• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The 3DS demo didn't have ZSS.

Sheik might end up high tier, I don't think top at this point.

A lot of the new characters don't see that good at this point. Mega Man will end up low tier solely because he doesn't have an actual jab or ftilt.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not sure with them either, it's pretty mixed.

Either way gonna wait and see since I expect some changes between the demo and the new game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So how about that Pokken Tournament?

Mite be cool

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
My entire life I've wanted a Pokemon fighting game, and I'm surprised it took them this long to make one. It'll be a day one buy for sure. At least I have this baby to get my fix.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He's still around, super hyped for Smash 4. He wants to use Robin and probably abandon Lucario.

He's backstabbing everyone here...

And he sucks at Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shhhh, don't ruin the surprise...

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers

Can someone explain to me why lucario has two default colors but no shiny?

They must of known this would stir up some controversy since they now added hulk-ario >_>

Gune

Smash Lord
So been watching the stream and lucario is just overall faster and has more reach with his attacks this time around. Even the animations on his attacks look smoother and more fighting centric than, last time my personal favorite move at the moment thats been redone is his dash attack it just looks so cool now.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Worst thing about smash 4, is now ill have to migrate to the new Lucario boards. Full of... 2014'ers

UGH GROSS

What I came here to say though, is will someone step up to be the Infi-tan of Lucario for smash 4? Will any of the veterans be the sage of Lucario?

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Worst thing about smash 4, is now ill have to migrate to the new Lucario boards. Full of... 2014'ers

UGH GROSS

What I came here to say though, is will someone step up to be the Infi-tan of Lucario for smash 4? Will any of the veterans be the sage of Lucario?
'14ers gunna be '14ers just give them a year or two

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

UGH GROSS
It's cool, they'll disperse eventually, once the speculation stage is finally over.

So been watching the stream and lucario is just overall faster and has more reach with his attacks this time around. Even the animations on his attacks look smoother and more fighting centric than, last time my personal favorite move at the moment thats been redone is his dash attack it just looks so cool now.
DON'T THEY LOOK MANLY?!
his smash attacks look noticably quicker. Like, very sudden when they come out. However, it looks like his attacks don't linger nearly as long as they use to. Honestly, i'm okay with that though.

No doubt about it, his animations were completely redone from the ground up. I especially like his new down throw and jab~ <3

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

UGH GROSS

Just do what I plan to do.

Be a complete jerk to the newbies and ridicule them when they say something so very wrong.

It keeps things fresh.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Except I'll contribute more.

Maybe.

Whatever.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hah. Yeah, looks like his body portions are in-check this time around. Defs looks cooler/cuter.
Really glad too. I'm definitely not gonna miss those massive thighs paired with that tiny torso.

Browny

Smash Hater
I love going through my old posts on swf

so much hating. Mostly at marth mains.

I want to live up to my title once again on smash 4 and troll the hell out of tier list threads like the good old days but I worry I wont be able to get into smash 4 like I did with brawl :(

I dont remember why I made this but I was going through my old computer right now looking for my miku folder and found it

But what does it mean like what is violence road and why did i pick the shawshank redemption poster

Do Kita and Flame still drop by?

Browny

Smash Hater
Hoy **** it didnt take me long to get back into hate mode.

I'm banning myself from the smashbros reddit page what a bunch of wannabe elitist smart-a$$ trolls.

'Vectoring' is literally the dumbest thing I've heard all year in smash bros and the degree to which people defend it blindly is just... painful. They have an allegiance to 'vectoring' of the likes I've never seen before, its like religious fundy level insanity. My issue with it is a) Vectoring is not a word and b) Changing a vector is called 'addition' in the real world, or 'influence' in smash bros (which is also technically correct)

Why the hell do people feel the need to create a new word to describe a mechanic which is perfectly explained by words that exist and are already used in smash.

Just like 'moon-dashing' I saw a few days ago, describing a slow dash dance.

What next, multi-air-projectiling to describe SHDL?

Fugg dis

What's the point of visiting a smashboards subreddit when you have the actual smashboards?

Anyway there are a ton of terms in smash that aren't real words, this has always been a thing.

And I guess people made it a verb because they feel they're describing the action of adding a vector to their knockback, rather than the outcome of the action.

In any case I think knockback influence is a better term but w/e

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I think they renamed it so people wont get it confused with traditional DI.

Do I think its a good idea to rename this? Yes, because the mechanic is different enough that using DI in the traditional manner in Smash 4 won't work. The way to pull it off is different, so the name should be different.

However, I am against the name "vectoring" because I don't like the way it sounds and I feel that it doesn't describe this as much as DI does. IMO this should be simply called Smash 4 DI. S4DI could work... All they need to do is show that melee/brawl DI is different than SSB4 DI.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Vectoring i'm okay with. Not the name, but the renaming of it from DI to vectoring.

I've seen so much stupider. At the moment, everyones trying to take the most insignificant thing and coin a name for it so they can say they discovered something in smash. Half of these threads are about **** that was already present in the previous smash.

Browny

Smash Hater
IJ I understand people invent words to describe things in smash.

My problem is that vector influencing makes sense, and VI is distinguishable from DI, people are familiar with it.

This is the equivalent of when DI was 'discovered' in brawl by some scrub, who then goes and coins a term 'directioning' and suddenly zounds of people start using the word, defending it as if it is sacred to them.

I see absolutely no difference with that, and the invention of 'vectoring'.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Come on guys, ink dropping is useful. Give it a chance...

Top Bottom