• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: United Kingdom

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
There are a few things I want to discuss with primarily the UK-based users back here.

1. KillerJawz stepped down as a Moderator for the Europe section. Fuzzyness and Yeniths (as well as myself and Utto) are still assigned to this room. Right now I'm leaning towards not getting a replacement for KJ as two UK mods should really be enough, but perhaps people disagree? Now's the time to speak up.

2. Your stickied monthlies thread has way too much social stuff and unrelated drama in it. From here on out it needs to be focused, or it should just be an unstuck social thread. I've had several complaints about it and looking through it getting actual info on monthlies is just too much of a headache. I would like to ask Fuzzy and Yeniths to see to it that the topic starts serving its purpose again. I don't think that's unreasonable considering how lenient everything is here.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Myself and Fuzzyness can take care of the EU section as you said, that is fine.

I'll sort out the sticked threads soon as I return home.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Yen and Fuzz nominated me to be a mod.

Also, KJ sent a letter of recommendation for me to take his place as a mod.

ok on a srs note though... I think we just need a Melee social thread to be made... maybe hand out a few warnings for social posts made in the monthly thread redirecting them to the social... and that'll be all good. :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Two mods is plenty, they both do their job fine.

The monthlies thread is effectively our social thread, all the information anyone would actually need about our monthlies is in the first post. If it's really that bothersome, then we can make a Melee social thread.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The London Monthly thread is basically a social thread, smashfests are practically always setup in that thread plus other little mini things and even though it's London a lot of the other UK people visit it.
That's the only thing that really needs to be stickied as the other threads aren't active enough.

And when people talking about UK sticking the thread they should only say Fuzz/Yen as they are the only people with the ability to in the UK lol.....

And KJ not a mod anymore....=O
Number 1 in the UK, KJ stepping down (or being forced out of his position but asked to kindly resign), all my dreams are coming true :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Just in case- I don't want to be a mod

Marc- I agree. I'll def try to post more relevant stuff in the thread and leave the other stuff for MSN.

rustediron

Smash Lord
lololololol KJ lolololol

Also I don't think this thread really deserves it's 'important' tag, it could have just been posted in the monthlies thread :S

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
No, because that would run counter to what I'm trying to achieve. ;)

It just doesn't look good for a stickied thread about monthlies to be all over the place, even if regulars know their way around it. I'm fine with you guys creating a Melee social thread or whatever else you want, just keep certain topics focused.

rustediron

Smash Lord
No, because that would run counter to what I'm trying to achieve. ;)

It just doesn't look good for a stickied thread about monthlies to be all over the place, even if regulars know their way around it. I'm fine with you guys creating a Melee social thread or whatever else you want, just keep certain topics focused.
Yeah that was the point lol :laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
There really isn't enough activity on this forum to warrant being arsey over threads/posts/socialness of active threads.

Its all abit silly to be honest.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
People in your own community complain about it and when there are complaints I tend to favor the option that actually follows SWF guidelines. That's all there is to it.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Or, you could just give us the names of the people complaining and we could lynch mob them :D

Change is not-fun :(

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i don't think you should modify how the monthlies threads work and have a separate social thread,

I could make another thread but no one has ever complained to me about the info being in the first post

Whoever is complaining to you is stupid lol, its my thread

The UK are just used to it being like that and I've never heard any complaints tbh + it keeps the forum clean of more UK threads which we don't want

we dont need any more UK mods

Top Bottom