• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Loved Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sago

Smash Lord
I wish that the samus community would stop shooting down every idea and closing threads left and right.

The samus community could be really cool if we would be alittle more friendly.

And also i didnt know about ghost jabs

Sago

Smash Lord
yeah i guarentee it gets closed

LIST OF STUFF

1.Samus boards can be pretty rude

2.Recently i came to the opinion that samus isent close to as bad as i use to think she was she just needs some work in the correct direction.

3.WTF IS A GHOST PUMMEL

4.I see alot of people talking about strategies that i dont see them actually applying to there gameplay.

5.I want to see placements with samus. Even just locally

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
That was mean.

Ghost pummels are... game mechanic failures?

Try timed pummels and see if the still happens.

Sago

Smash Lord
haha thats hilarious you really cant pummel them. Wow you think you know EVERYTHING about samus and then someone tells you some hilarious stuff.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Time your pummels.

As to why they don't work on Bowser? Hitbox is too small I think. They fixed it by increasing the hitbox in Brawl+ or Balanced Brawl, one of them.

It's not as if we're shooting down ideas left and right. The ghost pummel was merely known (or should have been known) knowledge. And eve if it wasn't known, it doesn't pursue her metagame. Samus only pummeled to unstale her moves, the damage is too insignificant. If anything, puemmling gives them more time to DI properly to whatever direction Samus ends up throwing.

Now, Dryn's thread on the other hand was an excellent idea. I was hoping he'd expand on it more. ;_;

We've had previous threads perusing Samus options and alternative ways to using her, (LanceStern's threads come to mind.) It's just people tend to dismiss them without attempting to implement the ideas into their gameplay.

We still love each other though. A fierce, biting, immature love.

Sago

Smash Lord
Even if it was suppose to be common knowledge it shouldent have been closed for that reason. Obviously some people (me) didnt know about it.

And last time i checked these were the samus boards. A place to discuss things relevant to samus. Not just a place to advance her metagame. While i do agree that should be the main purpose of the threads within.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Now, Dryn's thread on the other hand was an excellent idea. I was hoping he'd expand on it more. ;_;
Yeah, well SuSa there was being overly analytical about everything that wasn't necessary to be overly analytical about. He mixed definitions with "attack" and "defense," saying that using Marth's f-air against Samus' Homing Missile could be considered a defensive move, which then only mingles the two words "attack" and "defense," making them both meaningless. He also used the word "jump" to think that it could be considered "defensive," and then went back and used the word "evasive" after I told him to look up the word "jump" and tell me where it says "a defense tactic," &c. (Those aren't the same thing, by the way.) Besides that, I don't like SuSa anyway, and I wasn't ready to put up with his overly analytical garbage. (Not to mention, he bugged me after I closed my thread, even though I told him more than once to buzz off. But, he was being overly analytical about that. If only he were a bee...)

I apologize for sounding like a "meanie," but hey, he was right about one thing, and that was that my information wasn't solely for Samus alone. Still, I should be glad I didn't take it to the Brawl Tactical Discussion. Otherwise, I'd probably be shot down again. If anyone is interested in wondering why the "pummel" system is garbage for Samus, go ahead and try to find out. It's as worthy as trying to find out why there's tripping in Brawl in the first place. You'll just have to get into the game and see how it's set up and if it is different from other characters' pummels. I'll open the thread again, but I don't see any worth in trying to figure it out. It's not going to help Samus in the long run anyway. "But Dryn, that's the kind of attitude that keeps Samus so low." Meh.

.AC.

Smash Lord
That was mean.

Ghost pummels are... game mechanic failures?

Try timed pummels and see if the still happens.
if the bowser player smashes backwards multiple times while getting pummeled he wont get hit regardless of timing.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
if the bowser player smashes backwards multiple times while getting pummeled he wont get hit regardless of timing.
Take it to that other pummel thread. There's no point in creating another thread about pummeling, even if after the first one was closed.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Yeah, well SuSa there was being overly analytical about everything that wasn't necessary to be overly analytical about. He mixed definitions with "attack" and "defense," saying that using Marth's f-air against Samus' Homing Missile could be considered a defensive move, which then only mingles the two words "attack" and "defense," making them both meaningless. He also used the word "jump" to think that it could be considered "defensive," and then went back and used the word "evasive" after I told him to look up the word "jump" and tell me where it says "a defense tactic," &c. (Those aren't the same thing, by the way.) Besides that, I don't like SuSa anyway, and I wasn't ready to put up with his overly analytical garbage. (Not to mention, he bugged me after I closed my thread, even though I told him more than once to buzz off. But, he was being overly analytical about that. If only he were a bee...)

I apologize for sounding like a "meanie," but hey, he was right about one thing, and that was that my information wasn't solely for Samus alone. Still, I should be glad I didn't take it to the Brawl Tactical Discussion. Otherwise, I'd probably be shot down again. If anyone is interested in wondering why the "pummel" system is garbage for Samus, go ahead and try to find out. It's as worthy as trying to find out why there's tripping in Brawl in the first place. You'll just have to get into the game and see how it's set up and if it is different from other characters' pummels. I'll open the thread again, but I don't see any worth in trying to figure it out. It's not going to help Samus in the long run anyway. "But Dryn, that's the kind of attitude that keeps Samus so low." Meh.
"The Offensive play style, for example, is aggressive"

"The Defensive play style is different. ........ It's a style that likes to play it safe."

I don't know, it sounded like a lot of useless rambling to me.

It does not matter that, in the definition of "jump" we do not see "evasive". However, if you look at many fighting games. Or apply it in terms of a fight, it can be seen as an evasive tactic.

If I swung a sword at your feet, you'd most likely jump over it to evade it as a defensive move. Or you'd just lose your feet, I don't know.

Now here's why this thread is important, although I doubt you'll even read this post. :laugh:

If you are able to find an instance in which the pummels aren't ignored, then you actually have a better reason to pummel. Even if it's something as simple as changing the speed at which you pummel, or even if it's so situational as to "you have to grab them on a ____ surface" - if you happen to get a grab on said surface, you know it's safe to pummel.

It's minor details like that that help to advance the game. Falco's can get a free jab in after dthrow at certain %'s. Do they know? Well, some of them do. Do they know what %'s they get it in? Nope, somebodies doing the testing now that I mentioned it however. Will that 3%~ (?) matter all that much to most players? Probably not. Does it make a difference? Yes, it does. That 3% can be the difference between killing your opponent with fsmash later on, or freshening a certain KO move. You never know.

SuSa wins the thread, totally agreed with all the points made.

SuSa said:
"you have to grab them on a ____ surface" - if you happen to get a grab on said surface, you know it's safe to pummel.
Yeah I mentioned this, it would be so nice to know if we actually can pummel Bowser. I actually did a little bit of testing and at 180%+ VERY occasionally some of our pummels hit him, My first one hit, next two missed and the next three or so hit before I threw him, it was on Smashville, on the stage not platform, he was near the centre.

Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, it is somewhat possible to pummel Bowser, *goes off to test some more*.

Edit: Ok I tested it, HE CAN BE HIT BY PUMMEL (at least in training). Basically, when going to pummel Bowser, its like you have to enter the pummel attack right before the other one ends (when samus pulls her hand back), it causes all of the hits to land, try it on 1/4 in training.

It shall be hosted when another Samus main says 'we did not know that'.

Footage wont lie to you <3.

SuSa

I'm being honest and supportive.

You should have stated you wanted to see the video, so he'd post it for you guys. Seems like you just don't care however. You care more about getting rid of me (for some reason, I'm trying to be mildly useful in other threads) then the development of the character you moderate for.

Im uploading it now, I'll provide the link when its processed, btw 123 posts xD

Come on everyone, we should be supporting eachother, we are like the smallest bunch of mains for any character and we need to help improve Samus' game, not get at eachothers necks

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You should have stated you wanted to see the video, so he'd post it for you guys. Seems like you just don't care however.
I don't need to. Whoever wishes to upload a video regarding the thread is more than welcome to. No one needs my say on the matter. Also, did anyone read my previous post where I said the other thread for pummeling your opponent is open, and that it's against the rules here to make another thread about the same subject, even if after the selfsame subject has been closed?

You care more about getting rid of me (for some reason, I'm trying to be mildly useful in other threads) then the development of the character you moderate for.
Yeah, I know. I mean, I'm not your friend, after all, and well, I don't find this pummeling to be worth examining.

SuSa

@Dryn
"It shall be hosted when another Samus main says 'we did not know that'. "

Last I checked you were another Samus main.

As for your latter part.

"Pummeling is useless, it obviously doesn't refresh our moveset (it's not like we have issues killing) or rack up small amounts of damage (it's not like our pummel isn't fast, or does damage), and obviously any little help we can get for our already ****ty character is useless"

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys found an 0-death guaranteed on the cast and you felt it wasn't worth examining any further.

Sago

Smash Lord

"Pummeling is useless, it obviously doesn't refresh our moveset (it's not like we have issues killing) or rack up small amounts of damage (it's not like our pummel isn't fast, or does damage), and obviously any little help we can get for our already ****ty character is useless"

I certainly dont agree with your sarcasm or your personal attacks on dryn in a thread i made to try and make these boards alittle more friendly.

I do agree with this quote 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom