• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Boost Kill %´s

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Dont know if this has been done before but im gonna get working on it, wanna help?

we need a copilation on the kill percentage for each character with each move, has this not bothered anyone before ? or did i miss something:dizzy:?

anyways im going to start working on the % for MK and im posting them here...

* I willl start with its kill %´s from the middle of FINAL DESTINATION without taking DI
into consideration.

anyone wanna get started on snake, etc?

* oh and if anyone has any tips to get this done quicker id really apreciate it :)

hough123

Smash Ace
It would all be variable due to DI differences and such. STage location, and sweet spots also seriously affect survival rates. A rough estimate of kill % at each aura boost stage would be useful, though.

Just letting you know the risks.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
It would all be variable due to DI differences and such. STage location, and sweet spots also seriously affect survival rates. A rough estimate of kill % at each aura boost stage would be useful, though.

Just letting you know the risks.
Thanks for pointing that out, i already took that into consideration tho, i just forgot to mention it.

* ill edit first post

Browny

Smash Hater
Its honestly the nicest thing I could do by telling you this is a waste of time and you shouldnt do it.

Youve got to consider different stages, locations, Lucario's %, stock standing, DI, staled moves and sweetspots. Its just pointless knowing when a character will die to a fresh, even stock standing attack while in the exact centre of FD with no or variable DI since it will just never happen.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Its honestly the nicest thing I could do by telling you this is a waste of time and you shouldnt do it.

Youve got to consider different stages, locations, Lucario's %, stock standing, DI, staled moves and sweetspots. Its just pointless knowing when a character will die to a fresh, even stock standing attack while in the exact centre of FD with no or variable DI since it will just never happen.
is gonna take an awfull amount of work (thats the main reason im asking help)but why should other characters know when they can kill you and we shoulnt i dont find that fair....

If no one starts were never gonna finish.....

Edit: and a little comment to you, ive been reading your post and your waaay to pessimistic bro, im sure we can gain something good from this... even if the percentages arent exactly completely accurate an aproximate will go a long way.

Browny

Smash Hater
I know im pessismistic lol, I just believe for people to get better at the game, they need to spend as much time as possible playing the game and figuring out things themselves. If you approach a situation where you have to think 'ok the enemy is in range for a particular KO move, able to be comboed etc' and force yourself to try and land it its just never going to work regularly against smart players who know, without having to do any theory work, than you cant force them into the kill move/combo you want.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I could've SWORN we had a list somewhere in 25% increments from the center of FD. I remember because I kept checking back on it at one point. <<

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I know im pessismistic lol, I just believe for people to get better at the game, they need to spend as much time as possible playing the game and figuring out things themselves. If you approach a situation where you have to think 'ok the enemy is in range for a particular KO move, able to be comboed etc' and force yourself to try and land it its just never going to work regularly against smart players who know, without having to do any theory work, than you cant force them into the kill move/combo you want.
ive been getting better at the game, and i belive this can take me a bit further.. thats the main reason im trying to do this...

I could've SWORN we had a list somewhere in 25% increments from the center of FD. I remember because I kept checking back on it at one point. <<
ooh yeah i remember that list i saved it somewere,, im gonna go look for it, ill help speed things up a bit thanks for the reminder ;)

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
ive been getting better at the game, and i belive this can take me a bit further.. thats the main reason im trying to do this...

ooh yeah i remember that list i saved it somewere,, im gonna go look for it, ill help speed things up a bit thanks for the reminder ;)
the only thing this list will do is give us a general idea of when a move will kill. This doesn't matter since after playing for a while you will already get a feel for when all of your moves will kill at what percents, at what point on the stage, and at how stale the move is.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
the only thing this list will do is give us a general idea of when a move will kill. This doesn't matter since after playing for a while you will already get a feel for when all of your moves will kill at what percents, at what point on the stage, and at how stale the move is.
Knowing a number will greatly increse our knowledge on it, bc if we have an exact number then we can figure out how much a % more characters DI wil save him , that way we can calculate when we can kill....

the thing is that lucario gets some stupid early kills and we should take advantage of that...

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
actually in the process of helping you know what kills earlier the other char boards can do the same to know how to play you in that sitatution.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking, like DJ, that this seems rather fruitless for the amount of work it'll tale. :/
But to each their own. Good luck working on this~

iRJi

Smash Champion
Personally, I find this to be more useful then people are giving credit for. I wouldn't go into so much detail, and narrow it down a bit, but overall it could be useful to actually know solid information rather then theory. Go for it by all means.

Chao~

Browny

Smash Hater
I hope that wasnt meant to be 'ciao' lol

I think like, isnt it always better to take the conservative estimate?

Like right now off the top of my head ill say lucario at 80% will kill mario in middle of FD, with DI + MC at;
105% fsmash tipper
130% FCAS
120% dsmash
110% fullhop height uair
115% usmash tipper

those estimates are on the high end, but I think theyre pretty safe without going more than 10% over whats needed. Its just that I can apply these safe predictions to any stage, character and attack and can always be conservative and get it right more often than not. Its one thing to do a TON of work by yourself to get the numbers (without DI is pointless) but its even more to expect people to actually remember those, rather than go off gut feeling like I would.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I hope that wasnt meant to be 'ciao' lol

I think like, isnt it always better to take the conservative estimate?

Like right now off the top of my head ill say lucario at 80% will kill mario in middle of FD, with DI + MC at;
105% fsmash tipper
130% FCAS
120% dsmash
110% fullhop height uair
115% usmash tipper

those estimates are on the high end, but I think theyre pretty safe without going more than 10% over whats needed. Its just that I can apply these safe predictions to any stage, character and attack and can always be conservative and get it right more often than not. Its one thing to do a TON of work by yourself to get the numbers (without DI is pointless) but its even more to expect people to actually remember those, rather than go off gut feeling like I would.
No, I spelled it like that on purpose. Represents Chao from Sonic. I have a inside joke with it, so ya lol.

It's not that we can't do it, because everyone knows a rough estimate, it just wouldn't hurt to have solid numbers.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Guestimation is for pros.

but kitas kinda right I guess.

The more MU experience you have VS a character the more you have a feel of when he'll be killed tho.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
We should also consider adding moves that kill earliest towards chars (for example, uair takes forever to kill heavies, nair can kill lightweights), and also do ones that are the most reliable killers in a MU (for example, FP on Wario when he fsmashes on your shield).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
We should also consider adding moves that kill earliest towards chars (for example, uair takes forever to kill heavies, nair can kill lightweights), and also do ones that are the most reliable killers in a MU (for example, FP on Wario when he fsmashes on your shield).
Ummm, what? Don't you mean reliability, not killing earliest? Fsmash always kills earliest. Guys like Marth are susceptible to Uair kills due to being weak to juggles, etc.

Top Bottom