• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Zelda Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

(Any chaingrabs, combos, etc that exist in specific match ups)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
  • swords
  • being outcamped
  • recovering against strong edgeguarders
  • good jabs
  • an effective way to severely limit lightning kicks
  • being easily strung in combos
  • Olimar and G&W

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda doesn't respond well to solic defensive games. it's that simple really:

-Falco's lasers, Toon Link's Projectiles and Pit's arrows are fantastic examples. without these tools, Zelda would probably do even better against them, but WITH these tools, Zelda has all sorts of problems approaching them. Her level of difficulty with that can increase or decrease due to stage choice, but it's always there.

- It's not just projectiles though, the excelent poking games of peach, marth and game and watch just wreak havok on zelda. Main reason for that is that they are so hard to punish but they can go through zelda's defenses pretty easily.

- Stages with hard to sweetspot ledges really let the weaknesses of her recovery show through. that hurts too.

aside from that, what hurts zelda most is that she's so **** light.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Bucket and PK Magnet put a stranglehold on Zelda. Basically, if a Ness player wants Zelda to approach, all he has to do is hold Down+B.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Kage, Zelda, CAN approach, just not as well as other people.

Technically you could just change to Sheik, but since this is Matchup i guess that's not an option. Anyway, a prematurely detonated din glide towards him will force him to keep that downB thing going. Now you're closer.

If he downB'd, and still is, dash attack.

If he WAS downBing, he's like blocking or coming in for the attack.
Blocking: Well, go in for the grab I guess.
In for the attack: move back and counter / spotdodge and d-tilt lock / sheilgrab, etc...

If he stopped down Bing as soon as you dinned, hopefully you learned how to space your din glides right and you have time to defend. I assure you there is a way to get close without getting too close. Chances are he might try to PK fire so prepare to use NL.

Of course, you don't have to use Din to approach. SHADing, SHFFN-airs or faux lightning kicks are all options too. You could run stop block up to him, or just hang around on the edge and play the waiting game.

goodkid

Smash Lord
- Stages with hard to sweetspot ledges really let the weaknesses of her recovery show through. that hurts too.
^^
*Difficult recovering from above, easily juggled
*Situational aerials, difficult to sweetspot
*Fast small characters, get over & under her attacks, difficult to sweetspot because of small size
*Characters that out-range/out-camp Ex. Marth, & Samus
*Vulnerable if Up-B is not sweetpot to ledge, or teleported to the ground where shes lagless
*Easy to DI F-Smash unless started earlier & hit w/ end of attack

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Bucket and PK Magnet put a stranglehold on Zelda. Basically, if a Ness player wants Zelda to approach, all he has to do is hold Down+B.
why do people think Zelda relies that heavily on Din's? she doesn't. NEXT!

goodkid

Smash Lord
Oh, & Zelda doesn't really get chain-grabbed. She can escape in 2-3 grabs, unless its a wall-infinite.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
The other day, I kept healing a Ness with Din's Fire while setting myself into perfect distance to get an edge-canceled FW. I warped, hit him, and instantly daired him for the kill.

The match was too long, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom