Well, I mean it can...
But if it's for Australia and it's PAL wouldn't it apply to other countries as well?
So would you, ultimately, be making a 'new' PAL tier list?

... Have fun with explanations and reasonings and all that. <3

Top Tier always =
Fox, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Peach, Samus, Falcon, ICs.

Nothing else really matters. =]

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Theoretically, it would take into account player potentials, the American and European tier lists and our own tournament placings.

That would mean that Yoshi and G&W would have uncharacteristic placings.

I've never really cared much for the PAL tier list anyway, it's not really that different. A good character is a good character.

Arrow Five

Smash Rookie
Our games are no different from America's in gameplay, so why do we need a tier list? The one we have is international.

Arrow Five

Smash Rookie
Meh. It's just my opinion. Sure, the tier list could change depending on the tourney's won here, but otherwise...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
No offense Arrow Five - but you're seeming to do the thing that bothers me a lot that people do a lot these days - when wrong, say "it's just my opinion". It's indeed a fact that the versions of smash around the world are significantly different. Also, the level of skill in certain characters here compared to their supposed potential "with the current metagame" (which is something else people tend to hide behind - but ill leave that for another day) is quite different than the US players speculate.
Welcome to the boards - hope you don't take the corrections too personally :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yep he sure does.

So do alot of gay guys and women.
Sure you love women yeah?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I have to power to control your super moderator ummm..... what was that word again?........things so you better listen to me or else I will..............*falls asleep on computer*

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Instead of doing a "tier list". It would be interesting to see the latest tournament results with respect to the characters and their placings. Rather then listing the potential that a character can have or match ups, simply list the recent sucess of characters with a point system. A Success Tally that could be updated every so often.
The intention being that you could compare the actual use and success of characters within a certain area, rather than the theoretical "best" characters.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Instead of doing a "tier list". It would be interesting to see the latest tournament results with respect to the characters and their placings. Rather then listing the potential that a character can have or match ups, simply list the recent sucess of characters with a point system. A Success Tally that could be updated every so often.
The intention being that you could compare the actual use and success of characters within a certain area, rather than the theoretical "best" characters.
Good idea, except, it doesn't tell you ENOUGH.

For example, Falco is currently ranking No. 2 on the Japanese list. There are some characters that are not yet being used properly in tournaments (such as Falco) and have not become successful yet, though they easily have the potential to be successful.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Only time will tell.....
OMG, how old are you?

I'm 16, I might know you if your around the same age. All I can say is I went to St Anthony's primary, now I go to St Johns regional college, I played footy for Noble Park, I did athletics for Springvale LAC (but now I run for Malvern harriers). Those are possible places we could know each other from.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, except, it doesn't tell you ENOUGH.

For example, Falco is currently ranking No. 2 on the Japanese list. There are some characters that are not yet being used properly in tournaments (such as Falco) and have not become successful yet, though they easily have the potential to be successful.
If charcters arent being used properly then this could indicate that. We dont need to make a tier list for Australia. The tier list is globally accepted (for each version) and the PAL list would be the accepted list in Australia. Rather, because Australia doesnt need a tier list, some sort of documentation of a more local scale would be interesting.

Making tier lists can be debatable but simply adding up the success rates is fully quantitative and hence easy to do at a local level (provided people communicate results). It would therefore be more suitable to make a list documenting the frequency of characters' usage and their success.

Umm... what else would you like it to tell? =)

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Tier lists are for pansies..

A good player will make their character work.. Imo tier lists are used as excuses for characters being 'better' than others because they seem more powerful off the bat or for people who can;t choose their own character and instead choose the 'op' one in an attempt to be a better player..

Brawl has a new style of play, new engine and is alot more balanced to an extent than melee was.. So rather then debate over which character is better, why not just go play the game and choose a character you enjoy and play them FFS..

BLAH..!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
While I agree (Bringer's yoshi is definetly top tier ;)) tier lists are simply a list of the fighters in order of strength. There is no way an awesome Marth is going to lose to an awesome Pichu. The Pichu player would need to be much more skilled, so it's not impossible. Just it would need a godly Pichu to beat an awesome Marth.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Tier lists are for pansies..

A good player will make their character work.. Imo tier lists are used as excuses for characters being 'better' than others because they seem more powerful off the bat or for people who can;t choose their own character and instead choose the 'op' one in an attempt to be a better player..

Brawl has a new style of play, new engine and is alot more balanced to an extent than melee was.. So rather then debate over which character is better, why not just go play the game and choose a character you enjoy and play them FFS..

BLAH..!
What!? Brawl is more balanced? That is not a fact as of now and it seems that Brawl could even be more unbalanced than Melee ever was. Brawl has lot's of broken characters and near useless characters. Snake and Meta-knight can destroy most of the cast just like Spacies and Sheik did in Melee. The game only appears balanced because it's new. You just wait. By the end of the year, Brawl will have a tier list and only "5" characters will be used in tournaments again.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I agree with perp ownage. There are just many useless characters in Brawl and a few broken characters considering the game is relatively new. The gap seems to be even bigger than it was in Melee.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Really? I personally feel it's more closer than Melee, and those who are 'low' tier, aren't there because they suck, but that others are better. Low tier is the new Mid tier.

_X_

Smash Lord
Really? I personally feel it's more closer than Melee, and those who are 'low' tier, aren't there because they suck, but that others are better. Low tier is the new Mid tier.
I agree... well, kinda.

Seeing as the game is yet to be comepletely ***** and exploted to the extent of Melee characters metagames are yet to be fully realized.

That being said, who know if it'll change that much... >_>.

Top Bottom