• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 15, 2014] [SBiB] SUPER Brawl in Berlin (12685 Berlin, Germany, Europe)

Nau

Smash Rookie
I was about to buy the plane tickets with some other guys from Spain, but I have just been told that pokemon stadium 2 is a counterpick and i was wondering if it is an outdated ruleset or something like that, or if it will actually be a counterpick. I know it says in the ruleset that it will be a CP, but understand my shock, as I find playing in that stage is almost the same as playing with items, and I'm not really interested in that kind of experience. So, can someone confirm the veracity of that ruleset? Thanks in advance (hope someone answers soon as I want to buy (or not) the plane tickets).

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
PS2 is allowed. It has been a counterpick stage in germany for quite some time now. If you don't feel comfortable playing on the stage, then you can of course use your Ban on it (Thats what bans are for). But I can ensure you, that even though the stage is actually allowed, it gets picked almost never lol (I have seen it soooo few times, that its almost as if it wasnt allowed). The reason is, that PS2 doesnt really gives anyone an advantage. There is no character that really benefits from the stage, and doesnt already have better CP Stages. That's basically the main reason, why it was included in the ruleset back then. (The ruleset is quite old, but I stick with it for traditional reasons, will probably be the last brawl major anyway :s)

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Definitely down for this. A few other finns (so far only mmKALLL is super confirmed) are also coming.
I would probably need housing for the dates Wednesday-Friday. Does anyone know who I should contact or if anyone would be willing to house a small group of finns? (2-3 people - possibly 4 at most). Otherwise we'll probably just split a hotel/go to a hostel and explore the city during the days before the tournament.

:ganondorf:

Last edited:

Doraki

Smash Lord
hmm I could be interested especially if I can get housing in (or near) berlin after the tournament up to the 19th or 20th (I play melee / PM but not brawl)

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm 100% confirmed. Tickets bought and everything.
Dunkin Donuts here I come!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'm confirmed!

edit: btw I'll be teaming with Greward for both Melee and Brawl.

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Detailed post of all the people entering: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthr...014-86-80-VOLL&p=764216&viewfull=1#post764216 (You dont need german to understand the post)

You can find teams & people without a partner there.

Just so you know, I have to know ALL Teams before August 13th. After August 12th, if you havent told me your team, I will assign you to a random teampartner which will have a similar seeding as you.

So let me know your teams AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Also: IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES LET ME KNOW!!! (Check all Events pls, to make sure you are written down in everything you want to enter and not in any other events (I may have done some mistakes, I am human too :p))

Last edited:

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed!

I would love to MM anyone, probably for 1-5€. Most likely gonna play Diddy or MK in MMs.
I'll enter Brawl events only, so you can remove me from the Project M list. I'm teaming with Jebu in Brawl dubz.

Last edited:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Hype that we hit the cap.

Btw I've been looking at the schedule, melee and brawl will be running at the exact same time? :/ That's gonna be so hard to play. Can't we do like the melee events on the morning and brawl on the afternoon so changing games isn't so hard? If not I may drop out from melee.

I'm open to MMs btw, keeping it low tho, flight too expensive to go around betting more than 5€ a set.

Last edited:

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
Schwa, I'd love to MM you in Marvel! 5 euros! :shades:
Anyone who thinks they are decent at Tatsunoko vs Capcom - come out from hiding and have a match with me! :)

Oh, and take me out of MT Max and add me to USF and UMvC3. I'm surprised that Melee Alternate Stages has so few participants, it sounds fun, but I'd like to focus on the already numerous amount of tournaments I'm in so eh.

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Btw I've been looking at the schedule, melee and brawl will be running at the exact same time? :/ That's gonna be so hard to play. Can't we do like the melee events on the morning and brawl on the afternoon so changing games isn't so hard? If not I may drop out from melee.
The problem is, the finals of each game quite long, even though only a handful of players are playing. So sorry, there will be some crossings between the games :/ (I already took it into account when I had 1 hour between all the events and a pause before singles)

Dr.Crow

Smash Rookie
An other information,
RastaDragon plays for Brawl MT Max tournament and the Brawl doubles (He didn't see those choices) , and he is going to be my Teamate.

You Can add Dr.Crow + RastaDragon (Le Mensonge de Raoul)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
^gotcha!

And with that, we are finally FULL! (I did some changes to the way I calculate people, because some people that don't plan on sleeping at the venue)
So the last one to enter "normally" was asmodeus, who registered today.

Every additional confirm will be added to the WAITING LIST, which can be found here: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthr...014-80-80-VOLL&p=764216&viewfull=1#post764216
(Its in the german boards but the post is in english, so you should be fine :))

Don't hesitate to confirm just because we are full right now, it's pretty common that some people deconfirm before the tournament, so chances are you'd still get in!

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I still need a team-partner from you, guys!

Brawl Doubles:

• eleanorvonclere
• Felker
• V1CE
• Willz

Melee Doubles:
• -LzR-
• Askeflink
• Loota

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Oh youre right, I missed out on that, sry. (There were lots of late changes in the last few days)
Did only put you in Brawl for some reason >,<"

Top Bottom